HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
The Giants can close this out in 4.
Whoa whoa. Easy there. I'll balance this jinx out by saying Tigers in 4.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:02 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It Stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
This seems appropriate:

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
10-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

Quote:
The Giants can close this out in 4.
And now it' gonna be Tigers in 6.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:15 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

I don't think the tigers are as bad as they look. I'm saying they win 2 out of 3 in Detroit and then the giants win game 6 in SF.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
I said can not will. I think it will go 5.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanceOfMaternity View Post
I don't think the tigers are as bad as they look. I'm saying they win 2 out of 3 in Detroit and then the giants win game 6 in SF.
This is my prediction as well. Giants win it on Halloween night. I even requested the following day off of work anticipating it. Plan on going HAM.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:26 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
This is my prediction as well. Giants win it on Halloween night. I even requested the following day off of work anticipating it. Plan on going HAM.
I think what would be cool is to have Madbum pitch Game 6 if it goes that far. Halloween Night, same as it was 2 years ago, and he showed he fixed something because he was on tonight.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
I think what would be cool is to have Madbum pitch Game 6 if it goes that far. Halloween Night, same as it was 2 years ago, and he showed he fixed something because he was on tonight.
I'm in!

And this night gets even better with new 'League'!

Old
10-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Awesome game can't wait for the weekend for more.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I sure ****ing hope so. I'll be gone on November 1st, they need to win before that.

I'm thinking Volgy and Zito lose, Madbum/Timmy combo win at home Game 6. Although it'l l be super hard against Fister again.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Franchise13

Man what a game... Got to the park right as the festivities were starting so I didn't get a chance to walk around and take the ambiance in today, but friend said the Fox Booth guys were definitely trying to win over the crowd by LF/CF lol... AJ was leading the appeasement charge. Not sure how that would actually work... but good for him.

Here's some more random musings you guys may or may not care about again in slightly fragmented tldr form!

The Giants just execute, so fundamentally sound in every aspect of the game and it shows.

The two things that stand out the most, defense and baserunning. Hate to harp on it but it's true. I read an article this AM about how seemingly every Tiger ball is hit right at a Giant, while Giants always found holes and they called it lucky or breaks for the Giants. I think it's a little luck, but more so that the Giants have so much range all around the diamond that it just seems that way. Pence's single today gets caught if it's David Wright, Frazier or maybe even Pablo instead of Cabby. They keep themselves in the game long enough to get those lucky breaks, and that's a credit to the Giants.

The Fielder play was right in front of us (we sit 3rd base line) and first of all I was shocked they sent him at all. Secondly, he took the absolute worst route to the plate imaginable. If he slides outside the lines, he probably gets under the tag. It's dumbfounding because it's such a simple play, taught in little league, and a MLB player slid the wrong way. Giants don't make those mistakes very often if at all, Tigers evidently do, and it shows in the series score. To highlight the gap in fundamentals, Scutaro was in the right spot at the right time and was able to field the missed cutoff throw and relay to Posey. Clutch.

CloweMe correctly said that Leyland was pretty clean managing the ALDS, but he made some gaffes today. Subtle on the surface, but mistakes nonetheless:

He used a defensive replacement for Delmon Young, Don Kelly, without using the double switch. Kelly never got to bat and they never got to move the pitcher spot to last in due up list. Pitcher spot eventually came up and he had to burn Kelly and use Dirks on the double switch. If Detroit had tied it, they'd have burned a perfectly good OF for nothing. Should've just taken Fister out at 98 pitches at the start of that inning.

Not pinching hitting Avilla for Laird was pretty shocking too tbh. I know that Laird usually catches Fister, but once he was out of the game Avilla should've come in.

MadBum, despite the result still didn't look like MadBum, but I'll take it. Detroit's non Cabby/Fielder hitters did him favors all night.

Trout should be the MVP, but man, Cabby is scary. You can feel the crowd get tense with every ball he hits... and the ball comes off his bat loud. Prince Fielder's range at first is terrible, his base running is awful and Detroit needs to look into him DH'ng next year. Deal VMart if you have to, DH Prince, and put Cabby back on first. Pablo may be fat as well, but I agree with KM here, Pablo is athletic and moves well enough despite it. Prince is not.

On a more serious note, how are the Tigers allowing Fister to board that plane tonight without a CT scan? Supposedly he passed the concussion tests in the dugout but you can't see hematomas with questions.

Friends from UM sat with us tonight, said that Tigers are releasing seats for Saturday tomorrow, not sure that helps anyone here but I figured I throw that out there. He was also ready to cry in the fetal position after every inning too... I enjoyed every minute of it.

For those interested in this sort of thing: Mario Winans due to sing Anthem in G3, Aretha Franklin in Game 5. Nothing set for Game 4, I figure they might move up Aretha just in case it might only go four?

