HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 01:55 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
It was more of a friendly jab to anyone on here from Saskatchewan, suppose I should have put a smiley beside it since some people on the net take great offense to the simplest comments. Wedding is in Moose Jaw, not looking forward to the long car drive but its a buddy of mine from high school's wedding, so its more of a reunion so at least the wedding should be a bit more fun than the usual (for me anyway).
oh its all good Shakey.....the post looked like you were just having fun. Safe travels and make the best of it my friend!

Old
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Ya my bro is 4GP 1G 3A and 21 pim
5'10 160 lbs in Junior with 21pim in 4 games hahaha

He was always spunky and small but this is still hilarious to me...

People used to say to him when he was young: why aren't you afraid of bigger guys. He'd just reply: they are smaller than my big bros who fight me all the time
(At that time he was 14 and had me 6'2 190 and my bro who is a bit of a grinder-meets-goalscorer 6'2 205)
Hahaha pretty much the same over here, but he just had one big brother to deal with. He's about the same height as your little brother but maybe has a few pounds on him.

Having a 6'4 220lb brother was a good thing maybe?

10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Sounds like you are hard to please. This happens often with concerts in Canada; rotating cities they play in every few years. Look at it a fun roadtrip or something. Start turning the negative into a positive. Turn that frown upside down!
Trying to get people to commit to something in March and tickets going on sale tomorrow morning won't happen. Had they announced their NA tour sooner then maybe I'd be able to get something together if I had more time, but I don't.

Metallica comes here every time they're on tour now. They were one of the few that played at the old barn. I live in an NHL city, I shouldn't have to leave the province/country to go and see a band I like just because I didn't know they existed until after they had come here last year. ACDC did a stop in nearly every province when they came here. They actually had a CANADIAN tour and not just a North American tour.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Trying to get people to commit to something in March and tickets going on sale tomorrow morning won't happen. Had they announced their NA tour sooner then maybe I'd be able to get something together if I had more time, but I don't.

Metallica comes here every time they're on tour now. They were one of the few that played at the old barn. I live in an NHL city, I shouldn't have to leave the province/country to go and see a band I like just because I didn't know they existed until after they had come here last year. ACDC did a stop in nearly every province when they came here. They actually had a CANADIAN tour and not just a North American tour.
Not sure where you are going with this line of thought.

Is it your contention that every single artist must make a stop in Winnipeg on every tour?

Old
10-26-2012, 04:47 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Wicked, cya there.

Great shows this fall in Winnipeg - Obituary and Agnostic Front shows just happened.

November is Napalm Death, and then GWAR!

Plus Monster Truck from Hamilton, like a Black Sabbath-Soundgarden hybrid. super good.

and then Comeback Kid, who have one of the best live shows out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Could bundle the concert into a nice little mini vacation.

I'm a metalhead, and there are quite a few bands that come here a hell of a lot. Hoping there are still tickets to this bad boy:

Napalm Death
Municipal Waste, Exhumed, Dayglo Abortions, Head Hits Concrete, Sabbatory

November 5th.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

There's an incredibly large list of reasons and variables that causes tours to work the way they do, and many of them are outside of size and quality of fan-base.

Just to name a few:
*most actively touring bands throw between 50-100 shows a year and maybe tour 2 out of 3 years... that's not many cities in the grand scheme of the world... heck there are over 350 cities with 1 million+ inhabitants and 30 American municipalities with larger population than 500,000
*tours may be done in partnership with particular companies which are then connected to particular arenas... I remember one year Tool only did very few stops in Canada and two of them were Kamloops and Victoria (which the two of them are connected/related) but not Vancouver or TO for this very reason
*they may be willing to go to your area but the venue is not available on the particular day that they would be able to
*tours are rarely constructed by the musicians (and even if such are usually only by concept) but by band managers or touring managers, and this is usually someone who works for the label; you'll find that a lot of tour locations will match to where particularly good album sales for that band are
*related to the last one, music is a business and there are logistics such as overhead costs with stage, crew, travel, lodge, equipment, etc and if any of these can be negated for a tour it creates huge stress relief and awesome monetary compensation (part why Euro festival tours are so popular: minimal crew and no stage or equipment needed)

Old
10-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

So my beer league season has started with a curious trend for me. I consider myself to be a defensive defenseman. Evidence: zero goals scored last year, one the year before. So far this year? 4 GP, 2G 3A 5Pts and leading the division amongst defencemen. It's fun but I certainly do not expect it to continue.

I have been less intense this year and have been more focused on having fun than winning, and subsequently been up the ice quite a bit more. My game is much better because I am not worrying about making mistakes. Maybe a renaissance?

Met Zach Bogosian today. Just an absolute beauty.

10-27-2012, 01:59 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
So my beer league season has started with a curious trend for me. I consider myself to be a defensive defenseman. Evidence: zero goals scored last year, one the year before. So far this year? 4 GP, 2G 3A 5Pts and leading the division amongst defencemen. It's fun but I certainly do not expect it to continue.

I have been less intense this year and have been more focused on having fun than winning, and subsequently been up the ice quite a bit more. My game is much better because I am not worrying about making mistakes. Maybe a renaissance?

Met Zach Bogosian today. Just an absolute beauty.
Did you hi-five him?

Old
10-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Jet
Stand by your man

Also got Windows 8 today. You can upgrade from XP, Vista, or 7 for $69 which is what really interested me... super affordable.

Decided to do it on Microsoft.ca, and if you don't mind waiting 5 hours for it to download, its only $39 bucks without backup DVD's.

So far I have to admit I am very impressed. Lots to learn though coming from Vista.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Hammer Slammer

We got a new kitten. Our cat doesn't seem to appreciate it.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:05 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
We got a new kitten. Our cat doesn't seem to appreciate it.
Yay kitties! I have 2 myself. When my eldest came to live with me, my youngest was not pleased. She spent 3 whole days behind the couch, growling and hissing.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:24 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Pavlovian Response

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Yay kitties! I have 2 myself. When my eldest came to live with me, my youngest was not pleased. She spent 3 whole days behind the couch, growling and hissing.
Cats are very interesting - they're very unlike dogs, and are mostly solitary animals. It's actually easier (for the most part) to introduce a cat and a dog, than two new cats to each other.

We decided to get another cat after our other one passed away earlier this year - went for an older black cat, that had been in the shelter for WAY too long. The introduction was, interesting, to say the least. The cat that was already in the house was somewhat OK with it, but the new cat was not so sure of the 20lb monster already inhabiting the house. Still bouts of hissing now and then, but they're now doing surprisingly well.

I miss having dogs, but cats are cool. Being a former dog person, I had no idea that they could have so much personality, and if you've got cats that like people, they're awesome to have around.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Yeah the older one is in that phase. He's 5 next month and he's had the place to himself for 3 of those years.

Here's the little kitty being a bro.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Diatidialga

Huge Earthquake by B.C, Tsunami Warning

Anyone around there should move inland

Old
10-28-2012, 12:09 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Huge Earthquake by B.C, Tsunami Warning

Anyone around there should move inland
7.7 ya but it's mostly the small fisher/villages north near Queen Charlotte Islands any tsunami would have an affect

Old
10-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Diatidialga

Quote:
7.7 ya but it's mostly the small fisher/villages north near Queen Charlotte Islands any tsunami would have an affect
Could cause the big Earthquake

Old
10-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Klaus
Teemu!

Quote:
Yeah the older one is in that phase. He's 5 next month and he's had the place to himself for 3 of those years.

Adorable. I miss having cats.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:53 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

I got two... wife keeps wanting a third...
I'm fully convinced that I'm a dog guy who has adopted my own as an exception haha... we all know that probably isn't true

Old
10-28-2012, 01:26 AM
DespoticNewt

Cat pic time! This is my youngest. She's extremely flighty and prone to fits of running around and purring, but hates sudden noises, new people, people knocking on the door, bare flesh, being held, being held on her back, and getting her claws clipped. When she was a kitten, she used to sleep on my PS2 slim when I was playing a game because it was warm.

This is my eldest. She's at that stage in life (almost 16) where she doesn't give two ****s about anything but eating and sleeping.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:53 AM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

So Black Label Society came to town. Their "other" guitarist - Nick Catanese - is a huge Penguins fan. He's posted pictures of tours of the building, and exclusive interviews with Sid, etc.. So I tweeted:

Quote:
@eviltwinbls I'm gonna rock it out front row in front of you in Winnipeg with a "Crosby sucks" shirt. #gojetsgo
he responded

Quote:
Nick Catanese ‏@EvilTwinBLS

@allan5oh well I told Sid that , here's what he said so ..... Have fun pic.twitter.com/DmZZMUc2
So I wore a jets shirt to the concert. At the end he ran out of picks to give out and I yelled at him and pointed at my shirt. He instantly picked up who I was. He didn't have any more picks, so he gave me his water bottle instead.

Now I tweeted back to him:

Quote:
@EvilTwinBLS If I drink this water, will I play like Keef?
Zakk always introduces him as Keef (as in Keith Richards)

We'll see where this goes, he seems like a cool guy. I met him before at a meet and greet and he was by far the most friendly guy there.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:58 AM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

Speaking of cats I should post pics of mine. He's a male tri-color (tortoiseshell) which is extremely rare. About one in a million. Thing is my GF has actually owned two in her life. She may be the only person on the planet that has.

A cat needs to have two X chromosones to have a tri-color coat, but he has male parts so he has a Y chromosone. That means he's either a half girl half boy XXY or a "chimera" XYXY which is two male fetuses fused together.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:01 AM
DespoticNewt

That's pretty awesome, allan.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:56 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

Quote:
There's an incredibly large list of reasons and variables that causes tours to work the way they do, and many of them are outside of size and quality of fan-base.

