HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schneider to Edmonton

Old
10-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Schneider to Edmonton

Let's keep things clean here.

Unverified reports have Edmonton in the Luongo game, and Edmonton fans have said he doesn't fit the plan of the Oilers, or the youth of their core. Schneider has a few years on the Oilers kids, but he should show the consistent play he has through every level of every league he's played in.

Let's avoid the name calling, the comparisons of Dubnyk to Schneider and the double standards on potential and experience.

Hemsky+ is what I would be asking, and unless things have changed, that value is highly contested.

Last edited by Cogburn: 10-26-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: I forgot my starting proposal!
Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Yakupov
Hemsky
Gagner
1st
Klefbom
MPS
Marincin

All stuff I'd be interested in. Us having to add for Yakupov, obviously, but without him it would probably take 2-3 of the other pieces with maybe a minor piece from us as well.

Oh, and I may as well say it: Justin Schultz

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Lundface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Let's keep things clean here.

Unverified reports have Edmonton in the Luongo game, and Edmonton fans have said he doesn't fit the plan of the Oilers, or the youth of their core. Schneider has a few years on the Oilers kids, but he should show the consistent play he has through every level of every league he's played in.

Let's avoid the name calling, the comparisons of Dubnyk to Schneider and the double standards on potential and experience.

Hemsky+ is what I would be asking, and unless things have changed, that value is highly contested.
Unless they overpay, no interest in handing them Schneider. He could turn them from offensive juggernaut to legitimate threat...Id rather not help them with that

Lundface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Unless they overpay, no interest in handing them Schneider. He could turn them from offensive juggernaut to legitimate threat...Id rather not help them with that
I doubt we'd be able to all agree on a deal for one of the young 4, but "handing" Schneider would never be part of my plan, I'd want market value. A great young goaltender, on a great contract, that would help a young team...I've mistyped if I gave the impression that I was proposing charity

Old
10-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Oh please, we never wanted Schultz!

Old
10-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Shawnathon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yakupov
Hemsky
Gagner
1st
Klefbom
MPS
Marincin

All stuff I'd be interested in. Us having to add for Yakupov, obviously, but without him it would probably take 2-3 of the other pieces with maybe a minor piece from us as well.

No chance you ever get Yakupov and Klefbom for Luongo. Probably not for Schneider either.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
No chance you ever get Yakupov and Klefbom for Luongo. Probably not for Schneider either.
Which is why I said we'd have to add to Schneider to get Yakupov, but if he isn't involved it would take two-to three of the other assets.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Which is why I said we'd have to add to Schneider to get Yakupov, but if he isn't involved it would take two-to three of the other assets.
Can't see a trade between Edmonton and Vancouver going down regardless of what rumors say.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:00 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Oh.

Oh oh oh.

Schneider to Edmonton? Edmonton? Yeah, that's big 4 territory. Assuming we ever have NHL games again.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Haven't us Canucks fan learned anything from the Luongo thread?

Luongo is old and past his prime.

Schneider is inexperienced.

Both our goalies suck!

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:10 AM
OilGuns

vCash: 200
Honestly this thread is going to turn out bad, some oiler fans are going to argue that Schnieder isn't proven that much due to him having not started as many games in the NHL to be consistent, and Canuck fans will believe that we should trade our #1 pick + Eberle or something as I have seen from your main board. Also why can't we compare Dubnyk to Schneider, they are both right now the future starters for each franchise I know how much some of you can get riled up and don't like to hear things ( such as your mod warning in the Luongo thread), but to play along I do believe Schneider is a good goalie and i would be ecstatic to get him but I wouldn't be willing to give up Schultz (we need him bad), Eberle, RNH, Hall, or Yakupov, Call me crazy but that's just how I see it.

OilGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Soundwave

Yakupov is not on the table. Just because he's the newest of the big 4 doesn't mean he holds the least value or that Edmonton would just give him away, he very easily could be better than Hall or Eberle.

He's scoring at a higher rate in the KHL at age 18 than Ovy or Malkin were in Russian pro leagues at the same age. You don't trade a no.1 pick like this without letting him even play a game for you unless he's pulling a Lindros.

Also Schneider took some pot shots at the Oilers, not sure if the Oilers have forgotten about that.

I would be open to the idea of Luongo in Edmonton, but it depends a lot on what the price would be, I like the guy, but my guess is Toronto will offer more than Edmonton is willing to go to.

And also yeah, given that we're in the same division I don't see the two GMs dealing much.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Why in the blue moon would we want hemsky?

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:21 AM
OilGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Why in the blue moon would we want hemsky?
Exactly, and I'm sure that shows that that's what the oilers would be willing to give up and maybe a first +. That said some Canucks will feel that anything but one of the big five and picks would be necessary, and Oiler fans will be laughing.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:25 AM
Cogburn

To Oilguns, we are far apart, but I still have faith we can keep things civil. Also, big 5? I know the four, is Schultz the 5? Or the Oilers pick? Sorry, I've been out of Oiler affairs for awhile now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I would be open to the idea of Luongo in Edmonton, but it depends a lot on what the price would be, I like the guy, but my guess is Toronto will offer more than Edmonton is willing to go to.
Make an offer, I'm happy to hear it, if it doesn't work, we move on.

Lucbourdon: He is a play making winger with some speed and more then some skill. Injuries are a risk, but then again, Kesler and Booth have also missed time, and we haven't lessened their value substantially. Ideally, Hemsky would be bigger and less injury prone, but then, why would Edmonton offer him?

Old
10-27-2012, 01:26 AM
CSimpson18

Oiler fans, not unlike every other fanbase on HF, will not give up what Van would want for Schneider. Especially not with Dubnyk's solid performance in the last half of the year. Trade Luongo. Also, expect to be disappointed in the return.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

I would do Luongo for Hemsky + 1st.

For Schneider I would fight to the bitter end to package him for one of the big 4, but if Luongo doesn't generate much of an alternative I might settle for lesser assets.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:30 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Edmonton isn't in the market for a goalie. We're happy with Dubnyk and we've got another year of Bulinwall.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
I would do Luongo for Hemsky + 1st.

For Schneider I would fight to the bitter end to package him for one of the big 4, but if Luongo doesn't generate much of an alternative I might settle for lesser assets.
I like that deal as a Van fan, what do Oiler fans think?

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
To Oilguns, we are far apart, but I still have faith we can keep things civil. Also, big 5? I know the four, is Schultz the 5? Or the Oilers pick? Sorry, I've been out of Oiler affairs for awhile now.

Schultz would the fifth guy of the core group, yeah.

For Luongo I'd be open to Hemsky or MPS + a 1st (2013 or 2014 *but* it would be the Oilers choice) only with the pre-condition that his family (ahem wife) is OK with a harder brand of Canadian winter, lol.

Not all Oiler fans will agree with me on this though. I think he will end up in Toronto when all's said and done.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Big four or bust as far as I'm concerned, but I preface this by saying Edmonton has no reason to chase Schneider now.

Hemsky + 1st for Luongo is intriguing though, even if I have mixed feelings toward Hemsky.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:40 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Oh.

Oh oh oh.

Schneider to Edmonton? Edmonton? Yeah, that's big 4 territory. Assuming we ever have NHL games again.
That's what I was thinking as well.

That being said, I'd go for Hemsky, MPS + 1st.

Obviously Van would add.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:43 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
That's what I was thinking as well.

That being said, I'd go for Hemsky, MPS + 1st.

Obviously Van would add.
And obviously Van laughs. Yeah, lock 'er up. Nothing good can come from this.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:44 AM
OilGuns

Quote:

I think we would have to MAYBE give up one of the big four, more likely a guy like hemsky, MPS and our first pick. I agree that's what it should be ( big four ) I might be picking things we don't have yet with Schultz but I feel he will be good Anyways seeing him putting up large numbers in the AHL right now. Back on topic I would think one of our core offensive guys except RNH + for Schieder +. I just see no way in hell we would give one of them up right now unless It was a great center or a very good #1 defensemen or even a elite young goalie. I just don't feel Scheider has shown me enough to be that YET, but I'd be happy to eat my words though.

Bold shows what I'm talking about.

Last edited by OilGuns: 10-27-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old
10-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
And obviously Van laughs. Yeah, lock 'er up. Nothing good can come from this.
If you don't like it, ignore it. Personally I could use a change from talking about Bozak, Frattin, Lombardi, etc.