HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 06:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Oil Kings game on NHL Network right now. So pumped. I'm going to watch it after the missus has fallen asleep. I think i might have to over pour her wine with dinner. Haha. Is that wrong?

10-13-2012, 06:47 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Oil Kings game on NHL Network right now. So pumped. I'm going to watch it after the missus has fallen asleep. I think i might have to over pour her wine with dinner. Haha. Is that wrong?
Of course it isn't. This impulse--your wish that she enjoy sufficient drink as to produce strong feelings, not of sensuality, but of somnolence--is all part of the transition to married life.

(I should know, having recently made my escape from that institution; indeed, my skin still bears certain impressions left by the electrodes. The gays are more than welcome to it, so far as I'm concerned.)

Old
10-14-2012, 12:10 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Samuelsson also had a nice goal in the shoot out.

The Knights/Otters game is on NHLN next Friday. One CHL game a week might actually help ke get through this damned lock out.

I'm very excited to see how Max Domi looks at a reported 5'10 195lbs. Tie was only supposed to have been 5'10 210lbs in his prime. Max's game does not seem to be adversely effected by the added el bees given that he's putting up nearly two points a game this season. Wow, did I mention this draft is stacked with forwards? This kid isn't even supposed to be a top ten pick. Haha.

Last edited by rt: 10-14-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old
10-15-2012, 05:23 PM
OOEEL

News: As reported, Medicine Hat shipped Kale Kessy to the Vancouver Giants, splitting up the Coyotes contingency of Langhamer, Kessy, and camp invite Miles Koules.

Updates!

Wednesday:

Henrik Samuelsson went up against Marek Langhamer, with the 1st rounder coming out on top. Edmonton beat Medicine Hat 4-2, with Henrik scoring a shorthanded goal and Marek giving up 4 on 21 shots for the loss.

James Melindy picked up a power play assist in Moncton's 5-1 loss to Halifax. He finished a -1.

Justin Haché got an assist as well though Cape Breton fell 7-2 to Val-d'Or. Opposite of James, Justin finished a +1.

Thursday

Windsor crushed Soo 7-4 in a game where Andrew Fritsch didn't register any points.

Friday

As reported on here, Calgary and Edmonton faced off on a game that was shown on the NHL Network. Calgary won 5-4 in OT, though Henrik Samuelsson picked up 2 goals and an assist.

Moncton bounced back with a 4-3 win over Val-d'Or. James Melindy didn't record any points and finished even.

Lucas Lessio grabbed another goal and assist in a 4-3 shootout loss for the Generals to Barrie.

Saturday

Marek Langhamer, after losing Wednesday and sitting Medicine Hat's next start, got back in the win column as the tigers won 7-2 over Prince George. Marek made 28 of 30 saves.

Oshawa, after falling in a shootout the night before, fell in regulation 4-1 to Belleville. Lucas was held scoreless.

Andrew Fritsch came up huge for the Greyhounds, scoring a goal late in the 1st to open Soo's scoring, and then picked up the game winner in OT for his second goal on the night.

Despite the 4-3 win, Connor Murphy didn't record any points and was a -2.

Sunday

Marek's up and down play continued as he gave up 6 goals in a 6-3 loss to Saskatoon. He stopped 27 of 33 shots on the night.

Cape Breton and Moncton both fell, The Screaming Eagles to Acadie-Bathurst 5-2 and the Wildcats 3-2 to Rouyn-Noranda. Justin Haché got an assist in a -2 effort and James Melindy was a -1 while being scoreless.

Lucas Lessio was scoreless for a second straight game, but Oshawa came out on top of London 5-3.

Andrew Fristch picked up his third goal in two games in a 3-1 loss to Connor Murphy's Sarnia Sting. Connor was a +1 in a pointless performance.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
News: As reported, Medicine Hat shipped Kale Kessy to the Vancouver Giants, splitting up the Coyotes contingency of Langhamer, Kessy, and camp invite Miles Koules....
Another great update. Thanks!

