HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
  #151
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,061
vCash: 500
Looks like Dustin Walsh is still injured as he's not in the lineup today for the season opener. Too bad after playing in only 8 games all of last season, he's missed the development camp, pre-season and now the start of the season. (Dartmouth already plays the least amount of games in the NCAA, as Ivy league teams are forced to play fewer games)

montreal is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 06:57 PM
  #152
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
he wasnt in the line-up for the 2preseason games either.

On the teamsite, in coachnotes, there is an interview with his coach. He seems to say they are waiting Walsh to be 100% ready before inserting him in the line-up.

niftymove is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 06:59 PM
  #153
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Looks like Dustin Walsh is still injured as he's not in the lineup today for the season opener. Too bad after playing in only 8 games all of last season, he's missed the development camp, pre-season and now the start of the season. (Dartmouth already plays the least amount of games in the NCAA, as Ivy league teams are forced to play fewer games)
Still the hip I'm guessing?

Sucks as I was really looking forward to following his progression this year, and after a whole summer off he still can't play.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 09:01 PM
  #154
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,700
vCash: 567
Archambault with 2 assists.

Vail with 2 assists.

Kristo with 2 assists.


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
  #155
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Bozon goal!

2nd of the night!

That is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
  #156
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Bozon goal!

2nd of the night!
Kamloops are really impressive!

EveryDay is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:42 PM
  #157
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,700
vCash: 567
Kristo has added a 3rd assist.

Quite a night for our prospects considering Gally wasn't playing.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:43 PM
  #158
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Kamloops are really impressive!
18-4 shot clock in their favour. They have more goals than the other team has shots.

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:54 PM
  #159
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,072
vCash: 500
The Bozon, Lipon, Smith line is insane.

Et le But is online now  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
  #160
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,700
vCash: 567
Sportsnet has to be showing a Kamloops game eventually you would hope.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:58 PM
  #161
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Bozon, Lipon, Smith line is insane.
+ they have Ranford on the 2nd line...

EveryDay is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 11:02 PM
  #162
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Assist for Bozon.

Kamloops is insanely good.

Bozon - Smith - Lipon is absolutely insane, they are all just so talented and have great chemistry. Looking back at the draft, it's hard to believe that Smith got drafted in the 7th round, he's looking like a great value pick.


Last edited by That: 10-26-2012 at 11:08 PM.
That is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:19 AM
  #163
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,409
vCash: 500
how is that line so dominant? What the hell.

Andy is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:48 AM
  #164
habsfan92
Registered User
 
habsfan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
As far as Dustin Walsh is concerned:
SOME PEOPLE JUST GET IT
The coaches and media polls have Dartmouth in the bottom half of the ECAC Hockey standings at the end of the year, but the good folks at U.S. College Hockey Online (USCHO.com) and Inside CollegeHockey.com (INCH) think a little more highly of this year's Big Green. USCHO has the team sixth in its rankings and dubbed them the league's 'wildcard'. INCH went even further, picking Dartmouth to finish fourth and have tabbed the Big Green as ECAC Hockey's 'Breakthrough Team' of 2012-13. INCH went a step further and honored Dustin Walsh as the Best Player in the League

Anyone see this?
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=11600

habsfan92 is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 02:09 AM
  #165
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,061
vCash: 500
Watch North Dakota game, Kristo was in mid-season form as he was FLYing out there. I don't know if the coach was sending a message or if it was due to the team facing a weak oppent (UAA should be near the bottom of the WCHA i'd wager) but they put the Kristo/Knight line as the 2nd line with MacMillan's line starting. They also moved Kristo back to the point on the PP again, something he did a lot in his first two years, with MacMillan moving up to the top PP line.

In the 3 games i've seen so far, Kristo looks like he is on a mission, he's looked great out there and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a huge season.

