HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

American Prospect Update Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers28giroux View Post
I forgot about Forbort, He had a goal last night and if I'm right was a plus three, any chance he signs with the Kings after this season or do you think he stays with the Fighting Sioux?
As a Kings fan and a USAH fan, I hope he stays. If he's finally developed some confidence and turned the corner with his assertiveness, he may start to live up to his hype and hopefully add some physicality to his game. I just think it's better that if he has turned the corner this year to have a full 2 years of playing this way at the college level before jumping to the AHL. He strikes me as a guy that may buckle under the pressure of the professional game and revert to his passive ways if he leaves too soon.

10-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
He's a very impressive player. Plays much bigger than he is but he's still good sized and he's a very well rounded player that's good in pretty much all facets from what I've seen. I'm a big fan of his and I'd love to see him get in play for the 13th forward spot for the WJC team.
I know we say that the WJC is a 19 year old's tournament, but if Erne keeps playing the way he is, I want to say he'd be a top 6 option. My memory often fails me but I don't remember the 93 group being especially deep.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Rocco is gonna rip up the WJC, I cannot wait!

Old
10-28-2012, 12:52 AM
flyers28giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I know we say that the WJC is a 19 year old's tournament, but if Erne keeps playing the way he is, I want to say he'd be a top 6 option. My memory often fails me but I don't remember the 93 group being especially deep.
I believe you are correct, after Miller, Biggs, Noesen, Grimaldi, and Gaudreau the 93 forward group kind of does tail off so with that being said, I personally would love to see Adam Erne make the team, especially if Canada is considering bringing MacKinnon along, I think it would be a good experience for Erne and maybe help out his draft stock.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers28giroux View Post
I believe you are correct, after Miller, Biggs, Noesen, Grimaldi, and Gaudreau the 93 forward group kind of does tail off so with that being said, I personally would love to see Adam Erne make the team, especially if Canada is considering bringing MacKinnon along, I think it would be a good experience for Erne and maybe help out his draft stock.
Not many players play up before their draft year. From memory I have

2010 Cam Fowler, Jack Campbell
2011 X
2012 Trouba, Jones*, Galchenyuk#

*Jones would have been on the team if healthy.

#Galchenyuk might have been if healthy but this is much more speculative than Jones who was on the roster.

So if Erne does it, it would be a impressive thing.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:22 PM
William H Bonney

Cammarata explodes for 6 points today to take the USHL scoring lead with 17 points (7 goals, 10 assists) in 9 games.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:46 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

and he is rated as a C skater with central scouting... hahahaha

keep it up Cammarata, prove these dopes wrong...

Old
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Anyone have any opinions or info on Tony Cameranisi? Undersized skilled/two-way Leafs prospect? Plays for Minnesota-Duluth.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:57 PM
americanscout09

Quote:
Cammarata explodes for 6 points today to take the USHL scoring lead with 17 points (7 goals, 10 assists) in 9 games.
definately a 3rd or 4th rounder. going with third

Last edited by americanscout09: 07-05-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Anyone have any opinions or info on Tony Cameranisi? Undersized skilled/two-way Leafs prospect? Plays for Minnesota-Duluth.

Didn't notice him this weekend to be honest.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:24 PM
William H Bonney

According to Chris Peters, Ian McCoshen is out of the World Junior A Challenge due to Mono and Justin Wade will replace him. Tough break for him, Team USA, and the scouts since he also skipped the Hlinka.

Frank Vatrano, who left BC, has committed to UMass-Amherst.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:31 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
According to Chris Peters, Ian McCoshen is out of the World Junior A Challenge due to Mono and Justin Wade will replace him. Tough break for him, Team USA, and the scouts since he also skipped the Hlinka.

Frank Vatrano, who left BC, has committed to UMass-Amherst.
Boom on the Wade thing. Though, he hasn't really progressed since last season.

I hope Vatrano stays focused at UMass. Kid's essentially going to be playing in his backyard now...

