Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So who is bummed about the lockout? II

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
forthewild

vCash: 500
this pissing match needs to end some time don't it? its just plain sad we can't enjoy a good season both sides are idiots

Old
10-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
this pissing match needs to end some time don't it? its just plain sad we can't enjoy a good season both sides are idiots
The greedy owners (read: leafs, Bruins, etc), and Donald Fehr seem like they types that will continue a pissing match until there is nothing left to piss about.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Ryan Suter disappointed in lockout

Old
10-26-2012, 07:34 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Not sure why, but this thought just came to me... in the offseason prior to the last lockout, the Wild made a UFA signing that got a lot of people very excited. Everyone then had to wait over a year before they could see him suit up in a Wild uniform. That UFA went on to be the best UFA in Wild history (up to this offseason of course)... Brian Rolston went on to have career years and score 30+ goals in 3 consecutive seasons for the Wild post lockout.

Now this offseason we have TWO UFA signings that completely excited the fanbase more so than Rolston's signing ever did... bam! Another lockout.

Does this mean that both Suter and Parise are going to completely go off for the rest of their tenure here as well?

Old
10-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTOTHEVOID View Post
This is just awful for the entire game, what's making it worse is my friend who is a football fan taunts me every day about there being no hockey.
Tell him to enjoy the total of 60 minutes of football he sees the whole season between 100 hours of ads.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:13 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

football = turn based strategy.
hockey = FPS

Old
10-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Racecars = Racecars

Old
10-27-2012, 01:59 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

Yes many of us in the world of hockey are disappointed. But, please Mr Suter. Please.

He said: "I haven't done any interviews. I haven't said anything.." And maybe that just the way it should be. We all hope that a quick solution can be found. But there are bigger victims than players, there are bigger victims than owners and there are bigger victims than fans. People who are actually making their living with hockey or hockey related businesses.

Please.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:17 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Actually came to my mind. When there are many ideas how to protest against the lockout, but they somehow don't seem work very well.

And don't know if there are some local businesses that already are suffering this? You know better. But wouldn't it be cool if a bunch of fans could gather ..and let's say if there WAS a scheduled game.. they decide to go together like some bar / restaurant ..where they normally go before or after the games. Just grab a couple of beers / sodas / food. And have a good time. It's like positive manifestation. We are here together. We support you guys.

No NHL sweaters at all or anything, but large enough bunch of people is needed that it could be seen. Too bad can't do it from here, but just an idea..

Or..?

Old
10-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Racecars = Racecars
Interesting argument. We can agree to disagree.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
PRo0902

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi75 View Post
Actually came to my mind. When there are many ideas how to protest against the lockout, but they somehow don't seem work very well.

And don't know if there are some local businesses that already are suffering this? You know better. But wouldn't it be cool if a bunch of fans could gather ..and let's say if there WAS a scheduled game.. they decide to go together like some bar / restaurant ..where they normally go before or after the games. Just grab a couple of beers / sodas / food. And have a good time. It's like positive manifestation. We are here together. We support you guys.

No NHL sweaters at all or anything, but large enough bunch of people is needed that it could be seen. Too bad can't do it from here, but just an idea..

Or..?
Tom Reid's is DEAD when there's no Wild games. They even tried to get people in the door by becoming a U of Nebraska bar, but there's barely anyone there during Nebraska football games, either. I try to go to Reid's when I'm downtown because places like McGovern's, Liffey, etc. don't suffer nearly as much without Wild traffic. I've read that Eagle Street is struggling too, but I've only been there a couple times so I can't speak to that from experience.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRo0902 View Post
Tom Reid's is DEAD when there's no Wild games. They even tried to get people in the door by becoming a U of Nebraska bar, but there's barely anyone there during Nebraska football games, either. I try to go to Reid's when I'm downtown because places like McGovern's, Liffey, etc. don't suffer nearly as much without Wild traffic. I've read that Eagle Street is struggling too, but I've only been there a couple times so I can't speak to that from experience.
I've been to Eagle Street a couple times recently and it has been completely dead compared to a typical hockey season. I haven't even made it to Reid's in a while because I feel like that would just serve as another reminder that there's no hockey, and that's the last thing I need.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:45 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Nice to see Suter disappointed with Leipold. Great to see both him and Parise creating some bad blood with the owner before they even play their first game in a Wild jersey.

