HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NFL Thread VI: Andre Brown Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 06:59 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Fewell should be benched next game lol
He absolutely sucks.

His schemes are brutal. The soft zone coverage allowed Romo to march up and down the field.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:00 PM
30theking

They better wake the **** up next week.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:01 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Ugly Ugly Ugly.

Not a win you brag about. Got lucky to be honest.

The receivers were awful, Gilbride, the D outside of the turn overs, was brutal.

Neither team deserved the win, but someone had to.
The play calling was simply crap. I think they stopped giving the ball to Bradshaw on 1st down in the 4th quarter. Week 1 Cruz came back. Hixon did a boneheaded play: instead of taking a step or two forward, he runs along the side.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I've always said "A win is a win".

That has officially been called into question tonight.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

A win is definitely a win- this gives us a huge buffer in the NFC East.

However, that's two wins in a row where Eli looks a little off and the defense, besides when they intercept the ball, has been absolutely brutal.

On the bright side, the great play of Stevie Brown might make losing Kenny Phillips more bearable.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:12 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

However, that's two wins in a row where Eli looks a little off and the defense, besides when they intercept the ball, has been absolutely brutal.

On the bright side, the great play of Stevie Brown might make losing Kenny Phillips more bearable.
Eli was fine today. imo.

The QB is an extension of the receivers. He threw the ball fine but if the receiver doesn't catch the ball, even if it's perfectly thrown, the QB numbers look ugly.

Six drop passes by the Nicks, Cruz, Barden and Bennent. Cruz not holding on to the ball cost Eli an INT.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Stevie brown has outplayed Phillips by a long shot. This was a terrible win. It almost doesn't feel like one

Old
10-28-2012, 07:13 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Eli wasn't all that bad in either of the last two weeks. Average for sure. Today, his receivers had some uncharacteristic drops, particularly on 3rd down. Was a return to Week 1 for Cruz. Nicks wasn't much better. A win is DEFINITELY a win. The good teams find a way in these circumstances. NFC East driver's seat. Traditionally poor in second half of seasons under Coughlin. Buckle up! Stevie Brown does look like a player. Hosley had a rough one. On to next week and Pittsburgh!

Old
10-28-2012, 07:25 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
Stevie brown has outplayed Phillips by a long shot. This was a terrible win. It almost doesn't feel like one
Was having this discussion with my friend while we were watching the game. (Disclaimer: I am incredibly biased in Phillips' favor, he's my favorite Giant). Stevie Brown is absolutely putting up sexy numbers, he's making a case for the ProBowl with the way he's piling up stats. However, Kenny Phillips is by far and away the better safety and when he's healthy he better be plugged back in right away. Phillips' awareness alone could have made today's game very different.

Now for the game, ugly and lucky, but the Giants are sitting pretty at 6-2 while the rest of the NFC East is under .500 and halfway into the season that's HUGE.

The offense was terrible. Defense was only good when they rushed 5+

Rolle going down is brutal, hope he's OK. Same goes for Blackburn.

Thought AB2 was running the ball great and I had hoped he'd get some more reps.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

A win is a win. We went up big early, Dallas regained their composure and came back, and we battled it out and came away with the win. Great teams win when they don't play their best.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Ugly Ugly Ugly.

Not a win you brag about. Got lucky to be honest.

The receivers were awful, Gilbride, the D outside of the turn overs, was brutal.

Neither team deserved the win, but someone had to.
You can add in Eli there. He was downright horrible today. Underthrowing and overthrowing everyone.

And that pass on the Hixon catch . . . My God what a horrible pass in a crucial time.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

you know who was great though who's great every week and always flies under the radar? Steve Weatherford.

The fumbled punt was an absolute bomb and that last one with under a minute left was very crucial and he sent them all the way back to the 30.

Kicking and punting cannot be understand, you simply can't win consistently if those two guys aren't effective.

Of course there was the Matt Dodge incident in between, but Feagles and Weatherford have been understated aspects of the Giant's reign at the top in recent years.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
The D line, Tynes and Weatherford were the only bright marks in this game.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
And Stevie Brown, man!

Old
10-28-2012, 08:41 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
And Stevie Brown, man!
Basically...

Nothing else good came out of this game.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Basically...

Nothing else good came out of this game.
A win! A divisional win at that.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
A win! A divisional win at that.
Yeah right after the game when you're frustrated you might say it feels like a loss, but think about it.....

Old
10-28-2012, 09:21 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
You can add in Eli there. He was downright horrible today. Underthrowing and overthrowing everyone.

And that pass on the Hixon catch . . . My God what a horrible pass in a crucial time.
Do we blame Eli for that Bennet drop, Cruz being unable to make a catch, and Hixon running along the side instead of fighting forward?

There were some questionable throws, however, this game was an extension of Week 1. You should be placing the blame on the receivers...and what the **** were they thinking continuously handing the ball to Bradshaw on 1st down plays?!

Old
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
30theking

they actually had good coverage at times when they were playing man to man. this is just not the type of secondary that can succeed playing zone coverage. plus they have way too many miscommunications that lead to broken coverages such as that pass before the half to a very very wide open dez bryant. and speaking of dez bryant how are you not all over him as the final seconds are ticking. you know they have only one play and thats to throw a deep pass to the endzone and yet you leave him wide open with noone on top of him but lucky for them he had his hand on the white line when he landed.

Last edited by 30theking: 10-28-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
they actually had good coverage at times when they were playing man to man. this is just not the type of secondary that can succeed playing zone coverage. plus they have way too many miscommunications that lead to broken coverages such as that pass before the half to a very very wide open dez bryant. and speaking of dez bryant how are you not all over him as the final seconds are ticking. you know they have only one play and thats to throw a deep pass to the endzone and yet you leave him wide open with noone on top of him but lucky for them he had his on the white line when he landed.
It's like Fewell is trying to force the issue. Square peg into round hole.

The defense is MUCH better when they're jamming receivers with the man to man coverage.

Evidence: the playoffs last year and the 49er game this year.
Whenever they play this soft cover 2 zone nonsense, that's when they get eaten up.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Do we blame Eli for that Bennet drop, Cruz being unable to make a catch, and Hixon running along the side instead of fighting forward?

There were some questionable throws, however, this game was an extension of Week 1. You should be placing the blame on the receivers...and what the **** were they thinking continuously handing the ball to Bradshaw on 1st down plays?!
I blame him for throwing behind Nicks, overthrowing Cruz once (the one where Cruz had to fully stretch at the sidelines and still barely miss the ball), and his horrible throw to Hixon.

Again, Eli has to get some blame. I am sick of him getting NO blame. He has not been all that great this year at times. He's human -- it's natural. He can't be great every game. So when he sucks (like today), he should be mentioned as sucking.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM
30theking

Quote:
I blame him for throwing behind Nicks, overthrowing Cruz once (the one where Cruz had to fully stretch at the sidelines and still barely miss the ball), and his horrible throw to Hixon.

Again, Eli has to get some blame. I am sick of him getting NO blame. He has not been all that great this year at times. He's human -- it's natural. He can't be great every game. So when he sucks (like today), he should be mentioned as sucking.
i agree manning didnt have a great game. they need to start doing better in the red zone. cant keep settling for just field goals. i do give some credit to the cowboys secondary though. claiborne and carr are good physical corners.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:16 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:

I don't know which sideline throw you're talking about, but if it's the one that was thrown over one Dallas defender and dropped down to Cruz, I"m sorry, that's on Cruz, as were his other drops.

When a receiver gets both hands on the ball without having to leap or dive for it, the receiver gets the blame, not the QB.

I know which throw you're talking about with regards to Hixon, but even then, why didn't Hixon position himself beyond the marker? A similar boneheaded move he did against Philly, and in another play, instead of taking another stride or two to get the 1st down, he ran along the side and was tackled.

Also, how doesn't Eli get no blame? Did you watch last week's game?

Old
10-28-2012, 10:27 PM
30theking

romo threw the ball 63 times which means we did a pretty good job at stopping the run even though they didnt have murray playing.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I don't know which sideline throw you're talking about, but if it's the one that was thrown over one Dallas defender and dropped down to Cruz, I"m sorry, that's on Cruz, as were his other drops.

When a receiver gets both hands on the ball without having to leap or dive for it, the receiver gets the blame, not the QB.

I know which throw you're talking about with regards to Hixon, but even then, why didn't Hixon position himself beyond the marker? A similar boneheaded move he did against Philly, and in another play, instead of taking another stride or two to get the 1st down, he ran along the side and was tackled.

Also, how doesn't Eli get no blame? Did you watch last week's game?
I;m talking about where Cruz had to jump about 4 feet in the air and just barely missed the ball. It was, I believe, a 3rd down throw as well.

And on the Hixon throw, he had an opening if the ball was right. Instead of leading him, Eli threw well behind him. It was a joke of a throw.

Eli barely gets any blame. Even last week people were still making excuses. He has had a very rough season save two or so games.

Closed Thread