Schalkenullvier*

vCash: 500
Please not Holtby

Old
10-27-2012, 06:59 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Liverpool keep on being linked with Pohjanpalo and he would like to go there at some point

I think a Dutch or German team would be best option right now

and Neil Lennon has said Wanyama is worth £25 million which is pretty funny

Old
10-27-2012, 07:11 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Any chance of a Kaka move ?

Old
10-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Liverpool keep on being linked with Pohjanpalo and he would like to go there at some point

Pohjanpalo would be a nice option for Liverpool but the best thing for us right now would be to buy an experienced striker. That being said, it would just bolster our front options over the long term, so I couldn't complain

Old
10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
In the Telegraph's match preview for the Merseyside Derby it says Liverpool are going to look at Lewis Holtby and Walcott in the January window, perhaps on pre-contracts for free moves in the summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...rad-Jones.html
Also mentions our interest in Sturridge too.

Love Holtby, great talent, but would we be able to consistently give him playing time with the likes of Shelvey, Allen, Lucas, Suso(a better CM than winger) and probably Sahin being on the squad and none of those guys are old or anything. I know Holtby is super versatile, and really really talented, but I'm not sure he's needed right now.

Striker needs to be our priority, and realistically I hope we buy 2.

10-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Theon
Registered Hobbit

Lots of rumors floating around of Sir Alex buying a defender in January. The most interesting names are Mats Hummels and Benny Howedes.

Hummels will be expensive but without a doubt will be a great replacement for Rio. Sir Alex doesn't seem too keen on bringing in players in January, but the last time he bought two defenders during the winter, they turned out pretty great so I'm hoping he does it again.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Well I don't know about the money... but Holtby shouldn't sign with an inferior side that has an even lower chance of winning a championship (even if that championship would mean more). Damn english father lol.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

After Sahin leaves we'll only have four midfielders (five if you count Suso). I think Holtby would play a lot and I don't think we're that far off from being successful over the next few years, but we need to be patient and not pressure our 17-19 year old players too much.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Schalkenullvier*

well still the advantages Liverpool have over Schalke are money and the fact that they are english, let's see that he values most.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Wasn't Holtby an Everton fan when he was younger? (Or Arsenal, not sure, I remember reading an article about it)

If SAF gets Hummels, i'm shooting my right leg. One of the best defenders out there, and he's only 23 years old. Howdes would be a more realistic target IMO, and is really really solid.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:14 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Also mentions our interest in Sturridge too.

Love Holtby, great talent, but would we be able to consistently give him playing time with the likes of Shelvey, Allen, Lucas, Suso(a better CM than winger) and probably Sahin being on the squad and none of those guys are old or anything. I know Holtby is super versatile, and really really talented, but I'm not sure he's needed right now.

Striker needs to be our priority, and realistically I hope we buy 2.
Sahin's the only one of those guys that's actually better than Holtby, and he'll be gone next summer when they'd realistically be looking to bring Lewis in. I'm big fan of Allen and Suso's talent, and Lucas is a fantastic holder, but once he settled in Holtby would be the best of the bunch, of this I have no question. Draxler may surpass him one day and Farfan's a beast, but Holtby's the best player on a Schalke team that's very strong right now and offers him CL football.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:01 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Newcastle rumored to be "looking at " 7 defenders in January.

Could be too late by then.

But maybe thats why i also read about Aliadiere (sp). Hadnt heard that name in a while for probably good reason and Im not sure why Newcastle would be interested in him.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Wasn't Holtby an Everton fan when he was younger?
He was/is an Everton fan, same as his dad. He's had a few interviews in the past where he's said that he'd love to play for them.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Evilo

vCash: 632
Lyon is looking to sell again this winter.
Bastos is #1 on the selling list.

