HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2013 NHL Mock Draft - October

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 10:18 PM
  #1
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
2013 NHL Mock Draft - October

1.CBJ - F Nathan MacKinnon
2.FLA - D Seth Jones
3.PHX - F Alex Barkov
4.CGY - F Sean Monahan
5.EDM - D Ryan Pulock
6.TOR - F Elias Lindholm
7.MTL - F Jonathan Drouin
8.DAL - F Curtis Lazar
9.NYI - F Hunter Shinkaruk
10.AHM - D Rasmus Ristolainen
11.CAR - F Kerby Rychel
12.COL - F Adam Erne
13.NSH - F Max Domi
14.OTT - D Robert Hagg
15.NJD - G Zach Fucale
16.TBL - F Valeri Nichushkin
17.WPG - F Jacob De la rose
18.MIN - F Anthony Duclair
19.BUF - D Joshua Morrissey
20.SJ - D Darnell Nurse
21.DET - F William Carrier
22.PHI - D Nikita Zadorov
23.CBJ(from LA) - F Ryan Kujawinski
24.WSH - D Eric Roy
25.PIT - F Nick Sorensen
26.VAN - F Andre Burakovsky
27.CBJ(from NYR) - F Bo Horvat
28.CHI - G Eric Comrie
29.BOS - D Jordan Subban
30.STL - D Ian McCoshen

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:22 AM
  #2
OvechkinTooth
Registered User
 
OvechkinTooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: HopelessTown, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Nichushkin too low. This guy still will prove it on WJC-18 and -20.

OvechkinTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:04 AM
  #3
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvechkinTooth View Post
Nichushkin too low. This guy still will prove it on WJC-18 and -20.
Good size and great speed, but he hasn't produced all that well. Grigorenko was quite a bit better at the same age in my opinion and look how far Grigorenko fell. Nichushkin has shown less commitment than him to North America as well. Russian factor will be an even bigger factor for him.

WJC's will be a big part of his stock though, yes.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:15 AM
  #4
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvechkinTooth View Post
Nichushkin too low. This guy still will prove it on WJC-18 and -20.
Stop overrating Nichushkin, he doesn't deserve to be top 10 especially with the russian factor.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:18 AM
  #5
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Josh Morrissey needs to be in the 10-12 range and Kerby Rychel is too high.


Last edited by jhjhjhjhjhjh*: 10-26-2012 at 07:24 AM.
jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:29 AM
  #6
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Josh Morrissey needs to be in the 10-12 range and Kerby Rychel is too high.
He's a good d-man, but this a deep and very talented draft. He would have went top 10 in last years draft for sure though.

I love Kerby Rychel's complete game. Physical, two-way play and he's got a good shot.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:36 AM
  #7
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
He's a good d-man, but this a deep and very talented draft. He would have went top 10 in last years draft for sure though.

I love Kerby Rychel's complete game. Physical, two-way play and he's got a good shot.
Even if it is a very good draft I still think Morrissey deserves to be drafted high and at the end of the season I think he will go in that range.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:48 AM
  #8
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Also I don't think Jordan Subban will go in the first round, he's very skilled but his size is a huge issue.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 08:39 AM
  #9
OvechkinTooth
Registered User
 
OvechkinTooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: HopelessTown, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Stop overrating Nichushkin, he doesn't deserve to be top 10 especially with the russian factor.
He deserve to be in top-10 at least. Yes, russian factor is a big drawback but this is one of the few Valeri's drawbacks.

OvechkinTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
  #10
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Stop overrating Nichushkin, he doesn't deserve to be top 10 especially with the russian factor.
Nichushkin has better physical tools than Grigorenko and no attitude problems. If he were North American we would see comparisons of him to Rick Nash. I don't know about top 10, but he definitely justifies a selection anywhere between 7-13 in my mind.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
  #11
LeHabsMan
Registered User
 
LeHabsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Laval
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
I think Nichuskin is a bit low and Rychel is too high. Subban has great skill but is small for a defender so he will probably go in the 2nd. Anthony Mantha is a very good prospect that should go in the first.

1. Columbus: Nathan MacKinnon
2. Toronto: Seth Jones
3. Phoenix: Alex Barkov
4. Florida: Sean Monahan
5. Calgary: Hunter Shinkaruk
6. Anaheim: Elias Lindholm
7. New York I: Ryan Pulock
8. Edmonton: Rasmus Ristolainen
9. Montreal: Jonathan Drouin
10. Colorado: Adam Erne
11. New Jersey: Curtis Lazar
12. Nashville: Robert Hagg
13. Winnepeg: Valeri Nichuskin
14. Buffalo: Max Domi
15. Ottawa: Darnell Nurse
16. Dallas: Josh Morrisey
17. Carolina: Jacob De La Rose
18. Detroit: Kerby Rychel
19. Minnesota: Anthony Duclair
20. Tampa Bay: Nikita Zadorov
21. Philadelphia: Zach Fucale
22. San Jose: Andre Burakovsky
23. Vancouver: William Carrier
24. Pittsburgh: Arturri Lekhonen
25. Boston: Ryan Kujawinski
26. Columbus*: Steve Santini
27. Washington: Eric Roy
28. Chicago: Eric Comrie
29. St. Louis: Anthony Mantha
30. Columbus*: JT Compher

Sorensen and McCoshen can fall out of the 1st round too.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
  #12
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,224
vCash: 69
While I like Ristolainen, adding him would give us an overload of defensemen. We can make a top 6 just with our top young defenders that's without any of our established NHLers. I think Ducks would take Domi there.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
  #13
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Also I don't think Jordan Subban will go in the first round, he's very skilled but his size is a huge issue.
5'9" isn't that bad. We'll see though.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:38 PM
  #14
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Nichushkin has better physical tools than Grigorenko and no attitude problems. If he were North American we would see comparisons of him to Rick Nash. I don't know about top 10, but he definitely justifies a selection anywhere between 7-13 in my mind.
Tarasenko and Kuznetsov are arguably both better at the same age than Nichushkin and look where they fell to. Grigorenko probably would have fell even more had he stayed in Russia. Some kind of Commitment is better than none.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:42 PM
  #15
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
While I like Ristolainen, adding him would give us an overload of defensemen. We can make a top 6 just with our top young defenders that's without any of our established NHLers. I think Ducks would take Domi there.
I believe in Peter Holland being a good #2 center. Fowler, Lindholm are good for the future, but I think Ristolainen gives them something different and needed on the team.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
  #16
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
5'9" isn't that bad. We'll see though.
5'9 is very small...especially for a defender.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
  #17
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,224
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
I believe in Peter Holland being a good #2 center. Fowler, Lindholm are good for the future, but I think Ristolainen gives them something different and needed on the team.
Holland can be good but I doubt he can cross the 50 point threshold. The prospect of a Fowler-Sbisa, Ristolainen-Vatanen, Lindholm-Clark/Welinski blueline is simply orgasmic, but I think center depth is more important and Domi can give it to us. The blueline is solid without the addition of Rasmus.

I wouldn't be upset if we picked him, I'd just know we had a better option. Just my opinion.

Also where's Gauthier?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
  #18
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Holland can be good but I doubt he can cross the 50 point threshold. The prospect of a Fowler-Sbisa, Ristolainen-Vatanen, Lindholm-Clark/Welinski blueline is simply orgasmic, but I think center depth is more important and Domi can give it to us. The blueline is solid without the addition of Rasmus.

I wouldn't be upset if we picked him, I'd just know we had a better option. Just my opinion.

Also where's Gauthier?
I respect your opinion.

I'm going to wait to see if Gauthier and Mantha can keep up the high production cause before the start of the season they weren't that highly regarded, so it should be based on more than 15-ish games. Gauthier's production is already slowly going down too. Amazing draft too, so it's hard to have everyone. Really makes up for the weak 2012 class.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
  #19
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
5'9 is very small...especially for a defender.
Yeah, but we've seen 5'6" and 5'7" forwards too.
Ryan Ellis and Ryan Murphy(while quite a bit better than J.Subban) are barely bigger than him.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 09:33 PM
  #20
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,627
vCash: 500
Nichushkin would be selected top 10 no doubt if he came to the CHL, but due to him signing in Russia he will probably drop out of the mix. He will be playing in the Canada- Russia series, and possibly the World Juniors so people will get to watch him fairly soon.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:06 AM
  #21
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Nichushkin would be selected top 10 no doubt if he came to the CHL, but due to him signing in Russia he will probably drop out of the mix. He will be playing in the Canada- Russia series, and possibly the World Juniors so people will get to watch him fairly soon.
I say Grigorenko was better at the same age. If Grigorenko can fall to 12, even with playing in North America, I can only imagine Nichushkin.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  #22
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,224
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Yeah, but we've seen 5'6" and 5'7" forwards too.
Ryan Ellis and Ryan Murphy(while quite a bit better than J.Subban) are barely bigger than him.
Sami Vatanen was about 5'9 when drafted and he looks like he deserves a top 4 spot in the NHL.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:18 PM
  #23
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
I say Grigorenko was better at the same age. If Grigorenko can fall to 12, even with playing in North America, I can only imagine Nichushkin.
The key to Grigorenko's fall was the character concerns, not the talent issues.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
  #24
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Can you explain the draft order?

In a season that is not played don't they determine the order with a lottery? Non playoff teams get up to 3 entries, playoff teams 1?

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:17 PM
  #25
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
The key to Grigorenko's fall was the character concerns, not the talent issues.
I never said it was his talent that made him fall. I said he is better than Nichushkin and Nichushkin likely won't go higher than Grigorenko did.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.