HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington - Anaheim

Old
10-27-2012, 03:01 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Washington - Anaheim

(Assuming there's no season)

To Washington
2013 1st round pick (my friend calculated mathematical average using last lockout's lottery formula, this pick is most likely to be around 13)
Andrew Cogliano
To Anaheim
Marcus Johansson

You get the replacement for Koivu. We get a player I've seen being called a cap dump and a very good pick.

To the Caps fans, my reasoning is that with Forsberg in town, Caps don't need MJ anymore. Ovechkin - Ribeiro (?) - Wilson, Forsberg - Backstrom - Brouwer.
Having two first round picks (average 13th and 18th) will allow us to address needs both on 2LD and 2C positions.

fedfed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
mighty all the way

That seems like a fair deal if the pick is at around 13. Thing is what would the team do with Holland and Bonino. Bonino can be the future 3rd center but what about Holland? Anyways I think this trade would actually work.

mighty all the way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Halpysback

Anaheim doesn't do it as long as there's a chance that pick becomes MacKinnon or Jones. After the lottery maybe.

Also, Ribeiro is not a long term solution. If McPhee made a move for Faksa or Grigorienko I'd be open for Cogliano + 10-18 for Johansson.

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:26 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Anaheim doesn't do it as long as there's a chance that pick becomes MacKinnon or Jones. After the lottery maybe.

Also, Ribeiro is not a long term solution. If McPhee made a move for Faksa or Grigorienko I'd be open for Cogliano + 10-18 for Johansson.
Yes, I think with that extra pick we could take Gauthier, big center from the Q. Him and Zadorov I think would be a great draft for us. Talk about adding almost 13 feet and 450 lbs to your team in one day.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:47 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

I think you'd be hard-pressed to see Murray trade a first round pick, especially with someone who has such an astute eye for talent in Martin Madden. The organization loves those picks, and considering their prospect pool, rightfully so.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:12 PM
JayOnrait18

very close deal here but its only going to be MJ 3rd sesonin the NHL . He's getting better and pairing him with Forsberg someday will be explosive

JayOnrait18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:15 PM
DJN21

MoJo and rebounds around from the ducks makes them a moderate contender this year hard to imagine theyd pass(season pending obviously).

Ryan-Getz-Perry-Teemu-MoJo makes a nice top 5 anyways

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:33 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
MoJo and rebounds around from the ducks makes them a moderate contender this year hard to imagine theyd pass(season pending obviously).

Ryan-Getz-Perry-Teemu-MoJo makes a nice top 5 anyways
Deal offered only if there's no season. Otherwise it depends on how the Ducks play this year.
I don't know for sure, but what are the chances of Perry and/or Getzlaf leaving next summer? I think Caps could be in line for one of them.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:39 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I don't touch this if I'm Washington. Johansson is a good young player who's going to be an effective top 6 forward for a long time once he grows into his boots. Guys like Robiero won't be around in Washington forever, Cogliano can't play top 6 minutes and 13th overall shouldn't be such a big deal when considering your throwing away a future core player.

Washington is still struggling in the playoffs, so they shouldn't be watering their roster down for futures at this point.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:46 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Deal offered only if there's no season. Otherwise it depends on how the Ducks play this year.
I don't know for sure, but what are the chances of Perry and/or Getzlaf leaving next summer? I think Caps could be in line for one of them.
Getzlaf almost surely re-signs, and I think there are at least 10 teams in front of Washington for Perry. So, probably not. Can't see it happening.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

I pass as a Ducks fan. Ducks scouting staff with another possible top 10 pick in this draft? Ya I think I pass. Not bad value or anything though.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 06:08 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post

Or Monahan, or Barkov, or Lindholm, or Shinkaruk...

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 06:34 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
What if it becomes 13th OA for example?

Old
10-27-2012, 06:42 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Agreed. It's such a deep draft, that the Ducks could get tremendous value even at 13. The top reason not to do the trade. Not a slight on Johansson, but considering the Ducks' draft prowess, those 1st rounders are gold.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
Probably would go for it if Burke was still the GM. But they've been drafting a lot better of late.

Jesus Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

With Forsberg on the roster, we don't need MoJo? Since when is having multiple, high-end, young forwards a bad thing? That's like saying Colorado no longer needs Duchene because they have Landeskog.

Especially given that Riberio isn't signed past this season, and could very well walk away in free agency. Johansson is still our best bet at second line center beyond this season.

Mystlyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:21 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
With Forsberg on the roster, we don't need MoJo? Since when is having multiple, high-end, young forwards a bad thing? That's like saying Colorado no longer needs Duchene because they have Landeskog.

Especially given that Riberio isn't signed past this season, and could very well walk away in free agency. Johansson is still our best bet at second line center beyond this season.
I didn't say we don't need him. I just think the biggest need is not there and you've gotta give to get. The need is big bad guys at center and on D. Zadorov/Gauthier address it.

Old
10-28-2012, 06:24 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
(Assuming there's no season)

To Washington
2013 1st round pick (my friend calculated mathematical average using last lockout's lottery formula, this pick is most likely to be around 13)
Andrew Cogliano
To Anaheim
Marcus Johansson

You get the replacement for Koivu. We get a player I've seen being called a cap dump and a very good pick.

To the Caps fans, my reasoning is that with Forsberg in town, Caps don't need MJ anymore. Ovechkin - Ribeiro (?) - Wilson, Forsberg - Backstrom - Brouwer.
Having two first round picks (average 13th and 18th) will allow us to address needs both on 2LD and 2C positions.
If there's no season then wouldn't there still be a moratorium on trades? Seems like an impossible premise for a deal to me.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Until there's an actual fix on the 1st round picks, I would be surprised to see one dealt at all... That's if there's no season.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:13 AM
txpd

Quote:
I didn't say we don't need him..
you should read your own post. "To the Caps fans, my reasoning is that with Forsberg in town, Caps don't need MJ anymore."

lets assume that there's only room for one of the two which i dont concede at all.
are you saying that forsberg is better than johansson as of right now? if yes, what evidence do you have? if no, why would the win now capitals trade a young player on his elc to make room for a prospect with no nhl experience?

if one were to be traded, i'd think it would be forsberg. it wont be either, but thats another thread

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:43 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
you should read your own post. "To the Caps fans, my reasoning is that with Forsberg in town, Caps don't need MJ anymore."

lets assume that there's only room for one of the two which i dont concede at all.
are you saying that forsberg is better than johansson as of right now? if yes, what evidence do you have? if no, why would the win now capitals trade a young player on his elc to make room for a prospect with no nhl experience?

if one were to be traded, i'd think it would be forsberg. it wont be either, but thats another thread
This proposal was created assuming there's no season, and Johansson ELC expires.
Again, you've gotta give to get. Johanssons are not very difficult to find. I think trade value of Johansson is more than his value to this team.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:39 AM
txpd

Quote:
This proposal was created assuming there's no season, and Johansson ELC expires.
Again, you've gotta give to get. Johanssons are not very difficult to find. I think trade value of Johansson is more than his value to this team.
ok...i'll bite. what are the caps getting? a 30pt per year salary dump forward and an outside the top 10 draft pick in exchange? where's the advantage?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:56 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
ok...i'll bite. what are the caps getting? a 30pt per year salary dump forward and an outside the top 10 draft pick in exchange? where's the advantage?
Let's say it's pick 12 or 13, in this draft, it's really good. You never know who might fall (see: Forsberg) and even if everything goes as projected it could be Zadorov, who would complete our D for the years to come. Zadorov - Green pairing would be fun to watch.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent

vCash: 50
Quote:
What if it becomes 13th OA for example?
This year's draft has 15 or so solid players that are top 10 talent. I'd hold on to any bottom 15 pick I have.

And I'm a big fan of Johansson, as well as a fan of neither team.

Very good proposal though.

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:03 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy and Abed View Post
This year's draft has 15 or so solid players that are top 10 talent. I'd hold on to any bottom 15 pick I have.

And I'm a big fan of Johansson, as well as a fan of neither team.

Very good proposal though.
OT: What is the fascination that Canucks fans have with hit television sitcoms? Troy and Abed, and of course the Green Men from Sunny.