*OFFICIAL* Barrie Colts 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
And yes it will be a higher cost if the player stays in the conference.
That's only in the Western Conference. In the East, the Colts gave up the reigning player of the week for what? An eighth rounder? Seriously though, I don't think that's always a big deal. Colts usually play Owen Sound more than Ottawa or Kingston.

Old
10-17-2012, 10:12 PM
NHL Fanatic

Yes as Racer said I'm referring to the actual first round draft choice not the player selected. Teams cannot trade future first round picks. And during the Jan. 3 trade window teams can only trade the first round pick selected in that year (i.e only Perlini from last year's draft may be traded, not Garcia)

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 10-17-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old
10-17-2012, 11:00 PM
coltsfan3035

Seeing Alex Yuill, a kid who played extremely well last year as a rookie, being put as a 7-8 dman, is a mockery. Maybe he has started off slow but to put Webster in front of him is a travesty. Healthy scratching him is not a smart move, to be sitting him and Perlini is not ok in my books. Maybe Perini needs seasoning, but healthy scratching him is not helping his on ice play. Nothing against fourth liners as every team needs them to win, but is Perlini going to score 10 goals or 5 goals playing 7 minutes a night? I think not.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:22 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan3035 View Post
Seeing Alex Yuill, a kid who played extremely well last year as a rookie, being put as a 7-8 dman, is a mockery. Maybe he has started off slow but to put Webster in front of him is a travesty. Healthy scratching him is not a smart move, to be sitting him and Perlini is not ok in my books. Maybe Perini needs seasoning, but healthy scratching him is not helping his on ice play. Nothing against fourth liners as every team needs them to win, but is Perlini going to score 10 goals or 5 goals playing 7 minutes a night? I think not.
You're not joking. Some serious favouritism going on there. Imagine how well this team would be playing if they had kept CB20 and were playing Yuill with more minutes... They have to be serious upgrades over 5 through 7 on D right now...

Old
10-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Pony

Couldn't agree more coltsfan3035. Something must be going on for Webster to be playing ahead of Yuill. Is this another Ezekiel addition to the team. Nothing personal against Webster but he shouldn't be on this team. Further more, do you think Yuill is going to sit back, be scratched every other game while Webster plays? The Colts are going to alienate Yuill and it's only a matter of time before he wants out. So essentially, the Colts are choosing an 11th rounder with limited skill and upside over a first-round pick. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't kid yourself, the players see this too.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Couldn't agree more coltsfan3035. Something must be going on for Webster to be playing ahead of Yuill. Is this another Ezekiel addition to the team. Nothing personal against Webster but he shouldn't be on this team. Further more, do you think Yuill is going to sit back, be scratched every other game while Webster plays? The Colts are going to alienate Yuill and it's only a matter of time before he wants out. So essentially, the Colts are choosing an 11th rounder with limited skill and upside over a first-round pick. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't kid yourself, the players see this too.
Good morning Sherlock. Smoskowitz out, Fawcett in. The Steelheads thank you.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
Scheifele was amazing and so was Hall and even Fawcett got a goal. The powerplay is on fire but the Penalty kill still needs work. Good game overall and that's 8 wins in a row now.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:12 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
From the part of the game I caught tonight, I thought Webster looked fine...although, his upside looks to be 6/7 D. I don't know why he'd be playing ahead of Yuill, though.

Old
10-21-2012, 06:45 AM
DEVSTER

Saw the GM/headcoach of the Ottawa 67's in last nights game. He was standing a few rows above me actually. I don't know if he is planning to deal some of their top players or not. Just wanted to put that out there.

Last edited by DEVSTER: 10-21-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old
10-25-2012, 08:12 PM
LeafsColts13

I don't understand why Fawcett is on the first power play over AA and MacDonald. Looks like Fawcett is Ezikiel 2.0.

Last edited by LeafsColts13: 10-25-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old
10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Johnsb

It's starting to get crazy!!

Old
10-26-2012, 08:49 AM
seenitall

if you checked the coach for the gthl titans at bantam, and checked his roster, all your questions will be answered

Old
10-26-2012, 08:52 AM
bigdogsnipedaddy

Any update on Yuill?. Many teams still require puck moving Dmen and perhaps that is the plan. Hard to believe he isnt getting more minutes. Totally agree with comments above.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:00 AM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogsnipedaddy View Post
Any update on Yuill?. Many teams still require puck moving Dmen and perhaps that is the plan. Hard to believe he isnt getting more minutes. Totally agree with comments above.
He has played more the last few games and seems to be getting out of the slump he was in.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:04 AM
tourlord*

Man I still can't believe London gave up AA. I mean, they must deep.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:42 PM
LeafsColts13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
There was issues with the Hunters from what I hear and he wasn't happy with the ice time he was getting in London.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:58 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
There was issues with the Hunters from what I hear and he wasn't happy with the ice time he was getting in London.
Well, not getting much ice or poor ice and then being scratched is not a way to forge a relationship with your player. The Hunters play hard ball and one's only lucky to be able to get out...worked out for him very well. And for London they're quite deep so parlaying that into a healthy return works out for them as well. Hunters know how to manage, period.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:40 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Well, not getting much ice or poor ice and then being scratched is not a way to forge a relationship with your player. The Hunters play hard ball and one's only lucky to be able to get out...worked out for him very well. And for London they're quite deep so parlaying that into a healthy return works out for them as well. Hunters know how to manage, period.
Ah, I see. Well said

Old
10-27-2012, 09:04 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
AA gave up on London well before London gave up on him. Good move for all parties involved.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:53 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Athanasiou = Clown

Andreas asked to be moved closer to home just before the memorial cup.

Aswell, somehow this guy managed to piss off every guy on the 20 man roster. I've never seen it before but EVERYBODY absolutely Hated this guy.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Percyma

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Athanasiou = Clown

Andreas asked to be moved closer to home just before the memorial cup.

Aswell, somehow this guy managed to piss off every guy on the 20 man roster. I've never seen it before but EVERYBODY absolutely Hated this guy.

The stories coming out of London about how Andreas Athanasiou was such a hated player and person are very interesting to say the least. As a Knights insider, perhaps you could enlighten us around the league about an instance or two that contributed to how EVERYONE absolutely hated this guy.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Pony

Zach Hall has 22 points and Andreas Athanasiou has 16 points. Fawcett plays with those two OHL studs and has one single point. Yes, one single point playing with two of the top offensive players in the OHL. Nothing against the kid, but he can't even keep up with these guys. Watch him, he's always behind moving forward and always struggling to get back. We're talking about a 19 year old and not some 16 year old. At least Ezekiel could drop the gloves and lay some big hits. How MacDonald is not on that line I don't know. If Prohorkin comes does that mean Dale will move him or Athanasiou down to the third line. I no way should Fawcett be on this team. I feel sorry for Seraphim.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
LeafsColts13

Going to the game in Sudbury tonight hoping for a win. Also just heard a rumour retested by Steven Sweet with the examiner that Brendan Lemieux may be coming to Barrie.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:39 PM
herbst20

I am hearing the same news in the States about Lemieux. A well respected WCHA writer tweeted this earlier today.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
I am hearing the same news in the States about Lemieux. A well respected WCHA writer tweeted this earlier today.
A little early (thought it might happen after Christmas) but not surprised if true.....careful what you wish for Colts fans!

Closed Thread