Slight pet peeve: Fox, why use the same glee singer you used in the Cards series for the Anthem? With the military theme there must've someone in uniform more fitting. Couldn't resist the free plug I suppose.

The triple amputee's first pitch was impressive. Dude threw a dart for a strike. Props to him.

Ugh, attending an event in NYC Sat so I'll probably miss at least half the game. Hopefully the wifi is good so I can have my ipad under the table, lol. Might miss some of Sunday's too if our flight is even slightly delayed. Why couldn't the Yanks make the damn series?!

Go Giants!

Last edited by Franchise13: 10-26-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 09:22 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Well a ground ball hitting off a bag and a bunt that cradles the line and stays fair is pretty remarkable in back to back games. Thats not why they are winning. They can manufacture runs and play great defense and have more depth. Detroit relies on their starting pitching to carry them deep into games and Fielder and Cabrera to deliver. The Giants can close this out in 4.
Let's not get to far ahead of ourselves there with Giants in 4!

Even I'm a little worried with the home town of Detroit.

However I do like our chances to close it out in 4 with Vogelsong and Cain but I like how the media now says Detroit has their Ace Sanchez and he's good.... hmmm didn't they say that about Verlander and Fister?

If they take Game 3 then yes I can see a close out in 4 but if not Giants in 6 back home. however I would love for this thing to be done in 4!

Last edited by HOOCH2173: 10-26-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old
10-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

One game at a time. We've seen the giants win 3 straight to come back and we've seen them lose a WS when they were 7 outs away. One game at a time.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Franchise13

6 outs*

...and ugh Dusty and FROD... Why?!?!?

Everyone in Anaheim knew where that pitch to Spezio was going, ugh.

Thanks for the bad memories! 2010 still hasn't covered that wound...

With that said, nothing said or done by fans or spectators actually affect anything. I applaud GP's confidence. I almost predicted G's in 5 out loud prior to series, but held back, kicking myself for not.

PS. World Series smoked NFL in ratings last night 8.6 to 3.9. Though it was a colossal mismatch, network vs. cable w/ a sort of undesirable matchup. The 8.6 was right on line for the the start of G1 too, the ratings drop off came after Giants went up 6-0 in G1. The headlines about WS G1 ratings were a bit misleading.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:44 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
6 outs*

With that said, nothing said or done by fans or spectators actually affect anything. I applaud GP's confidence. I almost predicted G's in 5 out loud prior to series, but held back, kicking myself for not.

PS. World Series smoked NFL in ratings last night 8.6 to 3.9. Though it was a colossal mismatch, network vs. cable w/ a sort of undesirable matchup. The 8.6 was right on line for the the start of G1 too, the ratings drop off came after Giants went up 6-0 in G1. The headlines about WS G1 ratings were a bit misleading.
Does the Thursday night NFL network game ever get good ratings? I don't think I even know anyone with NFL network.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:45 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Does the Thursday night NFL network game ever get good ratings? I don't think I even know anyone with NFL network.
yo right here except I only have NFL Red Zone and the bonus NFL Network for bonus games on Thursday night (i.e. when the 49Ners played I watched).

The 2 channels are free on my time warner cable.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
6 outs*

Yeah this one stings too since I was living in So Cal during that and had to deal with my co-workers at the time who were Angel Fans. It was horrible. My other point is that the PED man himself Bogus Bonds could not run 25 feet to catch that Ball! Mind numbing indeed!

Here's a dream.

Giants close out Sunday in 4 and Niners win against AZ on Monday night.

Icing on the cake cause I mean really what the heck is hockey anyway?

Old
10-26-2012, 12:41 PM
SactoShork
SYMSL

vCash: 3000
Hopefully the heavily favored Giants can get lucky and win again.

(wut?)

Old
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Franchise13

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...st-immortality

Excellent article IMO.

Old
10-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Franchise13

...at least ESPN mentioned hockey? Even if indirectly!

Old
10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Kitten Mittons

The link says it's the Canadian ESPN, so it doesn't really count?

Old
10-27-2012, 03:08 AM
Franchise13

Zooey Deschanel bumps Winans Game 3 for Anthem, another Fox Plug..!

Game 4 goes to Demi Lovato, wonder why? Rofl

KM- To be fair, I did say indirectly!

Old
10-27-2012, 03:28 AM
Oppa
#

Isn't Seto supposed to be a Minny Twins superfan by now?

Old
10-27-2012, 04:14 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Omg zoey is singing for us woooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old
10-27-2012, 11:47 AM
68 Z-28

Quote:
Zooey Deschanel bumps Winans Game 3 for Anthem, another Fox Plug..!

Game 4 goes to Demi Lovato, wonder why? Rofl

KM- To be fair, I did say indirectly!
Not sure that it is a surprise that fox is having people from FOX shows sing the anthem.

Closed Thread