HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schneider to Edmonton

Old
10-27-2012, 02:23 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
And obviously Van laughs. Yeah, lock 'er up. Nothing good can come from this.
Why would Van laugh? It's Edmonton. The 1st is probably a lottery pick, if not first overall...and given vancouver's development system MPS would finally realize his potential and be what he should have been.

As for Hemsky. It's a risk, but I don't think anyone can say that the second line is complete line. If the Canucks are going to win a cup, the second line needs to be completed.

You won't get Eberle, Hall, Yakupov or Hopkins for Schneider. It's not going to happen.

I'm not saying that a deal with Edmonton is a good idea, because its not. It's terrible actually. But the deal I suggested is probably as good as it will get from a division rival like that.

That being said, I'd be open to trading Schneider, but it would to a team in the east and. I'd be looking for a legit top six forward, a great prospect and a first round pick.

By top six, I mean the star on the second line. Not a guy that barely makes the cut.

Versteeg, Bjugstad/Gudbranson and a first
Voracek, couturier/Schenn 1st

You get the idea.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It really isn't. He'll either retire when his play is no longer up to scratch or he can be traded to Florida, which as a cap floor team, would love to have him for his final years with a high cap hit and low salary as a veteran backup.
If this summer taught us anything, it's that moving Roberto Luongo's contract is easy.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
If this summer taught us anything, it's that moving Roberto Luongo's contract is easy.
The lack of clarity on the new CBA, and indeed, the lack of the CBA itself, has probably contributed a lot to that.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:28 PM
FoppaForsberg*

vCash: 500
Quote:
There's a very good chance this season is going to be cancelled and the Flames will lose Iginila for zero compensation. We'll see how well you think Jay is doing if that happens.
I highly doubt that. Iginla, classiest guys in the league, would never just walk away from the Flames, if he does leave, he would sign an extension with us, and be traded mid season or at the deadline so at least we get something.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:29 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Why would Van laugh? It's Edmonton. The 1st is probably a lottery pick, if not first overall...and given vancouver's development system MPS would finally realize his potential and be what he should have been.

As for Hemsky. It's a risk, but I don't think anyone can say that the second line is complete line. If the Canucks are going to win a cup, the second line needs to be completed.

You won't get Eberle, Hall, Yakupov or Hopkins for Schneider. It's not going to happen.

I'm not saying that a deal with Edmonton is a good idea, because its not. It's terrible actually. But the deal I suggested is probably as good as it will get from a division rival like that.

That being said, I'd be open to trading Schneider, but it would to a team in the east and. I'd be looking for a legit top six forward, a great prospect and a first round pick.

By top six, I mean the star on the second line. Not a guy that barely makes the cut.

Versteeg, Bjugstad/Gudbranson and a first
Voracek, couturier/Schenn 1st

You get the idea.
Apparently you are under the impression that Cory Schneider is Jonathan Quick or Henrik Lundqvist. He is not.

The Flyers wouldn't give up what you're asking for in exchange for Shea Weber.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:34 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
I highly doubt that. Iginla, classiest guys in the league, would never just walk away from the Flames, if he does leave, he would sign an extension with us, and be traded mid season or at the deadline so at least we get something.
I remember when I doubted that local product Mark Messier would ever leave an organization in decline, that he was the heart and soul of, to pursue success in greener pastures. It was a simpler time.

Luckily for Edmonton he wasn't a UFA.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:35 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Apparently you are under the impression that Cory Schneider is Jonathan Quick or Henrik Lundqvist. He is not.

Hey, I didn't say you'd like it, but in my opinion that's the asking price for a goalie who has posted similar #s to both of those goalies, even though he hasn't started a year. You'd be paying for the high level of potential.

He'll be at the same level as Quick and Lundqvist. It's a risk, but one well worth it.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:

Ditto this. Realistically I would expect a similarly touted if slightly unproven player in return, like Couturier straight up or something(if Philly were a realistic option).

Old
10-27-2012, 02:39 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

After Schneider's comments about Edmonton last year I would say the chance of The Oil trading for him are between zero and none.
As for Luongo, I do not see him as a fit for the Oilers, there is unlikely to be a deal made for a goaltender until Khabby is UFA, by which time the team will have a much better idea as to what they have in Dubnyk and Luongo will have likely already been moved on at that point.
The Oilers like many teams are unlikely to trade their first in this draft.

IMO the return for Schneider will be greater than that for Luongo.

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

Schneider has been Jonathan Quick's equal over the last couple years. Difference being Schneider was on a team with a star goaltender and Quick had no competition for his starts.

Nothing we've seen from Schneider should lead anyone to believe he's inferior to Quick. Hence why one of the best goaltenders of our generation lost his job to the kid...

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
No. Iginla will be UFA, it's a business. He will do what is best for him.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:44 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Ditto this. Realistically I would expect a similarly touted if slightly unproven player in return, like Couturier straight up or something(if Philly were a realistic option).
I think Schneider will make a by far bigger difference in the grand scheme then SC, I also believe him to be far more valuable and have a higher season.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:46 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Schneider has been Jonathan Quick's equal over the last couple years. Difference being Schneider was on a team with a star goaltender and Quick had no competition for his starts.

Nothing we've seen from Schneider should lead anyone to believe he's inferior to Quick. Hence why one of the best goaltenders of our generation lost his job to the kid...
Nothing I've seen from, to this point, career back-up Cory Schneider leads me to believe he's currently superior to Luongo, let alone on the same level as Lundqvist or Quick. He's younger than Luo and has a better contract. That's it.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Jamin

Id say untouchables are:

Hall
Eberle
RNH
Yak
Klefbom
Schultz
1st rounder

Baseically im not fully sold on Schnieder until he plays 50 or 60 NHL games in a single season. There are lots of goalies who can be good for 33 games, a true number 1 must have that consistency and Schnieder has not proven it. So therefore I dont see it as worth giving up huge pieces for.

Bobby Lou, if that rule goes through where he retires the cap hit still goes to Vancouver. Id be all over him then

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:49 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:

Weber wouldn't return say, Hemsky + Klefbom + 1st?

Ooooookay.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Nothing I've seen from, to this point, career back-up Cory Schneider leads me to believe he's currently superior to Luongo, let alone on the same level as Lundqvist or Quick. He's younger than Luo and has a better contract. That's it.
Best SV% in the NHL over the last 2 years...

The guys is about as flawless as they come. Doesn't take long watching him play to see this.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:50 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Weber wouldn't return say, Hemsky + Klefbom + 1st?

Ooooookay.
That's not the deal I was responding to chief. Try again.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Id say untouchables are:

Hall
Eberle
RNH
Yak
Klefbom
Schultz
1st rounder

Baseically im not fully sold on Schnieder until he plays 50 or 60 NHL games in a single season. There are lots of goalies who can be good for 33 games, a true number 1 must have that consistency and Schnieder has not proven it. So therefore I dont see it as worth giving up huge pieces for.

Bobby Lou, if that rule goes through where he retires the cap hit still goes to Vancouver. Id be all over him then
Yeah, I don't see us moving Schneider with that list of untouchables. Luongo could with Hemsky + MPS/Top 5 Protected 1st making the most sense. You might be able to flip Dubnyk to Chicago for Hjalmarssen, or Khabibulin to Toronto or something.

Old
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Best SV% in the NHL over the last 2 years...

The guys is about as flawless as they come. Doesn't take long watching him play to see this.
He's a back-up.

It gets harder to maintain good numbers when you have to play most of the games.

Old
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
No. Iginla will be UFA, it's a business. He will do what is best for him.
Highly doubt that. He'll resign.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Id say untouchables are:

Hall
Eberle
RNH
Yak
Klefbom
Schultz
1st rounder

Thing is, if he's made it to, say, 50 games this next season, we'll have clearly made our choice and he wouldn't be available. Catch-22.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:52 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:

Disagree. Quick's value went up massively last year. When Schneider achieves what Quick has then he has equal value. Schneider has like 80 NHL starts and although he has done well, to say he is equal to Quick at this stage is simply ridiculous.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:55 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Highly doubt that. He'll resign.
Maybe, but he won't resign just so the Flames get some value back in a trade.
That's not the way things work, it's a business, as a UFA, Iginla is in charge of his situation.
Only way Calgary gets some assets back is if they traded him before he gets to UFA.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:57 PM
sully1410

Quote:
That's not the deal I was responding to chief. Try again.
Did you watch the LA/Van series this year? The guy is incredible.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Did you watch the LA/Van series this year? The guy is incredible.
I agree, but he still wouldn't net that kind of return. The whole "we'll trade Schneider for a ransom" is slightly overrated. We'd have a chance at getting a single, quality young player, but he wouldn't net the usual multi-piece return that a star player would generate.