Old
10-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Hummels will be expensive but without a doubt will be a great replacement for Rio. Sir Alex doesn't seem too keen on bringing in players in January, but the last time he bought two defenders during the winter, they turned out pretty great so I'm hoping he does it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
If SAF gets Hummels, i'm shooting my right leg. One of the best defenders out there, and he's only 23 years old. Howdes would be a more realistic target IMO, and is really really solid.
I think there's no chance Hummels is available this winter, regardless of the price. Still many years on his contract, still happy there and Dortmund has no financial urgency. I think the earliest he might feel it's time for a change will be summer 2014.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:58 AM
AlMo

-Barca are after N'Koulou (fichajes.net)

-Santos and Barca have failed to reach an agreement on Neymar (Santos website)

-Atletico could target Chicharito as a Falcao replacement (punto pelota)

Old
10-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I will believe Wenger has 35 to spend when he actually does.

Few other LFC rumors saying they're watching Eriksen, but doubtful to get him IMO unless they fall out of the CL.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:00 AM
ScottishCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post

I think that realistically we can get £12-15 million for him.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Hummel's to Man U would be absolutely devastating as a Dortmund Supporter. The hatred flows quite well for that team.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:34 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Hummel's to Man U would be absolutely devastating as a Dortmund Supporter. The hatred flows quite well for that team.
I wouldnt worry about Hummels until after the WC. Lewa I could see leave, but not Hummels, Reus or Goetze.

Old
10-28-2012, 05:51 PM
awesomo
HARD!

i would love to see Hummels in a united jersey but i cant believe Dortmund would let another important player go to united within a year

Old
10-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
i would love to see Hummels in a united jersey but i cant believe Dortmund would let another important player go to united within a year
Most importantly, out of a entirely different scenario. With Kagawa, the player wanted to make a change and go to the EPL. And while Dortmund doesn't have a financial urgency to sell players, they aren't quite in a position to pass on a transfer fee for a player with one year left on his contract - at least when they want to re-invest that money for a fantastic long-term option such as Reus. Hummels won't force a transfer, and his contract won't be up for a long time. They are in the process of proving themselves that they can play against Europe's elite, and they are not doing too shabby considering the games they had against City and Real. Right now, there's very little drive for any of their guys to want out, and I don't see that changing until they hit a wall internationally.

At least as far as players under contracts go - with a guy like Lewandowski who's contract is up, there's a good chance they won't be willing to give what he can get on the open market and rather sell. But with Hummels, Götze and Reus, at least, I am rather sure those names will remain muppet dreams for at least two years.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:29 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Most importantly, out of a entirely different scenario. With Kagawa, the player wanted to make a change and go to the EPL. And while Dortmund doesn't have a financial urgency to sell players, they aren't quite in a position to pass on a transfer fee for a player with one year left on his contract - at least when they want to re-invest that money for a fantastic long-term option such as Reus. Hummels won't force a transfer, and his contract won't be up for a long time. They are in the process of proving themselves that they can play against Europe's elite, and they are not doing too shabby considering the games they had against City and Real. Right now, there's very little drive for any of their guys to want out, and I don't see that changing until they hit a wall internationally.

At least as far as players under contracts go - with a guy like Lewandowski who's contract is up, there's a good chance they won't be willing to give what he can get on the open market and rather sell. But with Hummels, Götze and Reus, at least, I am rather sure those names will remain muppet dreams for at least two years.
Yeah, Lewa and Subotic are the only ones I could see leaving anytime soon, and even Subotic I think stays for the forceeable future. Lewa to me seems like just a matter of time till he makes the jump, if they miss out on Falcao gotta figure Chelsea will be in on him.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:12 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Why the hate of ManU by the Dortmund fans ?

Old
10-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Are people supposed to like clubs who try to vulture for their players, or fans who talk about their club doing it? Probably not I'd gather. It would probably be more wise for United to put the two defenders they've spent a combined 25m on to use than buy one for that sum. People get pretty tired of clubs always trying to flog around money that they don't even have without being able to use a credit card, I've noticed. I think that may apply to all of the people here who responded that way about Hummels. Sorry.

Closed Thread