HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brooklyn Themed Secondary Logo / Third Jersey

Old
10-26-2012, 10:43 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves View Post
Absolutely awful. Sorry if this opinion offends you.
Nothing offends me haha. I have no idea what Islanders fans want in an alternate, personally I think they have sick threads but they dont lend themselves well to other jersey concepts

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:24 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Nothing offends me haha. I have no idea what Islanders fans want in an alternate, personally I think they have sick threads but they dont lend themselves well to other jersey concepts
See? Someone else sees it. Isles and Oilers have VERY COOL JERSEYS. (wonder who had that design first?)

The DRW and Canadiens have the best jerseys, IMHO....and both need not change them ever. As should we never need to. (and Edmonton....that Oil drop ranks right up there with Stan Fischler)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
I realize this thread is about alternate jerseys, but I really think the team has to include Brooklyn & Queens as part of our main logo. We're no longer NYCs suburban team, we're the 2nd team in NYC. As a NYC team we have to represent NYC on our map based logo. It's a minor change, but it's one that really should be made.

Brooklyn/Queens HAS to be added to the logo. You have to figure that will be done by 2015.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:44 AM
KevFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Any real Islander fan would be completely offended by this thread. There's only one logo I can accept and only 2 jerseys. The Islander white and the Islander blue!!!
"F" Brooklyn!!!
Here's the thing: As much as we think "screw anything else but the classic logo/colors/uniforms. We don't need/want a third jersey. Don't touch a damned thing," the fact is, this is a multimillion dollar business and third jerseys make money. That's why they change every year, so people buy more jerseys.

My stance is the same as my stance on the designated hitter rule: I hate it, it's not real baseball. But as a realist, I understand it's never going to go away, so I think the NL should add the DH so the rules are the same.

So, while I agree with the basis for your statement, as a realist, I accept the invitable: We will have a third jersey. And most fans will probably hate it, but some will like it and buy it. (And money for the franchise is good, even if their taste is bad).

And that's why I opened photoshop and tried to draw one that wouldn't be a total abortion like last year's was.

KevFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Yitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieNY View Post
Horrendous......A radical redesign of the logo would be such a kick in the nuts to us. Dont tamper with it, even in a move. Even if its a 3rd jersey
You guys in long island had your chance to keep the team. The Isles are in Brooklyn now, they absolutely should embrace that new part of their identity.

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yitz View Post
You guys in long island had your chance to keep the team. The Isles are in Brooklyn now, they absolutely should embrace that new part of their identity.
There are plenty of NYI fans in Nassau County, who supported both the Lighthouse project and the Aug. 1st bond vote.

Many of those fans don't support changing the name, colors or logo.
Bettman doesn't support changing the name, colors or logo.
Wang doesn't support changing the name, colors or logo.
The isles alumni do not support changing the name, colors or logo.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:02 PM
RealSturat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post

Brooklyn/Queens HAS to be added to the logo. You have to figure that will be done by 2015.
I agree! It's a simple change that does not alter the look at all. I also think a Brooklyn shoulder patch is in order as well. Maybe we can also get a great third jersey now. I like the bridge and hockey stick logo and as long as it includes the Isles logo as a patch on the shoulder.

Another thought is that we may see an increase in the amount of merchandise available as a whole. Every time I get the NHL merchandise catalog I would find a shirt or hat I liked only to see the Islanders were not one of the teams available.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
blitzkriegs

The Isles name and colors have a significant brand identity in the NHL and hockey world. The problem? The team has been awful for years and watered it down.

Isles may amend the Island design and possibly add a Brooklyn-themed patch to the jersey, but that's it. I don't see the Isles rebranding the team/logo - you wipe out its tradition with the stroke of a pen for a money grab. Doubt it, the team's valuation will suffer. People identify with stable, historical brands - that's where the value is.

However, no doubt the Isles will design some Brooklyn-themed third jersey to identify with the market and generate revenue sales.