Just to name a few:
*most actively touring bands throw between 50-100 shows a year and maybe tour 2 out of 3 years... that's not many cities in the grand scheme of the world... heck there are over 350 cities with 1 million+ inhabitants and 30 American municipalities with larger population than 500,000
*tours may be done in partnership with particular companies which are then connected to particular arenas... I remember one year Tool only did very few stops in Canada and two of them were Kamloops and Victoria (which the two of them are connected/related) but not Vancouver or TO for this very reason
*they may be willing to go to your area but the venue is not available on the particular day that they would be able to
*tours are rarely constructed by the musicians (and even if such are usually only by concept) but by band managers or touring managers, and this is usually someone who works for the label; you'll find that a lot of tour locations will match to where particularly good album sales for that band are
*related to the last one, music is a business and there are logistics such as overhead costs with stage, crew, travel, lodge, equipment, etc and if any of these can be negated for a tour it creates huge stress relief and awesome monetary compensation (part why Euro festival tours are so popular: minimal crew and no stage or equipment needed)
I know wtf it entails thanks. I'm not a moron and am probably older then you. I was just ranting and ticked off that I really only had a week to try and get someone to go with me either in Minnesota or out west. I don't have a lot of friends so it's very difficult. I'm shy and have like one really good friend and she lives in Vancouver and I can't even talk to her this weekend because she's in Seattle with her family. She's my best friend and I've been in love with her brother for as long as I can remember. I may act outgoing on here and crap, but I'm the shyest person you will probably ever meet. If I actually talk to someone I probably scare them off because a I'm a girl and love sports and really only talk about that or politics. I haven't had a boyfriend in four years and been out with maybe 2 guys on dates since then. I still live at home because I'm saving for a house and going and getting my bachelors of education next year. My mom is shy, but doesn't get that I actually want to be social and doesn't get why my being shy stops me. Because I got bullied when I was growing up you stupid *****. I got bullied by my next door neighbour so I didn't go outside and play, so I gained weight and was never able to lose it. My self esteem is for the most part okay, but whenever I try and meet people it makes me feel unattractive and my self esteem goes out the window. My best friend's brother, the only time he talks to me is when I'm fighting with his sister and he belittles me constantly. He doesn't get that his sister and I are a lot alike and that when her and I fight it makes me upset too; not just her. He only sees our fights from her side. I want to go out and meet people, but I don't know how. Everything that my mom has suggested or the best friend has I've shot down because no one wants to do that with me and I don't want to go alone.

And Hammer Slammer, your kitten is adorable. Much love for orange cats

Old
10-28-2012, 08:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
I know wtf it entails thanks. I'm not a moron and am probably older then you. I was just ranting and ticked off that I really only had a week to try and get someone to go with me either in Minnesota or out west. I don't have a lot of friends so it's very difficult. I'm shy and have like one really good friend and she lives in Vancouver and I can't even talk to her this weekend because she's in Seattle with her family. She's my best friend and I've been in love with her brother for as long as I can remember. I may act outgoing on here and crap, but I'm the shyest person you will probably ever meet. If I actually talk to someone I probably scare them off because a I'm a girl and love sports and really only talk about that or politics. I haven't had a boyfriend in four years and been out with maybe 2 guys on dates since then. I still live at home because I'm saving for a house and going and getting my bachelors of education next year. My mom is shy, but doesn't get that I actually want to be social and doesn't get why my being shy stops me. Because I got bullied when I was growing up you stupid *****. I got bullied by my next door neighbour so I didn't go outside and play, so I gained weight and was never able to lose it. My self esteem is for the most part okay, but whenever I try and meet people it makes me feel unattractive and my self esteem goes out the window. My best friend's brother, the only time he talks to me is when I'm fighting with his sister and he belittles me constantly. He doesn't get that his sister and I are a lot alike and that when her and I fight it makes me upset too; not just her. He only sees our fights from her side. I want to go out and meet people, but I don't know how. Everything that my mom has suggested or the best friend has I've shot down because no one wants to do that with me and I don't want to go alone.

And Hammer Slammer, your kitten is adorable. Much love for orange cats
Sorry I neither thought of you being a moron or oblivious to those things, just wanted to add my thoughts since I used to be a show promoter for mid-sized (chart wise) to underground bands...

As for the rest, going for a house and bachelors is a great thing. I do wish all the best/luck to you.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:19 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

Quote:
Sorry I neither thought of you being a moron or oblivious to those things, just wanted to add my thoughts since I used to be a show promoter for mid-sized (chart wise) to underground bands...

As for the rest, going for a house and bachelors is a great thing. I do wish all the best/luck to you.
You come off as something completely different when you post. If you had said what you used to be you wouldn't have come across as something completely different.

My second bachelor's. Already hold one in history and classics. Going to teach little pukes in junior high when I'm done my b'ed

Closed Thread