HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Abbotsford Heat vs Hamilton Bulldogs-5:00pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Another 10 shot night for CHL line, 35 in 3 games togther. Unfortunately no goal to go along with it.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Mayer is dat *****

Old
10-28-2012, 07:32 PM
poetryinmotion

Was expecting more from Gallagher.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:36 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
He's definitely having a tough time adjusting to the pros.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Definitely had a forgettable game. Couldn't connect with any passes, and just looked like he lacked confidence out there.

His main issue, IMO, is that he needs to work on his first step quickness.

10-28-2012, 07:42 PM
zzoo

Good game:
1. Mayer
2. Bournival
3. Blunden
4. Geoffrion
5. Holland

Same as the Friday game, I continue to like Dumont, and I'm a bit disappointed in Gallagher although he works very hard.

What happens to Atvsin ? I haven't seen him in the last 2 games. Is he healthy scratch or injured ?

Old
10-28-2012, 07:45 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Good game:
1. Mayer
2. Bournival
3. Blunden
4. Geoffrion
5. Holland

Same as the Friday game, I continue to like Dumont, and I'm a bit disappointed in Gallagher although he works very hard.

What happens to Atvsin ? I haven't seen him in the last 2 games. Is he healthy scratch or injured ?
Can't crack the lineup. Hasn't played all year.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Looked like Abbotsford took the Dogs for granted, as I didn't think that was a very good effort by them but nice win for the Dogs as they needed the 2 points. Some nice hits from Tinordi and Pateryn, good to see. I thought Nash was a little shaky and that penalty didn't help matters. Mayer with another good game, has looked better this year so far then in the past, Delmas could be in trouble once Desjardins returns.

I continue to be impressed with Holland's offensive zone play, out of the rookie forwards he's been the best to date imo, while Gallagher has struggled the most but the kid line has been fun to watch. Good to see the vets step it up, solid all round effort and a entertaining game to watch.

Dogs off till Friday so they will get some key practice time in hopefully.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

How was the game ? Who all got the points ? I had a ****** work meeting

Old
10-28-2012, 08:02 PM
EveryDay

All the defenceman was good today! Pateryn was the best.

Hope they keep that top 6.
Hoping to see Desjardins soon even through Mayer is playing well!

Stortini is the useless player in the team by FAR....Bring Avstin in!

Old
10-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Et le But

Since when was Mayer a real AHL goalie?

Old
10-28-2012, 08:28 PM
TroyM

I was really impressed with Pateryn on D, Beaulieu and St Denis looked good too.

Up front, Geoffrion had a great game, picked it up as it went along. Bournival looked good too. Palushaj was disappointing, and the CHL line didn't have too much going on but weren't bad by any means.

Mayer also looked great in net! I hope he can do that a few more times until Desjardins is ready to go.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:31 PM
That

I was really impressed with Tinordi and Pateryn today. Both were physical and played some very smart hockey. I love Pateryn's spin in his own zone in the third . Tinordi crushed Baertschi, that was pretty awesome. Very good game for both of them, I wasn't a fan of playing them together earlier on, but they really showed some good stuff tonight.

I'm not a fan of Beaulieu, but he's been really good the past two games. He hasn't been showing much offensively, however his defensive play has been very solid. He's honestly been my biggest surprise so far this year.

Holland is a very creative player, while he didn't show very much of that tonight, he was still very solid.

Bournival was the best skater for Hamilton today. He was all over the ice and created a ton of chances. He was blazing fast and never gave up on a play.

Gallagher looks very frustrated. I don't know what's going on with him but he needs to slow the play down more often. He also needs to start passing the puck more instead of just driving it to the net.

BTW, did anyone notice Baertschi today? I had to check the boxscore twice to see if he was playing, I was disappointed in him.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Good game:
1. Mayer
2. Bournival
3. Blunden
4. Geoffrion
5. Holland

Havent watched a game yet but looking at bulldogs GDTs it seems like the same players are playing well especially Holland, Geoffrion and Bournival up front. I'm a lil worried about Gallagher constantly being mentioned for not having good games.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Havent watched a game yet but looking at bulldogs GDTs it seems like the same players are playing well especially Holland, Geoffrion and Bournival up front. I'm a lil worried about Gallagher constantly being mentioned for not having good games.
Its funny because when I'm reading assessment from other teams fans, Gallagher is a name that keeps coming up as having done something impressive. It might just be perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That
BTW, did anyone notice Baertschi today? I had to check the boxscore twice to see if he was playing, I was disappointed in him.
He had the puck in the neutral zone fairly often was involved in setting up plays but Tinordi-Pateryn matched up against him quite a bit and did a good job containing him.

In general it was a good night for the Bulldog's defensive six. Each was playing within a role they are suited for.

Last edited by Talks to Goalposts: 10-28-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I'm a lil worried about Gallagher constantly being mentioned for not having good games.
I thought he was fine today, no need to worry. He's playing well for a 20 year old playing big minutes in a lockout boosted AHL.

People just need to understand he's a good prospect who needs a significant amount of AHL time. At least a full year, IMO. He's not a NHL ready prospect right now, regardless of what happened in last year's TC.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:31 PM
AllanMTL46

Well said. We got some great talent down there, but no one's really NHL ready at the moment of all those new prospects.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM
deandebean

Reading you guys over the last weeks, Bournival seems to make a place for himself in the AHL. According to most of you who've seen the games, he's been pretty steady. He was a hard worker in the Q. Has he maintained the same style of play in the A?

Old
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Reading you guys over the last weeks, Bournival seems to make a place for himself in the AHL. According to most of you who've seen the games, he's been pretty steady. He was a hard worker in the Q. Has he maintained the same style of play in the A?
Hard working, great skater and enough skill to get by. He's been all round solid.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

I was blown away by the play of Pateryn today.. He is good.

One play in particular where I thought his only play was a hard ring around the boards and he did a quick pivit/ 360 to get away from the forward near his own net to get away and make a perfect outlet pass.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals

Are there game highlights anywhere?

Old
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
HabsPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
I was blown away by the play of Pateryn today.. He is good.

One play in particular where I thought his only play was a hard ring around the boards and he did a quick pivit/ 360 to get away from the forward near his own net to get away and make a perfect outlet pass.
That play was a beauty.

Nathan Beaulieu, I found played a really strong game, looked like an NHL out there. Very few turnovers, and can already see a difference. He is finally learning that "Simpler is better" in some cases. Needs to learn to get the puck ON net, maybe we should go back to the old classic "10 push ups for every time you miss the net".

Ellis struggled. Gave the puck up in his zone too often, and not that it isn't expected. His "Timing" is off. He still thinks he is in Junior, and is holding the puck for too long on his stick. By the time he gets around to pass, he is pressured by the opposing team's forwards and the pass is off-target.

Tinordi played OK. A few solid hits, and solid defensive plays. Seems to struggle with puck control.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Yes, he's quickly found his niche. Playing his customary solid 2-way dependable and very competitive game but also chipping in some offence.

Highlights:

Old
10-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Drunk World Order

Man you guys have high expectations for these youngsters...soooo critical...wake up there the 2nd youngest team in the league...boys are now playing against men...it will take at least a year for them to re-adjust! Take it easy....get it together its gonna take time!

Last edited by overlords: 10-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old
10-28-2012, 11:39 PM
JHabs61

CHL line?

Closed Thread