So was Leipold suppose to not offer them that money? Those two players have to realize that they were the best FA's available and the competition was fierce. Don't tell me they had no clue about what was about to happen on September 15th. Maybe they should have waited till after the new CBA to sign with a team. They damn well knew the situation when negotiating. Hello, Mr. Big Signing Bonus! Heck, they knew about the upcoming fight. Why else would they bring in Fehr. If it wasn't Leipold, it would have been another team. Philly offered more, did they not? And Detroit threw the bank at Suter. Both parties knew exactly what was going on and what was about to happen. He thinks Leipold shouldn't have offered the contract if he didn't intend on paying it in full? Guess what? NO owner was offering a contract of that caliber during the last 12 months that wasn't going to be questioned, used as an example of, or affected by the new CBA. How does this man not get this? Even the fans could see it a mile away. Yes. The owners were crazy for creating those contracts, but the #$@!ing players and their agents constantly driving up their prices had an equal part in creating this mess! Sure didn't see a gun to their heads during the process. Supply and demand. This July the supply was pretty weak, and the demand was high. And their agents had a field day with it.

Last edited by NHL1674: 10-27-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

In Suter's case, that read just like a PR piece, rather than something from him. I wouldn't read too much into it as it seemed to me a lot more like something written to try send a message, not something written with serious, heartfelt beliefs behind it.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:50 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRo0902 View Post
Eagle does just fine. They are hurting without the hockey crowd just like every other bar downtown is. BUT its still a big "go to place" for anyone on the weekends. Just the day games on the weekends its hurting.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:51 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
And for all the fans of 29 other teams who blame Leipold for this, don't make me go back and dig up your endless posts and threads from July 1st about you hoping and praying that your GM was gonna bag these two guys. Because you sure seemed pretty content throwing $90-100 million/10-12 years at them to get them in your team's sweater. Bunch of hypocrites.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:00 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

also Eagle has to have some of that RNC money left over. iirc they rented the rights to rename it for a lot of $$

Old
10-27-2012, 08:26 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
also Eagle has to have some of that RNC money left over. iirc they rented the rights to rename it for a lot of $$
Its a popular bar right there. Where basically everyone from convention center go to since its right by the Holiday Inn

Old
10-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I listened to an NHL agent whose name escapes me at the moment during the 2nd intermission of the UND and UAA game tonight who was being interviewed and asked about the lockout. I almost dropped my beer listening to the way he talked about Fehr and how the players were so lucky to have someone who is so committed to the game etc.

I know he has to sell his side of the argument, but come on.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:40 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I listened to an NHL agent whose name escapes me at the moment during the 2nd intermission of the UND and UAA game tonight who was being interviewed and asked about the lockout. I almost dropped my beer listening to the way he talked about Fehr and how the players were so lucky to have someone who is so committed to the game etc.

I know he has to sell his side of the argument, but come on.
Agents make their money as a percentage commission of their clients' salaries. The more money their clients make, the more money the agents take from them.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:51 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

remoras.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:56 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
remoras.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:57 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

megaremora! that's Walsh.
does he get a check if he gets one of his guys to sign overseas while this thing is going on?

Old
10-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Agents make their money as a percentage commission of their clients' salaries. The more money their clients make, the more money the agents take from them.
I completely understand why he said what he said. I just hate Fehr and his stubbornness regarding the lockout.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:13 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I had forgotten about this story until someone on BoH posted it, but anyone interested in seeing how this lockout actually came about should read about the events that led to the current NHLPA structure:

Link

This is a large part of why I started this labor dispute so opposed to the NHLPA.

Closed Thread