HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 08:05 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
so true.... he cant pronounce anyone... i have never been so bored listing to a game in my life
I'm not going to name teams, but there are much worse out there.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Yea there is but the point is there job is to announce games, they should do there homework before the game starts, should know the right pronunciations of the names, these guys look lost, watching 2nd intermission and he forgot one of the players players injured(Garland)

Old
10-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Yea there is but the point is there job is to announce games, they should do there homework before the game starts, should know the right pronunciations of the names, these guys look lost, watching 2nd intermission and he forgot one of the players players injured(Garland), to me the best announcer is a hockey fan a person that loves the game and is in to it,(Dom Papa and even Miller on radio) and I remember steve bell that guy was great...

Old
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM
hockeylegend11

Nice bounce back win over the hottest team in the O
Spits were the better team in the 1st 40,the Storm the final 20
Their pp kept Guelph in the game
Storm go 3-3 on PP,Windsor 1-3
The Storm scored 4-12 in the 1st game at Windsor on their PP,a deadly pp for sure
5 on 5 the Spits have outscored the Storm 4-2 this season
Nice to see 6 different goal scorers for Windsor including 2 from the defence,Seiloff and Devlin
Seeing spitfire forwards blocking shots in the 3rd,Marchese and Rychel
The Maletta-Studnicka-E.Clark line played very well tonite
Bateman did not impress tonite in my view,Mcnaughton was a little better sure would like to see him score one
On to the next game at Owen Sd
Proposed lineup changes are HoSang and Bowen in,delete Bateman and Mcnaughton
Like Guelph,Owen Sd plays an aggressive ,in your face,sometimes dirty game thus the insertion of Bowen

Old
10-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Ottomatic

You can't keep taking Bateman out of the line-up, at some point you have to give him a stretch and see if he can play through it. Or trade him to a team that will. Playing while thinking any screw up will have you benched will often lead to crummy play.

Bateman needs to pull a Blacker and demand a trade at this point.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:48 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
You can't keep taking Bateman out of the line-up, at some point you have to give him a stretch and see if he can play through it. Or trade him to a team that will. Playing while thinking any screw up will have you benched will often lead to crummy play.

Bateman needs to pull a Blacker and demand a trade at this point.
While I understand what you are saying about Bateman,I am a firm believer in a player gets ice time if deserved otherwise he sits
Windsor does not have the luxury of waiting for a player to come around
I have sympathy dont get me wrong but a team has to give with whom is working not with those who arent
I would like nothing else then to see this guy play great,or even solid,u cant meet a nicer kid,its just he is struggling

Old
10-26-2012, 09:51 PM
OHLTG

If he hasn't earned his ice time, deal him somewhere. Having him sit, knowing his potential, isn't helping him or the team. I'd rather see him dealt, so he can at least attempt to flourish, than be a constant healthy scratch.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
If he hasn't earned his ice time, deal him somewhere. Having him sit, knowing his potential, isn't helping him or the team. I'd rather see him dealt, so he can at least attempt to flourish, than be a constant healthy scratch.
I think the something might be done shortly as most GMs will start trading after the 15 game mark
No need to be hurried into a bad deal ,if such a deal even takes place

Old
10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
pinkfloyd44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I think the something might be done shortly as most GMs will start trading after the 15 game mark
No need to be hurried into a bad deal ,if such a deal even takes place
Hey windsor fans,

What do you guys think a fair return would be for a guy like Bateman? He was a first rounder, with a year of experience in the league (which counts for something). But do you think teams will give low ball offers due to what appears to be his declining potential. He hasn't been showcased this year or given a chance to prove he can bounce out of a slump. I dont know how he was last year so i cant comment if he has been inconsistent in the past or proven he can bounce back from a slump. Just wqnt some thoughts on what you think would be a good return

Thanks!

Old
10-27-2012, 03:11 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan32 View Post
Hey windsor fans,

What do you guys think a fair return would be for a guy like Bateman? He was a first rounder, with a year of experience in the league (which counts for something). But do you think teams will give low ball offers due to what appears to be his declining potential. He hasn't been showcased this year or given a chance to prove he can bounce out of a slump. I dont know how he was last year so i cant comment if he has been inconsistent in the past or proven he can bounce back from a slump. Just wqnt some thoughts on what you think would be a good return

Thanks!
Give me a 94 or 95 forward with scoring potential.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Raisy

To me Bateman's treatement reminds me of Posa a couple of years ago, that season Posa was supposed to step up into a full time defenseman, but he stunk it up and was a healthy scratch a couple a couple of games and finally got the message and started to play much better and since that time has been a regular in the line up. I keep thinking that is what they are doing with Bateman, but everytime he gets back into the line up he makes the same mistakes.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:40 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
To me Bateman's treatement reminds me of Posa a couple of years ago, that season Posa was supposed to step up into a full time defenseman, but he stunk it up and was a healthy scratch a couple a couple of games and finally got the message and started to play much better and since that time has been a regular in the line up. I keep thinking that is what they are doing with Bateman, but everytime he gets back into the line up he makes the same mistakes.
I know what u mean,seems like a confidence issue with him
looks panic stricken and uncertain
He needs to keep it simple,play physical and not worry about the mistakes
He has the skating ability,needs to use it

Old
10-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
Huge difference first look at where Posa was drafted and then where Bateman was, and then look at the team Posa was trying to make(The Mem cup team) with players like Ellis, Fowler, Cudari, Young, jus to name a few he was an extreme surprise to make the roster and as he said himself "it was a blessing" an 11th round pick making that team...Bateman a first round pick with tons of up side and some hype coming into this league has had a chance on a young team and a defense where there is no reason he shouldn't be making the team, the think is he's been playing like crap and deserves to watch, last night again I wasn't impressed as I saw the kid getting pushed around, gave away the puck a couple times and was caught out of position... Don't know what it is with him, don't know where his head is but maybe he needs a change of scenery that could help him and the spits.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:20 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Give me a 94 or 95 forward with scoring potential.
So another Marchese?