Old
10-16-2012, 04:55 PM
OOEEL

No problem!

No games to report on, but there was some news today.

James Melindy named to Team QMJHL, which will compete against Team Russia in the 2012 Subway Super Series November 5th through the 15th. No word on the OHL or WHL teams yet, though Lucas Lessio made the team last year, so I feel like he has the inside track for a roster spot again this year(note: I say that knowing absolutely NOTHING about this competition haha). I'll let you guys know when the rosters are announced.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:43 AM
OOEEL

More news!

Medicine Hat traded for overage goalie Cam Lanigan today, putting them at three goalies between Lanigan, Langhamer, and MacAuley. On twitter I asked Shaw TV Sports host Dave Dawson what the move means for Marek and Dawson, and he said:

Quote:
@DaveDawson7: Tough call. It would be a bold move to cut Marek loose. No way they let go of Dawson I would guess. He's their 2013 starter.
So as that situation plays its way out I'll let you guys know what's up.

Updates:

Henrik picked up a goal and 4PIM in a 5-4 shootout loss to Kamloops. His penalties were for interference and roughing, so it sounds like just another day at the office for Ulfie's boy. He was also stopped in the shootout, for those curious.

Moncton and Cape Breton both went to OT today, Moncton coming out of their game with two points while Cape Breton only got one. James Melindy finished pointless but as a +1 in the Wildcats' 4-3 win over Acadie-Bathurst, while Justin Haché picked up an assist in a -3 performance for the Screaming Eagles who fell 6-5 to Sherbrooke.

And finally, Andrew Fritsch picked up a power play assist in the Soo Greyhounds' 3-1 win over Sudbury in the only game on the OHL slate for today.

EDIT: Medicine Hat announced today (Thursday the 18th) that they're sending Dawson Macauley down to the SJHL, meaning Marek will stay on the roster along with recent acquisition Cam Lanigan

Last edited by OOEEL: 10-18-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 02:06 AM
OOEEL

News: As I predicted, Lucas Lessio was named to Team OHL in the Subway Super Series, but there's now questions about whether the Generals' dynamic forward will be able to play in the international challenge. Lucas left Sunday's game just 15 seconds in with what appeared to be a hand injury and he's now out with no timetable announced for his return. I'll keep you posted when I hear more.

Connor Murphy was snubbed, which I think is interesting considering the glowing praise we've got about him so far. Nothing yet on the WHL front.

Kale Kessy is eligible to make his WHL return and Vancouver Giants debut this Friday against Victoria

James Melindy and the Moncton Wildcats are the NHL Network's CHL Game of the Week this Friday night. The Cats take on the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada at 4pm, with replays being shown right after, as well as at noon on Saturday. Be sure to tune or set your DVRs!

Updates:

Thursday, 18th

Connor Murphy was a +1 in a scoreless night as the Sting fell 5-3 to Mississauga.

Andrew Fritsch was scoreless as well in a game the Greyhounds also lost 5-3 to Belleville.

Friday, 19th
Henrik Samuelsson picked up a power play assist in a Oil Kings 5-1 routing of Moose Jaw.

James Melindy managed to finish even despite the 5-0 drumming that PEI put on Moncton. He also dropped the gloves as well as picking up 3 minors.

Justin Haché finished a -1 in a 5-1 loss for Cape Breton to Acadie-Bathurst

Lucas Lessio picked up another power play goal though Oshawa fell 6-2 to Kitchener.

Connor Murphy notched a power play assist in a 6-3 loss to Guelph in a game where six of the nine goals were scored on the power play. Connor finished a -1 on the night.

Saturday, 20th
Henrik Samuelsson notched the primary assist on the game winning goal as Edmonton scored 4 straight(one empty netter) to beat Medicine Hat 4-2 in a game that saw Cam Lanigan make his Tigers debut in net.

