HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
what do you think of Daniel Mannella, Austin Kosack and Matt Buckles in the OJHL?

Old
10-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Rangersfan21

Top Goalies In League

As discussed earlier in the year things are starting to clear up now:

my top 5 in no order: zawadski(on a great team but still solid), guerriero, martin(started slow been great lately), lane(inconsistent), millen and honourable mention to jenkins as a good up and coming goalie ( lacks rebound control at times)

Old
10-27-2012, 08:36 AM
RTR

Watched CP Kanata game. Some surprises. CP still has some issues.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:58 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Can you expand on your review (I'm out of town and couldn't make it to the game). Shots were 35-18 for CP. Did they really outplay Kanata that badly? How did Kujava look? Clarkie can't be too happy right now.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Off the Boards

[/QUOTE] What will happen sunday against Gloucester Rangers? Also for entertainment a minor aa team will play a mini scrimmage..priceless.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for constructive input much appreciated.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Can you expand on your review (I'm out of town and couldn't make it to the game). Shots were 35-18 for CP. Did they really outplay Kanata that badly? How did Kujava look? Clarkie can't be too happy right now.
I have seen 3 games in which Kujava played and to be honest have not been impressed with him, he is very small. He does not seem to let weak goals in but he never seems to make a big save either. Goalies need to be able to make a couple big saves a game.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Off the Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
As discussed earlier in the year things are starting to clear up now:

my top 5 in no order: zawadski(on a great team but still solid), guerriero, martin(started slow been great lately), lane(inconsistent), millen and honourable mention to jenkins as a good up and coming goalie ( lacks rebound control at times)
IMO they are 1-Zawadski (Nep) 865 min. , .930 sv % (the leagues best clear cut)
2-Martin (SMF) 823 min , .930, 3 SO (has played excellent as of late)
3-Lane (Kan) 984 min, .901 sv % (when focused plays very good)
4-Munroe (PLK) 619 min, .910 sv %
5-Guerriero (Hawk) 805 min, .900 sv %

HM - Smith(PLK), Millen(OJS)

Old
10-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post

When you roll four lines this will happen. Saw it in Nepean earlier this week. Hedges and company had four shifts in before what I believe are the top CP top players hit the ice the second time. The players whom worry me on CP don't play the PK and get maybe ten minutes per night.

I've said it before - but the top coaches like PG, SK, and IM - don't roll four lines all game long with the exception of special teams. Easy to match up and over match and thus easy to get a win.

Just a differnt philosophy. Its been debated on here plenty of times prior.

GO Raiders GO!

Old
10-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post
IMO they are 1-Zawadski (Nep) 865 min. , .930 sv % (the leagues best clear cut)
2-Martin (SMF) 823 min , .930, 3 SO (has played excellent as of late)
3-Lane (Kan) 984 min, .901 sv % (when focused plays very good)
4-Munroe (PLK) 619 min, .910 sv %
5-Guerriero (Hawk) 805 min, .900 sv %

HM - Smith(PLK), Millen(OJS)
Agree - but given the club Guerriero plays for, how they rely upon him, and the fact he makes some big saves and not just the routine - he is in my top three if not top two.

Most certainly you have the top five there for sure. I like Lane but for all his great play he is prone to a weak one to regulary for me.

Last edited by Grabbers: 10-27-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: missing word
Old
10-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Off the Boards

Quote:
Goalies need to be able to make a couple big saves a game.
Agreed wholeheartedly

Old
10-27-2012, 11:39 AM
dirk

Jack Nevins

Apparently Jack Nevins is returning back from London Knights...does Kemptville still own his CCHL rights?

Old
10-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Off the Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
Agree - but given the club Guerriero plays for, how they rely upon him, and the fact he makes some big saves and not just the routine - he is in my top three if not top two.

Most certainly you have the top five there for sure. I like Lane but for all his great play he is prone to a weak one to regulary for me.
Yeah I see your point about the Hawks relying on Gueriero and Lane does let the soft one in. They are interchangeable but Zawadski is #1 and Martin is my #2, Carmine Guerriero (spanish I believe for warrior) #3

Old
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
When you roll four lines this will happen. Saw it in Nepean earlier this week. Hedges and company had four shifts in before what I believe are the top CP top players hit the ice the second time. The players whom worry me on CP don't play the PK and get maybe ten minutes per night.

I've said it before - but the top coaches like PG, SK, and IM - don't roll four lines all game long with the exception of special teams. Easy to match up and over match and thus easy to get a win.

Just a differnt philosophy. Its been debated on here plenty of times prior.

GO Raiders GO!
I actually disagree with this. Nepean plays their 3rd and 4th lines more than other teams, IMO.

The problem in the NEP-CP game was that the D that CP relied on were terrible. Weidauer does not look as good as he did last year, and that new player, Smith, did not impress me. He had trouble keeping up with Nepean's forwards and their speed.

Plus their goaltender, Kujava, looked weak.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:44 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Apparently Jack Nevins is returning back from London Knights...does Kemptville still own his CCHL rights?
He won't make a big difference in this league. He turned himself into an enforcer to make the OHL and he doesn't have a lot of skill.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Off the Boards

Question .... when a player is traded from one team to another (his rights) who is playing jr. B does his new team send him to their affiliated jr. B team (if they have one) ???

Case in point Connor Primeau (F) formerly of the Colts(Char-Lan Rebels EOJHL) who's rights belong to Smith Falls (trade for Ouellette)but has not reported yet. (not a great exmple) but looking for info.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:32 PM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post
Question .... when a player is traded from one team to another (his rights) who is playing jr. B does his new team send him to their affiliated jr. B team (if they have one) ???

Case in point Connor Primeau (F) formerly of the Colts(Char-Lan Rebels EOJHL) who's rights belong to Smith Falls (trade for Ouellette)but has not reported yet. (not a great exmple) but looking for info.
No. they are separate leagues. The Jr B teams would have to swing a deal too.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:53 PM
CJHL FAN

Great to see Jesse Winchester from the Senators out helping coach the Colts. Great for the kids to experience his work ethics in practices also good for Jesse to give back to his community. Lets hope some more out of work NHL player get involved with other teams.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:09 PM
hockjr

Is he full time coaching?

Last edited by hockjr: 10-27-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
He won't make a big difference in this league. He turned himself into an enforcer to make the OHL and he doesn't have a lot of skill.
Seen him in the summer, more skill than people think, he would be an overpowering physical player if in CCHL. Defense in league would not want to go into the corners with him. He would certainly clear some space for Byron.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:48 PM
dirk

Totally agree...I have seen this player add skill to his tool kit...he is strong on his feet, battles hard and will stick up for a teammate...he would be great any CCHL team...

Old
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
gusfring

We shall see, I guess.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
No. they are separate leagues. The Jr B teams would have to swing a deal too.
No JrA team can be affiliated with a JrB club,it's in the CJHL league rules, but JrA clubs can Ap JrB players as long as they are on the JrA teams 30 man roster. CJHL doesn't allow farm teams in other words. Two complete separate leagues, but Jr A teams do have there favorite Jr B teams the each send players down to if they can. ( the players JrB rights might be owned by different JrB team, other than the JrB team the JrA team likes to deal with )
Short of it is no JrB farm teams for JrA teams by league rules.

Old
10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
CoasttoCoast

No Hedges, Norris or Johnston..........no problem. 8-1 Nepean over Kanata. No Peter Goulet behind bench, whatever coach Cowie said to them, worked. It was 7-0 at the midway mark of the game. Nepean got a lot of bounces in this one, chased Lane after 20 minutes, he did'nt look great. Kanata kicked in the 6th goal in their own net. Milito and Debrincat played forward. Kanata turned the red light on four times, but had 2 disallowed and one never went in, trigger happy goal judge. Plouffe worked hard for Kanata but not much chemistry. Lorica was everywhere for Nepean. Kanata ran Nepean's goalie, Mulder, fight insued, a bit of a circus for a while after that. Mulder was good for nepean. The 2nd, 3rd & 4th liners enjoyed the extra time on the ice with the big guns gone. I'm predicting a Honourable mention tomorrow, maybe higher, in CJHL national rankings , for Nepean.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
No Hedges, Norris or Johnston..........no problem. 8-1 Nepean over Kanata. No Peter Goulet behind bench, whatever coach Cowie said to them, worked. It was 7-0 at the midway mark of the game. Nepean got a lot of bounces in this one, chased Lane after 20 minutes, he did'nt look great. Kanata kicked in the 6th goal in their own net. Milito and Debrincat played forward. Kanata turned the red light on four times, but had 2 disallowed and one never went in, trigger happy goal judge. Plouffe worked hard for Kanata but not much chemistry. Lorica was everywhere for Nepean. Kanata ran Nepean's goalie, Mulder, fight insued, a bit of a circus for a while after that. Mulder was good for nepean. The 2nd, 3rd & 4th liners enjoyed the extra time on the ice with the big guns gone. I'm predicting a Honourable mention tomorrow, maybe higher, in CJHL national rankings , for Nepean.
From the couple games I have seen Nepean play, Cowie does not seem to say a word the entire game..? Maybe he did today, but it looks like the other assistant coach is the more vocal one.

I do agree they should at least get an HM.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
From the couple games I have seen Nepean play, Cowie does not seem to say a word the entire game..? Maybe he did today, but it looks like the other assistant coach is the more vocal one.

I do agree they should at least get an HM.
I have no idea who was coaching, just used Cowie name because I remebered it, not sure who was in charge but he's 1 & 0 as a head coach.

Closed Thread