HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Texas Stars @ OKC Barons, Sunday 10/28 3PM MDT - RNH Will Play!

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

vCash: 500
Texas Stars @ OKC Barons, Sunday 10/28 3PM MDT - RNH Will Play!

@
STARS: 3-3-0-0 VS BARONS: 3-3-0-0

Game InfoGame Day: Sunday October 28th 2012
Game Time: 3:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS:
Hartikainen #10-Nugent-Hopkins #18-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Arcobello #26-Pitlick #9
Tyrvainen #14-Lander #16-Pelss #23
Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-House #21

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Plante #4-Fedun #27
Davidson #3-Teubert #33

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: C Martindale #17, W Hamilton #13, D Ringwald #6

Injured: W Green #12 (Ribs)

STARS:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: Justin Schultz notched his third multi point game of the season and his 2nd in as many games. Schultz finished Friday tied for the AHL scoring lead with 10 points. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins left Fridays game after getting hit with a stick to the teeth and ultimately ended up with his teeth pushed back on an offensive zone PP draw. He went to the hospital for dental work, he will play Sunday and will be wearing a cage. Jordan Eberle was a game time decision Friday with back issues but ended up playing in the 6-4 loss. One is the loneliest number: Lander, Hamilton, Vande Velde, and Byers all have a single point this season and all have played in at least 5 games to date. Two can be as bad as one: Tyler Pitlick has just 2 points on the year and has yet to tickle the twine in the '12-13 season.

STARS TO WATCH: Familiar faces and names fill up the Stars roster: Former Oilers whipping boys Toby "PP" Petersen and Cam "Can a 3rd overall pick really be this bad" Barker lead the former Oiler contingent while Tomas Vincour is a former Oil King rounding out the Edmonton contingent. Familiar names Jordie "Hey I recognize that last name!" Benn, Jamie "That dude is huge" Oleksiak, and goalie Jack Campbell.

Quotable"I thought that we made it easy for them, we have to be hard to play against, last night we weren't"-Barons head coach Todd Nelson on Friday's 6-4 loss against the Houston Aeros

Team Comparison
 BaronsStars
Points66
Wins33
Power Play %20.010.7
Penalty Kill %72.765.2

Team Leaders
BaronsAeros
GOALS: Schultz (4)Eakin (3)
ASSISTS:Schultz (6)Vincour (4)
+/-: Schultz and Marincin (+5)Eakin (+4)

Today's Videos

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 10-28-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old
10-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Usual_Suspect

RNH playing Sunday

http://newsok.com/ryan-nugent-hopkin...rticle/3723139

Quote:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will play for Barons on Sunday

Barons center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who left Friday's game after getting hit in the mouth with a stick, participated in practice Saturday morning and will play in Sunday afternoon's game against the Texas Stars.

Nugent-Hopkins, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 NHL Draft, had an upper front tooth chipped and another pushed back.
“I didn't think I'd be able to keep it to be honest with you,” Nugent-Hopkins said. “(The dentist) said he could reposition them. ... It was an accident. He didn't mean to do it on purpose.”
Nugent-Hopkins, 19, will wear a full face mask hockey players refer to as a “cheese grater” or “cage.” He last regularly wore a full face mask at age 15 in midgets with the Vancouver Northwest Giants.
“It restricts you a little bit, but once you get used to it, you learn to live with it,” Nugent-Hopkins said. “Obviously you grew up playing with them.”
Opponents have played physically against the Edmonton Oilers' young stars that are playing with the Barons during the lockout.
“It is chippier down here (in the American Hockey League),” Nugent-Hopkins said. “You just have to play around that kind of stuff.”

Old
10-27-2012, 08:40 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 1729
Hooray more NHL nemesis farm teams.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Hooray more NHL nemesis farm teams.
I wouldn't really consider them a current nemesis TBH although they have played us tough.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Tyrvainen will draw in, not sure who will be sitting out or if there are any other lineup changes/goaltending changes.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
spence

i guess we can see how the next couple games go but if the young stars are targets in this game like last game we need to sign a tough guy to an ahl contract .
I am sure some good one are availible maybe bring back mac i am sure he is a free agent

Old
10-27-2012, 10:55 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Cam Barker is in the AHL playing in Texas? That's news to me. Poor guy. He should write a book titled "How it all went so ****ing wrong".

Old
10-28-2012, 12:05 AM
monkeywrench

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
Cam Barker is in the AHL playing in Texas? That's news to me. Poor guy. He should write a book titled "How it all went so ****ing wrong".
You would be able to tell that the book was written without passion.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:16 AM
skip2mybordeleau
We're not that good!

vCash: 6305
really been impressed with schultz so far, we all know what rnh and eberle are capable of but schutlz has been the best player on the barons, not going to enjoy watching him play the avs.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
really been impressed with schultz so far, we all know what rnh and eberle are capable of but schutlz has been the best player on the barons, not going to enjoy watching him play the avs.
You guys are going to be a tough to play against club with high end skill blended in, you guys will do well yourselves

Old
10-28-2012, 04:09 AM
dnicks17

Man, the Stars D is huge.

Oleksiak - 6'7'' 254lbs
Nemeth - 6'4'' 233lbs
Dillon - 6'3'' 228lbs
Barker - 6'3'' 223lbs
Sloan - 6'4'' 210lbs

Old
10-28-2012, 04:18 AM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
Best player in the league*

Old
10-28-2012, 05:07 AM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Just came home from my weekend night shift and to celebrate had a few good shots of rum on an empty stomach so I may be all over the place..but as my wife puts it..it's the way I'm best.

First off..RNH with a cage..lol, that's funny, that kid hasn't worn a cage since 15 but does he honestly look any older than 15?
Not in my mind. Anyone seen that Wiggins basketball star kid? Canadian, videos of when he's fifteen he could pass for 21..

second...
2 points for pitlick..
he will get his points in soon enough, I'm assuming right now his ice time is probably being reduced to around 10 mins a night..
He needs to be put in a more offensive role..
But as they say, in the AHL you go many games producing almost no points then all of the sudden the puck ends up on your stick all game long and you score 3 points a night for three consecutive games..

It's the scrappyness of the AHL that causes these inconsistencies...
It's like soccer when I was 11, all the kids chasing the ball all the time..then when I was 17 in highschool we played a more structured system and I scored more goals..even though the game was tougher..

Olivier Roy better be starting in Net for the barons..if not, I call for Nelsons head.

And who decides to make these GMTs???
I have never had the chance to do one..probably a good thing but who knows, it may be my calling..

Oh yeah..Omark should be in the AHL..

Old
10-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
Just came home from my weekend night shift and to celebrate had a few good shots of rum on an empty stomach so I may be all over the place..but as my wife puts it..it's the way I'm best.

First off..RNH with a cage..lol, that's funny, that kid hasn't worn a cage since 15 but does he honestly look any older than 15?
Not in my mind. Anyone seen that Wiggins basketball star kid? Canadian, videos of when he's fifteen he could pass for 21..

second...
2 points for pitlick..
he will get his points in soon enough, I'm assuming right now his ice time is probably being reduced to around 10 mins a night..
He needs to be put in a more offensive role..
But as they say, in the AHL you go many games producing almost no points then all of the sudden the puck ends up on your stick all game long and you score 3 points a night for three consecutive games..

It's the scrappyness of the AHL that causes these inconsistencies...
It's like soccer when I was 11, all the kids chasing the ball all the time..then when I was 17 in highschool we played a more structured system and I scored more goals..even though the game was tougher..

Olivier Roy better be starting in Net for the barons..if not, I call for Nelsons head.

And who decides to make these GMTs???
I have never had the chance to do one..probably a good thing but who knows, it may be my calling..

Oh yeah..Omark should be in the AHL..
Right now BBO is just fillin`in on the GDT front, but is doing a mighty fine job.

But if you are interested in the gig here are a couple examples of what they might look like.

