HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Luongo Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2012, 02:22 PM
  #951
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Wouldn't a CBA be required to determine the "outs"?
Only insignificantly. The CBA won't tell players they can't waive their NTC or void parts of contracts where they will allow the team to trade them. The only thing it realistically could impact is if he retires early where is cap hit goes...which favours whoever gets Luo not the Canucks.

Lets be serious here. Does anyone really think that Philly is going to vote for a deal that would put Pronger back on the books even with his injury? Ed Schinder is on the negotiation committe for the owners. Does anyone think he would shoot himself in the foot like that?


EDIT: Also McArthur is the most we should accept as a camp dump. Bozak is already a UFA next year, so it would basically give us two rentals. The rest had better make up for it.

Bozak
McArthur
Colbourne
Blacker
2014 1st (only 2014 because of all the whining about this supposedly "deep" draft)

For Luongo

2 soon to be UFAs, 2 prospects and a future 1st.


Last edited by Seatoo: 10-28-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Seatoo is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 02:46 PM
  #952
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,743
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Only insignificantly. The CBA won't tell players they can't waive their NTC or void parts of contracts where they will allow the team to trade them. The only thing it realistically could impact is if he retires early where is cap hit goes...which favours whoever gets Luo not the Canucks.

Lets be serious here. Does anyone really think that Philly is going to vote for a deal that would put Pronger back on the books even with his injury? Ed Schinder is on the negotiation committe for the owners. Does anyone think he would shoot himself in the foot like that?


EDIT: Also McArthur is the most we should accept as a camp dump. Bozak is already a UFA next year, so it would basically give us two rentals. The rest had better make up for it.

Bozak
McArthur
Colbourne
Blacker
2014 1st (only 2014 because of all the whining about this supposedly "deep" draft)

For Luongo

2 soon to be UFAs, 2 prospects and a future 1st.
If we don't get that, let's wait it out.

Cogburn is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:42 PM
  #953
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Only insignificantly. The CBA won't tell players they can't waive their NTC or void parts of contracts where they will allow the team to trade them. The only thing it realistically could impact is if he retires early where is cap hit goes...which favours whoever gets Luo not the Canucks.

Lets be serious here. Does anyone really think that Philly is going to vote for a deal that would put Pronger back on the books even with his injury? Ed Schinder is on the negotiation committe for the owners. Does anyone think he would shoot himself in the foot like that?


EDIT: Also McArthur is the most we should accept as a camp dump. Bozak is already a UFA next year, so it would basically give us two rentals. The rest had better make up for it.

Bozak
McArthur
Colbourne
Blacker
2014 1st (only 2014 because of all the whining about this supposedly "deep" draft)

For Luongo

2 soon to be UFAs, 2 prospects and a future 1st.
For an (arguably) top 5 goaltender, that's really a bunch of ****.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
  #954
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I don't expect Gillis to accept all of those players I mentioned. So let's say Burke just offered him Tim Connolly. Does one player like him still need to include someone like Jake Gardiner or Morgan Reilly? Personally speaking I wouldn't mind having to include other prospects like Jesse Blacker, Kenny Ryan and maybe Carter Ashton if Toronto does include at least one cap dump. So does that sound more fair keeping in mind after the next season Connolly is set to become a UFA. So worst case Connolly is on the Canucks for at least 1 year.
Leaf fans wont like it, but id say yes it does mean that.
Connoly s a liability -- odds are hell be injured or producing no more than a Hansen. Big risk for Canucks to eat $5M of cap ...

NYVanfan is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:49 PM
  #955
DaveT83*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
For an (arguably) top 5 goaltender, that's really a bunch of ****.
Top 5 in what world?

He's arguably top 15 at best right now. His contract situation makes him Top 30.
His age complicates things even further.

DaveT83* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:50 PM
  #956
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
For an (arguably) top 5 goaltender, that's really a bunch of ****.
That's your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it.

