Sit or Start: Week 8

Old
10-25-2012, 03:31 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Rodgers (no Jennings, probably no Nelson) or Luck?

Standard scoring league.
Not even a question to me...

Don't bench your studs. Especially when Luck is on the road.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
OBV rodgers

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Aquin001 on Ice

Standard scoring league. Can only start 1 of these 3 for this week at the Flex.

M. Floyd vs CLE
J. Gordon vs SD
S-Jax vs NE

Thanks

Aquin001 on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
M.Wallace vs WAS

or

Fitzgerald vs SF .
Definitely Wallace. Can't count on Fitz this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally24 View Post
James Jones vs JAX

Brandon Gibson vs NE

Malcolm Floyd @ CLE
With Jennings out and Jordy and Finley banged up I'd definitely go Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Stephens-Howling or J. Dwyer? MJD is hurt and Rice is on bye leaving me with Gore and a whole lot of nothing on the waiver wire.
I'd go Dwyer with Howling playing the Niners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
Newton @ CHI
Luck @ TEN
McCoy vs ATL
Lynch @ Det
Morris @ Pitts
I think you gotta go Luck. McCoy is still a must start to me, so I'd go him and Lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
At flex do i start: Leshoure, Witten, or Amendola (if he plays, it could be limited).

I have Leshoure slotted in now.
I'd stick with Leshoure. I know it's a tough run D, but he catches a lot of balls and still could get you a goal line TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Steve Smith or Trent Richardson at flex?
I think you gotta go with Smith. TRich could easily get hurt again during the game and do nothing. I'm gonna need a good week out of him before I'm starting him until after their bye in week 10.

Quote:
Felix Jones or Alex Green? Green will probabl;y get more touches once the Packers start the rout of Jacksonville...but Jones is more likely to find the end zone.
Green's just been too bad to start. Not to mention their RBs never score. As long as Felix's knee doesn't keep him out of the game, you gotta go with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLongR0D View Post
James Jones or Jeremy Maclin
This one's close. I typically like to go with my stars, but Maclin's like a semi-star, and with Jennings out and Jordy/Finley hurting, I think I'd lean Jones here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Rodgers (no Jennings, probably no Nelson) or Luck?

Standard scoring league.
Can't sit Rodgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquin001 on Ice View Post
M. Floyd vs CLE
J. Gordon vs SD
S-Jax vs NE
I'd go Floyd. SJax has been very mediocre (just a matter of time before Richardson takes over), and Gordon is a little too much of a boom or bust guy for my taste.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
Drafting Newton was the worst decision.

It's difficult for me to bench Newton (I have been, starting Dalton most weeks) cause I know Cam has the ability for monster games. But against Chicago... I doubt he is putting many FP up.

Luck on the road is worrying, but Tennessee's pass defense is garbage.
It does hurt, especially since i could have had Brees. That said Newton hasn't been as bad as many make him seem to be, he's had some big games, not many real bad ones. I have/had Dalton as my backup as well haha, played him just Cam's bye week and one other.

Chicago matchup scares me, i think Luck will be able to pick apart the tenn D. Now watch Cam have a huge game . . .

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Scotianhab

Chargers D vs Cleveland or
Oaklands D vs KC

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Pick 2:

Gordon @SD
Ridley @STL
Wallace @WAS

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:26 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Gordon @SD
Ridley @STL
Wallace @WAS
Gotta go Wallace and Ridley there. Bolden's still out, so you can pencil Ridley in for close to 20 touches.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:41 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

For one league:

Jeremy Kerley (vs. Miami) or

DeSean Jackson (vs. ATL)

For the other:

Felix Jones (vs. NYG) or

Randall Cobb (vs. JAX)

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:47 AM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Fred Jackson on a bye, but I have some new options this week.

Pick 2:

Alex Green vs JAX
LaRod Stephens-Howling vs SF
Jonathan Stewart vs CHI
Andre Brown vs DAL

LSH and Stewart have the highest projected points, but they are up against the two best run defenses in the NFL. Very hesitant to go with either of them even if they are both the clear lead back now on their teams.

Picked up Green on waivers after his awful week last week, but he continues to get a lot of touches and Jacksonville has been terrible against the run. Brown is obviously the number 2 back in NY but Bradshaw has missed practice all week and is questionable. Should he be out, I have a hell of a decision.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:48 AM
John Stamos
theDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
This one's close. I typically like to go with my stars, but Maclin's like a semi-star, and with Jennings out and Jordy/Finley hurting, I think I'd lean Jones here.
Ya I was leaning Jones, but I just read in the last two meetings with the Falcons, Maclin has 330 yds and 4 TDs.

John Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:58 PM
tbcwpg

Thanks to injuries I'm stuck debating using either Kendall Hunter or Phillip Tanner in my RB2 spot this weekend. Non-PPR. Hunter has been getting more and more touches each week, but Tanner is behind Felix Jones who's a gust of wind away from a broken leg and could get full looks all game if Jones is out early.

Not that it matters too much, two disappointing performances from Jackson and Rudolph last night, combined with the other guy having Doug Martin, means I'm probably going to lose anyway.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

For the love of god Jordy Nelson please play Sunday. If he's hurt i have Crabtree who's been nothing short of a huge dissapointment this year.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Well, thanks to the fact that my recieving corps never had any depth to begin with, I seem to be dealing with a neverending revolving door of assorted scrubs, with maybe one reliable producer.

I need to pick three of the following:
Dez Bryant (The guy just can't make up his mind on if he wants to be a WR1 or not)
Brian Hartline (I picked him up off waivers after his monster game so he's been next to useless since)
Cecil Shorts (I had bye week holes to fill so I gambled on this guy and he coughed up 13 points for me last week)
Brandon LaFell (I wish I'd picked him up last week instead of the other moron I gambled on who produced nothing).

So right now I think I'm putting Dez Bryant in at least, and probably Hartline since the Dolphins bye week should help him get back to putting up real numbers again. That just leaves Shorts or LaFell. Both seem like they are hit or miss. Shorts looks like he may be starting to come into his own, while LaFell also matches up with my QB, Cam Newton, and gets a pretty decent number of targets.

So, which three should I go with on sunday?

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:34 AM
WalterHeisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Well, thanks to the fact that my recieving corps never had any depth to begin with, I seem to be dealing with a neverending revolving door of assorted scrubs, with maybe one reliable producer.

Dez Bryant (The guy just can't make up his mind on if he wants to be a WR1 or not)
Brian Hartline (I picked him up off waivers after his monster game so he's been next to useless since)
Cecil Shorts (I had bye week holes to fill so I gambled on this guy and he coughed up 13 points for me last week)
Brandon LaFell (I wish I'd picked him up last week instead of the other moron I gambled on who produced nothing).

So right now I think I'm putting Dez Bryant in at least, and probably Hartline since the Dolphins bye week should help him get back to putting up real numbers again. That just leaves Shorts or LaFell. Both seem like they are hit or miss. Shorts looks like he may be starting to come into his own, while LaFell also matches up with my QB, Cam Newton, and gets a pretty decent number of targets.

So, which three should I go with on sunday?
I would go with Bryant, Hartline, and Shorts because of the fact he is playing the Packers D which isn't very great and woodson is out for 6 weeks anyway. Only problem is the QB but LaFell is playing Chicago who's D is the best in the league right now

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:35 AM
WalterHeisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
For one league:

DeSean Jackson (vs. ATL)

For the other:

Felix Jones (vs. NYG) or

Randall Cobb (vs. JAX)
D-JAX vs ATL
and..
Randall Cobb vs JAX (kids turning out to be a stud, and will be #1 reciever if Nelson doesnt play)

Old
10-27-2012, 02:37 AM
WalterHeisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Fred Jackson on a bye, but I have some new options this week.

Pick 2:

Alex Green vs JAX
Jonathan Stewart vs CHI
Andre Brown vs DAL

LSH and Stewart have the highest projected points, but they are up against the two best run defenses in the NFL. Very hesitant to go with either of them even if they are both the clear lead back now on their teams.

