HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
So they didn't give Galchenyuk an assist? bah
Nope...DeAngelo intercepted a pass and fed it to Boucher for the goal.

Sarnia radio guys blasting the CHLPA, hah.

McJesus with a great goal, 4-2 Sting now.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-27-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Awards:
Terrible, terrible giveaway.

What a goal though. 4-2 Sting.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
10-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Takashi

http://www.sarniasting.com/article/s...alex-carnevale
Sarnia acquire Alex Carnevale

Old
10-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Galchenyuk came close once or twice on the ENG as an Otter defenceman was playing goal, Goldobin gets the ENG a bit later. 5-2 Sting.

Seems like just one of those games where Alex played well enough to get at least a point, but couldn't get one.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:20 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Galchenyuk came close once or twice on the ENG as an Otter defenceman was playing goal, Goldobin gets the ENG a bit later. 5-2 Sting.

Seems like just one of those games where Alex played well enough to get at least a point, but couldn't get one.
ya just seemed like nothing was bouncing his way

Old
10-27-2012, 09:38 PM
That

5-2 win for Sarnia. Galchenyuk was held pointless for only the third time this year.

Galchenyuk came out flying in the first. He was skating hard and doing a job along the boards. He jumped on loose pucks fast. He had a nice chance alone in front of the net, but shot it off the crossbar. He was in a board battle with Pelech and using one hand and pushed him over. Really showed his strength at certain points tonight. Galchenyuk, Sarault, and Boucher had an “extended break” after a flurry of Boucher turnovers. Galchenyuk also had a pair of turnovers to McDavid at the end of a long shift. In the second Galchenyuk had some great passes. He had a few beauties but his teammates couldn’t bury the chances he created. At one point on the PP, he gloved the puck down and somehow passed the puck backwards to the defenceman on the point while being covered. He started shooting more near the end of the period, but couldn’t bury anything. He had a nice move while coming from behind the goal line, he went right to the net. In the third period Galchenyuk was invisible, expect in the last 5 minutes or so and it wasn’t for a good reason. He had like 3 shots at an open net but missed or got blocked on all of them. He also had a turnover and floated defensively near the end.

Overall, I really liked Galchenyuk’s start. For the most part he tends to get off to quiet starts, but the opposite happened tonight. He had quite a few chances that he really should have buried. He’s lacking a level of finish that he had in the past. His teammates missed a few chances, too. In all honesty, he should have had about 3 points tonight.

-Bryan Moore picked up 2 assist tonight and looked really good out. Best Sarnia player today, controlled the flow every shift.
-Connor Murphy looked great early on, but slowed down after the first.
-Charlie Sarault had some trouble controlling the puck. He made some very good moves, but for the most part it was all over the place.
-Reid Boucher had 10 turnovers at least. He was absolutely terrible. He killed plays left, right, and centre tonight. He looked really good early on in the season, he needs to pick his play up.
-Despite the nice scoresheet, Goldobin had a rough night. Lately his decision making has been off and he seems to be holding on the puck too long.
-McDavid. It was the Connor McDavid show tonight. He was absolutely unreal (like every night). He had a beauty goal in which he intercepted the puck, walked around Murphy and then buried the puck in the net. He was a puck stealing machine. He intercepted, he stripped people of it, he did it all. Absolutely fantastic night. Best player on the ice. He kept his point streak going at 14 games. Would look damn good in a Habs jersey (same goes for Ekblad).
-Connor Crisp had a solid game. He was the player who had to play a game in net for Erie last year . He played very physical and had some really good chances. It's good to see him playing well after missing almost his entire draft year.
-Connor Brown and McDavid got split up during the second. Brown was absolutely terrible in the first and the second. He tried to do way too many moves and got stripped of the puck with ease. Near the end of the third he really picked his play. Didn't do as many dangles but still looked good.
-Luke Cairns was really good. He held on to the well and created a ton of chances. He couldn't finish on the many chances that he created though.

I also updated my google doc with all the boxscores and highlights from every game so far.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub...JL2stYZMxvY-VA

Old
10-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Man Bozon is completely on fire. I wish he could play on the Sting along with Collberg.

