HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schneider to Edmonton

Old
10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
My untouchable list:
Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, MP, Lander, and Zharkov
J. Schultz, Petry, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Fedun, and Musil
All 1st round picks
So, you're basically trying to continue the typical hf poster ? You can't have my team's good stuff, but we can have yours for our crappy players no one wants.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Reign Nateo

Schneider will be an All-Star. Bad idea to trade him in the division, especially to a young up and coming team.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
My untouchable list:
Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, MP, Lander, and Zharkov
J. Schultz, Petry, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Fedun, and Musil
All 1st round picks
This is some serious homerism... Wow...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:45 AM
jroc86

Gagner or Hemsky + Klefbom for Schneider ...
Maybe Yakupov straight up for Schneider ... after all, he is an oompa loompa with a concussion history already.

Schultz isn't going anywhere - and neither are the big 3/4. Tough call for Canucks if Edmonton is in the Luongo race because they do have a few good d prospects and have some top 6 talent in Gagner and Hemsky that is more or less expendable with what they have now.

Edmonton could likely afford to tender the best offer for Vancouver to help them "win now". But it could come at the expense of giving Edmonton a huge piece of the puzzle from turning this team from an entertaining young dangle-show into a team that wins games and contends for a decade. Ive never been a Luongo fan at all - but I think he's being heavily undervalued. With the way these guys train and prepare nowadays he very well good maintain his level play for another 6-7 years.

Luongo for Hemsky + 2nd rounder? ... Id say Khabi instead of the 2nd (temporary insurance in case Schneids isnt the starter everyone thinks he is) but Vancouvers going to be cap-crunched as it is. Getting rid of Ballard and finding the room to give Edler 6+ at a 59.9. cap is going to take some Salary-Tetris.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Factoring in Hemsky's injury issues and his similar cap hit, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a 1st as the difference between him and Luongo in terms of talent and positional importance.(provided there is security in it not being a bottom 5 pick)

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Cory schneider is not only a big goalie who covers the net, The reason so many people in the hockey world think he is going to be the next big thing for USA is because his ridiculous reaction time saves he makes, His quickness is nuts.

A perfect video showing this off is right here.

here he is again in the playoffs, where he against shows fantastic reaction time, and positioning.

if you want outside fan opinion, Ask NJD or Tampa or boston fans how good cory is, He literally put on absolute clinics against them.
Ia Boston fan, when did Schneider put on this "clinic"? I recall Luongo playing in all the games in the BOS VAN series.

For the record, I think Schneider is a tad overrated. He has never played a full season as #1...he has yet to prove he is capable.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 11:42 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Yakupov has 8 goals in 11 games playing on a bad team in the KHL. He's as untouchable as Hall, Eberle, RNH, or Schultz.

Given the fact that cap inflation is going to slow down in the new CBA and the Oilers are going to have at least $24 million tied up in the big 4 and who knows how much more for Schultz, they should have no interest in being stuck with a $5.3 million cap hit goalie until 2022. No to Luongo.

If Schneider is on the table, the most they should give up is one of Hemsky/MPS + a protected first. If Vancouver doesn't want to take that, the Oilers should be happy to roll the dice with Dubnyk, while taking a run at someone like Bernier.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:00 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ia Boston fan, when did Schneider put on this "clinic"? I recall Luongo playing in all the games in the BOS VAN series.

For the record, I think Schneider is a tad overrated. He has never played a full season as #1...he has yet to prove he is capable.
It was the first regular season game in Boston between the two after the playoffs (only reg. game between the 2)... huge amount of hype around the game going in, and lots of controversy when AV gave the start to Schneider instead of Luongo. Schneider was excellent in net - stopping 36 of 39 shots including several highlight stops. Hodgson scored the winning goal in that game.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Luongo for Hemsky and a top 5 protected 1st is something I would do from the Canucks end.

That deal makes both teams better.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:20 PM
BK201

With all the rumors I don't see CS being traded at all and I do see Luongo as a great fit in Edmonton.

People are down on Lu but it would be never ending praise if he was in a homer market Toronto or st Louis.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:23 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Luongo for Hemsky and a top 5 protected 1st is something I would do from the Canucks end.

You are living in a dream world if you think Luongo commands that from the Oilers. Everyone knows the reason the Canucks want to move him (pressure performance + contract) and more importantly than that: everyone knows the Canucks have to move him.

The only team that would contemplate doing a deal even close to that are the Leafs and only because Burke knows trading for a top ten goaltender is the only way he can save his job.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
It was the first regular season game in Boston between the two after the playoffs (only reg. game between the 2)... huge amount of hype around the game going in, and lots of controversy when AV gave the start to Schneider instead of Luongo. Schneider was excellent in net - stopping 36 of 39 shots including several highlight stops. Hodgson scored the winning goal in that game.
He allowed 3 goals,, i'd hardly called that "putting on a clinic".

Hang your hat on that game if you must..

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
You are living in a dream world if you think Luongo commands that from the Oilers. Everyone knows the reason the Canucks want to move him (pressure performance + contract) and more importantly than that: everyone knows the Canucks have to move him.

The only team that would contemplate doing a deal even close to that are the Leafs and only because Burke knows trading for a top ten goaltender is the only way he can save his job.
If Luongo was willing to play in Edmonton and Oiler management turned down a deal like that they should all be shot. Luongo's impact on the organization would be on a completely different level to Hemsky's and give them a solid foundation in goal that a guy like Dubnyk never will.

Steve Tambellini is the master of building atrocious hockey teams but if he had a chance to acquire a star netminder with Luongo's consistency, durability and work ethic he would jump at it. You turn down opportunities like this and you're on the unemployment line before sundown.

