HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach bogosian

Old
10-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 23400
What would it take from Colorado? Untouchable are Varlamov, Johnson, Duchene and Landeskog.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 10:28 AM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
What would it take from Colorado? Untouchable are Varlamov, Johnson, Duchene and Landeskog.
If Varlamov and Duchene are untouchable, you can bet Zach Bogosian is too.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:48 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

I think if you slapped Bogosian on most any other team he would do incredible.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:51 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Stastny, Barrie/Elliott 2nd round pick for Bogosian ?

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:06 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Stastny, Barrie/Elliott 2nd round pick for Bogosian ?
From Colorado, it's Duchene. I know, I know, we're taking a loss here considering how bad Duch was last year. You'd prolly have to add.

Am I doing it right?

Bogo is the total package and when gets back he's gonna bring it. He has more in common with Shea Weber or Chris Pronger then Eric Brewer at this point.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:08 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
I would pay alot. Bogosian is awesome. Now that he's no longer in Atlanta he's getting alot more exposure. People are seeing how good he is. The time to trade for him at a discount has passed which is unfortunate (unless you're a jets fan). Excellent player.

edit- For conversation's sake, I'd consider something around Bogosian for Yakupov. I'd probably decline as I want to see just how good Yak is in the NHL but it doesn't seem unreasonable.
I would like to get Bog in EDM but not for Yak, Jets would have to add, I am not sure what but they would and it would not be just a bad prospect either.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:09 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
From Colorado, it's Duchene. I know, I know, we're taking a loss here considering how bad Duch was last year. You'd prolly have to add.

Am I doing it right?

Bogo is the total package and when gets back he's gonna bring it. He has more in common with Shea Weber or Chris Pronger then Eric Brewer at this point.
Bogo is not close to Weber or a Pronger, sorry to say.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:10 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post

Am I doing it right?

Duchene, Elliott/Barrie, 2013 1st round pick for Bogosian, Scheifele and a 2012 3rd?

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:21 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
He's not close to as good no, but Bogosian plays the game like Weber. Smooth skating punishing Dman that chips in offensively. Very similar play styles. Weber plays better D and much better O. Not saying Bogosian isn't good, but Weber is just unreal.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Chiarelli is absolutely in love with Bogo, doubt there's anything the Jets want besides Hamilton or Seguin though.

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:10 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
He picked up a new toolbox last year - I think Huddy helped him select it.

Seriously: he made great strides in his game last year, and is showed the promise that a high draft pick D-man should. I wouldn't trade him unless it were a serious overpayment, which rarely happens.
Glad to hear, hopefully he puts his name on this one...

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear he is developing well.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:45 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Similar style. Obviously Pronger and Weber are out if this world. Give it some time and Bogo will be pretty astounding.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:16 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 301
Quote:
Weber is the best d-man in the league in his prime, and is 5 years older than Bogo. Bogo does play a similiar type of game and has an amazing skill set. Weber 5 years ago wasn't close to the Weber of today either.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Jet Oil

Quote:
I would like to get Bog in EDM but not for Yak, Jets would have to add, I am not sure what but they would and it would not be just a bad prospect either.
As an Oiler fan from Winnipeg, I don't mind the deal. It's tough because we haven't seen what Yakupov can do in the NHL yet, but Bogo is EXACTLY what the Oilers need. He's still young so he fits in with the core, and would finally shut everyone up about the Oilers D.

I never thought I'd ever agree to a trade that would see Bogo leave Winnipeg, but Edmonton would be the only place that I could agree with it. And Yakupov seems like the piece to get it done.

What about Yakupov for Bogosian and Lukas Sutter?

(It's a tough deal for me to think up since i'm basically bias for both sides, which means it should be fair right?)

Jet Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Honest to god wouldn't trade Bogo for more than a handful of guys. Definitely not for a package either. I'd give Bogo plus a lil extra for Giroux or Stamkos, but I wouldn't be looking to trade him for anything less than a Jamie Benn or Jordan Eberle. Serious. Otherwise no poiint trading him. Potential upside is way too high and there's zero risk hanging onto him in Winnipeg. Plus the guy has grown to love the city as much as the fans are loving him...

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:55 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Prior to the draft, Bogosian struck me as similar to Eric Brewer. All the tools, questionable toolbox.

Is this a fair assessment of Bogosian so far? I don't get to see many Thrashers/Jets games, so I don't have an accurate read on him. Can he play the left side?
Just had to laugh at the bold (its normally the other way around). Honestly, for the Oilers i have felt that a Bogo would be all we need but i think if we get a 2nd pair guy like Boychuk we would be fine since J Schultz is lookin like gold for the offense and IQ.

I would very much - as an Oiler fan and seeing J Schultz play recently - like one more big minute RHD who can take the PK top role and shut down physical minutes. Boychuk seems more like the guy we would need more than Bogo. For clarity; I am not saying BOGO is not a top pair guy, i am saying it migt be best if we go a little less and just get a specialty dman who can play big minutes, has a hard right shot, and plays a physical shut-down style. BOGO has more tools and higher upside but with Shultz AND Petry on the right side we dont need an all star, just a guy who can make a really strong 6 and give us loads of options and not get our forwards hemmed in our own zone.

