HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

46th Obsequious Banter Thread - Kimbi Daniels and his frequent FLYER miles

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
That sounds like the TV itself. Chances are good the price for repair may not be worth it compared to a new TV. I guess the best course would be getting an estimate and going from there.

Now that your TV is dead though, this lockout will surely end any moment now. We salute your bold sacrifices.

10-21-2012, 11:00 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
That sounds like the TV itself. Chances are good the price for repair may not be worth it compared to a new TV. I guess the best course would be getting an estimate and going from there.
Yeah, that's what I figured. The TV is old and is a Westinghouse, so I have been expecting it to crap out eventually. Wal-Mart has a 32" Vizio LED (the same size as my broken one) for $248 right now, so I may go buy it later today. Not going to find an LED (or LCD, for that matter) cheaper than that.

Quote:
Now that your TV is dead though, this lockout will surely end any moment now. We salute your bold sacrifices.
Luckily it is the bedroom TV so I am still able to watch TV. Otherwise, I would be much more devastated.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah, that's what I figured. The TV is old and is a Westinghouse, so I have been expecting it to crap out eventually. Wal-Mart has a 32" Vizio LED (the same size as my broken one) for $248 right now, so I may go buy it later today. Not going to find an LED (or LCD, for that matter) cheaper than that.

Luckily it is the bedroom TV so I am still able to watch TV. Otherwise, I would be much more devastated.
Last I heard TV repair runs in the 200 dollar range. Might as well get a new one.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:03 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I got a Vizio 32" LCD for $320 2 years ago, and a week later price dropped to $299 at Walmart. My luck.

Anyway you're right that you won't find anything much cheaper. Vizio makes a solid TV and is underrated, I think. Not as good as some others, but solid. Their TVs are usually a few pounds heavier but if you're only moving it once then that's not a big deal, especially with a 32" TV.

Old
10-22-2012, 02:40 PM
ki11joy

On this day in Flyers history:

Old
10-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Prongo
Beer

If the current track of Hurricane Sandy continues, the northeast wall(strongest part of the storm) will pretty much cover Philadelphia. This storm has the potential to be a serious threat to the region. Going to be a fun couple of days seeing what track Sandy decides to take.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
RIP Philadelphia

Old
10-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Prongo
Beer

Pretty neat picture of the two systems that are going to collide potentially bring us a historical storm.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post

Pretty neat picture of the two systems that are going to collide potentially bring us a historical storm.
anyone want to to go deep sea fishing?

Old
10-26-2012, 10:36 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

This graphic is scarier! Batten down the hatches! Hopefully the Wells Fargo Center is still standing and there is no repeat of the Spectrum roof incident..not that we even have an active season going on...

Old
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

anyone having any issues with twitter? i get directed to mobile.twitter when i go to twitter on my computer. support says i need to update my browser. yet I have windows 8 already. I know I can just use googlechrome instead, i just find it wierd that its doing that on IE.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:53 PM
CootaRoo

[QUOTE=DrinkFightFlyers;55159657]Wal-Mart has a 32" Vizio LED (the same size as my broken one) for $248 right now, so I may go buy it later today. QUOTE]

Just a thought - I got a 48" open box LED for $400 with 18 months no interest financing from Best Buy about a year ago.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Krishna

Vancouver Island just got hit with a 7.7 earthquake and a 5.8 aftershock.

Now under tsunami warning

Old
10-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Krishna

And now Hawaii is under a tsunami warning.. Expected to hit in about 2 1/2 hours

Old
10-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Krishna

Any of you guys know what the laws regarding a wooden fence in a back yard in Philadelphia is? Our one neighbor who doesn't like us has called animal control and CLIP on us at least 5 times in the past month and the animal control and CLIP people recommended putting up a fence that they won't be able to see over so they can't call for ******** reasons. They even said that they've closed the case since other than the one time there wasn't anything wrong with the yard or the animals

Old
10-28-2012, 02:37 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
Just a thought - I got a 48" open box LED for $400 with 18 months no interest financing from Best Buy about a year ago.
Yeah I'm not looking for a TV that big though. That's a good deal, no doubt, but this is a bedroom TV where space is limited. We have a wall mount that only goes up to like 36" I think so we have a limited size range to choose from.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
So, Disney owns Marvel AND Star Wars now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...i-set-for-2015

Old
10-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
So, Disney owns Marvel AND Star Wars now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...i-set-for-2015
Just came here to post this..