At some point, the Oilers will need to turn these picks into on ice success. Luongo for Hemsky and a 1st does just that.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:46 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
If Luongo was willing to play in Edmonton and Oiler management turned down a deal like that they should all be shot. Luongo's impact on the organization would be on a completely different level to Hemsky's and give them a solid foundation in goal that a guy like Dubnyk never will.

Steve Tambellini is the master of building atrocious hockey teams but if he had a chance to acquire a star netminder with Luongo's consistency, durability and work ethic he would jump at it. You turn down opportunities like this and you're on the unemployment line before sundown.

At some point, the Oilers will need to turn these picks into on ice success. Luongo for Hemsky and a 1st does just that.
Luongo is 33 and getting worse every season. The Oilers core is, on average, 21 years old and getting significantly better every season.

Putting Luongo on the Oilers in 2012 makes them better at a time they can't possibly win (teenagers don't win Stanley Cups). Unfortunately, it also makes them substantially worse when they are ready to compete; with $5.3 million in cap space tied up in an aging (likely mediocre by that time) goaltender and key assets like Hemsky and a first squandered.

For all the flack Steve Tambellini takes on these boards, he'd have to be operating at a Jay Feaster level of incompetence to make that deal. Call me an optimist but I don't think he's that dumb.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Luongo is 33 and getting worse every season. The Oilers core is, on average, 21 years old and getting significantly better every season.

Putting Luongo on the Oilers in 2012 makes them better at a time they can't possibly win (teenagers don't win Stanley Cups). Unfortunately, it also makes them substantially worse when they are ready to compete; with $5.3 million in cap space tied up in an aging (likely mediocre by that time) goaltender and key assets like Hemsky and a first squandered.

For all the flack Steve Tambellini takes on these boards, he'd have to be operating at a Jay Feaster level of incompetence to make that deal. Call me an optimist but I don't think he's that dumb.
I can understand no wanting Luongo for other reasons listed, the length for a team that will have to be resigning RNH, Schultz, Yakupov and other young pieces may not want Luongo and his cap hit long term, that's why I wanted to see what Schneider would return.

The bolded however is just wrong. You don't have to take him based on the stats, but that statement is incorrect. All of his stats, last year included, and his play in general, are a little up and down, but are all grouped together pretty consistently. If you don't want to take my word for it, here:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1050

He's getting older, and his contract is long, but in no way is his play getting worse year by year.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
He allowed 3 goals,, i'd hardly called that "putting on a clinic".

Hang your hat on that game if you must..
I agree. He won the game, and looked great doing it, in spite of three goals getting past him, but I don't know that I can call that a "clinic". He has had far better games, but it was a big game for us, and he did exactly what we needed him to do.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:20 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I can understand no wanting Luongo for other reasons listed, the length for a team that will have to be resigning RNH, Schultz, Yakupov and other young pieces may not want Luongo and his cap hit long term, that's why I wanted to see what Schneider would return.

The bolded however is just wrong. You don't have to take him based on the stats, but that statement is incorrect. All of his stats, last year included, and his play in general, are a little up and down, but are all grouped together pretty consistently. If you don't want to take my word for it, here:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1050

He's getting older, and his contract is long, but in no way is his play getting worse year by year.
I don't mean to say that Luongo is bad now. He's not. Regardless of what the stats say, in my mind, he is easily still a top ten goaltender.

Given that he wasn't a late bloomer, Luongo is definitely getting worse every year simply due to the effects of normal aging. He reached physical maturity and mastered his craft some years ago. He's now reached the sad point where time is taking more from him in quickness and agility than it is providing him in experience.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:22 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yakupov
Hemsky
Gagner
1st
Klefbom
MPS
Marincin

All stuff I'd be interested in. Us having to add for Yakupov, obviously, but without him it would probably take 2-3 of the other pieces with maybe a minor piece from us as well.

Oh, and I may as well say it: Justin Schultz
Out of that group Yak, Klefbom are for sure not available, Marincin maybe not because we really need our dmen as we are hurting big time. I don't see Gagner being a fit in VAN as Kesler is your number two centreman.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:26 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:

If that is what the Canucks want you can keep Luongo. He has a terrible contract and is starting to get up there in age. If his contract was not so bad I would trade Hemsky for him and that is it but besides anything else it would be a big no.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:32 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I would be open to

Hemsky or MPS (Vancouver's choice)

+

1st round pick with some conditions on it (ie: either top 5 protected or the Oilers can choose whether it's 2013 or 2014)

I can say I don't think all Oiler fans will agree with me on this.

I don't think the Oilers would finish in the bottom 7-8 of the league with Hall/RNH/Eberle/Yakupov/Schultz/Smid/Luongo, but you still probably want some protection when handing out a pick like that.
Oilers wouldn't be bottom 5 with Luongo... just as the Leafs would make the playoffs with Luongo. IMO.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Oh.

Oh oh oh.

Schneider to Edmonton? Edmonton? Yeah, that's big 4 territory. Assuming we ever have NHL games again.
Good one

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Henrik To Daniel

one of the big 3 (not a fan of hall)

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:18 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:

lol, Feaster is 3 times the GM tambellini is.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
If that is what the Canucks want you can keep Luongo. He has a terrible contract and is starting to get up there in age. If his contract was not so bad I would trade Hemsky for him and that is it but besides anything else it would be a big no.
It really isn't. He'll either retire when his play is no longer up to scratch or he can be traded to Florida, which as a cap floor team, would love to have him for his final years with a high cap hit and low salary as a veteran backup.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:21 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
lol, Feaster is 3 times the GM tambellini is.
There's a very good chance this season is going to be cancelled and the Flames will lose Iginila for zero compensation. We'll see how well you think Jay is doing if that happens.