HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Torts interview with Brooks 10/24/12

Old
10-28-2012, 07:34 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
wording makes it sound like all of them... which is pretty surprising since i thought kreider, and jean have been good and miller's been fine. maybe torts is just comparing to nhl level... expecting guys to carry the team on their backs down there???
I'm a practicing linguist, FWIW... as a few have said, he was right, or was he? We'll never know, and I'm sure he wouldn't remember--would be interesting to give him a grammar test!

As far as the subject--is it really NONE, or is it KIDS. How much would it even matter? Almost none of us speak(s proper english, anyhow?

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
wording makes it sound like all of them... which is pretty surprising since i thought kreider, and jean have been good and miller's been fine. maybe torts is just comparing to nhl level... expecting guys to carry the team on their backs down there???
It's part of the job of any manager to push your employees to the next level. Give them a little more than what they think they can handle (or are comfortable with), and before you know it, they've gone beyond expectations and are ready for the next challenge. Give an employee an easy job, and they'll eventually sink to that level.

That is the ultimate challenge during a lockout when you're sending NHL level players to a lower league. You have to break out the whips and force them to break beyond the AHL standard to keep them sharp for the NHL game...if it ever happens.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote