HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

American Prospect Update Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
  #176
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers28giroux View Post
I forgot about Forbort, He had a goal last night and if I'm right was a plus three, any chance he signs with the Kings after this season or do you think he stays with the Fighting Sioux?
As a Kings fan and a USAH fan, I hope he stays. If he's finally developed some confidence and turned the corner with his assertiveness, he may start to live up to his hype and hopefully add some physicality to his game. I just think it's better that if he has turned the corner this year to have a full 2 years of playing this way at the college level before jumping to the AHL. He strikes me as a guy that may buckle under the pressure of the professional game and revert to his passive ways if he leaves too soon.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 09:13 PM
  #177
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
He's a very impressive player. Plays much bigger than he is but he's still good sized and he's a very well rounded player that's good in pretty much all facets from what I've seen. I'm a big fan of his and I'd love to see him get in play for the 13th forward spot for the WJC team.
I know we say that the WJC is a 19 year old's tournament, but if Erne keeps playing the way he is, I want to say he'd be a top 6 option. My memory often fails me but I don't remember the 93 group being especially deep.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 09:45 PM
  #178
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 50
Rocco is gonna rip up the WJC, I cannot wait!

Blad Meaning Gud is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 12:52 AM
  #179
flyers28giroux
Registered User
 
flyers28giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I know we say that the WJC is a 19 year old's tournament, but if Erne keeps playing the way he is, I want to say he'd be a top 6 option. My memory often fails me but I don't remember the 93 group being especially deep.
I believe you are correct, after Miller, Biggs, Noesen, Grimaldi, and Gaudreau the 93 forward group kind of does tail off so with that being said, I personally would love to see Adam Erne make the team, especially if Canada is considering bringing MacKinnon along, I think it would be a good experience for Erne and maybe help out his draft stock.

flyers28giroux is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 01:44 AM
  #180
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers28giroux View Post
I believe you are correct, after Miller, Biggs, Noesen, Grimaldi, and Gaudreau the 93 forward group kind of does tail off so with that being said, I personally would love to see Adam Erne make the team, especially if Canada is considering bringing MacKinnon along, I think it would be a good experience for Erne and maybe help out his draft stock.
Not many players play up before their draft year. From memory I have

2010 Cam Fowler, Jack Campbell
2011 X
2012 Trouba, Jones*, Galchenyuk#


*Jones would have been on the team if healthy.

#Galchenyuk might have been if healthy but this is much more speculative than Jones who was on the roster.

So if Erne does it, it would be a impressive thing.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:22 PM
  #181
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Cammarata explodes for 6 points today to take the USHL scoring lead with 17 points (7 goals, 10 assists) in 9 games.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 02:46 PM
  #182
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,571
vCash: 500
and he is rated as a C skater with central scouting... hahahaha

keep it up Cammarata, prove these dopes wrong...

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
  #183
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,909
vCash: 500
Anyone have any opinions or info on Tony Cameranisi? Undersized skilled/two-way Leafs prospect? Plays for Minnesota-Duluth.

FishManSam is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 09:57 PM
  #184
americanscout09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Cammarata explodes for 6 points today to take the USHL scoring lead with 17 points (7 goals, 10 assists) in 9 games.
definately a 3rd or 4th rounder. going with third


Last edited by americanscout09: 07-05-2013 at 01:42 AM.
americanscout09 is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM
  #185
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Anyone have any opinions or info on Tony Cameranisi? Undersized skilled/two-way Leafs prospect? Plays for Minnesota-Duluth.

Didn't notice him this weekend to be honest.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 11:24 PM
  #186
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
According to Chris Peters, Ian McCoshen is out of the World Junior A Challenge due to Mono and Justin Wade will replace him. Tough break for him, Team USA, and the scouts since he also skipped the Hlinka.

Frank Vatrano, who left BC, has committed to UMass-Amherst.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 04:31 AM
  #187
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
According to Chris Peters, Ian McCoshen is out of the World Junior A Challenge due to Mono and Justin Wade will replace him. Tough break for him, Team USA, and the scouts since he also skipped the Hlinka.

Frank Vatrano, who left BC, has committed to UMass-Amherst.
Boom on the Wade thing. Though, he hasn't really progressed since last season.

I hope Vatrano stays focused at UMass. Kid's essentially going to be playing in his backyard now...

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 09:25 AM
  #188
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 500
Brandon Shea left Quebec... he said he would come back but he left with his equipment.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
  #189
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Brandon Shea left Quebec... he said he would come back but he left with his equipment.
What a goof. A never been as opposed to a has been.

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
  #190
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
I don't think Dubuque would put up with his shenanigans.

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  #191
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 500
He's gone to think about his future in hockey. I've been saying since the camp in August that he doesn't look like a guy who's enjoying playing hockey.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 01:05 PM
  #192
DS1456Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He's gone to think about his future in hockey. I've been saying since the camp in August that he doesn't look like a guy who's enjoying playing hockey.
I don't understand how a kid could get such bad advice. He had the NTDP and BC all lined up. Did anyone consider what type of kid he was when guiding him to the Q? Was he ready to be a rookie, not the star, in the Q? The kid could have been well handled by the staff at the NTDP and BC.

A great example for young players to look at when making the decision to jump into Major Jr. Its not for everyone. Just ask Shea.

DS1456Hockey is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM
  #193
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1456Hockey View Post
I don't understand how a kid could get such bad advice. He had the NTDP and BC all lined up. Did anyone consider what type of kid he was when guiding him to the Q? Was he ready to be a rookie, not the star, in the Q? The kid could have been well handled by the staff at the NTDP and BC.

A great example for young players to look at when making the decision to jump into Major Jr. Its not for everyone. Just ask Shea.
I think in this case the problem isn't the league where he plays. He was part of two of the best organizations in the CHL so saying the USNTDP and BC would have handled him better is a bit off base. Like I said, I really think this kid just doesn't like hockey anymore. He was given a great chance with Quebec to play in the top 6 and did well in the first two games but his motivation seemed to shrink game after game.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
  #194
DS1456Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I think in this case the problem isn't the league where he plays. He was part of two of the best organizations in the CHL so saying the USNTDP and BC would have handled him better is a bit off base. Like I said, I really think this kid just doesn't like hockey anymore. He was given a great chance with Quebec to play in the top 6 and did well in the first two games but his motivation seemed to shrink game after game.
Two very good organizations for sure. The point I was making (bad job maybe) is that the people advising him should have known what type of kid they were dealing with. Maybe he needed a slower more "delicate" path to the next level. The NTDP is no walk in the park but its certainly easier on young players than the CHL.

DS1456Hockey is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 06:10 PM
  #195
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1456Hockey View Post
Two very good organizations for sure. The point I was making (bad job maybe) is that the people advising him should have known what type of kid they were dealing with. Maybe he needed a slower more "delicate" path to the next level. The NTDP is no walk in the park but its certainly easier on young players than the CHL.
I didn't understand what you meant and I can only agree with you.

Hopefully he'll find the motivation again!

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
  #196
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS1456Hockey View Post
Two very good organizations for sure. The point I was making (bad job maybe) is that the people advising him should have known what type of kid they were dealing with. Maybe he needed a slower more "delicate" path to the next level. The NTDP is no walk in the park but its certainly easier on young players than the CHL.
His dad Neil is a scout for the Avalanche (and also played for Boston College) so I'd assume he's mainly dictated Brandon's decisions. Talk about torpedoing your own career, though. Committed early to the NTDP and BC only to back out on both, joined Moncton, quit that team and sat home for the rest of the year, committed to join Dubuque and spent time with them only to back out to join Quebec, and now he's quit that team as well. All in less than 18 months. Impressive.

I'm sure it's a combination of quite a few factors that have caused this strange fall from grace.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 08:26 PM
  #197
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
His dad Neil is a scout for the Avalanche (and also played for Boston College) so I'd assume he's mainly dictated Brandon's decisions. Talk about torpedoing your own career, though. Committed early to the NTDP and BC only to back out on both, joined Moncton, quit that team and sat home for the rest of the year, committed to join Dubuque and spent time with them only to back out to join Quebec, and now he's quit that team as well. All in less than 18 months. Impressive.

I think it's safe to say that Shea is done.
Holy smokes, talk about a train wreck of a career path. How good is he to begin with? His QMJHL stats are unimpressive (though it sounds like he's not a coach's best friend, probably not getting great minutes).

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
  #198
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Holy smokes, talk about a train wreck of a career path. How good is he to begin with? His QMJHL stats are unimpressive (though it sounds like he's not a coach's best friend, probably not getting great minutes).
Hard to say. He was a pretty well regarded piece of that NTDP class but the hype for 15 year old prospects can often fall off quickly. With such a convoluted case, we'll probably never know how good he could have been given all the supposed issues.

William H Bonney is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 07:15 AM
  #199
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
I don't think Dubuque would put up with his shenanigans.
Agree 100%. Monty is a hard nosed coach who wouldnt put up with this crap. I could see a Youngstown or Muskegon try to add him though.

herbst20 is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:07 PM
  #200
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,059
vCash: 500
Etem looks like he might be putting the pieces together. He got his first points of the season with two goals against Binghamton.

Exit Dose is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.