HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Not very good, but his lack of foot speed is more concerning. I think he needs to work on his lower body strength and balance but for a 19 year old he's got a huge frame upper body wise. If he can get quicker and improve his lower body strength he's going to be an interesting prospect as he going to be a moose on skates with good hands.
You are very generous.... It looks ackward and it is bad. Like you said, foot speed included. If it's possible, his entire skating stance would need to be reviewed....not sure you can do that though. That will keep him out of the NHL even if he'd have everything else. And it still remains to be seen that he does. In all the camps I've seen, he struck me as probably the worst skating technique that I've seen from all the prospects that we have. Nothing suggest that it can't improve though. But he'll need to start and real soon. But if people think that Quailer's technique is rather poor....they haven't seen Pribyl.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You are very generous.... It looks ackward and it is bad. Like you said, foot speed included. If it's possible, his entire skating stance would need to be reviewed....not sure you can do that though. That will keep him out of the NHL even if he'd have everything else. And it still remains to be seen that he does. In all the camps I've seen, he struck me as probably the worst skating technique that I've seen from all the prospects that we have. Nothing suggest that it can't improve though. But he'll need to start and real soon. But if people think that Quailer's technique is rather poor....they haven't seen Pribyl.
If there's one Euro prospect I want over ASAP, it's Pribyl, for that reason. As much as he's facing good competition right now I just don't see him improving in this area in the Czech Republic. Maybe another Euro league, but not there.

Which is a shame because he's so interesting everywhere else..but this will keep him out of the NHL.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:36 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Bozon is a much better skater than Ward.

Bozon highlights from last night: http://www.blazerhockey.com/video/in...ce141a3e44eed7

His most impressive moment was hitting the post on that breakaway after a fancy move.
I feel so great about calling for Bozon with our second pick. And even better that we managed to grab him with our 3rd pick.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Bozon is really reaping the benefits of playing with two great players in Lipon (Avs invited him to their training camp this offseason) and Smith (Avs 7th round pick in the 2012 draft), they're by far the best offensive line in 'dub.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Et le But

I think the Blazers line can't be credited to one of the three, it's them together that makes each of them so good. Bozon is never going to be a guy who dominates on his own, but for a potential sniper he's doing everything you'd want him to do. If he ends up a Ryder type of player, great.

I remember last year people downplayed Holland's numbers for player with overagers but I think he's already shown in the AHL how much of his playmaking contributed to that line.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:29 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think the Blazers line can't be credited to one of the three, it's them together that makes each of them so good. Bozon is never going to be a guy who dominates on his own, but for a potential sniper he's doing everything you'd want him to do. If he ends up a Ryder type of player, great.

I remember last year people downplayed Holland's numbers for player with overagers but I think he's already shown in the AHL how much of his playmaking contributed to that line.
Yep, and Shinimin isn't doing too great in the AHL, iirc.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
10-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Everything's clicking for them and they compliment each others perfectly.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:38 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

Everything about his game screams Michael Ryder to me, really. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that though, it's not like we couldn't use another 25-30 goal winger.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:43 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Everything about his game screams Michael Ryder to me, really. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that though, it's not like we couldn't use another 25-30 goal winger.
What about his paper airplane making ability?

Old
10-28-2012, 03:24 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Nothing like Ryder. Not the size, skating style or speed. Not the shot. Offensive awareness, maybe but that's not a good comparison.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Vail with 2 assists today. 20 points in 16 games, tied for 9th in OHL scoring.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Bozon = steal.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:21 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
They're pretty different players, tbh, even if they'd be similar in terms of effect. Everything about Bozon is merely good, except for his ability to inflict physical punishment, which is bad. That is, everything but his hockey sense, which is excellent. I remember watching him on a comparatively "down" game and still thinking to myself "how in the hell does he manage to get that open"?

IMO, he can be consistent at the next level as the person passing him the puck.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
They're pretty different players, tbh, even if they'd be similar in terms of effect. Everything about Bozon is merely good, except for his ability to inflict physical punishment, which is bad. That is, everything but his hockey sense, which is excellent. I remember watching him on a comparatively "down" game and still thinking to myself "how in the hell does he manage to get that open"?

IMO, he can be consistent at the next level as the person passing him the puck.
While his game is very different in style to Ryder, I think you said it best, he reminds me of Ryder in the "effect" I think he can have.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Bullsmith

It's early going, but so far the class of '12 has lived up to the buzz from the draft.

Gally is showing signs of being a guy who can dominate games in the OHL. For a #3 draft pick that's nothing less than you expect, but given how much time he's missed and how much development he still needs, his last few games are at the very least promising.

Collberg looks like he's gotten out of a terrible situation in Frolunda. I honestly think his role there had an enormous amount to do with him falling into the second round, so his transfer to the second-tier league where most other top NHL prospects his age (and older) are playing is potentially a huge help for him. The fact he's scored more there in two games than he did in his entire time in Frolunda is encouraging.

Thrower's the one guy who's struggling. No two ways around that.

Bozon is looking like a major steal. The guy can score, and looks to have the potential to be able to hold his own as a player in other aspects of the game too, though his path the NHL is as a finisher, I think. If he can't score 25+ he won't stick. However, given how hard goals are to come by these days, Bozon's one hell of an exciting prospect for a third round pick.

Vail I think has lived up to any possible expectation. To me the guy is a legitimate third line center prospect, at worst a PKing fourth line guy you can rely on. He looks like a guy with a fairly high shot at making the pros, given his draft position. Guy looks like a pro hockey player, reminds me a bit of Ryan White, not in how he plays but in the way he loves his job. He's one of the boys.

Hudon to me is a huge surprise and I think my biggest worry is that he rushes back from injury. High ankle sprains and concussions can both have lingering, serious effects. He's a real longshot in my books, but if he plays more than 80 games in the NHL it'll be in a top six, PP role IMO. I see a fire in him and focus on creating goals that is pretty hard to dismiss. A bit of Cammy there for sure. Amazed we were able to pick up players like Bozon, Vail and him in the later rounds of what was generally considered a weak draft.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Assist for Bozon tonight in Seattle. 3-3 game.

And he adds an assist on the GWG in OT.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-28-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
It's early going, but so far the class of '12 has lived up to the buzz from the draft.

Gally is showing signs of being a guy who can dominate games in the OHL. For a #3 draft pick that's nothing less than you expect, but given how much time he's missed and how much development he still needs, his last few games are at the very least promising.

Collberg looks like he's gotten out of a terrible situation in Frolunda. I honestly think his role there had an enormous amount to do with him falling into the second round, so his transfer to the second-tier league where most other top NHL prospects his age (and older) are playing is potentially a huge help for him. The fact he's scored more there in two games than he did in his entire time in Frolunda is encouraging.

Thrower's the one guy who's struggling. No two ways around that.

Bozon is looking like a major steal. The guy can score, and looks to have the potential to be able to hold his own as a player in other aspects of the game too, though his path the NHL is as a finisher, I think. If he can't score 25+ he won't stick. However, given how hard goals are to come by these days, Bozon's one hell of an exciting prospect for a third round pick.

Vail I think has lived up to any possible expectation. To me the guy is a legitimate third line center prospect, at worst a PKing fourth line guy you can rely on. He looks like a guy with a fairly high shot at making the pros, given his draft position. Guy looks like a pro hockey player, reminds me a bit of Ryan White, not in how he plays but in the way he loves his job. He's one of the boys.

Hudon to me is a huge surprise and I think my biggest worry is that he rushes back from injury. High ankle sprains and concussions can both have lingering, serious effects. He's a real longshot in my books, but if he plays more than 80 games in the NHL it'll be in a top six, PP role IMO. I see a fire in him and focus on creating goals that is pretty hard to dismiss. A bit of Cammy there for sure. Amazed we were able to pick up players like Bozon, Vail and him in the later rounds of what was generally considered a weak draft.
I wouldn't write off Hudon as top six or bust. Team Canada has used him as a defensive forward and he's done well at it. He's a smart player that can adjust his game to fit the situation.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Watched Bozon's game last night, but went to bed before doing any kind of report. He had a goal and two assists and could've had another goal but hit the post on a breakaway. I wouldn't say that Bozon is the engine that drives his line - he looks like a good complimentary player at this point. In fact I'd say both Lipon and Smith were more "instigators" than Bozon was. But, on the other hand, Bozon has the smarts to be in the right place at the right time, which can be equally important. Defensively he tends to chase the puck and not tie up his man, and it led directly to a goal against at one point. But he's very fast and uses his long reach well.

I don't think the Ryder comparisons are accurate - Bozon seems like a better skater but with a worse shot.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I wouldn't write off Hudon as top six or bust. Team Canada has used him as a defensive forward and he's done well at it. He's a smart player that can adjust his game to fit the situation.
Plus, being a 3rd liner doesn't necessarily make you a banger or checker, lots of teams put our 3 scoring lines like Detroit, Phillie and others.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I don't mean to write him off, just saying to me his nose for the net, his combination of poise and drive as he gets close to a scoring chance, are what make him stand out.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Plus, being a 3rd liner doesn't necessarily make you a banger or checker, lots of teams put our 3 scoring lines like Detroit, Phillie and others.
But the Habs current philosophy seems to be playing 3 checking lines.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Treb

Quote:
But the Habs current philosophy seems to be playing 3 checking lines.
We'll see with Therrien.

That 2012 draft is one were you could see all the draftees in the NHL someday (with the Habs or elsewhere). Can't wait to see what it is with 3 2nd rounders next year.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:52 PM
NotProkofievian

Tim Bozon only had a 2 point night tonight, with an assist on the OT GWG.

Trade this bum already.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

The Bozon pick is an absolute steal

Old
10-29-2012, 10:16 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

His style of playing reminds me more of a guy like Tomas Fleischman than Michael Ryder, not saying he'll put up points like Fleischman but he's got good offensive instincts, he's very smooth and has a nice accurate shot that kind of remind me of Fleischman.

Closed Thread