Lucas Lessio was scoreless in a 2-1 win for Oshawa over Owen Sound.

Connor Murphy was kept completely off the score sheet as Sarnia fell 5-3 to Kitchener.

Sunday, 21st

Cape Breton and Moncton both exploded for 5 goals in wins. James Melindy finished a scoreless -1 in the Wildcats' 5-3 win over Sherbrooke, and Justin Haché was a scoreless +1 in the Eagles' 5-4 win over Rimouski

The Soo Greyhounds got absolutely pasted by Guelph, 7-1. Andrew Fritsch didn't equate into the lone goal for his side.

As mentioned at the top, Lucas got hurt early in the Generals' 4-2 loss to Plymouth.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:38 AM
OOEEL

And heck, while I'm at it here's an updated score line for all our prospects!

Henrik Samuelsson
13GP 6G 8A +1 23PIM

Kale Kessy
2GP 2G 0A +1 17PIM (Currently serving 12 game suspension)

Marek Langhamer
3-4-1 .874 SV% 3.44 GAA

Justin Haché
14GP 0G 7A -8 6PIM

James Melindy
13GP 0G 2A -8 21PIM

Lucas Lessio
13GP 7G 6A 0 22PIM

Connor Murphy
11GP 1G 2A -4 14PIM

Andrew Fritsch
13GP 5G 5A +1 0PIM

AND! I'm feeling generous, here's the stats for our college prospects. Are there any others besides Zac, Hunter, and Rhett?

Zac Larraza
2GP 1G 2A +3 2PIM

Hunter Fejes
4G 0G 2A +2 4PIM

Rhett Holland
2G 0G 0A 0 15PIM

Old
10-25-2012, 07:37 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Connor Murphy was snubbed, which I think is interesting considering the glowing praise we've got about him so far. Nothing yet on the WHL front.
Isn't it Canadians only?

Old
10-25-2012, 10:06 AM
OOEEL

Is it? That would make sense. I just thought it was anyone playing in that league. This is my first season really following the CHL so if that is the case that's good to know going forward

Old
10-25-2012, 10:53 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Is it? That would make sense. I just thought it was anyone playing in that league. This is my first season really following the CHL so if that is the case that's good to know going forward
I'm pretty sure it's a Canada-Russia thing. I could be wrong though.Can't be bothered to look it up

Old
10-25-2012, 12:35 PM
OOEEL

Majorly bad news: Diagnosis of Lucas Lessio's injury from Sunday came out from Bob Mckenzie. Lucas had a tendon in his hand cut by a skate and will require surgery, could be out for up to three months.

EDIT: And also, almost certain the Super Series is a Canadian only thing now, WHL rosters was announced and there was no Henrik Samuelsson to be seen. I guess Hockey Canada uses them as kinda camps to start figuring out their WJC rosters, according to the article the WHL posted today.

Last edited by OOEEL: 10-25-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old
10-26-2012, 02:46 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Majorly bad news: Diagnosis of Lucas Lessio's injury from Sunday came out from Bob Mckenzie. Lucas had a tendon in his hand cut by a skate and will require surgery, could be out for up to three months.

EDIT: And also, almost certain the Super Series is a Canadian only thing now, WHL rosters was announced and there was no Henrik Samuelsson to be seen. I guess Hockey Canada uses them as kinda camps to start figuring out their WJC rosters, according to the article the WHL posted today.
Shoot. He was a lock for the World Junior team. That's harsh news.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:29 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

So I'm watching this UAA v UND game on FCS. Man the picture is

Worse than the AZTV days for the Coyotes. Your average pirate internet feed is better.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Melindy/Moncton on NHL Network.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:14 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Solid outing by Melindy. Pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Quiet, steady game. Made a couple of brilliant decisions and a couple of awful ones, but mostly a smooth, solid game. He's a good skater with a great stick check, pretty good passing, and some smarts. I was a little surprised by how eager he is to get his nose dirty in the after whistle scrums. He doesn't seem like a physical player but boy does he like to mix it up after the whistle. Haha. Damnedest thing. I really cant think of another player like that. During the play, Lady Byng, but after the whistle, Claude Lemieux. Haha.

