HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Looks like Dustin Walsh is still injured as he's not in the lineup today for the season opener. Too bad after playing in only 8 games all of last season, he's missed the development camp, pre-season and now the start of the season. (Dartmouth already plays the least amount of games in the NCAA, as Ivy league teams are forced to play fewer games)

Old
10-26-2012, 06:57 PM
niftymove

he wasnt in the line-up for the 2preseason games either.

On the teamsite, in coachnotes, there is an interview with his coach. He seems to say they are waiting Walsh to be 100% ready before inserting him in the line-up.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Looks like Dustin Walsh is still injured as he's not in the lineup today for the season opener. Too bad after playing in only 8 games all of last season, he's missed the development camp, pre-season and now the start of the season. (Dartmouth already plays the least amount of games in the NCAA, as Ivy league teams are forced to play fewer games)
Still the hip I'm guessing?

Sucks as I was really looking forward to following his progression this year, and after a whole summer off he still can't play.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Archambault with 2 assists.

Vail with 2 assists.

Kristo with 2 assists.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
That

Bozon goal!

2nd of the night!

Old
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Bozon goal!

2nd of the night!
Kamloops are really impressive!

Old
10-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Kristo has added a 3rd assist.

Quite a night for our prospects considering Gally wasn't playing.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Kamloops are really impressive!
18-4 shot clock in their favour. They have more goals than the other team has shots.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Et le But

The Bozon, Lipon, Smith line is insane.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Sportsnet has to be showing a Kamloops game eventually you would hope.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:58 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Bozon, Lipon, Smith line is insane.
+ they have Ranford on the 2nd line...

Old
10-26-2012, 11:02 PM
That

Assist for Bozon.

Kamloops is insanely good.

Bozon - Smith - Lipon is absolutely insane, they are all just so talented and have great chemistry. Looking back at the draft, it's hard to believe that Smith got drafted in the 7th round, he's looking like a great value pick.

Last edited by That: 10-26-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Andy

how is that line so dominant? What the hell.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:48 AM
habsfan92

As far as Dustin Walsh is concerned:
SOME PEOPLE JUST GET IT
The coaches and media polls have Dartmouth in the bottom half of the ECAC Hockey standings at the end of the year, but the good folks at U.S. College Hockey Online (USCHO.com) and Inside CollegeHockey.com (INCH) think a little more highly of this year's Big Green. USCHO has the team sixth in its rankings and dubbed them the league's 'wildcard'. INCH went even further, picking Dartmouth to finish fourth and have tabbed the Big Green as ECAC Hockey's 'Breakthrough Team' of 2012-13. INCH went a step further and honored Dustin Walsh as the Best Player in the League

Anyone see this?
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=11600

Old
10-27-2012, 02:09 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watch North Dakota game, Kristo was in mid-season form as he was FLYing out there. I don't know if the coach was sending a message or if it was due to the team facing a weak oppent (UAA should be near the bottom of the WCHA i'd wager) but they put the Kristo/Knight line as the 2nd line with MacMillan's line starting. They also moved Kristo back to the point on the PP again, something he did a lot in his first two years, with MacMillan moving up to the top PP line.

In the 3 games i've seen so far, Kristo looks like he is on a mission, he's looked great out there and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a huge season.

MacMillan played well, it looked like he tipped in a goal on the PP that they gave to Simpson but I could be wrong. He's a treat to watch though, works hard, is smart and skilled, always keeps his feet moving, will get his nose dirty and can really dish the puck. Really hope he can add some mass and strength over the next couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Still the hip I'm guessing?
I believe so

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
As far as Dustin Walsh is concerned:
SOME PEOPLE JUST GET IT
The coaches and media polls have Dartmouth in the bottom half of the ECAC Hockey standings at the end of the year, but the good folks at U.S. College Hockey Online (USCHO.com) and Inside CollegeHockey.com (INCH) think a little more highly of this year's Big Green. USCHO has the team sixth in its rankings and dubbed them the league's 'wildcard'. INCH went even further, picking Dartmouth to finish fourth and have tabbed the Big Green as ECAC Hockey's 'Breakthrough Team' of 2012-13. INCH went a step further and honored Dustin Walsh as the Best Player in the League