Bozon-Galchenyuk-Collberg

Old
10-27-2012, 09:56 PM
That

I'm sick of watching Sarnia, even when they win they still play some terrible hockey. Alex Galchenyuk is such a fantastic player that it seems like his talented is being wasted. Coming in to the season, I really felt that Sarnia could be an underdog to watch this year, but they simply cannot put out a consistent effort night in and night out. Most of their defenceman are pretty bad in their own zone, and some of their forwards hate backchecking.

Sarnia seems really poorly coached in my eyes. It doesn't take much to realize that Boucher - Sarault - Galchenyuk wasn't working, so it's time to split them up. Give Galchenyuk some wingers, especially ones that can finish. I'd like to see him traded (Kitchener and Barrie seem like good places), but for now I'd like to see him with Goldobin and Moore. Two guys how finish, but also actually keep the puck on their sticks. Beaulieu seems very firm on not giving Galchenyuk an abundance of ice time for some reason and he also seems to insist on Galchenyuk playing on the wing. I don't know why, but I certainly don't like it.

I know it seems like I'm whining (well.. I am doing that), but I just can't believe Sarnia right now.

Bozon and Collberg would certainly be a welcome additions to Sarnia. It would be awesome!

Old
10-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Beaulieu seems very firm on not giving Galchenyuk an abundance of ice time for some reason
How much TOI would you estimate he typically gets in a game? 20 minutes or so? Less?

Listening on radio, his unit seems to play 75% of the PP and still seems to play a lot 5 on 5...so I am a bit surprised by your comment on his usage.

Barrie would be a very interesting team for him, off to a great start and if Scheifele is not in the NHL that would be a hell of a 1-2 punch at center. They have 4 wingers hovering around a PPG (Camara, Athanasiou, Beyers and I assume this Zach Hall guy[listed as a C on OHL site] plays with Scheifele looking at their nearly identical stats), so Alex would get to play with two offensive wingers.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:39 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Man Bozon is completely on fire. I wish he could play on the Sting along with Collberg.

Bozon-Galchenyuk-Collberg
Future Habs first line?

Old
10-27-2012, 10:50 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
How much TOI would you estimate he typically gets in a game? 20 minutes or so? Less?

Listening on radio, his unit seems to play 75% of the PP and still seems to play a lot 5 on 5...so I am a bit surprised by your comment on his usage.

Barrie would be a very interesting team for him, off to a great start and if Scheifele is not in the NHL that would be a hell of a 1-2 punch at center. They have 4 wingers hovering around a PPG (Camara, Athanasiou, Beyers and I assume this Zach Hall guy[listed as a C on OHL site] plays with Scheifele looking at their nearly identical stats), so Alex would get to play with two offensive wingers.
Around 20 minutes is a fair guess. Tonight he probably played very close to that. Beaulieu loves to roll all 4 lines and give them balanced ice time. If you look at other star OHL players they all get a ton ice time and get double shifted very often. Galchenyuk rarely does. Maybe it's Galchenyuk's preference to not be double shifted, I don't know. I'd just like to see him get more ice time. You watch Scheifele or Monahan and they log massive minutes.

I mainly said Barrie just because I live about 15 minutes away, so I'd go to almost every game , but it does have it reasons. Barrie loves to shuffle their lines. Lately it's been Camara - Scheifele - Beyers on the top line, with MacDonald - Hall (C/RW) - Athanasiou on the second. Sometimes you'll see Hall and Camara with Scheifele. The only real hole in Barrie's line up is 2nd line centre. Adding Galchenyuk would allow Beyers and Camara to stay on the top line, with Athansiou and Hall being centred by Galchenyuk.

He'd be a great fit for Barrie. I'd certainly love to see him there.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:39 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Just finished watching the game, pretty average night by Galchenyuk. Really it was an average game on the whole by Sarnia. Erie was just that much worse, for the first 2 periods anyway.

Anyway as for Gally, nothing great and nothing bad. There were a couple of good chances I thought he could've buried, but he was stopped. He must've had a good 5 shots in the game, which is nice. Earler in the year I had been clamoring for Gally to play with Boucher as I thought Boucher would open up a lot of space for him but, as That said, Boucher was pretty lousy tonight.

