HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2013-2014

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
WaltWhitman

vCash: 500
North Dakota highlights:

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal...b_oem_id=13500

Knight's goal was so awesome. And you guys aren't going to be able to keep Rocco a secret much longer.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Knight's goal was so awesome. And you guys aren't going to be able to keep Rocco a secret much longer.
Thanks for the link. To be honest, Rocco fell off my radar with his injury. I don't think I even voted for him in our Top 20 prospect polls. So I'm glad to see him doing well.

-ghoste

Old
10-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Kyle Rau with a goal and Nick Bjugstad with an assist less than a minute into their game against the Canisius Golden Griffins.

Old
10-29-2012, 11:23 PM
collegehockeyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Thanks for the link. To be honest, Rocco fell off my radar with his injury. I don't think I even voted for him in our Top 20 prospect polls. So I'm glad to see him doing well.

-ghoste
my guess is that next offseason grimaldi will be in every florida fans top 5. id expect the panthers to sign him within 2 years

you will get a good look at him in the world juniors.

Old
10-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegehockeyguy View Post
my guess is that next offseason grimaldi will be in every florida fans top 5. id expect the panthers to sign him within 2 years

you will get a good look at him in the world juniors.
After watching him, and getting a feel for his play... He's pretty much like a Jeff Skinner clone. He will be the best skater this team has ever had..

Old
10-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

[QUOTE=Gudbranson4Prez;55393253]After watching him, and getting a feel for his play... He's pretty much like a Jeff Skinner clone. He will be the best skater this team has ever had..
Bure? But I do agree he skating is very impressive. Maybe Jeff Skinner? Yes, but with more speed and acceleration.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Acadmus

Brickley was mentioned briefly in today's coaches show. Sneddon thinks he's one of several players who might be "trying too hard" to score and thus are being snakebitten.

11-02-2012, 11:38 PM
NinthSpoke06

You guys are going to like Matheson a lot.

He is big (albeit it skinny right now), an extremely smooth skater, has amazing vision, likes to play physical and is very confident.

I'm loving him right now for the Eagles (I have season tickets). He has made some freshman mistakes (i.e. silly penalties, defensive lapses) but nothing catastrophic or unfixable.

He is arguable the best defensemen on the squad 6 games into the season as a freshman. He has certainly shown why he was a first round pick already. Looks much better than Kreider did here as a freshman. I am actually really jealous of your guys and this pick. He looks like a stud.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:42 PM
NinthSpoke06

Also, his line is now 6 GP, 0 G, 4 A, 4 PTS, +5, 10 PIMS and he is playing on the first pairing getting matched up against the opponents top lines.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
You guys are going to like Matheson a lot.

He is big (albeit it skinny right now), an extremely smooth skater, has amazing vision, likes to play physical and is very confident.

I'm loving him right now for the Eagles (I have season tickets). He has made some freshman mistakes (i.e. silly penalties, defensive lapses) but nothing catastrophic or unfixable.

He is arguable the best defensemen on the squad 6 games into the season as a freshman. He has certainly shown why he was a first round pick already. Looks much better than Kreider did here as a freshman. I am actually really jealous of your guys and this pick. He looks like a stud.
Thanks a lot for the report! After watching him at the prospect camp, I thought he seemed to play a similar style game to Brian Campbell.. But if there is any physicality in his game, I am wrong.. I'd like to catch one of those BC games sometime soon..

Also noticed Rocco with a goal and assist tonight.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:02 AM
as15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Thanks a lot for the report! After watching him at the prospect camp, I thought he seemed to play a similar style game to Brian Campbell.. But if there is any physicality in his game, I am wrong.. I'd like to catch one of those BC games sometime soon..

Also noticed Rocco with a goal and assist tonight.
He better make it to the NHL, because I have never had more fun watching a player.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Rocco Grimaldi with a seven game scoring streak dating back to last season before he went out an injury.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
After watching him, and getting a feel for his play... He's pretty much like a Jeff Skinner clone. He will be the best skater this team has ever had..
Except Grimaldi won't have the NHL success Skinner has/will have.

And Bure ......

Old
11-03-2012, 11:45 AM
as15

A little funny tidbit at UND's press conference last night.

Grimaldi was asked about Ben Rosen’s tweet after the game. He mentioned that the team saw it and added that it wasn’t a huge deal. “That’s social media. You say what you want and you get ripped. I know how that goes.”

It was kind of funny, he said this with a smile and all of the reporters started laughing.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post

And Bure ......
I don't know about that. I mean I'm not saying Grimaldi will have Skinner-like success in the NHL, but Skinner ain't Malkin.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:

And Bure ......
Obviously... Hadn't seen you around in a while, missed the negativity.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:07 PM
AaronEkbald
2nd to last in goals

Quote:

And Bure ......
No we won't..

As long as he's rocco grimaldi and he plays in the nhl like he does in college, scoring chances will happen.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:05 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Obviously... Hadn't seen you around in a while, missed the negativity.
I know you don't enjoy constructing reasoned and realistic opinions.

While we wait for Rau to turn into Eberle, and Gudbranson to Pronger, we can be safely assured we have another Jeff Skinner locked in the bank.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:15 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
I don't know about that. I mean I'm not saying Grimaldi will have Skinner-like success in the NHL, but Skinner ain't Malkin.
And i have renowned cooking abilities, but with no oven and an hour before my dinner party, i don't expect to win come dine with me.

See above ; pointless analogy/comparison that makes no sense.

No, Jeff Skinner is not Malkin. Nor are other countless high end NHL forwards. I do not see your point.

The difference between Jeff Skinner and Rocco Grimaldi is quite significant. One is undersized, the other is a tiny. One jumped to the NHL immediately, and had immediate and dynamic offensive success. The other is just beginning to establish himself as a good NCAA player and is 5 ft 6.

We can all throw out fanciful statements because if we want to (Just ask Gudbranson4Prez ; he'd probably win the US presidential race). I still see the idea that Grimaldi was a top 5 talent of his draft. People need to understand that size, reach are important too. Top 5 "talents" usually require more than just immense puck skills and speed. The NHL, if people haven't realised yet, is not a league where those skills are neccessairly always king.

Of course, Grimaldi is a talented prospect. High end skills offensively, with a relatively complete array of offensive tools. He skates very well, handles the puck beautifully and can score alot. It's plausible that he becomes an NHL scorer. Yet, the odds are stacked against him. You don't need to be neccessairly huge in the NHL, but there are reasons why the NHL isn't littered with 5 ft 6 players.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
I know you don't enjoy constructing reasoned and realistic opinions.

While we wait for Rau to turn into Eberle, and Gudbranson to Pronger, we can be safely assured we have another Jeff Skinner locked in the bank.
Yes, cause I thought Rau would be a clutch player for the US, doesn't mean I think Rau will be anything close to Eberle. Yes, I do think Gudbranson will be an elite physical defenseman in the mold of Pronger... IDK how you could negate that. Yes, I think Grimaldi is as good a skater as Skinner. That being said, I've only seen a handful of games of Rocco... But I'm sure you've caught them all.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Yes, cause I thought Rau would be a clutch player for the US, doesn't mean I think Rau will be anything close to Eberle.
This would seem to somewhat contradict an argument we've had before. Progress, i guess.

Quote:
Yes, I do think Gudbranson will be an elite physical defenseman in the mold of Pronger... IDK how you could negate that.
You cannot fathom how one may wish to negate, or at least, remain conservative when projecting?

Gudbranson has the meaness, the IQ and the skating to be a quality defender. I still question whether that is enough to make him a truely elite defenseman. I assume you are comparing him stylistically to Pronger and not in terms of impact. Gudbranson will not likely ever come close to sustaining the impact Pronger had. We shall with Gudbranson, but he'll need to reach pure domination defensively because offensively the upside isn't that significant.

Quote:
Yes, I think Grimaldi is as good a skater as Skinner. That being said, I've only seen a handful of games of Rocco... But I'm sure you've caught them all.
You need to quantify what you are trying to convey. If you think Grimaldi skates as well as Skinner, it's a plausible debate. If you're trying to infer that due to that, he'll have the same NHL impact as Skinner, and likely as good a career, i think you're incorrect.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:46 PM
WaltWhitman

Quote:

Of course, Grimaldi is a talented prospect. High end skills offensively, with a relatively complete array of offensive tools. He skates very well, handles the puck beautifully and can score alot. It's plausible that he becomes an NHL scorer. Yet, the odds are stacked against him. You don't need to be neccessairly huge in the NHL, but there are reasons why the NHL isn't littered with 5 ft 6 players.
In other news:

Old
11-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Quote:
And i have renowned cooking abilities, but with no oven and an hour before my dinner party, i don't expect to win come dine with me.

See above ; pointless analogy/comparison that makes no sense.

No, Jeff Skinner is not Malkin. Nor are other countless high end NHL forwards. I do not see your point.

The difference between Jeff Skinner and Rocco Grimaldi is quite significant. One is undersized, the other is a tiny. One jumped to the NHL immediately, and had immediate and dynamic offensive success. The other is just beginning to establish himself as a good NCAA player and is 5 ft 6.

We can all throw out fanciful statements because if we want to (Just ask Gudbranson4Prez ; he'd probably win the US presidential race). I still see the idea that Grimaldi was a top 5 talent of his draft. People need to understand that size, reach are important too. Top 5 "talents" usually require more than just immense puck skills and speed. The NHL, if people haven't realised yet, is not a league where those skills are neccessairly always king.

Umm, did you not read my statement that said "I'm not saying Grimaldi will have Skinner-like success in the NHL"? Maybe to you it read something like this "I think Grimaldi will most definitely be at least as good and probably better than Skinner". Anyway, who knows what Grimaldi will be at this point. He may never be as successful as Skinner, I mean I'm not going to say he has no chance to not as successful as Skinner. Unlike yourself when you said he won't have the NHL success Skinner has/will have. I'm not going to say he has no chance to have the success of Skinner. He could be as good as Skinner, he could not be as good as Skinner. He could be better than Skinner. Unless when you make that statement you are willing to bet your life on the fact that he won't have the NHL success of Skinner, that's a useless statement.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Acadmus

Brickley scored his first of the season on a power play in Friday night's 3-2 loss to the Friars. He wasn't on the scoresheet for the Cats' 2-0 win tonight, the team's first win of the season.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:42 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Umm, did you not read my statement that said "I'm not saying Grimaldi will have Skinner-like success in the NHL"? Maybe to you it read something like this "I think Grimaldi will most definitely be at least as good and probably better than Skinner". Anyway, who knows what Grimaldi will be at this point. He may never be as successful as Skinner, I mean I'm not going to say he has no chance to not as successful as Skinner. Unlike yourself when you said he won't have the NHL success Skinner has/will have. I'm not going to say he has no chance to have the success of Skinner. He could be as good as Skinner, he could not be as good as Skinner. He could be better than Skinner. Unless when you make that statement you are willing to bet your life on the fact that he won't have the NHL success of Skinner, that's a useless statement.
I still fail to understand what Malkin has to do with anything. One can only assume it was to a hyperbolic discrediting tactic to make the reverse look more plausible.

The above is all just wishy washy nothingness. Sitting on the fence. I do not believe Grimaldi will have the type of NHL impact Skinner has/will have. Can i see into the future and bet my life? No, despite how incompetent a life i seem to lead.

Side note ; Has anybody been able to watch Delnov in the WHL this year? An absolute unknown to me.

Closed Thread