Old
10-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Percyma

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
While I dont doubt a deal likely to be done I would not trade for a 93 born forward such as Leivo who would be one and done as I expect the Leafs to sign him and turn him pro next year
The 1 deal I see happening is Brandon Devlin to Erie for LW-Michigan native Nick Betz
If Betz does indeed end up in Windsor, there will be more than just Devlin heading to Erie. Betz is worth more than just Devlin, IMHO.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Spitsfan67*

Why does everyone bash Marchese he has 2 goals and 8 assist not to bad, Better then Cortellessa who has only one assist in 9 games this season, he's had 3 or 4 games where he has been invisible but in most games he's getting chances and playing good defensively, I'd take Marchese everyday of the week over Cortellessa that kid has proven zilch during his ohl career

Old
10-27-2012, 11:30 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Why does everyone bash Marchese he has 2 goals and 8 assist not to bad, Better then Cortellessa who has only one assist in 9 games this season, he's had 3 or 4 games where he has been invisible but in most games he's getting chances and playing good defensively, I'd take Marchese everyday of the week over Cortellessa that kid has proven zilch during his ohl career
Erie also got two second rounder and a seventh rounder. Personally I think Marchese deserves more credit but he was lazy here and other posters have said it continued in Windsor.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:34 AM
4 Bobby ORR

Trading Bateman may be a hasty move. Look at Ebert last year- got a lot of ice time and made more mistakes than Bateman and this year has been more consistent with his play.
I think Bateman just needs to play to work through it.

Don't you think Bateman should be getting the same mulligan that Ebert got?????????

Old
10-27-2012, 11:52 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Erie also got two second rounder and a seventh rounder. Personally I think Marchese deserves more credit but he was lazy here and other posters have said it continued in Windsor.
Marchese does deserve a little more credit,last nite he went down and blocked a shot late in the contest to help preserve a lead and eventual lead
He would never have done that in Erie
He showed up at camp in real good shape
He definitely has ability just needs to apply himself

Old
10-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
As the trade stands right now it is Holden, Marchese for Cortellessa..those two seconds are in the 2014 draft and 2015 draft by then at least one of these seconds could be traded and if not who knows who these seconds will be it could be a horrible pick or a player that doesn't report, when those two seconds get drafted that's when we can really address this trade and see how bad it was... But as of right now i don't think it's as bad as everyone makes it out to seem like I said Marchese is helpin us out a lot more then Cortellessa would be right now.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:57 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Bobby ORR View Post
Trading Bateman may be a hasty move. Look at Ebert last year- got a lot of ice time and made more mistakes than Bateman and this year has been more consistent with his play.
I think Bateman just needs to play to work through it.

Don't you think Bateman should be getting the same mulligan that Ebert got?????????
I know what you are saying re Bateman,though I wonder if he has the natural ability that Ebert has,with Ebert its his decision making abilities I question,Bateman thinks the game better,as I said before lack of confidence seems to be his biggest problem right now
I really dont want to trade him right now,afterall at Christmas will lose Seiloff,HoSang,Sanvido,possibly Vail and Rychel to the various tournaments at that time of year vis-a-vis world jrs and-17

Old
10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Ottomatic

I compare Bateman more to Grant Webermin or even Jesse Blacker. Both kids seemingly could never please the Spit coaching for whatever reason and were traded away. Webermin has 9 points already this year, would be tops among all Spit defencemen in scoring.

It's like the Spits draft a smallish offensive defenceman and if he's not Ryan Ellis he's in the dog house.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
As the trade stands right now it is Holden, Marchese for Cortellessa..those two seconds are in the 2014 draft and 2015 draft by then at least one of these seconds could be traded and if not who knows who these seconds will be it could be a horrible pick or a player that doesn't report, when those two seconds get drafted that's when we can really address this trade and see how bad it was... But as of right now i don't think it's as bad as everyone makes it out to seem like I said Marchese is helpin us out a lot more then Cortellessa would be right now.
Well the Holden trade is irrelevant because it was separate but I do agree that it is to early to tell. Marchese wanted out of Erie so I thought Erie got a good return for him. Marchese has not lived up to his potential and was not a role model by any means, is he as bad as others say? No I do not think he is but he certainly is not missed in Erie.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Well the Holden trade is irrelevant because it was separate but I do agree that it is to early to tell. Marchese wanted out of Erie so I thought Erie got a good return for him. Marchese has not lived up to his potential and was not a role model by any means, is he as bad as others say? No I do not think he is but he certainly is not missed in Erie.
Yea your right he wanted out and played very plain over there, with no passion so it was best for him and the Otters to part ways... Marchese has played better over here, blocking shots, getting points, hopefully he can continue to get better and help this team out and hopfiully for he Otters Cortellesa can start finding the back of the net.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:34 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I compare Bateman more to Grant Webermin or even Jesse Blacker. Both kids seemingly could never please the Spit coaching for whatever reason and were traded away. Webermin has 9 points already this year, would be tops among all Spit defencemen in scoring.

It's like the Spits draft a smallish offensive defenceman and if he's not Ryan Ellis he's in the dog house.
My buddy and I were talking about this on the way to Sarnia on Thurs. That's exactly the point I brought up; we draft smaller guys in hopes they become Ellis 2.0, but it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to do that. Instead of making an Ellis 2.0, they need to make a (insert future star) 1.0.

Closed Thread