HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NFL Thread VI: Andre Brown Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 09:46 PM
30theking

vCash: 500
i still think houston is the favorite in the afc. they are just scary good. that guy watt is amazing. who knows how far they could have gone if shaub was at quarterback last year for them in the playoffs.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
If Eli were to have a career ending injury in practice tomorrow he'd be remembered still as the GOAT in NY QB history. Probably top 3 in player history. We're n gravy years now, and he has not disappointed (for me) thus far this year.

What has bugged me is the perennial injury problems for the guy I think the the most talented receiver the NYG organization has ever had in Hakeem Nicks. If he keeps this up he will have a very short career.
You and me both. It becomes harder and harder for me to argue the Dream is better than Cruz when Hakeem is missing games all the time and Vic just keeps getting things done. Keem is SO good, and after his 200 yard game I thought this was FINALLY his breakout season, but it just wasn't meant to be.

The only silver-lining would be if the injury problems allow us to keep both Cruz and Keem without annihilating the salary cap.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:55 PM
30theking

the lions running game really stinks. it seems so easy to gameplan for that offense. just double or triple cover calvin and you should be able to hold them to a low amount of points.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
If Eli were to have a career ending injury in practice tomorrow he'd be remembered still as the GOAT in NY QB history. Probably top 3 in player history. We're n gravy years now, and he has not disappointed (for me) thus far this year.

What has bugged me is the perennial injury problems for the guy I think the the most talented receiver the NYG organization has ever had in Hakeem Nicks. If he keeps this up he will have a very short career.
I love Cruz to death but Hakeem has stupid talent. He might have the best pair of hands I've ever witnessed in my life. Damn shame that he gets injured so much. The man is so aggressive on the ground.

10-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Cruz is a unique blend of speed, route running, and hands. But his physique limits him. Hakeem Nicks is, when healthy, one of the top 5 receivers in the NFL. He is the complete package.

When Cruz plays outside and Nicks is out, he disappears. He is a better version of D. Jackson. Which is why Cruz is at his best in the slot with Hixon and Nicks outside. Nicks just can't be contained, even when slowed by injury, because he has a crazy set of hands and physique, he can make catches practically around defenders who have position on him.

That said, i'm very happy we have both, and Hixon has filled in for Rio very nicely as I thought he might. This set is far more talented than Toomer-Hilliard-Carter, or Burress-Toomer-Smith was and they have a better QB tossing them the ball.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I always love to laud how Hakeem can catch a cold in a desert but I always remember that wide open drop he had against the Redskins last year which would have resulted in a TD.

Ah, memories.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:16 AM
30theking

should be an interesting game next week. another tough division game. the giants have played well at that monstrosity of a stadium going 3 and 0 there so far. eli has had great games in each of them too. that first game which was the opener he threw for 330 yards and 2 tds. smith and manningham had over 100 yard receiving. the second game there eli threw for 306 yards. even though he threw 3 picks he threw 4 tds. both smith and nicks had over 100 yards receiving. and in that epic 3rd game there last year he threw for exactly 400 yards with 2 tds and 1 int. nicks had 167 receiving yards.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

In a 16 game season every game is so huge but this one particularly so. You lose and you've dropped just about every imaginable tiebreaker to Dallas. It looks like the wild card will need at least 10-6, probably tiebreakers from there this year.

You win, 6-2, even tiebreaker, pretty much take Dallas out of the equation at 3-4. You lose, you're only a half game up and lose the tiebreaker. Philly is a concern but there is no doubt that a win-loss in the game is the difference between something like a 80% chance at the playoffs and a 45% chance.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

At 5-2, everything looks pretty damn good so far.

This scenario seems so familiar....

Old
10-23-2012, 08:21 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Giants usually play well in big D. Eli coming off a bad game. Already lost to Dallas.
I like the Giants this weekend.

Giants do their best work on the road against a big opponent. For some reason (bored??) they look lack luster at home against inferior teams.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:45 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I always love to laud how Hakeem can catch a cold in a desert but I always remember that wide open drop he had against the Redskins last year which would have resulted in a TD.

Ah, memories.
Every one has those in a season.

Hakeem, when healthy, is on the level of a guy like Larry Fitz, IMO.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

As long as Nicks is healthy enough and plays in the big games when they matter, it is what it is if he has to miss time. That's just who he is.

As an earlier poster said it will cost the Giants less and hopefully that will lead to this group being kept together for a few more runs.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:01 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

For the love of God... I need to stop benching Doug Martin in favor of Steven Jackson

Old
10-25-2012, 10:07 PM
useref15

^ Go figure, the guy I'm playing this week started him haha

Old
10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

The Giants better win come Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nable-for-boys

No excuses.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Marcus Lattimore's (South Carolina) injury today was just unbelievably brutal. I feel so ****ing bad for this kid. This may be a career ending leg/knee injury. Looks worse than Theismann's.

Do not watch if you are squeamish.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
10-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Word on the street is Lattimore has a broken femur and tore all four tendons in his knee.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Word on the street is Lattimore has a broken femur and tore all four tendons in his knee.
The knee has to be the most poorly designed human joint.

This kind of injury doesn't sound great for his career. Maybe he comes back with massive metal braces, but other than that...

Old
10-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
The knee has to be the most poorly designed human joint.

This kind of injury doesn't sound great for his career. Maybe he comes back with massive metal braces, but other than that...
Well, he has a better chance coming back in this time period than, say, Theismann did. I don't know if he ever will be able to, though. I mean, McGahee did but I think that's more the exception and not the rule.

Lattimore was a hell of a player. I wish him well. With all that said, if Herzlich can come back from bone cancer, Lattimore may be able to make it.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:20 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

That Lattimore injury is absolutely brutal. I turned on the game just after the hit. It was heartbreaking to see every player on the field, and Lattimore just sobbing on the cart being driven off the field like he knew his dream was over

Old
10-28-2012, 12:07 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Good luck Jets fans!

Hopefully we get a shot of Tannehill's wife today

Old
10-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Good luck Jets fans!

Hopefully we get a shot of Tannehill's wife today
I swear, the internet's obsession with the bimbo looking types...

Early game to watch today is Eagles and Falcons, aand it aint on TV. Instead i'm stuck with the skins or the Jets.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:27 PM
30theking

steelers look like human bumblebees

Old
10-28-2012, 12:36 PM
30theking

eagles d is getting shredded so far. 14-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
eagles d is getting shredded so far. 14-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.
Fire Castillo!

Oh, wait . . .

Closed Thread