MacMillan played well, it looked like he tipped in a goal on the PP that they gave to Simpson but I could be wrong. He's a treat to watch though, works hard, is smart and skilled, always keeps his feet moving, will get his nose dirty and can really dish the puck. Really hope he can add some mass and strength over the next couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Still the hip I'm guessing?
I believe so

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
As far as Dustin Walsh is concerned:
SOME PEOPLE JUST GET IT
The coaches and media polls have Dartmouth in the bottom half of the ECAC Hockey standings at the end of the year, but the good folks at U.S. College Hockey Online (USCHO.com) and Inside CollegeHockey.com (INCH) think a little more highly of this year's Big Green. USCHO has the team sixth in its rankings and dubbed them the league's 'wildcard'. INCH went even further, picking Dartmouth to finish fourth and have tabbed the Big Green as ECAC Hockey's 'Breakthrough Team' of 2012-13. INCH went a step further and honored Dustin Walsh as the Best Player in the League

Anyone see this?
http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=11600
http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/

Strange that they would pick him to be the top player in the ECAC since he missed so much time but the interesting part in the article was that it said the Habs wanted to sign him but he opted not to turn pro, this must have been after his sophmore year. I hadn't heard that before if true, but if he can improve his skating/mobility/foot speed and be more consistent he's a prospect to keep an eye on.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 09:49 AM
  #166
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,700
vCash: 567
The best explanation for Walsh not being ready yet: https://twitter.com/habsprospects/st...81701322964992

Nystrom has scored so today.

Bozon highlights: http://www.blazerhockey.com/video/in...9429f9ae2f8113

Loved that shot on the 2nd goal and a solid assist.

Kristo highlights: http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal...B_OEM_ID=13500


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-27-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:02 PM
  #167
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,072
vCash: 500
Going into today Nystrom was apparently 10th in J20 North scoring, though he played more games than a lot of the players ahead of him.

Et le But is online now  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:48 PM
  #168
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,863
vCash: 500
Hudon playing tonight?

EveryDay is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 04:42 PM
  #169
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
You write Kristo highlights and yet, all I see in most dangerous occasions is MacMillan being extremely crafty and dangerous. I mean, if he and his teamates convert his chances, the kid ends up with 4 points and that's just based on the highlights.

I will found a way to watch ND's and Michigan's games soon so I will most likely write some reports about it as well. Will be fun.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
  #170
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You write Kristo highlights and yet, all I see in most dangerous occasions is MacMillan being extremely crafty and dangerous. I mean, if he and his teamates convert his chances, the kid ends up with 4 points and that's just based on the highlights.

I will found a way to watch ND's and Michigan's games soon so I will most likely write some reports about it as well. Will be fun.
MacMillan's line was good all night and the all Freshman line was solid, overall a very good team effort against a bad team. Hope we see more of the same tonight.

In the states, as the season wears on usually more college hockey games end up on tv. So far not that many good ones have been on yet, just North Dakota but they are almost always on tv. I'm most looking forward to see BC to see Sullivan again since i've only seen him once so far. But expecting big things from both Michigan and North Dakota this year (as long as their goaltending holds up)

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
  #171
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
MacMillan's line was good all night and the all Freshman line was solid, overall a very good team effort against a bad team. Hope we see more of the same tonight.

In the states, as the season wears on usually more college hockey games end up on tv. So far not that many good ones have been on yet, just North Dakota but they are almost always on tv. I'm most looking forward to see BC to see Sullivan again since i've only seen him once so far. But expecting big things from both Michigan and North Dakota this year (as long as their goaltending holds up)
Yep, goaltending is key. What did you think of Sullivan so far even if it's just one game?

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
  #172
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yep, goaltending is key. What did you think of Sullivan so far even if it's just one game?
I liked him a lot, was impressed with his mobility. He reminded me a bit of Mac Bennett as he was rusing the puck up ice left and right, but that was in the USHS, we'll see how he adjusts in a tough conference. But he's got one of the all time best coaches in college hockey. (all of our NCAA prospects play under the top coaches in the NCAA, funny how that worked out)

I don't usually get a lot of Hockey East games on tv, but BC is usually on a least a couple times, so I should get to see him a few I would think. Might have to check around my NCAA contacts to see how he's doing in the mean time.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 05:21 PM
  #173
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Blazers are too good for the WHL right now, they have a +37 differential while the second better team has a +10 ratio.. Blazers have over twice more goals for than goals against.. Thats called domination!

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 05:59 PM
  #174
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,154
vCash: 500
Hey Whitesnake and montreal,

how is it that you're getting NCAA hockey games on T.V.? I won't try to get them this year, as I don't have a T.V., or an income, but is there some special channel you guys ordered?

NotProkofievian is online now  
Old
10-27-2012, 06:19 PM
  #175
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,863
vCash: 500
Hudon is not playing again tonight.....

EveryDay is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.