I'm disappointed they played Galchenyuk down low on the wing on the powerplay. He was completely neutered and restricted to making short passes that any forward for Sarnia could have done. I don't know why you would take a guy with Galchenyuk's vision and basically put him on an island when he could just as easily be quarterbacking the PP. It's not like Sarnia has an abundance of skill in that regard.

As far as top players go, I'm surprised That didn't mention Craig Duininck. Scored 2 goals and I thought he was excellent at both ends for Sarnia. For Erie, they didn't have much going, but McDavid really came on in the third and scored an awesome goal.

I still haven't seen much from Stephen Harper, in the few games of his I've watched. Anyone else got an opinion on him yet?

All right...on to Kamloops/Victoria for my first game-action look at Bozon!

Old
10-28-2012, 10:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I'm sick of watching Sarnia, even when they win they still play some terrible hockey. Alex Galchenyuk is such a fantastic player that it seems like his talented is being wasted. Coming in to the season, I really felt that Sarnia could be an underdog to watch this year, but they simply cannot put out a consistent effort night in and night out. Most of their defenceman are pretty bad in their own zone, and some of their forwards hate backchecking.

Sarnia seems really poorly coached in my eyes. It doesn't take much to realize that Boucher - Sarault - Galchenyuk wasn't working, so it's time to split them up. Give Galchenyuk some wingers, especially ones that can finish. I'd like to see him traded (Kitchener and Barrie seem like good places), but for now I'd like to see him with Goldobin and Moore. Two guys how finish, but also actually keep the puck on their sticks. Beaulieu seems very firm on not giving Galchenyuk an abundance of ice time for some reason and he also seems to insist on Galchenyuk playing on the wing. I don't know why, but I certainly don't like it
Agreed, they are not very fun to watch at all. I shudder to think what their games would look like without Galchenyuk. I've heard a lot of rumblings about Beaulieu as coach when he was in the Q, so I was disappointed when i found out that he was in Sarnia. Would love to see Gally get traded, the sooner the better.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm disappointed they played Galchenyuk down low on the wing on the powerplay. He was completely neutered and restricted to making short passes that any forward for Sarnia could have done. I don't know why you would take a guy with Galchenyuk's vision and basically put him on an island when he could just as easily be quarterbacking the PP. It's not like Sarnia has an abundance of skill in that regard.
Their PP went 4 for 5 and they are one of the best in the OHL on the PP, so I doubt this is about to change.

Was he really at that position on every single PP? Far contrast with the video you uploaded early on in the season when he moved around everywhere on it.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:08 PM
That

Galchenyuk playing right wing again with Boucher and Sarault.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Dada

Hat trick today

Old
10-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'd like to know "That" view on it. Is Gally playing the wing 'cause the other guy isn't as versatile? Or is Gally just not showing enough at the center position? I'm not concerned yet, as I think he is a perfect centerman. But don't remember "perfect centermen" being moved to the wings regularly even if it's just in Juniors.....Am I not seeing what I should see?

By the way....did I dream this or wasn't Sarault supposed to be invited by the Dogs at their camp? What happened?

Old
10-28-2012, 02:16 PM
HABS2DCUP

what a pass from Galchenyuk

Old
10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
By the way....did I dream this or wasn't Sarault supposed to be invited by the Dogs at their camp? What happened?
It was to the main Habs training camp. Sting d-man Basso got an invite as well.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Goldobin with another assist, god, just play him with Gally already. He's outproducing Boucher despite Boucher getting every opportunity with their better players.

Just as I write that, Boucher gets a PP goal. lol. Gally assists.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-28-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 02:25 PM
That

Assist! Nice feed to Basso who feeds Boucher.

Follows it up with a penalty.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:35 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Wow, I thought gally had scored there. Draws a penalty, though.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:37 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Wow, I thought gally had scored there. Draws a penalty, though.
is it a free stream?

Old
10-28-2012, 02:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
is it a free stream?
I'm watching on hockeystreams.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:41 PM