The full blown version with all the bells and whistles:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1000117

The more modest, compact version.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1069357

And of course perhaps the all-time great GDT, due to none other than our very own Mowzie.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...017&highlight=

Be warned though. The last one sets a standard that few here on this board have ever been able to match!

Old
10-28-2012, 09:09 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
I think it would be over in the introduction.

If I was never traded away from the Hawks people would've never seen through my weaknesses and I'd be making 8 mill a year right now.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:34 AM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
i guess we can see how the next couple games go but if the young stars are targets in this game like last game we need to sign a tough guy to an ahl contract .
I am sure some good one are availible maybe bring back mac i am sure he is a free agent
Would love to see Big Mac back with this young team, but unfortunately he is part of the Pittsburgh organization. I agree though, these kids are getting liberties taken against them in the freaking AHL and we really have no answer to it at the moment. I knew that this was going to be a problem.... "Team tough" my ass!

Last edited by TowMater14: 10-28-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old
10-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
And of course perhaps the all-time great GDT, due to none other than our very own Mowzie.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...017&highlight=

Be warned though. The last one sets a standard that few here on this board have ever been able to match!
LMAO there is some gold in that thread

Old
10-28-2012, 10:55 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Man, the Stars D is huge.

Oleksiak - 6'7'' 254lbs
Nemeth - 6'4'' 233lbs
Dillon - 6'3'' 228lbs
Barker - 6'3'' 223lbs
Sloan - 6'4'' 210lbs
Oleksiak is horribly overrated. Ice Dogs wasted so many draft picks at the deadline to get him last year

Old
10-28-2012, 11:51 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
LMAO there is some gold in that thread
The really good stuff was scrubbed long ago.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:42 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Haha Mowzie is that guy for real cuz thats insane to write a whole freakin paragraph without any punctuation at all hey maybe one day I will do one better than him for now thought I will stay away from it as I am unable to talk that long without taking my breath but Im working on it though anyways Im hoping for a barons I mean oilers on the barons to shine today because its time for eberle and hopkins to really step it up because by the sounds of it this nhl season is all but canned at least until december maybe we will see a 65 game season schedule or something like that with the players going on strike before the playoffs and getting back the current cba hey stranger things have happened go barons go

Old
10-28-2012, 02:49 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I was impressed with how the current roster stepped up to protect them last game. Especially Teubert stepping up after Bulmer ran Schultz.

From Michael Russo's twitter account:

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Whoever fought Bulmer yesterday in OKC turned him into Sloth from Goonies. Face is bashed but somehow playing tonight inside a cage #mnwild

That's a pretty good message to send anyone thinking of taking liberties with the wonder kids:

Old
10-28-2012, 03:03 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I was impressed with how the current roster stepped up to protect them last game. Especially Teubert stepping up after Bulmer ran Schultz.

Whoever fought Bulmer yesterday in OKC turned him into Sloth from Goonies. Face is bashed but somehow playing tonight inside a cage #mnwild

That's a pretty good message to send anyone thinking of taking liberties with the wonder kids:
\]

Teubert has just taken Suttons spot on the oil when NHL gets back.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Hynh

Quote:

I don't really believe in the concept of protection but if Teubert is hitting them that hard every time someone tries something dirty I think I can come around to it.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:22 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
I don't really believe in the concept of protection but if Teubert is hitting them that hard every time someone tries something dirty I think I can come around to it.
not to turn this into a pro/against fighting argument..but wanna say one thing.
There's been many many many more players careers shortened/ended through cheap shots/cheap hits than through a face to face fight.
Fights like this send messages..and teubert doesn't need to fight the other teams tough guys either just to put on a show, he can play the game decently and he's able to stand up for his teammates when other teams are taking liberties on them..

It's that circus show fighting I dont care for either..

Old
10-28-2012, 03:23 PM
spence

Quote:

i am glad to hear bulmer is feeling it ,but teubert is not going to be able to do that to some of the tougher guys . lets just spend a little money bring in a top heavyweight and not have to worrie if rnh , eberle or js are going to get there heads taken off

Closed Thread