HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 05:11 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Nedolmel also with two assists, +1.

Paterson with 42/40.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:03 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Paterson with 42/40.
What a boss. Saves more shots than shots actually taken.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Nedolmel also with two assists, +1.

Paterson with 42/40.
Nice!

Old
10-27-2012, 01:00 PM
ChadS

Saginaw was actually outshot 42-29 but won 3-2 so Paterson obviously deserved to be the 1st star.

Bodin was on their 1st line tonight. No points even though his linemates were 2+1 and 0+2.

EDIT. Bäckman with an assist, 19:19 icetime. He now has 7 assists, but is still without a goal. That makes him Linköping's point leader among d-men and tied for 11th in the league.

Last edited by ChadS: 10-27-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Forsse90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Bodin was on their 1st line tonight. No points even though his linemates were 2+1 and 0+2.
His linemates got all their points on the powerplay. I guess he's not playing on the PP since his no. 10 was not mentioned as being on the ice when they scored.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
EDIT. Bäckman with an assist, 19:19 icetime. He now has 7 assists, but is still without a goal. That makes him Linköping's point leader among d-men and tied for 11th in the league.
Awesome. From what I understand he's getting little to no power play time.

Old
10-27-2012, 04:35 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsse90 View Post
His linemates got all their points on the powerplay. I guess he's not playing on the PP since his no. 10 was not mentioned as being on the ice when they scored.
In an earlier game I saw he was one the ice for a PP goal. But he's probably just the screener when he plays there.

He's getting to play with pretty good line mates anyhow, Sandberg is on the last U20 roster before the WJC and Johnsson has also played on the National team this year. Two very small guys, I guess they like his size with them.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Mrazek 33/34 .970 sv% win
Pearce 23/29 crap sv% OT loss
Frk 2A +0
Ouellet 1G 2A +0 3rd star
Nyquist 1G 0A -1 (Took assist away)
Tatar 1G 1A -1
Jurco 1A +0
Smith 1G 1A +0
Anderson 1A -2
Athanasiou 1G 1A +1 2nd star

Last edited by WesNichols14: 10-28-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old
10-28-2012, 10:06 AM
joe89

Perfect start to Mrazek's pro career, 3GP and .944. Kent Simpson, who is Chicago's property alongside Petr in Toledo has two starts and .882.

Found this save too, good stuff.

Last edited by joe89: 10-28-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old
10-28-2012, 10:42 AM
ChadS

Mrazek should be in Grand Rapids very soon. I still can't believe they think McCollum/Pearce can be the goalies of an AHL team... Huge mistake when the team itself is scoring OK and could win games with an actual goaltender.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Jokerit lost 1-4 in Färjestad in Sweden in their last European Trophy group game and failed to make the finals. No points for Pulkkinen and he lost his line's center Ben Eaves to a concussion (Tollefsen elbow not caught by the refs), just when it looked like he finally had a center with good chemistry.

Old
10-28-2012, 04:13 PM
gongshow519

Early goal of the year in the o by athanasiou

Old
10-28-2012, 05:45 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Frk, 1G 1A, +0, 4 shots, 1st star

Old
10-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Anchor Town

Jensen with 2 assists last night as well. Good weekend for our prospects

Old
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Mrazek should be in Grand Rapids very soon. I still can't believe they think McCollum/Pearce can be the goalies of an AHL team... Huge mistake when the team itself is scoring OK and could win games with an actual goaltender.
Wings may prefer to leave him in the ECHL and let him get comfortable and acclimated to the pros there instead of moving him up to the AHL only to demote him again, no matter how well he is playing, if/when the lockout ends and Joey MacDonald returns to the Griffins to share the crease with McCollum (who the team needs in the AHL in his contract year to see if he's worth keeping). For a kid like Mrazek who has a fairly long record of being very emotional it might backfire for the Wings to bounce him up and down so soon, especially if he's outplaying McCollum when he's sent back down.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:36 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Wings may prefer to leave him in the ECHL and let him get comfortable and acclimated to the pros there instead of moving him up to the AHL only to demote him again, no matter how well he is playing, if/when the lockout ends and Joey MacDonald returns to the Griffins to share the crease with McCollum (who the team needs in the AHL in his contract year to see if he's worth keeping). For a kid like Mrazek who has a fairly long record of being very emotional it might backfire for the Wings to bounce him up and down so soon, especially if he's outplaying McCollum when he's sent back down.
Joey MacDonald could be in Grand Rapids right now, he doesn't want to be. He won't report there and quite frankly it makes zero sense since he would have made 500K being there this year. Now they cannot waive him until the lockout is lifted, but they probably won't have him report at all. They seemed pretty unhappy with his decision, since it is clear he isn't getting an NHL job. Really confusing stuff, but turn the page.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:07 PM
FissionFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Joey MacDonald could be in Grand Rapids right now, he doesn't want to be. He won't report there and quite frankly it makes zero sense since he would have made 500K being there this year. Now they cannot waive him until the lockout is lifted, but they probably won't have him report at all. They seemed pretty unhappy with his decision, since it is clear he isn't getting an NHL job. Really confusing stuff, but turn the page.
I'm fairly certain this is wrong, not sure where you heard this. Joey MacDonald is on a one-way contract which means he's locked out as well and not eligible to play in the AHL under his current contract, and since the AHL has an agreement with the NHL he can't sign an AHL contract during the lockout either, just like no NHL player can. Even Kenny and Mickey mentioned on the Griffins broadcast that since Joey has a one-way contract he can't play for the Griffins.

Essentially the way I understand the lockout rules in regards to players playing in the AHL is that any player that would be required to be placed on waivers to be assigned to the AHL right not is in essence locked out from both the NHL and AHL until the lockout is lifted since those players are considered to be under NHL contracts and AHL/ECHL teams are not permitted to sign them because of all the affiliation agreements and whatnot between the leagues.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
I'm fairly certain this is wrong, not sure where you heard this. Joey MacDonald is on a one-way contract which means he's locked out as well and not eligible to play in the AHL under his current contract, and since the AHL has an agreement with the NHL he can't sign an AHL contract during the lockout either, just like no NHL player can. Even Kenny and Mickey mentioned on the Griffins broadcast that since Joey has a one-way contract he can't play for the Griffins.

Essentially the way I understand the lockout rules in regards to players playing in the AHL is that any player that would be required to be placed on waivers to be assigned to the AHL right not is in essence locked out from both the NHL and AHL until the lockout is lifted since those players are considered to be under NHL contracts and AHL/ECHL teams are not permitted to sign them because of all the affiliation agreements and whatnot between the leagues.
Could be, just remember them saying he wasn't put on waivers because he didn't want to play in the NHL and wanted to see if they could get him an NHL gig if possible. I thought the vets that played a certain amount of games or were on the clear day roster were still eligible to be sent as long as they cleared waivers. I thought he was in that category. You might be right, I just thought he didn't go down because he didn't want to, at least that is how I took it when reading about it in September.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:38 PM
FissionFire

Players can't be placed on waivers until the end of training camp, and during a lockout all player transactions are frozen meaning no trades, signings, waivers, etc.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
Finally Tvrdon scores, hatty for him tonight 3+1 and plus 3. Was in all 4 Vancouver goals, his team is currently last in the WHL and has seemed to have trouble scoring as a whole.

I wanna see Tvrdon do well because he is one of the few wings prospects with great size and skill.
Nice to see the weekend he had, scored another goal today (the only goal for Vancouver) but was a minus 3. That team is not very good, he is pretty much going to have to do it himself, unless a trade comes. Still he is over a point a game again and the goals are starting to come, so he is making the best of a bad situation.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:12 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow519 View Post
Early goal of the year in the o by athanasiou
link?

Old
10-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Jensen with 2 assists last night as well. Good weekend for our prospects
Nice, good to see him chipping in offense.

Old
10-29-2012, 11:02 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
link?
Not on youtube from what I can see, but check out the game recap on Barrie's website:

http://www.barriecolts.com/video/index

Oct. 27 versus Niagara. Athanasiou's goal starts around the :40 second mark of that video. Pretty slick moves.

Old
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
It was a nice goal but i cant see that being a top goal of the year. More along the lines of his speed being a tremendous asset to set himself up and those dmen just playing it poorly. Solid though.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:03 PM
griffs

To clear up AHL/NHL lockout rules a bit since there were several questions on this in prior posts in regards to Joey McDonald...

option #1 NHL teams were allowed to send down any player that was not required to pass through waivers. (Basically guys on entry level deals that have not reached a minimum number of NHL games)

option #2
There was also a 1 week window give to NHL teams to send down any guy on a 2way contract that finished last season in the AHL or was on a clear day roster.

In regards to Joey he fails option 1 due to his age, contract, and number of NHL games played. He fails option #2 on all counts as he has a 1way deal, he did not finish last season in the AHL, and he was not on the Griffins clear day roster. (Conklin/Pearce were the goalies on the clear day list)

Closed Thread