Also, QMJHL officiating is easily the worst in the CHL.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:25 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Also watched the London game. Max Domi is a Ladislav Nagy clone. He's the exact same player in every way.

I still don't get the Bo Horvat hype at all.

I also have mixed feelings on Curtis Lazar, having now seen a handful of his games. They compare him to Doan and Owen Nolan. He's not in that universe. Doan is so big and so strong. He's a total freight train. Lazar will always be average size and average strength. If Owen Nolan played in today's NHL, he'd be considered the dirtiest, most hated player in the league. Guy was straight up violent and in a malicious, psychotic kind of way. Lazar hustles and all, and plays a high energy game, but I've never seen him throw a big hit or even get his blood up. He seems completely non violent to me. Which is totally fine. He doesnt need to be a power forward. Hell, he SHOULDN'T be a power forward. I JUST don't like the comparisons that are made.

To me, he's much more similar to a Dan Cleary or Patrick Sharp type. Very good skater, always hustles, very good defensively, gritty game, and lives and dies by his shot. He's like Boyd Gordon who shoots the puck like Kyle Turris. Honestly, Lazar might have a top five quality shot in just about any draft. It's a laser. In that way, he's exactly like Owen Nolan. However, from what I've seen, it is really his only offensive weapon other than hard work and a willingness to pay the price.

I don't mean to take anything away from him. Boyd Gordon with a Turris wrister is still a top ten draft pick, in my opinion. I'd LOVE to draft Lazar if we are lucky enough to get a bingo ball in the 5-15 range.

Last edited by rt: 10-27-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old
10-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Solid outing by Melindy. Pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Quiet, steady game. Made a couple of brilliant decisions and a couple of awful ones, but mostly a smooth, solid game. He's a good skater with a great stick check, pretty good passing, and some smarts. I was a little surprised by how eager he is to get his nose dirty in the after whistle scrums. He doesn't seem like a physical player but boy does he like to mix it up after the whistle. Haha. Damnedest thing. I really cant think of another player like that. During the play, Lady Byng, but after the whistle, Claude Lemieux. Haha.
Yandle's a bit like that..

Old
10-27-2012, 01:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Shoot. He was a lock for the World Junior team. That's harsh news.
In further sucky news, the Generals are on tv Friday. Could've seen him, now we won't. At least we will get to see how Boone Jenner's skating is coming along.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Old
10-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Kaizen

Blondie was definitely more into Hank's buddy than Hank. She kept licking her lips

Was up wid dat?

Old
10-27-2012, 07:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
Blondie was definitely more into Hank's buddy than Hank. She kept licking her lips

Was up wid dat?
Thats Igor Larionov's daughter and apparently "the professor" failed to pass down some conventional wisdom to his child like, "Don't chew gum when conducting an on camera interview".
Anyway, Brady Skjei might be better looking than our toe headed Nordic friend, but I'd say Hank is the funnier of the two and the one most likely to have a long and effective NHL career.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Kaizen

Definitely better at playing the homour card, no doubt.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Just finished watching the Guelph v Oshawa game. No Lessio, no Laughton, and a bit of a gyp. Boone Jenner'e skating looks way, way more effective than I last saw. He still shuffles around awkwardly but he has really nixed the happy feet routine which has helped him tremmendously. Not nearly the wasted movement, nor the over commitment that got him behind the play so frequently. He's using his edges much more effectively, too. Still a slow skater with an UGLY stride, but a much, much, much smarter skater. His shot looks good, but his constant beaver tailing kind of drives me nuts. He is leading his league in scoring, though, so i guess I can't hate. He's an NHL player, for sure. No doubt.

Closed Thread