Ive watched a few OKC games and J Schultz is blowing my mind. The level of ause he has been taking lately in the two hand lumberjack stylings and yet gets the job done, stays poised, makes the right read, executes is beyond his years. Not sure if he will be a shutdown guy but like i said if i am GM i am looking at a Boychuk type guy to slide into the top 6 and share the right side with J Schultz and Petry. Not looking for a home-run or to pay out the nose, dont need to.

I will laugh hard in two years when our D is actually our strength. LOL

Last edited by oilinblood: 10-28-2012 at 07:06 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:18 AM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
The problem is the value to the Jets is extremely high for several reasons:

- He has the potential to be our best shutdown D if he isn't already
- Our #1 need is better D
- He's always paired with less talented D (Stuart usually, who is a good player, but not on par with Bogosian)
- He's already on his upswing, a bit of a late bloomer, and his wrist injury has only hampered him
- He had a decent year last year despite his injury
- Apparently he's in dynamite shape, the best on our team, and needs to lead by example for other players on our team (no names needed)
- He's a RHD which we need

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Just had to laugh at the bold (its normally the other way around). Honestly, for the Oilers i have felt that a Bogo would be all we need but i think if we get a 2nd pair guy like Boychuk we would be fine since J Schultz is lookin like gold for the offense and IQ.

I would very much - as an Oiler fan and seeing J Schultz play recently - like one more big minute RHD who can take the PK top role and shut down physical minutes. Boychuk seems more like the guy we would need more than Bogo. For clarity; I am not saying BOGO is not a top pair guy, i am saying it migt be best if we go a little less and just get a specialty dman who can play big minutes, has a hard right shot, and plays a physical shut-down style. BOGO has more tools and higher upside but with Shultz AND Petry on the right side we dont need an all star, just a guy who can make a really strong 6 and give us loads of options and not get our forwards hemmed in our own zone.

Ive watched a few OKC games and J Schultz is blowing my mind. The level of ause he has been taking lately in the two hand lumberjack stylings and yet gets the job done, stays poised, makes the right read, executes is beyond his years. Not sure if he will be a shutdown guy but like i said if i am GM i am looking at a Boychuk type guy to slide into the top 6 and share the right side with J Schultz and Petry. Not looking for a home-run or to pay out the nose, dont need to.

I will laugh hard in two years when our D is actually our strength. LOL
I find it funny that you felt the need to pump your Oiler tires in this Bogo thread. It's probably better to keep that type of stuff on your own team board.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:22 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Honest to god wouldn't trade Bogo for more than a handful of guys. Definitely not for a package either. I'd give Bogo plus a lil extra for Giroux or Stamkos, but I wouldn't be looking to trade him for anything less than a Jamie Benn or Jordan Eberle. Serious. Otherwise no poiint trading him. Potential upside is way too high and there's zero risk hanging onto him in Winnipeg. Plus the guy has grown to love the city as much as the fans are loving him...
My thoughts exactly and I absolutely disagree that the JETS would be adding to Bogosian to get Yakupov. If that were the case, they can keep Yakupov.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I think a Duchene/Bogo swap makes quite a bit of sense.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
My thoughts exactly and I absolutely disagree that the JETS would be adding to Bogosian to get Yakupov. If that were the case, they can keep Yakupov.
Personally I don't see the Jets trading him for a winger. It would need to be for a center. A young center with #1 potential, who could still contribute as of today and into the future (Duchesne, Seguin, Benn, etc). The Jets are already set on the wings with Kane, Ladd, Wheeler and a possibly a move by Little or Burmistrov. I still don't see a move like this being necessary. We look to be building from the back end out (Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogo, Trouba).

Old
10-28-2012, 12:41 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Personally I don't see the Jets trading him for a winger. It would need to be for a center. A young center with #1 potential, who could still contribute as of today and into the future (Duchesne, Seguin, Benn, etc). The Jets are already set on the wings with Kane, Ladd, Wheeler and a possibly a move by Little or Burmistrov. I still don't see a move like this being necessary. We look to be building from the back end out (Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogo, Trouba).
Definitely not advocating a trade for Yakupov or any trade really, just stating that if that were the case, I would not be adding if I were the JETS.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:02 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
I'd rather just keep Bogosian even it was for Duchene or Benn

veganhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:09 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Oil View Post
As an Oiler fan from Winnipeg, I don't mind the deal. It's tough because we haven't seen what Yakupov can do in the NHL yet, but Bogo is EXACTLY what the Oilers need. He's still young so he fits in with the core, and would finally shut everyone up about the Oilers D.

I never thought I'd ever agree to a trade that would see Bogo leave Winnipeg, but Edmonton would be the only place that I could agree with it. And Yakupov seems like the piece to get it done.

What about Yakupov for Bogosian and Lukas Sutter?

(It's a tough deal for me to think up since i'm basically bias for both sides, which means it should be fair right?)
You cannot be serious. You want a soon to be stud DMan AND a great defensive fwd prospect for yakupov? He hasn't even played in the NHL yet and he's already worth a franchise potential defenseman and good prospect(after watching him at the summit series or w/e it wax against the russians I'm expecting a Kesler like player out of Sutter).

No thanks. From the Oilers, for that deal, I'd expect one of the other three.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Definitely not advocating a trade for Yakupov or any trade really, just stating that if that were the case, I would not be adding if I were the JETS.
I completely agree with you. I was just stating what it could possibly take if a deal were to be made.