HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

!(Xbox)! HF HABS GM Connected - ** 1 opening (NJ). Must be active. Join now! **

View Poll Results: Should we pick teams, or select them at random?
Pick them on a first come, first served basis 7 35.00%
Randomly assign teams 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
MiLLw00d

vCash: 500
wow... i was leading 4-0 on noexult and he quit on me with 4 seconds to go in the 3rd.

it's not my fault if you forecheck like a mad man leaving me with 20 odd man rushes in the same game. learn to play defense before accusing someone of cheesing.

and btw, I scored with a slapper from Johnson from the point, 5-hole with Anisimov, on a pass from behind the net with Umberger and with a wrist shot from the center of the slot with Huselius.
no goal from a shortside attempt like you gladly told everyone.

MiLLw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:22 AM
kassian

I mean, even if you did, let's say, use that shortside technique to score goals... what's the problem in it? Do we actually expect people to carefully plan their attack to make sure there are no glitches involved in the play now? And even then, these so-called exploits' definition is so arbitrary. What's a glitch, what's not, who really knows? Are the nearly non-stoppable cross-crease passes glitches? Are shortside goals glitches? Are perfectly-executed wrist shots glitches? Are the goalies superhuman-like saves glitches? We could make a case for a lot gameplay elements like that.

Stop being whiny ******s and play the game - and if the opponent scores questionable goals on you maybe it's time to reconsider your defensive play.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 04:07 PM
NiWoTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
I mean, even if you did, let's say, use that shortside technique to score goals... what's the problem in it? Do we actually expect people to carefully plan their attack to make sure there are no glitches involved in the play now? And even then, these so-called exploits' definition is so arbitrary. What's a glitch, what's not, who really knows? Are the nearly non-stoppable cross-crease passes glitches? Are shortside goals glitches? Are perfectly-executed wrist shots glitches? Are the goalies superhuman-like saves glitches? We could make a case for a lot gameplay elements like that.

Stop being whiny ******s and play the game - and if the opponent scores questionable goals on you maybe it's time to reconsider your defensive play.
Well said Sir. Couldn't agree more.

Had the same conversation recently about the "Rebound-glitch". Gimme a break

NiWoTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I'm going to borrow my brothers Xbox for a little while and get back on ASAP.

Should be done tomorrow, and then I'll deal with the issues. Thanks for your patience guys.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshrags View Post
Hey DOOM

You noted on the news post that this is the last cycle for Qualified FA's.

Can you elaborate. I thought you were referring to the FREE AGENT listing, but i don't have access to that list online. so now i'm thinking that you are referring to something else.

I just don't want to miss out, so if you can explain in further detail, i'd appreciate it.

I didn't actually post anything. I assume it was an automated message by GM connected. As soon as I am online I'll check it out.

As for the glitching, guys, as long as you aren't doing the same move over, and over, and over (ie: 99% of the time) hte onus lies on the defending team to put in place a reasonable tactic to stop you.

If you gain the zone, and take a crap shot 99% of the time hoping for the rebound or trying a wrap around, that's kinda gross, but if you are mixing it up I see no problem with it.

It's definitely not up to the player that is scoring goals to ease up, or change his tactics if the defending player cannot properly defend his zone.

Of course every case is different, but before we accuse others of cheesing, try changing up your defense.

If the guy truly is doing the same thing over and over, it should be pretty predictable and therefor easy to stop once you see the pattern.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:35 AM
pl4tinum

Hate to do this... but myself (pl4tinum514, philly gm) and x Eddie Z x (carolina gm) both pretty much done with this game. Thanks alot Gonzo and our apologies. Never thought this game would be so crappy this year.

pl4tinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Mrb1p

Sorry guy's I've been unable to connect, I didnt have my Xbox is this league still up or what ??

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote