Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Old
06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
who is Adam Veliky a how good prospect is he? I never heard of him until CHL import draft and he went pretty high.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
wings5

Updates from Rangers development camp thread.

Quote:
Ceresnak looks real good so far in the scrimmage. Keeping guys to the outside and taking the puck away with ease.
Quote:
Hrivik is impressive i have to say.
Quote:
Hrivik has nice hands.
Quote:
Am I right in thinking Ceresnak is #46 in white? Because if he isn't, whoever is has looked real good so far.
Quote:
Hrvik looks
bigger than a lot of guys.
Quote:
Ceresnak has looked very good.
Quote:
Yep, #46 is Ceresnak. He's shown great poise, an effective first pass, and smothering defense along the boards in his own zone. His point shot doesn't seem to miss the net, either, which is encouraging.
Quote:
Ceresnak has just been a pleasure to watch. Making it look easy. Great at using his body to protect the puck. Great job making the right outlet pass to the right guy.
Quote:
Ceresnak was arguably the White Team's best player imo. He was strong out there all game.
Quote:
Hrvik was Hrvik out there. He put the puck in the net.
Quote:
Hrivik is quit the find i have to say. Where did this guy from again? He is a scorer. He has a decent shot and seems to be able to maneuver quickly. Very interesting play who could/should see the NHL in the not too distant future

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:48 AM
slovakiasnextone

Good work getting together that info, wings5! And it´s nice to hear that they did so good. The Rangers development camp also included a Slovak FA invitee, forward Tomáš Klíma (1990), a player from Karlovy Vary in the Czech Extraliga.

If anyone´s interested the scrimmage from last day of Rangers development camp (which includes Marek Hrivík scoring a hattrick) can be watched here and here.

The Edmonton Oilers have also concluded their development camp this Monday. The two Slovaks attending were "twin towers" Martin Marinčin and Martin Gernát. It seems they too looked pretty good:

Quote:
the euros we have on defence are almost all beauties. Smooth skaters, good shots and great speed. Klefbom was easily the best of the lot, but both Gernat and Marcinin showed well IMO.
Quote:
Martin Marincin - I liked his game both Offensively and defensively but boy is he skinny, Gernat for example is noticeably thicker. Hope he heads for the weight room soon and often.
Quote:
Marcincin also looked really good. He was on the ice with Gernat quite a bit and while Gernat also looked good, you could see that Marincin is much more polished. There was one point where he went into the offensive zone alone while there was a change going on. He intercepted the puck and then put on a bit of a show playing keep away with the two other Dmen from the other team.
Quote:
I was really impressed with our D prospects. Marincin, Gernat, and Bigos looked good.
An article on Martin Marinčin from Oilers website:

Quote:
Marincin leaving strong impression with Oilers
Martin Marincin & Barons Head Coach Todd Nelson comment on the D man
Saturday, 30.06.2012 / 3:15 PM / News
By Ryan Dittrick | edmontonoilers.com

Sherwood Park, AB - At 6'5" and 190 pounds, Martin Marincin is impossible to miss.

The 20-year-old is quite literally a monstrous presence among his peers, but it's his ability with the puck 77 inches south that's most impressive. In 2011-12 split between the WHL's Moose Jaw Warriors and Regina Pats, Marincin collected 11 goals and 40 points in 58 regular-season games.

Highlighting his overage season was an appearance at the 2012 World Junior Championship in Calgary, where he was the leading scorer among Oilers prospects with one goal, three points and a +2 rating in six games.

"I think I had a pretty good season -- and improvement over the last one, which is good," he said. "I worked hard and will keep working hard here [at Development Camp] to make an impression on the coaches so I can get closer to playing for the Oilers."

When Marincin's season came to a close, he was assigned to the AHL's Oklahoma City Barons where he got to play a little, practice a lot, and experience the club's deep post-season. In total, he appeared in six regular-season games, notching an assist and a +4 rating.

Barons Head Coach Todd Nelson, who's keeping a close eye on all the prospects at camp this week, was impressed with Marincin's composure. And it didn't come as too much of a surprise, considering he coached the Slovak at this past September's Young Stars Tournament in Penticton.

He was also prepared to slot him into the lineup during the post-season if he needed to.

"Excellent. He looked really good [with us in OKC]," Nelson said. "He has a very hard shot and his one-timer is very impressive. He sees the ice well and moves the puck well.

"He's very strong in his own end as well. He's so big and lanky that he has great reach and can use his stick very well. In today's game, having a good stick on the puck is very important. He's very well-rounded."

"It was a great experience for me," Marincin added. "I learned a lot and got to play with some older guys. It showed me that I have to keep getting better and I need to get stronger to make it full-time -- but I'm working at it and this camp is good."

Just he did in Penticton, Marincin orchestrated some high-risk, high-reward plays that ultimately showed the talent and creativity that earned his 46th overall selection in 2010. It's something the coaches like, but want quelled if a simpler play will do.

"He caught our attention last year when he tried a backhand spin-o-rama right in front of the net," Nelson laughed. "That's the thing that we have to be careful of. We want creativity and we want confidence, but if you try to do too much, that's when you get in trouble.

"He was excellent early on in OKC because he was keeping it simple and was moving the puck real well. Then he started getting some more confidence and started trying those things, so we had to scale him back and tell him that less is more. For a younger guy, sometimes it's hard to comprehend that."

Under the circumstances, it's right to assume that Marincin will be a full-time Baron next season. That's A-OK by Nelson, who's eager to continue the Kosice native's development en route to the show in Edmonton.

Mastering the physical game is next on the checklist.

"I hope he does [fill out]," Nelson said, noting that in a one-game stint with the Barons to end 2010-11, Marincin was challenged in the corners. That's no longer an issue.

"He wasn't this year. He's maturing as a hockey player, and that comes with age and experience. If he's with us next year, he's going to have a very strong season. The American Hockey League is a great training ground.

"You don't have to rush guys to the NHL. Sometimes teams rush guys because they want to get better. But right now we're (the Oilers) in a situation where the second wave -- it might take them more time to mature. We're happy with letting Marty develop at his own rate, because he's such a valuable piece to this organization."

"I need to be more physical," Marincin agreed. "I need to be stronger -- and when I do that, I know I can play at a high level in the NHL one day.

For now, Marincin is making the most of his opportunity at Development Camp. Not only is he developing his skill on the ice, but he's also building lifelong friendships with future teammates. It's all part of the process in becoming an Oiler.

"It's been a busy week with a lot of practice and workouts, but it's been great. I love the group here, we're doing good things and it's been great for my development and the team's. It's been a great time."
Also, Marek Tvrdoň has signed an ELC with the Wings:

Quote:
Nicastro, Tvrdon sign entry-level deals
Tuesday, 07.03.2012 / 3:30 PM / News
By Bill Roose - Managing Editor | DetroitRedWings.com

DETROIT – Amidst all of the craziness that is the free agency frenzy, the Red Wings locked up two of their drafted prospects this week.

Former Boston University defenseman Max Nicastro and Vancouver Giants forward Marek Tvrdon have been signed to two- and three-year entry-level contracts, respectively.
Tvrdon, a 19-year-old Slovakian, has spent the last two seasons in the Western Hockey League, where he scored 31 goals with 43 assists last year with the Giants. He was the Wings' fourth-round pick in 2011.

Another big body (6-foot-2, 212-pound) and excellent skater, Tvrdon will play one more season in Vancouver.

“He’s a big, strong, power forward-type of player with a real heavy body and good offensive skills,” Nill said. “He’s got to work on his quickness, but that’s coming. The real big thing is that he’s got a real big, heavy body.”

Both Nicastro and Tvrdon have the potential to reach the NHL, however, their futures will come down to commitment.

“It all depends on how they’re going to work to get here,” Nill said.
Back in Slovakia the Zlatý puk (Golden Puck) Awards have been given out last Saturday. Wings prospect Tomáš Jurčo won the Pavol Demitra Award for best U20 player. (which I believe makes him the 2nd Wings prospect to win the award as Tomáš Tatar won it in its inaugural year back in 2010 I think?)

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 09:32 AM
wings5

I never realized how much Tvrdon has grown the past few years as you can see his size here. http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/211/IHM2110SVK_33_1_0.pdf

I think he will only continue to get better.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:54 PM
wings5

I'm hoping that a few of these prospects like Hrivik and Ceresnak can be underdogs and eventually make the NHL along with the more well known highly touted Slovak prospects.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:59 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I'm hoping that a few of these prospects like Hrivik and Ceresnak can be underdogs and eventually make the NHL along with the more well known highly touted Slovak prospects.
Hrvik should be able to get a couple games in next year. From what I've read he was great in the AHL.

Ceresnak should get a contract if his play continues to improve, but who knows if he'll ever make the NHL.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:18 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
How is his size, 6'3" 180lbs, going to limit him in NA?
Here it says he is only 5'8 168 idk..

http://www.chl.ca/draft/chl

Old
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Kamzik

The Detroit Red Wings have signed Marek Tvrdon to a 3 year entry-level contract.

There is a little bit of talk, completely unfounded I'm sure, that the Red Wings are offering a package to the Blue Jackets for Nash that includes Jurco.

I couldn't help but notice some French Canadian media are reading this thread, some stuff we write about Reway seems to migrate the next day to their blogs.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
That would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
The Detroit Red Wings have signed Marek Tvrdon to a 3 year entry-level contract.

There is a little bit of talk, completely unfounded I'm sure, that the Red Wings are offering a package to the Blue Jackets for Nash that includes Jurco.

I couldn't help but notice some French Canadian media are reading this thread, some stuff we write about Reway seems to migrate the next day to their blogs.
Re Tvrdoň, already mentioned in post #203.

I guess those media don´t really have much other sources they could use. (well ones that they would understand anyway)

Old
07-08-2012, 03:39 PM
xyzed

The Malik report, wings development camp, day 1
Quote:
Tomas Jurco #28: Tomas did not have magic hands today. Maybe it was because he was wearing New York Rangers-style Warrior gloves with no backroll and one stiff piece of foam and plastic instead, and maybe he was just having an off day, but while his shot is slipperier than ice and he can finish with the best of them, he wasn’t a particularly dominant skater, he looked better but not great in terms of physical strength in board battles, his passes were solid but unspectacular and all of that YouTube stuff that seemed so endemic to his game was absent today. Maybe he’ll get back to being more creative when he’s a little more comfortable, but for today—although it’s not a bad thing to be businesslike and just go to the damn net—he just tried to score.
Marek Tvrdon #60: Maybe the Slovaks were just “off” today. Tvrdon didn’t stand out at all. He’s still a getting-better-to-good skater with good hands, nice vision and a nice combination of a power forward’s mentality with some solid defensive responsibility, but he just didn’t look engaged.
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...g_off_on_the_/

xyzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Kamzik

Marek Tvrdon was 1+1 yesterday at Traverse City scrimmage, setting up a Martin Frk goal and then being set up by Frk himself. Tomas Jurco would later tie the game late after a Trevor Parks turnover. The game ended in a shootout where Jurco scored the lone goal for his team.

Here is a link to the Jurco shootout goal: http://videos.mlive.com/mlive/2012/0...otout_go.html#

Old
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Kamzik

A camera was placed on Jurco's helmet during practice:

You can view some of what was filmed, along with Tomas showing off some of his moves here: http://t.co/dZFc1whc

Old
07-19-2012, 02:26 AM
zorz

Michal Hlinka (WHL) on tryout in Pardubice.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Bojovnik

Send a message via MSN to Bojovnik
Roster for Ivan Hlinka announced:

Goaltenders:
Denis Godla (Birth year: 1995/Club: HK Spišská Nová Ves, Slovakia),
Juraj Halo (1995/HC Topoľčany, Slovakia),
Marek Mikoláš (1995/MsHK Žilina, Slovakia),

Defencemen
Patrik Bačik (1995/HC Slovan Bratislava, Slovakia),
Martin Boboš (1995/HC Košice, Slovakia),
Dávid Gál (1995/HC Nitra, Slovakia),
Matúš Holenda (1995/Dukla Trenčín, Slovakia),
Adam Kasanický (1995/Luleĺ HF, Sweden),
Peter Kuzma (1995/Dukla Trenčín, Slovakia),
Martin Pavlíček (1995/HC Nitra, Slovakia),
Adrián Sloboda (1996/HK 36 Skalica, Slovakia),
Michal Solár (1995/MsHK Žilina, Slovakia),

On reserve list:
Mário Ramaj (1995/HC ´05 Banská Bystrica, Slovakia),
Stanislav Tomko (1995/P.H.K. Prešov, Slovakia)

Forwards:
Martin Blaho (1995/Slovan Bratislava, Slovakia),
Peter Cehlárik (1995/Luleĺ HF, Sweden),
Kristián Horvát (1995/ P.H.K. Prešov, Slovakia),
Patrik Koyš (1995/Dukla Trenčín, Slovakia),
Róbert Lantoši (1995/MsHK Žilina, Slovakia),
Andrej Lištiak (1995/MHk Liptovský Mikuláš, Slovakia),
Matej Paulovič (1995/BK Färjestad, Sweden),
Martin Pleša (1995/HK 36 Skalica, Slovakia),
Dominik Rehák (1995/MsHK Žilina, Slovakia),
Martin Reway (1995/Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL, Canada),
Timotej Šille (1995/HK 36 Skalica, Slovakia),
Juraj Šiška (1996/HC Nitra, Slovakia),
Dávid Šoltés (1995/HC Košice, Slovakia),
Juraj Talán (1995/PSG Zlín, Czech Republic),
Tomáš Török (1995/Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL, Canada),
Róbert Varga (1995/HK Trnava, Slovakia),

On reserve list:
Šimon Beták (1995/HC Olomouc, Czech Republic),
Samuel Petráš (1995/HC Slovan Bratislava),

Bojovnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:14 AM
Bojovnik

A discussion piece on the CHL vs Domestic junior programs:

http://velvethockey.blogspot.co.uk/2...ic-junior.html

Old
07-27-2012, 07:32 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
A discussion piece on the CHL vs Domestic junior programs:

http://velvethockey.blogspot.co.uk/2...ic-junior.html
An interesting piece. The sentiment I agree the most with is that every case is individual. Yet there are some trends and problems.

There´s just no doubt that some of our players leae for CHL too early. Of course there will always be the Tomáš Jurčo´s who will succeed despite their young age, but there most probably will be a bigger group of those youngest players who won´t succeed. I mean the highest league some of these guys have played in is the Slovak U18 league and that´s one huge jump in competition level into the CHL. I definitely agree that 18 years old with Extraliga experience or at least full U20 Extraliga under their belt are more likely to succeed than the younger ones who lack this experience. And it´s not just about on ice, but also about off ice life. You mention Hossa as a player who played in CHL after Extraliga season, another examples that jump to my mind are Andrej Meszároš and (partly) Martin Marinčin.

The 2nd problem in my mind is that there are just players who are not good enough for the CHL making the jump. (which might be related to my first point about their age). And the thing is that it means that they only get minor minutes or don´t get to play at all. Choosing Swedish juniors or other European possibilities when leaving Slovakia has the advantage that if for example an U18 player is not good enough for the U20 league they can always send him down to the U18 league and he still gets to play.

Obviously having only players who are mature and good enough for the CHL would benefit both Slovak hockey (not losing the players who might have been something eventually had they not left early while the best would still get the opportunity to play at a higher level) and the CHL (I mean what´s the point of having import players who are no better than your own?).

However all in all right now I don´t think that the CHL, MHL or other European leagues departures are one of our main problems. Maybe once it could be argued that it deplets the home junior leagues of talent, however with things around the Extraliga standing as their are and the way the league will probably destroy any level of the junior league that there was (with all the junior aged players playing for men´s teams), it is hard to claim this.

But players leaving for leagues with good reputation for developing talent is one thing, players leaving for leagues like the GMHL with questionable reputation and level of play is a different matter IMO.

Old
08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Bojovnik

The U20's lost 3:1 to Switzerland in Germany today... Bruno Mráz scored the only goal for Slovakia

Old
08-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

G Jaroslav Janus (Norfolk Admirals) heading to Europe...

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:41 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
The U20's lost 3:1 to Switzerland in Germany today... Bruno Mráz scored the only goal for Slovakia
A 3-2 win over Germany today, goals scored by Matis, Hinďoš and Fujerík.

The team is missing several key players who will play at the WJC as Bokroš is currently concentrating on building the team for Slovak league. So it means no Gernát, Čerešňák or Tvrdoň. Daňo was in the nomination but didn´t travel to Germany as he played in Slovan´s preseason game tonight. No Richard Mráz either, not sure whether he´s still recovering from injury or because he is gonna play in the CHL (and therefore won´t play for Orange). Also no 1995 players probably because of pre MIH training camp.

Old
08-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
No Richard Mráz either, not sure whether he´s still recovering from injury or because he is gonna play in the CHL (and therefore won´t play for Orange).
both
definitely still recovering from surgery

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 10:09 AM
wings5

Nice article on Tvrdon http://www.vancouvergiants.com/artic...-the-spotlight

Old
10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
wings5

Tomas Torok traded from Sheerbrooke to Drummondville and scores a hat-trick yesterday.

Old
10-25-2012, 01:43 AM
slovakiasnextone

erm http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/clan...reprezentantov

Old
10-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Mathletic

what do you guys think of