They intend on releasing episode 7 in 2015 and then their long term plan is to release movies every 2-3 years

RIP Star Wars Franchise

Old
10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Just came here to post this..

They intend on releasing episode 7 in 2015 and then their long term plan is to release movies every 2-3 years

RIP Star Wars Franchise
Lucas killed it with the prequels. The good news is that Disney cannot possibly screw up the new movies worse than Lucas did Episodes 1-3, unless they set out to do so on purpose.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:20 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Lucas killed it with the prequels. The good news is that Disney cannot possibly screw up the new movies worse than Lucas did Episodes 1-3, unless they set out to do so on purpose.
exactly, when you are watching episode 1 and saw Jar-Jar Binks what did you think? I thought it had Disney written all over it.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Disney isn't all kids movies, either:

Crimson Tide, The Scarlet Letter, Judge Dredd (original), The Rock, Con Air, G.I. Jane, Enemy of the State, The 13th Warrior, National Treasure, The Prestige, and Apocalypto are all Disney Group movies.

They've got a pretty diverse portfolio. Hopefully they don't target Star Wars to 5 year olds; they have no excuse if they do. "But we're Disney" ceases to be an excuse when you've got Apocalypto under your belt.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Any of you guys know what the laws regarding a wooden fence in a back yard in Philadelphia is? Our one neighbor who doesn't like us has called animal control and CLIP on us at least 5 times in the past month and the animal control and CLIP people recommended putting up a fence that they won't be able to see over so they can't call for ******** reasons. They even said that they've closed the case since other than the one time there wasn't anything wrong with the yard or the animals
Sounds to me like you're fine apart from a jackass neighbor. I don't know the laws regarding wooden fences in the city apart from them just needing to be built to code. You can have them in the city, even though the vast majority I see are of the chain link variety.

Quote:
Disney isn't all kids movies, either:

Crimson Tide, The Scarlet Letter, Judge Dredd (original), The Rock, Con Air, G.I. Jane, Enemy of the State, The 13th Warrior, National Treasure, The Prestige, and Apocalypto are all Disney Group movies.

They've got a pretty diverse portfolio. Hopefully they don't target Star Wars to 5 year olds; they have no excuse if they do. "But we're Disney" ceases to be an excuse when you've got Apocalypto under your belt.
That's what worries me. I'll admittedly have trouble adjusting to new actors filling the 3 main roles, but if the stories are good and it's written and acted well (which the prequels weren't) I think I can get over it enough to separate these films mentally from the original 3 to enjoy them on their own. I'm sure some fanboy could tell me what would possibly happen in these movies and what characters we'd see. I'm guessing possibly Admiral Thrawn and/or Mara Jade and something to do with taking back Coruscant.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:23 AM
CootaRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I'm sure some fanboy could tell me what would possibly happen in these movies and what characters we'd see. I'm guessing possibly Admiral Thrawn and/or Mara Jade and something to do with taking back Coruscant.
Princess Leia gets brainwashed by the emperor and betrays Luke and there are... TWO chewbaccas.

-from a very reliable source (TWKYK)

Old
11-01-2012, 12:00 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Mass. Lobsterman Finds Halloween Surprise in Trap

Flyers lobster found in Mass.

Quote:
While Halloween will be a bit delayed, understated or both for humans on the East Coast this year, no one told the region's sea life that the holiday won't go on after superstorm Sandy.

Take the Massachusetts fisherman who found a Halloween treat in his lobster trap that proved to be no trick.

The treat was a lobster caught last week by Dana Duhaime that was not the usual color of lobster-red but orange and black, with the two colors perfectly split down the lobster's back.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...opstories.html

Old
11-01-2012, 12:18 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Saw Foxy Shazam tonight. Holy crap, what a show.