Anyone see this?
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=11600
http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/

Strange that they would pick him to be the top player in the ECAC since he missed so much time but the interesting part in the article was that it said the Habs wanted to sign him but he opted not to turn pro, this must have been after his sophmore year. I hadn't heard that before if true, but if he can improve his skating/mobility/foot speed and be more consistent he's a prospect to keep an eye on.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

The best explanation for Walsh not being ready yet: https://twitter.com/habsprospects/st...81701322964992

Nystrom has scored so today.

Bozon highlights: http://www.blazerhockey.com/video/in...9429f9ae2f8113

Loved that shot on the 2nd goal and a solid assist.

Kristo highlights: http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal...B_OEM_ID=13500

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-27-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old
10-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Et le But

Going into today Nystrom was apparently 10th in J20 North scoring, though he played more games than a lot of the players ahead of him.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:48 PM
EveryDay

Hudon playing tonight?

Old
10-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
You write Kristo highlights and yet, all I see in most dangerous occasions is MacMillan being extremely crafty and dangerous. I mean, if he and his teamates convert his chances, the kid ends up with 4 points and that's just based on the highlights.

I will found a way to watch ND's and Michigan's games soon so I will most likely write some reports about it as well. Will be fun.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You write Kristo highlights and yet, all I see in most dangerous occasions is MacMillan being extremely crafty and dangerous. I mean, if he and his teamates convert his chances, the kid ends up with 4 points and that's just based on the highlights.

I will found a way to watch ND's and Michigan's games soon so I will most likely write some reports about it as well. Will be fun.
MacMillan's line was good all night and the all Freshman line was solid, overall a very good team effort against a bad team. Hope we see more of the same tonight.

In the states, as the season wears on usually more college hockey games end up on tv. So far not that many good ones have been on yet, just North Dakota but they are almost always on tv. I'm most looking forward to see BC to see Sullivan again since i've only seen him once so far. But expecting big things from both Michigan and North Dakota this year (as long as their goaltending holds up)

Old
10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
MacMillan's line was good all night and the all Freshman line was solid, overall a very good team effort against a bad team. Hope we see more of the same tonight.

In the states, as the season wears on usually more college hockey games end up on tv. So far not that many good ones have been on yet, just North Dakota but they are almost always on tv. I'm most looking forward to see BC to see Sullivan again since i've only seen him once so far. But expecting big things from both Michigan and North Dakota this year (as long as their goaltending holds up)
Yep, goaltending is key. What did you think of Sullivan so far even if it's just one game?

Old
10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yep, goaltending is key. What did you think of Sullivan so far even if it's just one game?
I liked him a lot, was impressed with his mobility. He reminded me a bit of Mac Bennett as he was rusing the puck up ice left and right, but that was in the USHS, we'll see how he adjusts in a tough conference. But he's got one of the all time best coaches in college hockey. (all of our NCAA prospects play under the top coaches in the NCAA, funny how that worked out)

I don't usually get a lot of Hockey East games on tv, but BC is usually on a least a couple times, so I should get to see him a few I would think. Might have to check around my NCAA contacts to see how he's doing in the mean time.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Blazers are too good for the WHL right now, they have a +37 differential while the second better team has a +10 ratio.. Blazers have over twice more goals for than goals against.. Thats called domination!

Old
10-27-2012, 05:59 PM
NotProkofievian

Hey Whitesnake and montreal,

how is it that you're getting NCAA hockey games on T.V.? I won't try to get them this year, as I don't have a T.V., or an income, but is there some special channel you guys ordered?

Old
10-27-2012, 06:19 PM
EveryDay

Hudon is not playing again tonight.....

Closed Thread