Picked up Green on waivers after his awful week last week, but he continues to get a lot of touches and Jacksonville has been terrible against the run. Brown is obviously the number 2 back in NY but Bradshaw has missed practice all week and is questionable. Should he be out, I have a hell of a decision.
Alex Green because I feel this game will be a blowout or SHOULD at least therefor they'll run the ball alot

Stephens-Howling because SF has let 100 plus rushers the past 2 games, and Skelton won't be able to beat this team throwing the ball all game...just look how us G-Men beat em

Old
10-27-2012, 02:40 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally24 View Post
I would go with Bryant, Hartline, and Shorts because of the fact he is playing the Packers D which isn't very great and woodson is out for 6 weeks anyway. Only problem is the QB but LaFell is playing Chicago who's D is the best in the league right now
That sounds like a pretty good assessment. If I had an alternate solution at QB I would be thinking of benching Cam Newton this week because the matchup looks so poor.

Thanks!

Old
10-27-2012, 05:49 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post

DeSean Jackson (vs. ATL)
Gotta go with your stars. I'd go DJax.

Quote:
Felix Jones (vs. NYG) or

Randall Cobb (vs. JAX)
I love Cobb this week with Jennings out and Jordy/Finley banged up. I'd definitely go with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Thanks to injuries I'm stuck debating using either Kendall Hunter or Phillip Tanner in my RB2 spot this weekend.
I like Tanner this week quite a bit. I feel like he's a more explosive runner than Felix, and Felix has a bum knee, so I could easily see him not finishing the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Alex Green vs JAX
Jonathan Stewart vs CHI
Andre Brown vs DAL
I'd start Stewart for sure. They're gonna make a point to run, and they're gonna give him every opportunity to be the guy there. Leshoure averaged over 5 YPC against the Bears last week, so I like Stewart's chances. I'd go Brown next for sure if Bradshaw's out, if not it gets tricky. I don't like Howling against SF at all, and as terrible as Green has been you figure he's gonna get 20 touches this week, so I think you go with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLongR0D View Post
Ya I was leaning Jones, but I just read in the last two meetings with the Falcons, Maclin has 330 yds and 4 TDs.
Wow, that's pretty good. I should probably change my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Dez is a must. Shorts is your number 2 IMO. Close between Hartline and LaFell. Rankings would say Hartline, but I'd actually go LaFell. You take away Hartline's monster game he's very ordinary. Better chance the other guys find the endzone. Not to mention the Jets have given up the least points to WRs in the entire league, so even though the Bears have a better overall D, they're only 12th in that particular category.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

2 of : Desean Jackson , Marques Colston , or Lance Moore ?

I'm kind of leaning towards the two Saints players because Brees is a beast who I also have on my time.

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
2 of : Desean Jackson , Marques Colston , or Lance Moore ?

I'm kind of leaning towards the two Saints players because Brees is a beast who I also have on my time.
Champ is shutting one of the two down. Brees knows not to throw it his way, especially when its not an elite receiver.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Dez is a must. Shorts is your number 2 IMO. Close between Hartline and LaFell. Rankings would say Hartline, but I'd actually go LaFell. You take away Hartline's monster game he's very ordinary. Better chance the other guys find the endzone. Not to mention the Jets have given up the least points to WRs in the entire league, so even though the Bears have a better overall D, they're only 12th in that particular category.
That's an interesting take on it. I had been looking at Hartline as my WR2 for a while now, but now I have reason to reconsider.

Gonna be a tough call for me to make tomorrow morning.

Damn I wish Garcon had not gone down in week 1.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Champ is shutting one of the two down. Brees knows not to throw it his way, especially when its not an elite receiver.
So your saying not to start one of them because Bailey will be covering one, but I don't know which one. Colston is better than Moore so my guess would be him covering Colston. I got a feeling if I don't start Colston is going to bite me in the ass.

I also have Marshall but that should be an automatic start.

Leafs at Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Everlong
-

Hartline @ NYJ or Hixon @ DAL?

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
So your saying not to start one of them because Bailey will be covering one, but I don't know which one. Colston is better than Moore so my guess would be him covering Colston. I got a feeling if I don't start Colston is going to bite me in the ass.

I also have Marshall but that should be an automatic start.
I was just saying both of them will not have great days. And its not necessarily true that either of them do much. (I'd start Colston and Jackson)

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote