HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schneider to Edmonton

Old
10-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Schultz would the fifth guy of the core group, yeah.

For Luongo I'd be open to Hemsky or MPS + a 1st (2013 or 2014 *but* it would be the Oilers choice) only with the pre-condition that his family (ahem wife) is OK with a harder brand of Canadian winter, lol.
Just to clarify, is that Hemsky straight up or MPS and a 1st or Hemsky or MPS and a 1st? Personally, I'd do Hemsky and a 1st for Luongo. Hemsky's injury troubles are a concern, but when healthy he's a great playmaker that brings some speed and even a little bit of grit that would be a great compliment to a line featuring Kesler and Booth.

From the Oiler's POV I would assume that Hemsky could be seen as a bit of an expendable now with Eberle and Yakupov expected to fill the top two RW positions.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGuns View Post
I think we would have to give up one of the big four, I agree that's what it should be I might be picking things we don't have yet with Schultz but I feel he will be good Anyways seeing him putting up large numbers in the AHL right now. Back on topic I would think one of our core offensive guys except RNH + for Schieder +. I just see no way in hell we would give one of them up right now unless It was a great center a very good #1 defensemen or even a elite young goalie. I just don't feel Scheider has shown me enough to be that YET, but I'd be happy to eat my words.
Out of all the big 4, who's the most likely to be traded? Yakupov was just drafted, RNH is the most talented and plays centre, and Hall has the most dominant personality/likely to be the next captain. That leaves Eberle, I guess.

I might get flak for this, but Edler and Schneider for Eberle + Klefbom + 1st conditional on Edler re-signing.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Just to clarify, is that Hemsky straight up or MPS and a 1st or Hemsky or MPS and a 1st? Personally, I'd do Hemsky and a 1st for Luongo. Hemsky's injury troubles are a concern, but when healthy he's a great playmaker that brings some speed and even a little bit of grit that would be a great compliment to a line featuring Kesler and Booth.

From the Oiler's POV I would assume that Hemsky could be seen as a bit of an expendable now with Eberle and Yakupov expected to fill the top two RW positions.
I would be open to

Hemsky or MPS (Vancouver's choice)

+

1st round pick with some conditions on it (ie: either top 5 protected or the Oilers can choose whether it's 2013 or 2014)

I can say I don't think all Oiler fans will agree with me on this.

I don't think the Oilers would finish in the bottom 7-8 of the league with Hall/RNH/Eberle/Yakupov/Schultz/Smid/Luongo, but you still probably want some protection when handing out a pick like that.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I would be open to

+

1st round pick with some conditions on it (ie: either top 5 protected or the Oilers can choose whether it's 2013 or 2014)

In that case I'd honestly strongly consider that from a Vancouver POV. It would suck giving the Oilers' a goaltender such as Luongo, but the way I see it, it's only a matter of time before they're strong competition regardless given the amount of talent they have so why not try to maximize your own chances in the short term? And personally, I think Hemsky is about the best current talent the Canucks could hope to add in a Luongo trade. He would immediately add a dimension to the Canucks' 2nd line they have been sorely missing.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

I would do Luongo for Hemsky + 2013 1st conditional on it being top 5 protected. I would prefer that to dealing Schneider, even for one of the big 4.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:00 AM
OilGuns

Quote:
I would be open to

+

I don't think the Oilers would finish in the bottom 7-8 of the league with Hall/RNH/Eberle/Yakupov/Schultz/Smid/Luongo, but you still probably want some protection when handing out a pick like that.
I think I would take that deal with me hoping that it would be a lockout pick . 1 ball

Vankiller Whale: If in some way that we did It's hard to choose just because of that Hall will likely be our next captain he brings more to the table than just being skilled and Eberle is our pure Sniper right now and a great player with that said Yakupov after watching him in the KHL looks like he has a better shot than Eberle and has Halls drive to the net and lots of his speed. I'm too of a Homer to choose, sorry.

OilGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:05 AM
StringerBell

I would do Luongo for MPS + top 5 protected 1st. It sure would make for a great twist to what could be a nice little rivalry for the next few years. Not too interested in Hemsky at that cap hit, assuming the cap drops at some point that is.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGuns View Post
I think I would take that deal with me hoping that it would be a lockout pick . 1 ball

Vankiller Whale: If in some way that we did It's hard to choose just because of that Hall will likely be our next captain he brings more to the table than just being skilled and Eberle is our pure Sniper right now and a great player with that said Yakupov after watching him in the KHL looks like he has a better shot than Eberle and has Halls drive to the net and lots of his speed. I'm too of a Homer to choose, sorry.
Well, two balls are better than one.

Yeah, that's fine. Realistically neither Schneider nor any of the big 4 are going anywhere soon.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Why would we want a Goalie on a team that "Nobody cares about"? You can keep him until Lack eventually takes his job like he did to Luongo.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
I would do Luongo for MPS + top 5 protected 1st. It sure would make for a great twist to what could be a nice little rivalry for the next few years. Not too interested in Hemsky at that cap hit, assuming the cap drops at some point that is.
Hemsky is quite frankly the only top-6 forward likely to be available for a Luongo trade. Seeing as the whole reason we need to clear cap space is for a top-6 forward, I don't see what the problem is. Plus he'd be a great fit for our 2nd line.

And if he does get injured, we stick him on the LTIR and pick up a rental at the deadline.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:27 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Hemsky is quite frankly the only top-6 forward likely to be available for a Luongo trade. Seeing as the whole reason we need to clear cap space is for a top-6 forward, I don't see what the problem is. Plus he'd be a great fit for our 2nd line.

And if he does get injured, we stick him on the LTIR and pick up a rental at the deadline.
We have 48 million committed to our top 10 players next year (assuming Luongo trade), and we would still have to re-sign Edler, so call it 53 for 11. If we acquired Hemsky it would basically put us at 58 million for 12 guys. This doesn't include any healthy scratches, a number 6 D, a backup goalie or our entire bottom 6. So like I said, if the cap goes down, I don't think we can afford Hemsky.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:14 AM
eklunds source

Quote:
Yakupov is not on the table. Just because he's the newest of the big 4 doesn't mean he holds the least value or that Edmonton would just give him away, he very easily could be better than Hall or Eberle.

He's scoring at a higher rate in the KHL at age 18 than Ovy or Malkin were in Russian pro leagues at the same age. You don't trade a no.1 pick like this without letting him even play a game for you unless he's pulling a Lindros.
I agree with the premise of your post, but basing any sort of analysis on a 10 game sample size is facepalm silly.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:33 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
To Oilguns, we are far apart, but I still have faith we can keep things civil. Also, big 5? I know the four, is Schultz the 5? Or the Oilers pick? Sorry, I've been out of Oiler affairs for awhile now.

Make an offer, I'm happy to hear it, if it doesn't work, we move on.

Lucbourdon: He is a play making winger with some speed and more then some skill. Injuries are a risk, but then again, Kesler and Booth have also missed time, and we haven't lessened their value substantially. Ideally, Hemsky would be bigger and less injury prone, but then, why would Edmonton offer him?

My untouchable list:
Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, MP, Lander, and Zharkov
J. Schultz, Petry, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Fedun, and Musil
All 1st round picks

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
My untouchable list:
Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, MP, Lander, and Zharkov
J. Schultz, Petry, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Fedun, and Musil
All 1st round picks
How do you expect to get a guy like schneider when you listed literally every good prospect as untouchable

This discussion imo is pointless, Schneider is not getting traded, especially to a up and coming potential dynasty with an elite goalie in Edmonton.

And if some miracle it happened, it would cost the oilers an arm and a leg for it 2 happen, which the oilers would NOT do.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:42 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
How do you expect to get a guy like schneider when you listed literally every good prospect as untouchable

This discussion imo is pointless, Schneider is not getting traded, especially to a up and coming potential dynasty with an elite goalie in Edmonton.

And if some miracle it happened, it would cost the oilers an arm and a leg for it 2 happen, which the oilers would NOT do.
I've never liked Schneider anyway. I've told my fellow Canuck fans that Luongo should be kept. The Oilers can always obtain Steve Mason with just a draft pick. He's on the block and I still believe in Mason to turn his career around.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
I've never liked Schneider anyway. I've told my fellow Canuck fans that Luongo should be kept. The Oilers can always obtain Steve Mason with just a draft pick. He's on the block and I still believe in Mason to turn his career around.
The same steve mason who wore the wrong size pads the entire season.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:48 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
I think you need to watch more games with schneider if you think mason is just as good of an option. Canucks future talent pool scares me except for goal tending due to schneider.

Luc is right though, schneiders not being traded anyway at this point.

Orca Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:51 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I think you need to watch more games with schneider if you think mason is just as good of an option.

Living in Vancouver but not a fan of the Canucks. I've seen enough of Schneider. You fans have literally ran Luongo out of town already its gonna come back and bite you guys. Book it.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Living in Vancouver but not a fan of the Canucks. I've seen enough of Schneider. You fans have literally ran Luongo out of town already its gonna come back and bite you guys. Book it.
Well i am glad you have it figured out for us. By the way, how is mason as good of an option as schneider?

Old
10-27-2012, 03:54 AM
oilwings

Quote:
I think you need to watch more games with schneider if you think mason is just as good of an option. Canucks future talent pool scares me except for goal tending due to schneider.

A lot cheaper acquire. I'm ready to give the guy a 2nd chance. I was all over to get Lehtonen out of Atlanta yrs ago and now Dallas has themselves a gem of a tender.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:57 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Cory schneider is not only a big goalie who covers the net, The reason so many people in the hockey world think he is going to be the next big thing for USA is because his ridiculous reaction time saves he makes, His quickness is nuts.

A perfect video showing this off is right here.

here he is again in the playoffs, where he against shows fantastic reaction time, and positioning.

if you want outside fan opinion, Ask NJD or Tampa or boston fans how good cory is, He literally put on absolute clinics against them.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:01 AM
oilwings

Who cares. Never liked Schneider to begin with. Never like Roy back when he was playing. I could care less if Roy was 1 of the best during his days. My point is if I don't like a certain player nothing will change my opinion. Never said Schneider sucks I just don't like the guy.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Who cares. Never liked Schneider to begin with. Never like Roy back when he was playing. I could care less if Roy was 1 of the best during his days. My point is if I don't like a certain player nothing will change my mind. Never said Schneider sucks I just don't like the guy.
Ok in all honesty and im not being sarcastic, I did think you were trying to say he sucks, if you just dont like him thats fine.

Anyway apologies for getting this thread off topic.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:04 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Ok in all honesty and im not being sarcastic, I did think you were trying to say he sucks, if you just dont like him thats fine.

Anyway apologies for getting this thread off topic.
No worries. Schneider is good goalie. IMO, not elite or great.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:09 AM
JuniorNelson

I'd like to get Paajarvi for Schnieder. This leaves the Oiler's top six intact and adds youth to Vancouver.

JuniorNelson is online now   Reply With Quote