HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sebastian Collberg - (Part II: The Collberg Report) Joins Hamilton

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Sounds to me like the plan is to keep him in Sweden next year but it'll probably depend on the Frolunda situation.
Yep, the vibe I got is that they are happy with him staying in SWE at least for an other year if everything stays on track.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Sounds to me like the plan is to keep him in Sweden next year but it'll probably depend on the Frolunda situation.
How do you infer that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
It will also depends on the contracts situation in hamilton, departures, trades etc..
There's also the CHL route as I doubt it would be a problem for him to get picked in the Import Draft despite him only being on the team for 1 season. That's why I find it so interesting to see where he will play as there are a number of options.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
How do you infer that?
This is not the first time Timmins has spoken glowingly of player development in Sweden; both Timmins and Bergevin have explicitly praised Swedish development and Timmins has especially emphasized that the facilities Collberg has access to at Frolunda were better than some at the NHL level, let alone the CHL and AHL levels.

He's also emphasizing the need for patience. That doesn't mean anything is decided yet but the club seems to be taking a somewhat hands off approach to its European prospects.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but it's the sense I'm getting and it's been consistent with what Timmins has said, that he trusts Frolunda enough to let Collberg do his own thing.

Personally, especially if he continues to get offensive minutes at this level, the CHL would be useless for Collberg except to get him used to North American ice, especially if he's productive in the WJC - we already know he can score against kids.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
This is not the first time Timmins has spoken glowingly of player development in Sweden; both Timmins and Bergevin have explicitly praised Swedish development and Timmins has especially emphasized that the facilities Collberg has access to at Frolunda were better than some at the NHL level, let alone the CHL and AHL levels.

He's also emphasizing the need for patience. That doesn't mean anything is decided yet but the club seems to be taking a somewhat hands off approach to its European prospects.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but it's the sense I'm getting and it's been consistent with what Timmins has said, that he trusts Frolunda enough to let Collberg do his own thing.

Personally, especially if he continues to get offensive minutes at this level, the CHL would be useless for Collberg except to get him used to North American ice, especially if he's productive in the WJC - we already know he can score against kids.
I wouldn't say that playing in the CHL would be useless imo. If they feel he's not going to get much ice time, perhaps he would be better off playing a ton in the dub or OHL as it would be interesting to see how he does on the smaller ice in a much more physical environment.

At this point I don't have a real care on where he plays either way as I think the SEL is a great place for him, IF he gets ice time. I hate to see any 18 year sitting or getting very limited ice time. To me the fact that Timmins was saying he was happy that Collberg got sent down speaks that he wasn't overly thrilled with the amount of ice time he's gotten in the SEL so far. Granted reading between the lines can lead to wrong conclusions but I guess we'll see how they feel when the summer rolls around.

Hopefully we cash in on the rise of Swedish hockey, cause up until now it's been a real bust since we haven't gotten anything to show for our Swedish draft picks since the '88 draft.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Et le But

Yeah, I feel like the Habs have viewed Swedish hockey as an afterthought until recently, drafting only fringe prospects. I mean the Swedish hockey pool was very poor for a while but it's been getting progressively better and only recently the Habs have shown interest.

And yes, the CHL would be better then sitting on the bench, but if he keeps playing like he has in his first two games in the SEL-2 he shouldn't have a problem finding a role next year, especially if he's been trying to bulk up.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:34 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the CHL.

I believe Collberg mentioned it after getting drafted and said he would go anywhere the team wants him to go. But that he was certainly headed in Sweden this year.

It wouldn't be hard for the Habs to convince a good organization in the CHL or even better, in the 'Q to keep him closer, to draft Collberg in the Import Draft.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the CHL.

I believe Collberg mentioned it after getting drafted and said he would go anywhere the team wants him to go. But that he was certainly headed in Sweden this year.

It wouldn't be hard for the Habs to convince a good organization in the CHL or even better, in the 'Q to keep him closer, to draft Collberg in the Import Draft.
Collberg would have no worries to end up in a CHL team, but I highly doubt it's the Habs plan. I really think that until he has a real shot at the NHL, he'll stay in Sweden. Probably still needs 2-3 years in Sweden before breaking an NHL roster. He's still only 18 so that makes him 20 or 21 which is still really young to start a professional career. The year they'll feel he can be good call up, he'll play in the AHL. The SEL has a much higher tempo than AHL and I prefer that he plays with Frolunda.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Odd, the game today was supposed to start at 10 am ET...yet the online websites with scores are still showing the game as not started yet.

Hmm, seems like it's starting now.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:26 AM
strutsboa

Collberg scores! 0-1 on the power play!

Old
10-28-2012, 10:36 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Collberg scores! 0-1 on the power play!
This can't be true. 0 goals in the SEL?

Old
10-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Et le But

Collbust

Old
10-28-2012, 10:40 AM
vad87

Only able to score against peewee caliber... What a waste of a 2nd pick

Last edited by vad87: 10-28-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

S.E.L - 16gp 0g 2a +2 ; Pretty good for 13th forward

Allsvenskan - 3gp 2g 0a +3 ; so far 3rd game is still in 2nd period

I liked what Ive seen from Sebastian but Ive only seen a few games. Even though the Allsvenskan league is a lower tier I like that with more minutes he is able to produce.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:25 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Odd, the game today was supposed to start at 10 am ET...yet the online websites with scores are still showing the game as not started yet.

Hmm, seems like it's starting now.
Sweden went from DST to winter time today.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Sweden went from DST to winter time today.
Ah, now it makes sense.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Et le But

Only 1 shot on goal?

Old
10-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Dada

Trade him right away

Old
10-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Selfish on top of everything. Mr. Collberg gets his goal and then is satisfied with that and do nothing else after. Not even able to be in the negative side when the opponent scored their goals...

Old
10-28-2012, 01:18 PM
NotProkofievian

Guys, give Collberg a break, he's been playing very well for an 18 year old whenever he was given an opportunity. I mean, he just scored again for christ's sake!

lololol

Old
10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Guys, give Collberg a break, he's been playing very well for an 18 year old whenever he was given an opportunity. I mean, he just scored again for christ's sake!

lololol
He has two goals in this game now? Or are you just referring to his first goal? I'm watching the stings game.

Or does your lololol just indicate you're trolling me :

Old
10-28-2012, 01:41 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Old
10-28-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He has two goals in this game now? Or are you just referring to his first goal? I'm watching the stings game.

Only 1 assist for Galchenbust.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:10 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Only 1 assist for Galchenbust.
Screw him!! I knew that Morgan Reilly was the best player in the last draft Now,we've got a lazy Russian bust and the Leafs have the next Bobby Orr.

Screw Timmins, Bergevin and the whole organisation!

Old
10-28-2012, 06:22 PM
KRM

Highlights from the Asplöven vs. Örebro game, Collberg with the snipe! Asplöven btw is the northern most team in Sweden, 1130km bus ride from Örebro...

http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/nyheter/8kvrlycmk4

Old
10-28-2012, 06:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Highlights from the Asplöven vs. Örebro game, Collberg with the snipe! Asplöven btw is the northern most team in Sweden, 1130km bus ride from Örebro...

http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/nyheter/8kvrlycmk4
Thanks for the link, nice snipe indeed!

Closed Thread