*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Renegader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
My thoughts exactly.... and from what I've heard, they liked what they saw from M. Cram..
What about Berisha? All this guy has done is perform and do everything asked of him, yet he sits again last night.

The answer is simple. 19 year old Simmonds is eating up that 4th line roster spot and is hurting the development of these young players.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:57 PM
jdan1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
What about Berisha? All this guy has done is perform and do everything asked of him, yet he sits again last night.

The answer is simple. 19 year old Simmonds is eating up that 4th line roster spot and is hurting the development of these young players.
Both of them are in the line up tonight

Old
10-19-2012, 10:16 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
Both of them are in the line up tonight
What, 3 shifts in 2 periods for those two? Simmonds at least gets PK to keep legs warm. If it were a home game then they at least would've stayed on the ice after the game and skated hard for 30-40 minutes like the rookies usually do past several years. Look on the bright side, their gear will last all season and maybe they might finish with the same stick they started the season out with? Lol! Now scratch those 2 and bring in Carnie and Heff and watch them sit. One question I have for real Bulls fans: does anyone recall seeing Carnevale or Lemmon on any Powerplay last year at all? If so was it first half or 2nd half of the season. Someone mentioned Carnie had zero and that Lemmon seen the odd few seconds a few times.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:34 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
One question I have for real Bulls fans: does anyone recall seeing Carnevale or Lemmon on any Powerplay last year at all? If so was it first half or 2nd half of the season. Someone mentioned Carnie had zero and that Lemmon seen the odd few seconds a few times.
I can't recall either getting any PP time, but I would hope Carnevale would see the powerplay over Lemmon. Carnevale has flashed a bit of offensive potential in camp and exhibition play, while Lemmon has never shown any offense at this level.

Old
10-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Renegader

Ouch... Captain Gaunce out 3 - 6 weeks with a separated shoulder. That's a big blow for the Bulls. It will give another youngster more ice time though.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I can't recall either getting any PP time, but I would hope Carnevale would see the powerplay over Lemmon. Carnevale has flashed a bit of offensive potential in camp and exhibition play, while Lemmon has never shown any offense at this level.
I totally agree with you. Lemmon is a feisty player, but he has shown very limited offense. I was happy to see him get traded.

Now I have my eyes on Worrad. He makes a lot of mistakes (not to mention Silas, probably the Bulls most overrated player) but he still has potential. Just a week or so ago, he posted that 3 assist game, he looked good. It seems like he comes out to play every other night.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:13 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I see the Sting aquired Alex Carnevale for a 5th rd 2013.His stats dont look good.What should we expect.thanks

Old
10-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Lyons89

I thought Carnevale has been good when he has been able to play. Burnett limited his playing time to 4th line almost every night. I always liked him as a player though

Old
10-27-2012, 09:53 PM
brahmabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
I see the Sting aquired Alex Carnevale for a 5th rd 2013.His stats dont look good.What should we expect.thanks
Good skater, plays a sandpaper style game showed some decent progress last year but saw limited time on a vetern team this year that has too many young players trying to fill few spots. He was a third round pick in last years draft so the Bulls are trading down a couple rounds. He's not going to score you a ton of goals this year but your not going to be disapointed with the effort.

Old
10-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Yeah, don't expect too much from Carnevale. He's a good skater and hustles, but he just doesn't have that offensive punch. I guess if Sarnia gives him the ice time and right linemates he could progress to becoming a better offensive player.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Renegader

This trade does nothing to fix the problems in Belleville. Namely scoring. It's been the same problem for the last 4 years. They can't keep winning 1-0 and 2-1 and expect to make it far. Subban can only do so much.

They have 33 goals for and 30 against. Yes their goals against is spectacular, but their goals for is dead last in the OHL. If they can ever score more than 2 goals a game, this team can do some real damage.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:51 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
This trade does nothing to fix the problems in Belleville. Namely scoring. It's been the same problem for the last 4 years. They can't keep winning 1-0 and 2-1 and expect to make it far. Subban can only do so much.

They have 33 goals for and 30 against. Yes their goals against is spectacular, but their goals for is dead last in the OHL. If they can ever score more than 2 goals a game, this team can do some real damage.
Well, if you play to death the same guys that haven't been scoring for the past few years AND continue to play a very defensive game to boot then you will continue to get the same results. The 'exciting' more open game everyone has been hearing about for this game has still not been implemented. Maybe mix things up large and open it up for just 2 or 3 games and see what you got.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Alex is a good prospect but between being scratched last year and this year wasn't the biggest problem he faced it was the role and minutes he played. No Powerplay or Penalty kill and 0-3 shifts per period is not going to give you much of a chance to produce points let alone any sweat. I recall a game last year where I believe he had 3 shifts through the half-way point of the game and Bulls were losing by a few goals at that point and he never seen another shift for the remainder of the game.

He has offensive capabilities and is a smart playmaker and I think anywhere he's given a real opportunity he'll be an asset. Let's hope for his sake Sarnia is that place.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:12 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Alex is a good prospect but between being scratched last year and this year wasn't the biggest problem he faced it was the role and minutes he played. No Powerplay or Penalty kill and 0-3 shifts per period is not going to give you much of a chance to produce points let alone any sweat. I recall a game last year where I believe he had 3 shifts through the half-way point of the game and Bulls were losing by a few goals at that point and he never seen another shift for the remainder of the game.

He has offensive capabilities and is a smart playmaker and I think anywhere he's given a real opportunity he'll be an asset. Let's hope for his sake Sarnia is that place.
Thanks to all who responded about Alex

Old
11-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:

I'm not too concerned about scoring goals. I guarantee you they won't be last in goals for by the end of the season, they won't even be in the bottom five. Not only have they played the least amount of games in the OHL (at this point most teams have played at least 3 more games then them, not one team has played the same or less) but an offensive style game is just not the type of game they've been playing recently under Burnett. They are a really defensive-minded team, and nothing is wrong with this. They've built around size - only two guys on their roster right now are under 6 feet tall, and they just simply play a physical and defensive-styled game.

It's working for them too, even considering that they've played the least amount of games in the OHL, they are still 2nd in their division and 4th in the east. (8-4-1)
I don't think they need to change anything, they are doing absolutely fine as it is. They got a lot of guys who can score, and they're playing under a great defensive strategy, one of the best in the league.

I'm looking forward to a good playoff run this year.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
I'm not too concerned about scoring goals. I guarantee you they won't be last in goals for by the end of the season, they won't even be in the bottom five. Not only have they played the least amount of games in the OHL (at this point most teams have played at least 3 more games then them, not one team has played the same or less) but an offensive style game is just not the type of game they've been playing recently under Burnett. They are a really defensive-minded team, and nothing is wrong with this. They've built around size - only two guys on their roster right now are under 6 feet tall, and they just simply play a physical and defensive-styled game.

It's working for them too, even considering that they've played the least amount of games in the OHL, they are still 2nd in their division and 4th in the east. (8-4-1)
I don't think they need to change anything, they are doing absolutely fine as it is. They got a lot of guys who can score, and they're playing under a great defensive strategy, one of the best in the league.

The guys that play the big minutes haven't for the most part put up any solid numbers for years and any of the new guys won't really be getting the shot to do something until next year or the following year so you're basically left with nothing else but to continue to play ultra defensive hockey. We know much was said about playing a more open and exciting system but it won't be this year again. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against London who tends to like to score goals.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
BrianA

Quote:

They may have discovered the cure for insomnia.Winning is more exciting when more than 4 total goals are scored.1-0 games are like watching a chess game.Wake me up when it is over.
George claims they are playing a more physical game but it appears to sporadic and for most games they will not or are unable to go hard to the front of the net.Powerplays are spent on the outside and on the occasion they accidently end up in front of the net,they often score.HINT!!!