Realistically we will not get a kings ransom for Luo, and lets really be honest with ourselves; Luo is getting older and he needs to bring us a return.

If Raymond and Frattin were added to the deal would you view it differently?

Seatoo is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
  #957
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
Top 5 in what world?

He's arguably top 15 at best right now. His contract situation makes him Top 30.
His age complicates things even further.
Anyone who quotes Luo's contract as being a bad thing is uneducated on the issue, biased or both.

Take your pick.

I do agree he is not top 5 in the world. Top 10? You bet your ass he is.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:54 PM
  #958
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy and Abed View Post
Good start with Kadri and Colborne.

We do not want to touch any of Connolly, Lombardi or Komisarek.

And definitely no to Bozak being the major piece coming back lol.

So thanks, but no thanks.
As far as forwards, it's going to be either Bozak or Kulemin as the primary "now" piece.

I've heard rumblings TOR plans to move JVR to center, which means you have Bozak, Connolly, Lombardi, Steckel, McClement fighting for two center spots. Steckel is a lock-down 3C, and McClement is a new acquisition and the perfect 3/4C. Which puts Bozak (or Grabovski?), Connolly, and Lombardi on the wing if they stay.

Vancouver would be looking for depth at center and wing, and two-way capability. Kulemin fits that bill perfectly, and Bozak is also a good fit. So let's start there.

Bozak+Kulemin+?=Luongo+?

Vancouver probably wouldn't be pleased with that return overall, and would want prospects or high picks in addition.

Bozak+Kulemin+TOR 1st=Luongo+?

Burke is now looking at that and thinking "Hmm. That's an awful lot to give up for one guy." So he wants something back. He also would be looking to keep the deal generally cap-equal without crippling the Leafs.

Bozak+Kulemin+Lombardi+TOR 1st=Luongo+Ballard

Lombardi would fit in Vancouver's bottom six with his speed, and Ballard could help Toronto much more than he does Vancouver.

pdd is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:55 PM
  #959
sgupca
Registered User
 
sgupca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,639
vCash: 500
C. MacArthur + Ashton/Blacker +2nd round pick is the type of deal i see landing Lu


Leaf fans say too much, nuck fans say not enough. I think if the 'new' CBA keeps contacts 'as-is' this deal turns out to be pretty solid for both teams. The Nucks rid themselves of Luongo and his reasonable, but long contract for a solid 2nd/3rd line winger and a B level prospect and a fairly high draft pick.

sgupca is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:56 PM
  #960
DaveT83*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Anyone who quotes Luo's contract as being a bad thing is uneducated on the issue, biased or both.

Take your pick.

I do agree he is not top 5 in the world. Top 10? You bet your ass he is.
H'es a 33 year old netminder with 10 years remaining on his contract...

If he's so good why don't you guys keep him and trade the redundant Schneider?

DaveT83* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:58 PM
  #961
DaveT83*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
C. MacArthur + Ashton/Blacker +2nd round pick is the type of deal i see landing Lu


Leaf fans say too much, nuck fans say not enough. I think if the 'new' CBA keeps contacts 'as-is' this deal turns out to be pretty solid for both teams. The Nucks rid themselves of Luongo and his reasonable, but long contract for a solid 2nd/3rd line winger and a B level prospect and a fairly high draft pick.
This is reasonable.

Bozak is a better player/fit than CMac is in Vancouver.
I think the size and length of Luo's contract requires taking some salary back.

Lombardi if healthy is a great 3C option. Lots of speed. Lots of experience. If he doesnt' work out bury him.

DaveT83* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 03:59 PM
  #962
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
H'es a 33 year old netminder with 10 years remaining on his contract...

