HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unpopular Opinions You Have About the Team/Individual Players

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2012, 12:01 PM
  #176
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Oh, I agree. My point is I think the fact that he was traded for McDonagh and Gaborik (basically) clouds peoples' recollections of his time here.
I have to admit, however, that the reason I disagree about Colton Orr is because of the clown car of enforcers Sather brought in here after Orr left.

I was never a fan of him, but he looks great compared to his successors.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
  #177
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
The difference between the success this team's had, compared to what it could have is still the botched 2003 draft.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
  #178
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
...Leetch ...the worst Rangers on the team their last 2 seasons...
...double digits in goals, 30+ points in both of those seasons.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:04 PM
  #179
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,027
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I have to admit, however, that the reason I disagree about Colton Orr is because of the clown car of enforcers Sather brought in here after Orr left.

I was never a fan of him, but he looks great compared to his successors.
The rationale for letting Orr goes was right. The choice of replacements wasn't (until Rupp).

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:06 PM
  #180
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The rationale for letting Orr goes was right. The choice of replacements wasn't (until Rupp).
Rupp was the guy I wanted that summer. Pittsburgh got him for 2 years 825K per. I was livid when I saw his salary compared to Brashear's.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:11 PM
  #181
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,027
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Rupp was the guy I wanted that summer. Pittsburgh got him for 2 years 825K per. I was livid when I saw his salary compared to Brashear's.
Brashear was an insipid, uninspired, careless, thoughtless and ridiculous choice.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 02:08 PM
  #182
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Jody Shelley did alright for us in the enforcer role, but aside from that I agree.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:25 PM
  #183
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Brashear was an insipid, uninspired, careless, thoughtless and ridiculous choice.
And those were his good points.

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 01:39 PM
  #184
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Callahan is a terribly overrated player and escapes criticism when he's in the midst of a scoring slump.

Adam Graves shouldn't have his number retired since he wasn't a HOF player. Rangers are a world class original 6 franchise and it's a joke that they lowered the standards for this guy.

John Mitchell helped the team a lot more than he hurt them.
Wow,all 3 comments are plain ignorant..i really hope you are not serious.

JayQueensNY88* is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 02:14 PM
  #185
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Wow,all 3 comments are plain ignorant..i really hope you are not serious.
I'm dead serious.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 03:00 PM
  #186
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
There is literally not a single shred of evidence to support either of these. But I suppose utterly incorrect opinions generally would be unpopular.
I love the reactions to these posts. It's a thread about unpopular opinions. OBVIOUSLY most people will disagree and I'm aware of that. There is, however, PLENTY of evidence. You just don't want to notice it. Dubinsky (the younger player) out-produced Callahan every year until this past year. Callahan has only one thing going for him that Dubinsky doesn't--his confidence level. Dubinsky gets trapped inside his own head during a slump. Callahan doesn't.

Frankly, most of the things people ranted about regarding Dubinsky (doesn't know what kind of player he is, inconsistent, etc) apply FAR more to Cally than they did to Dubi. Dubinsky's problem was that he would back off and defer too much when his confidence was down. Callahan is the one who seems to think he's a skill player instead of a grinder from time to time. Again, how many times did Cally pull that no-look pass to nowhere last year? That nonsense resulted (often) in goals against, because he would give up odd-man rushes to the other team.

I LOVE Callahan when he plays his game. I get completely frustrated by him when he doesn't (and he had far too many games last year, particularly in the playoffs, where he was trying to be Ryan McFancypants instead of Ryan Mother****ing Callahan). I think Dubinsky kept him honest/grounded.

I also disagree with the poster who said that Cally plays well with Stepan and Kreider. There isn't a big enough sample size for Kreider, and Callahan has never played well with Stepan.

smoneil is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 05:01 PM
  #187
Dactyl
💙NASH💙
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,528
vCash: 500
would not have lost to the devils if avery was on the roster

we would have lost to the sens

Dactyl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.