Old
11-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
They may have discovered the cure for insomnia.Winning is more exciting when more than 4 total goals are scored.1-0 games are like watching a chess game.Wake me up when it is over.
George claims they are playing a more physical game but it appears to sporadic and for most games they will not or are unable to go hard to the front of the net.Powerplays are spent on the outside and on the occasion they accidently end up in front of the net,they often score.HINT!!!
Well it's too bad that you don't enjoy watching the low scoring games, I'll tell you one thing, as a TRUE Bulls fan I love watching them play and win regardless of how many goals they score.

It doesn't matter how they are getting the wins; they are winning and that's all that matters. They have a good style of play and I think their powerplays are played fine and they get plenty of chances around and in front of the net.

Too bad people can't enjoy their games just because some of them are low scoring

Old
11-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Bulls just dropped tonights game in London 4-3 in overtime. Zharkov had a couple great goals though. One worth checking out.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:43 AM
BrianA

Quote:
Well it's too bad that you don't enjoy watching the low scoring games, I'll tell you one thing, as a TRUE Bulls fan I love watching them play and win regardless of how many goals they score.

It doesn't matter how they are getting the wins; they are winning and that's all that matters. They have a good style of play and I think their powerplays are played fine and they get plenty of chances around and in front of the net.

Too bad people can't enjoy their games just because some of them are low scoring
Hockey or any sport are suppose to entertain.Most nights the Bulls do not.It does matter how they win because the only people coming out are season ticket holders and the niavely loyal.If the Bulls are to stay in Belleville long term they need new fans and this BORING hockey will not do it.
By some low scoring games I assume you mean the majority.
I also assume you are being facetious about the miserable PP.With the talent they have the PP should be top 5 in the league.A good PP can be momentum changers but to often the other team gains the advantage after a Bull PP.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Hockey or any sport are suppose to entertain.Most nights the Bulls do not.It does matter how they win because the only people coming out are season ticket holders and the niavely loyal.If the Bulls are to stay in Belleville long term they need new fans and this BORING hockey will not do it.
By some low scoring games I assume you mean the majority.
I also assume you are being facetious about the miserable PP.With the talent they have the PP should be top 5 in the league.A good PP can be momentum changers but to often the other team gains the advantage after a Bull PP.
Well that's just not my opinion, and any night I go to watch the Bulls is a fun and entertaining night for me. For the organization, I would also say a win is a win, it doesn't matter how it's done. If it doesn't satisfy some fans then oh well.

I'm not worried about the powerplay I think they do well and it'll only get better for them as the season rolls on. They have the verve.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:20 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Well that's just not my opinion, and any night I go to watch the Bulls is a fun and entertaining night for me. For the organization, I would also say a win is a win, it doesn't matter how it's done. If it doesn't satisfy some fans then oh well.

I'm not worried about the powerplay I think they do well and it'll only get better for them as the season rolls on. They have the verve.
I agree a win is a win and who cares how pretty it is. I find it a little funny when I read all these negative comments against winning teams. I have been a season ticket holder for the Otters for 12 seasons now . I will take a win any way they can get one.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I agree a win is a win and who cares how pretty it is. I find it a little funny when I read all these negative comments against winning teams. I have been a season ticket holder for the Otters for 12 seasons now . I will take a win any way they can get one.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I guess for you, being able to watch McDavid kind of makes up for it . I'm looking forward to watching him play here in February.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
BrianA

All this talent and the only reason and I repeat only reason they have a couple more wins than losses is Malcolm.They need to stop trapping after getting a lead.It is a waste of talent and if Malcom or Charlie are not perfect they lose anyway. if you really like boring over losing then go watch chess.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:39 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I guess for you, being able to watch McDavid kind of makes up for it . I'm looking forward to watching him play here in February.
McDavid is absolutely phenomenal, everything people have said about him is true. I can see based upon last night though he is getting frustrated with losing night in and night out and I cant blame him. Erie needs to do something quick to turn this season around, I know they wont be competing for the title this year but it would be nice to get into the playoffs. Imagine how bad this team would be if McDavid wants out after this season.

Closed Thread