If he's so good why don't you guys keep him and trade the redundant Schneider?
Don't forget everyone has basically said if the Canucks wanted to trade Schneider they could get a lot more in return for him compared to anything they might get for Luongo.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:00 PM
  #963
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
C. MacArthur + Ashton/Blacker +2nd round pick is the type of deal i see landing Lu


Leaf fans say too much, nuck fans say not enough. I think if the 'new' CBA keeps contacts 'as-is' this deal turns out to be pretty solid for both teams. The Nucks rid themselves of Luongo and his reasonable, but long contract for a solid 2nd/3rd line winger and a B level prospect and a fairly high draft pick.
I think that trade looks fair for both teams.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:04 PM
  #964
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
H'es a 33 year old netminder with 10 years remaining on his contract...

If he's so good why don't you guys keep him and trade the redundant Schneider?
Because we have the luxury of two #1 goalies, and we chose the younger of the two. What would you do?

Toronto has the luxur- liability of two young, green and unproven goalies who have next to no chance of being successful.

I think my proposals are generally fair value. Luo will not be had for spare part rentals and B prospects. It just won't happen. However what Gillis asked for first made me then made me

Bozak
McArthur
Frattin
Blacker
Colbourne
TO 2014 1st

For Luo and Raymond

Seatoo is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
  #965
DaveT83*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Because we have the luxury of two #1 goalies, and we chose the younger of the two. What would you do?

Toronto has the luxur- liability of two young, green and unproven goalies who have next to no chance of being successful.

I think my proposals are generally fair value. Luo will not be had for spare part rentals and B prospects. It just won't happen. However what Gillis asked for first made me then made me

Bozak
McArthur
Frattin
Blacker
Colbourne
TO 2014 1st

For Luo and Raymond
Talk about being out of touch with reality.

Here's my counter proposal:

1. Connnolly
2. Lombardi
3. Komi
4. 4th Rounder

For Kesler+Kassian

DaveT83* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:09 PM
  #966
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Haven't read the past few pages. Is it still full of proposals having Luongo going to the Leafs for spare parts?

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:11 PM
  #967
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
For an (arguably) top 5 goaltender, that's really a bunch of ****.
looks ok to me. Doubt we'll get anything more than that.

Moore Money is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:13 PM
  #968
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
looks ok to me. Doubt we'll get anything more than that.
If we don't get much more than that (btw that package is garbage) then we should just hold on to Luongo.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:16 PM
  #969
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
Talk about being out of touch with reality.

Here's my counter proposal:

1. Connnolly
2. Lombardi
3. Komi
4. 4th Rounder

For Kesler+Kassian
2 middle 6 rentals
1 roster player with potential
2 B prospects
2014 1st

For
Top 10 goalie in the world
Middle 6 defensive forward with speed and the ability to pot 10-20 goals

Not as out of touch as you may think

Seatoo is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:17 PM
  #970
DaveT83*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 500
Trading Luongo would be a clear indication that Vancouvers window of winning a cup is closed.

Vancouver fans would you agree that your moment in the sun is now over? Have you begun rebuilding?
That's the only reason I can see as to why you'd want to trade your ALL-STAR Goalie for picks/prospects and run with a Rookie Netminder.

Otherwise management believes that it will be more competitive without Luo. Without the stranglehold of his contract. Without the "Atmosphere of Losing" he carries with him.

DaveT83* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:17 PM
  #971
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
If we don't get much more than that (btw that package is garbage) then we should just hold on to Luongo.
and do what, trade Schneider? **** that!

no we cant keep them both forever.

Moore Money is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:19 PM
  #972
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I think that trade looks fair for both teams.
A 3rd line rental, a B prospect and a 2nd for a worldwide top ten goalie

Pass. Good luck with Reimer and whoever the other guy is.

Seatoo is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:23 PM
  #973
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,499
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
and do what, trade Schneider? **** that!

no we cant keep them both forever.
Split games or give more starts to the one who's playing better, and move Luongo when a team actually offers something of value.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:29 PM
  #974
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Some of these trades are brutal.. Get ready to be shocked nucks fans

TML g u n n e R s* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 04:34 PM
  #975
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
Some of these trades are brutal.. Get ready to be shocked nucks fans
Gardiner, 2 1sts, 2nd, and lupul surprised?????


Seatoo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.