Old
11-01-2012, 09:25 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Brandon Shea left Quebec... he said he would come back but he left with his equipment.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Brandon Shea left Quebec... he said he would come back but he left with his equipment.
What a goof. A never been as opposed to a has been.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

I don't think Dubuque would put up with his shenanigans.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

He's gone to think about his future in hockey. I've been saying since the camp in August that he doesn't look like a guy who's enjoying playing hockey.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:05 PM
DS1456Hockey

Quote:
He's gone to think about his future in hockey. I've been saying since the camp in August that he doesn't look like a guy who's enjoying playing hockey.
I don't understand how a kid could get such bad advice. He had the NTDP and BC all lined up. Did anyone consider what type of kid he was when guiding him to the Q? Was he ready to be a rookie, not the star, in the Q? The kid could have been well handled by the staff at the NTDP and BC.

A great example for young players to look at when making the decision to jump into Major Jr. Its not for everyone. Just ask Shea.

Old
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1456Hockey View Post
I don't understand how a kid could get such bad advice. He had the NTDP and BC all lined up. Did anyone consider what type of kid he was when guiding him to the Q? Was he ready to be a rookie, not the star, in the Q? The kid could have been well handled by the staff at the NTDP and BC.

A great example for young players to look at when making the decision to jump into Major Jr. Its not for everyone. Just ask Shea.
I think in this case the problem isn't the league where he plays. He was part of two of the best organizations in the CHL so saying the USNTDP and BC would have handled him better is a bit off base. Like I said, I really think this kid just doesn't like hockey anymore. He was given a great chance with Quebec to play in the top 6 and did well in the first two games but his motivation seemed to shrink game after game.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
DS1456Hockey

Quote:
I think in this case the problem isn't the league where he plays. He was part of two of the best organizations in the CHL so saying the USNTDP and BC would have handled him better is a bit off base. Like I said, I really think this kid just doesn't like hockey anymore. He was given a great chance with Quebec to play in the top 6 and did well in the first two games but his motivation seemed to shrink game after game.
Two very good organizations for sure. The point I was making (bad job maybe) is that the people advising him should have known what type of kid they were dealing with. Maybe he needed a slower more "delicate" path to the next level. The NTDP is no walk in the park but its certainly easier on young players than the CHL.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:10 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Two very good organizations for sure. The point I was making (bad job maybe) is that the people advising him should have known what type of kid they were dealing with. Maybe he needed a slower more "delicate" path to the next level. The NTDP is no walk in the park but its certainly easier on young players than the CHL.
I didn't understand what you meant and I can only agree with you.

Hopefully he'll find the motivation again!

Old
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
His dad Neil is a scout for the Avalanche (and also played for Boston College) so I'd assume he's mainly dictated Brandon's decisions. Talk about torpedoing your own career, though. Committed early to the NTDP and BC only to back out on both, joined Moncton, quit that team and sat home for the rest of the year, committed to join Dubuque and spent time with them only to back out to join Quebec, and now he's quit that team as well. All in less than 18 months. Impressive.

I'm sure it's a combination of quite a few factors that have caused this strange fall from grace.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:26 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
His dad Neil is a scout for the Avalanche (and also played for Boston College) so I'd assume he's mainly dictated Brandon's decisions. Talk about torpedoing your own career, though. Committed early to the NTDP and BC only to back out on both, joined Moncton, quit that team and sat home for the rest of the year, committed to join Dubuque and spent time with them only to back out to join Quebec, and now he's quit that team as well. All in less than 18 months. Impressive.

I think it's safe to say that Shea is done.
Holy smokes, talk about a train wreck of a career path. How good is he to begin with? His QMJHL stats are unimpressive (though it sounds like he's not a coach's best friend, probably not getting great minutes).

Old
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Holy smokes, talk about a train wreck of a career path. How good is he to begin with? His QMJHL stats are unimpressive (though it sounds like he's not a coach's best friend, probably not getting great minutes).
Hard to say. He was a pretty well regarded piece of that NTDP class but the hype for 15 year old prospects can often fall off quickly. With such a convoluted case, we'll probably never know how good he could have been given all the supposed issues.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:15 AM
herbst20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
I don't think Dubuque would put up with his shenanigans.
Agree 100%. Monty is a hard nosed coach who wouldnt put up with this crap. I could see a Youngstown or Muskegon try to add him though.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Exit Dose

Etem looks like he might be putting the pieces together. He got his first points of the season with two goals against Binghamton.

Closed Thread