HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge Thread (Home of All Things OT)

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 11:37 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Richardson has been a pleasant surprise at RB, and we drafted Pead fairly high last year. I agree that we dont need to spend another early pick on a RB.
That said, we could be losing Jackson this year.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
Well regardless of which side of the Lattimore argument you fall on, it has sadly been decided already.

Marcus Lattimore suffered a really gruesome knee injury today that looks like a career ender.

Wasn't a player I wanted to draft per say, but really sad to see. Best of luck to him.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:58 PM
ExJbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Well regardless of which side of the Lattimore argument you fall on, it has sadly been decided already.

Marcus Lattimore suffered a really gruesome knee injury today that looks like a career ender.

Wasn't a player I wanted to draft per say, but really sad to see. Best of luck to him.
Seriously that looked awful. I had to go watch it again because I wasnt sure that what I saw was real. Anyway LeVeon Bell is pretty nasty, maybe the Rams can pick him up.

Last edited by ExJbeck: 10-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Man, that was gruesome, reminiscent of McGahees injury at Miami some years back.

Old
10-28-2012, 04:30 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Can't say I expected much else from the Rams today. At least we scored I guess.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Can't say I expected much else from the Rams today. At least we scored I guess.
Never expected to win the game, but that showing was very disappointing. The frailties of the Patriots have been clear to see all season and we couldn't do anything outside the 1 strike in the first few minutes.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Blues0307

Yesterday's performance made it clear as day that this team lacks explosive wide receivers on the outside. Once Givens went down, it was game-set-match(I realize he came back but his toe bothered him the rest of the game). A bad secondary blanketed and even worse receiver corps. It's time for the Rams to turn a weakness into a strength and make finding a #1 receiver a priority. The Rams three top needs going into next year are IMO:

WR
LT/RT - depending on where they want Saffold to play next year
FS

I believe we're one good draft/FA away from being a good team. But they'll have to hit on these 3 positions this offseason.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Kee-nan Al-len *clap clap clap clap clap*

Old
10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
He's the guy I want as of right now. I just wish I could catch one of Cal's games this year to see how he's progressed. I watched him several times last year and the kid seems plenty explosive.

I'm also high on Tavon Austin, I give him a 1st round grade. He has great body control and makes cuts like a RB. Looks like he'll be a great route runner at the next level.

Last edited by Blues0307: 10-29-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old
10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Thekidline

I agree one more good draft away from being a strong team.... we have back to back drafts with 2 1st rounders.... shouldnt be hard.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:14 AM
stlweir

Rams and Skins both 3-5. Could be looking at two picks in the top 10. Need an OT, WR, Safety. Rams should have a number of options.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:46 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

With Fisher and that trade, we could easily go from doormat to contender in a few years.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

As of now, the Skins pick is #6 and the Rams pick is #8.

I would be surprised if things stay as are, if Fisher did not trade down with one of those two picks.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Alklha

What are the feelings on Bradford?

Is it all about our complete lack of receivers and our O-line? Or should he really be making more things happen than he has?

Old
10-31-2012, 11:40 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post

Is it all about our complete lack of receivers and our O-line? Or should he really be making more things happen than he has?
Im still confident that he can be a really good NFL QB, sure he has made his share of mistakes but all young QBs do. Not to mention he has a terrible O line, no deep threat WRs, and this is his 3rd offense he has had to learn in 3 seasons.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:55 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
As of now, the Skins pick is #6 and the Rams pick is #8.

I would be surprised if things stay as are, if Fisher did not trade down with one of those two picks.
I really hope we don't trade down if there are two great players that will help our team. I liked that we traded with the Skins last year because we weren't going to take RGIII and we got a lot for him, but at some point you have to make a pick. I'd much rather have two great players than one great player and a couple of average players. We turned the number 2 overall pick into Brockers and a couple of average players. Not a fan of that.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Im still confident that he can be a really good NFL QB, sure he has made his share of mistakes but all young QBs do. Not to mention he has a terrible O line, no deep threat WRs, and this is his 3rd offense he has had to learn in 3 seasons.
How long can it go on for though? I honestly think we have 1 offseason to save our first overall pick from being a bust.

There is a point where guys have their potential destroyed by being in a position to only fail and getting no help. After 3 years, we are probably at that point for a lot of players, if it drags into a fourth year, it is really tough to see him being able to come back from that.

We'll at least be in a good position when it comes to our picks, but with little to no margin of error.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Alklha

Edit: wrong thread!

Old
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post

I think its a lack of receivers and Oline. He has shown that he can make every pass that you need to make. He has a strong arm and it is accurate. How many touchdowns are you going to throw when Brandon Gibson is your best red zone target? Hes shown that he can make plays when he has decent receivers, remember Mark Clayton?

Amendola is huge in keeping the ball moving as well, one of the best short route receivers in the league. Amendola-Givens-Gibson looks so much better than Givens-Gibson-Smith. But lack of depth is no excuse, hopefully Quick has a stronger 2nd half. Kendricks needs to be a bigger part of this offense as well, Bradford hasnt had a receiving threat at TE since he has gotten here.

O-Line has held up alright actually, but you know that they have been dialing back the offense to get the ball out faster.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:40 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Bradford has been improving, so I don't understand the bust talk. When he's had legit deep threats in Clayton and Givens, he has nailed the deep throws. When he has a reliable, healthy receiver in Amendola, the offense is able to move the chains. If we add an actual #1 who can do all the routes or at least the medium routes, we will see Bradford produce even more. An improved offensive line will only make everything produce better, the passing and running games. Imagine if Bradford had a tight end with actual hands, instead of Kendricks who has bricks.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I truly have no doubts about Bradford. He's never going to be putting up numbers like Brady or Manning, but he is a VERY accurate passer. He makes the right decision most of the time, but he has absolutely no deep threat. Red zone is tough on him because he doesn't really have a receiver that can go up and get the ball. Stafford looks great, but I believe it is mostly because he has some insane receivers. I hope the Rams address that problem soon.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Blues0307

Bradford's going to be a good QB once he's got the supporting cast. The O-line is still an issue that needs to be addressed. Way too many plays where the D has an easy time getting through. Bradford just doesn't have a lot of time to let plays develop. I believe the line will be much better next year, though, after it's addressed in the draft and Wok is back healthy. The receiving corp is one really good receiver away from being good:

A true #1
Givens
Amendola
Gibson

Quick still developing

That's got the makings of a dynamic group.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Memento
Missourian.

...Am I the only one who thinks that Sam can still be a superstar quarterback? I mean, guys like Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, and Joe Flacco are just starting to grow into elite quarterbacks (or, in Manning's case, last year). Sam has so many similarities to Eli Manning that it's scary. What's to stop him from becoming elite with a few more weapons and offensive linemen?

Old
10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento View Post
...Am I the only one who thinks that Sam can still be a superstar quarterback? I mean, guys like Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, and Joe Flacco are just starting to grow into elite quarterbacks (or, in Manning's case, last year). Sam has so many similarities to Eli Manning that it's scary. What's to stop him from becoming elite with a few more weapons and offensive linemen?
I completely agree with you. People seem to forget that he has had a different offensive system every season of his career.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento View Post
Superstar, not sure. I just know that he has the ability to be top 10. Bradford's upside is better than Flacco for sure, and I believe it's even higher than Ryan's. Just a HUGE talent disparity between those two offenses and the Rams, which is why the results are so different.

Closed Thread