No one will have a crap about the jerseys, if the team wins. My lord, imagine the Isles winning the cup with some new logo/color/brooklyn-themed jersey? The value is in seeing it as an EXTENSION of its past. Look at Potvin holding the cup and picture some new islander holding it (if ever) with some of these proferred here. That would be sad, real sad.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:41 PM
NYIschremp44

NYIschremp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
There are plenty of NYI fans in Nassau County, who supported both the Lighthouse project and the Aug. 1st bond vote.
Less than 5 percent of eligible nassau voters supported the 8/1 referendum. I wouldn't exactly say that's plenty of NYI fans.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:54 PM
DanNYI2191

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIschremp44 View Post
Not feeling it

DanNYI2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 06:55 PM
RealSturat

Quote:
Meh. I like the one posted originally, at least it kept the Isles colors.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 08:49 AM
NYIschremp44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSturat View Post
Meh. I like the one posted originally, at least it kept the Isles colors.
blue and orange...islander colours

Old
10-28-2012, 09:23 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Less than 5 percent of eligible nassau voters supported the 8/1 referendum. I wouldn't exactly say that's plenty of NYI fans.
You are right. The Aug. 1st turnout was disappointing.

Fortunately, Wang and Bettman seem more concerned with appealing to the NYI fans who've continued to support the franchise, despite the yrs as a league doormat and despite the isles cap floor tricks.

Isles are move 27 miles away. Not 2700 miles away.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:27 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
The Isles name and colors have a significant brand identity in the NHL and hockey world. The problem? The team has been awful for years and watered it down.

Isles may amend the Island design and possibly add a Brooklyn-themed patch to the jersey, but that's it. I don't see the Isles rebranding the team/logo - you wipe out its tradition with the stroke of a pen for a money grab. Doubt it, the team's valuation will suffer. People identify with stable, historical brands - that's where the value is.

No one will have a crap about the jerseys, if the team wins. My lord, imagine the Isles winning the cup with some new logo/color/brooklyn-themed jersey? The value is in seeing it as an EXTENSION of its past. Look at Potvin holding the cup and picture some new islander holding it (if ever) with some of these proferred here. That would be sad, real sad.
I agree. Put a winning team on the ice and the isles will see a jump in jersey sales.

Continue to miss the playoffs, continue to collect top 10 picks amd jersey sales will remain low, regardless of whether the team goes to a new design or not.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Axe Man
Brooklyn Bound

No need to represent Brooklyn. The current Islander logo and jersey is perfect. In fact, I wish the Isles would eliminate their 3rd jerseys altogether.

Last edited by Axe Man: 10-28-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:45 AM
scott99

Quote:
I like this one too. Homage to the Dodgers. Very nice.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Giuseppe Franco

Quote:
It has some potential, but why the weird colors? I'm not sure if it's my monitor but it looks like it's purple and gray. I also personally hate the new fad of numbers on the front of jerseys. And lastly, I would also add an outline to "Brooklyn" and another stripe or two. Anyways, good effort.

Giuseppe Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Isles72

Quote:
I like the Brooklyn script across the front but dont like the number on chest nor isles logos on shoulder

if you can try making it a deep navy blue jersey with the numbers and Brooklyn script in orange /white outline you'd on to something I'd really like

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
NYIschremp44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Franco View Post
It has some potential, but why the weird colors? I'm not sure if it's my monitor but it looks like it's purple and gray. I also personally hate the new fad of numbers on the front of jerseys. And lastly, I would also add an outline to "Brooklyn" and another stripe or two. Anyways, good effort.
I fixed the colour issues...

Old
10-29-2012, 02:36 AM
KevFu

Bridge version:

Dodgers Throwback:

Old
10-29-2012, 02:48 AM
KevFu

I'm from Rochester, and an Islanders fan. So I'd like to think we would at least once bust out an Americans throwback for a game against the Rangers. It was the Americans coach/GM Red Dutton who cursed the Rangers back in 1946.

So here's a Brooklyn Americans themed Islanders Throwback:

Or, a less crazy Amerks theme:

Old
10-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Isles72

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
Bridge version:

Dodgers Throwback:
get rid of the isles logo & 4 stripes on shoulders and remove isles logo from chest and I'd really like it .

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Giuseppe Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles72 View Post
get rid of the isles logo & 4 stripes on shoulders and remove isles logo from chest and I'd really like it .
Agree with getting rid of the 4 stripes - that just makes me think of the post-fisherman rebrand. I'd get rid of either the logo on front or the shoulder one. Not sure which, but having both is redundant. Other than that, it looks great! It's basically what you want in a 3rd jersey. It says Brooklyn prominently but yet still looks like an Islander jersey.

Giuseppe Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Isles Fan

Quote:

Why?

Cowboys play in Arlington not Dallas, Jets and Giants play in NJ not NY, and they don't have the area of representation on thier logos.

I realize that the Isles logo is an outline of LI, but there is no need to change it. I make the argument they are already there. The blue part of the "I" represents Jamaica Bay. The left side of which is Brooklyn. And no, the "I" does not point at Uniondale.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote