HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread III (It's RGIII's Playground)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
The Cowboys pretty much equal the Redskins in terms of mediocrity the last 15 years. Simply said, each team finds ways to lose.

Today it was dropped balls. More evidence that no matter how good Griffin is, and he wasn't that spectacular today, this team still needs lots and lots of help. Today was one of those games that shows a team with a decent defense can contain Griffin to a point. Someone else said the same thing but each game he plays, defenses will adapt more to stopping him, especially with few other real playmakers around him.

Unfortunately with the cap penalty next year and limited draft picks, there's not going to be a lot added to make things better, even if people want to keep pretending this is some kind of massive rebuild. This offseason the big free agent haul was wide receivers. Well next time let's get some that can catch. Shanahan's drafts have been ok, but his free agent pickups have been mostly swings and misses.

Nice to see Shanahan losing his cool again and barking & raging at the refs most of the fourth quarter, just like in St. Louis. And just like in that game, one of his players follows his example and acts like an idiot. Sure Mike, it's all the refs. Nice to see the guys showing some professional pride.

3-5.
The elements and dropped passes neutralized him. The Giants, Tampa, and Minnesota all have a decent defense and he played very well against them.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Brian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
The Cowboys pretty much equal the Redskins in terms of mediocrity the last 15 years. Simply said, each team finds ways to lose.

Today it was dropped balls. More evidence that no matter how good Griffin is, and he wasn't that spectacular today, this team still needs lots and lots of help. Today was one of those games that shows a team with a decent defense can contain Griffin to a point. Someone else said the same thing but each game he plays, defenses will adapt more to stopping him, especially with few other real playmakers around him.

Unfortunately with the cap penalty next year and limited draft picks, there's not going to be a lot added to make things better, even if people want to keep pretending this is some kind of massive rebuild. This offseason the big free agent haul was wide receivers. Well next time let's get some that can catch. Shanahan's drafts have been ok, but his free agent pickups have been mostly swings and misses.

Nice to see Shanahan losing his cool again and barking & raging at the refs most of the fourth quarter, just like in St. Louis. And just like in that game, one of his players follows his example and acts like an idiot. Sure Mike, it's all the refs. Nice to see the guys showing some professional pride.

3-5.
First off, where is this idea we're so short on draft picks next year? We either have the amount we should have, or more, by draft picks per round. We're only missing our 1st, albeit its a big missing but its not as if we've traded EVERYTHING.

Second, Griff had a fine game. If not a very good game, but when your receivers drop 10 balls and potentially 2 touchdowns, no one's gonna look good.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

IF the receivers did their job, Griffin would have had better completion stats. Clowns didn't help him out at all. I wonder if it was just a bad day for them, or this dumb Sandy weather.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:45 AM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Yesterday was the blueprint on how to defend Griffin. Ball control offense with time consuming drives to keep the ball out of Griffin's hands, and bend but don't break defense that punishes ball carriers at ever opportunity and force Griffin's teamates to make plays, which they didn't. Weather conditions helped the defense as well.

Griffin played well enough to win, but he also wasn't terribly accurate with a lot of his throws. Yes his recievers must catch all balls they can get their hands on, but a good amount of Griffin's throws were behind his recievers, and when your recievers aren't playing well a QB needs to be as accurate as possible to help the struggling recievers out.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
IF the receivers did their job, Griffin would have had better completion stats. Clowns didn't help him out at all. I wonder if it was just a bad day for them, or this dumb Sandy weather.
The weather didn't stop the Steelers from completing 24 of 33 passes.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:19 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Yesterday was the blueprint on how to defend Griffin. Ball control offense with time consuming drives to keep the ball out of Griffin's hands, and bend but don't break defense that punishes ball carriers at ever opportunity and force Griffin's teamates to make plays, which they didn't. Weather conditions helped the defense as well.

Griffin played well enough to win, but he also wasn't terribly accurate with a lot of his throws. Yes his recievers must catch all balls they can get their hands on, but a good amount of Griffin's throws were behind his recievers, and when your recievers aren't playing well a QB needs to be as accurate as possible to help the struggling recievers out.
You mean blueprint on how to beat any elite QB. Keep them off the field. Hardly groundbreaking or some master blueprint. And yes, Griffin wasn't as accurate as he could have been, doesn't even come close to excusing those recievers for letting the team down. Embarassing performance by the WR corp.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:34 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Hi guys.... Just came by to say you all have a really good team. Good game. RGIII is actually my favorite player. So much better than the American media hyped Luck. A few more drafts and you'll be fun to watch!

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:33 AM
BobRouse

Yeah the drops were brutal. RGIII was pretty good I thought and could have looked ALOT better if all the butterfingers could hold onto a ball or two. Alot of those drops, had they been catches, could have extended drives, kept the D off the field a bit more and obviously led to more points.

Bah..well not having Davis and Garcon really hurts.

I know there is a fire Haslett bandwagon out there but when I look at it the personell really does blow and not having 4 starters on D playing (on an already thin team due to salary cap issues) isn't doing him any favors.

When he tried to blitz earlier in the season our sucky secondary always gave up some huge play. I think his strategy of being passive is really the only choice. Let the other team march up the field by having 10 play+ drives and hope they make mistakes or get flagged.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:37 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
You mean blueprint on how to beat any elite QB. Keep them off the field. Hardly groundbreaking or some master blueprint. And yes, Griffin wasn't as accurate as he could have been, doesn't even come close to excusing those recievers for letting the team down. Embarassing performance by the WR corp.
Prior to the Steerler game opponents tried to punish Griffin, that didn't work so well, accept for the Falcons game. The Steelers instead pounded those getting the ball from Griffin. Led to drops and a lot of short drives. Yes not groundbreaking, but the first time I've noticed it tried to this point in Griffin's career. And that was my point.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Prior to the Steerler game opponents tried to punish Griffin, that didn't work so well, accept for the Falcons game. The Steelers instead pounded those getting the ball from Griffin. Led to drops and a lot of short drives. Yes not groundbreaking, but the first time I've noticed it tried to this point in Griffin's career. And that was my point.
Have to disagree. It wasn't so much a "blue print" but more like we didn't have the horses.

Without Davis and Garcon everyone gets bumped up a notch. Most of those guys just can't get great separation from defenders and it showed yesterday (on top of the inexcusable drops when they did).

It makes it FAR easier on the D when you really don't have to account for dangerous playmakers.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:39 AM
BrawlFan

Been a skins fan for a couple years now and really thought this could be a surprise year but realistically new that we were a couple years away. The WR were brutttttal the other day and I really thought we could squeeze out a win especially the way we played against the Giants.

After the last game I thought the secondary was an area that needed improvement but now I cant tell :s the WR's need to start delivering. Or atleast not turning it over as much.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:29 AM
WetHog

Its that time of year again folks. Election time. That means the fabled Redskins Rule. Since 1940 what the Skins do on the field the Sunday prior to the Presidental election has determined who wins. Skins win and the incumbent party holds on to the Presidency. Skins lose and the Challenger wins. It has been accurate every time since 1940 accept for 2004 where the Skins lost to Green Bay, but good old W won re-election.

So Skins win on Sunday and good old Obama chugs along for another 4 years. Skins lose and Mr. Mitt is the 45th President of the US. Man I am conflicted.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:19 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Been a skins fan for a couple years now and really thought this could be a surprise year but realistically new that we were a couple years away. The WR were brutttttal the other day and I really thought we could squeeze out a win especially the way we played against the Giants.

After the last game I thought the secondary was an area that needed improvement but now I cant tell :s the WR's need to start delivering. Or atleast not turning it over as much.
I wouldn't get all doom and gloom on the WR's just yet. A number of them like Robinson, Hankerson and Briscoe are young and still finding their way. Robinson I still think has a chance to break through to be a fine #3/slot WR, and Shanahan has said he will get more of a shot this week. Briscoe is new to the offense and still has potential to be an effective red zone threat like he was in TB and he finally got some chances in Pittsburgh. Hankerson on the other hand is teetering on the edge of bust, IMO. He has shown glimpses of being good, like in St. Louis, but he also has shown himself to lack the drive to succeed, like catching a 3rd down pass 1 yard short of a 1st down and not really fighting for that extra yard in Pittsburgh.

Then there is Garcon and Morgan. Garcon has shown a little flash of being the #1 reciever the Skins need in the pre-season and the NO game, but a foot injury is tough. He probably won't be right till next year. Morgan on the other hand is in the same category as Hankerson, IMO. FA bust material. He has made some plays, but not nearly enough for the money he is making. It can be said he is a Vet coming into a new system and he needs time to get the swing of things, but he needs to step things up in the 2nd half of the season, big time.

Then there is Moss. Old reliable. For him to still be the #1 guy on the Skins sums of the state of the WR position at this point. Average. He makes plays, but at this time of his career he should be only counted on as a complimentary piece and a safety valve to Griffin. The sooner Moss can get back to that role the better.

TE is also a question mark, but Paulson has shown promise as a pass catcher, but Paul is still at least a year away from showing if he can transition to a true TE in the Shannon Sharpe mold.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Bananas

Quote:
Its that time of year again folks. Election time. That means the fabled Redskins Rule. Since 1940 what the Skins do on the field the Sunday prior to the Presidental election has determined who wins. Skins win and the incumbent party holds on to the Presidency. Skins lose and the Challenger wins. It has been accurate every time since 1940 accept for 2004 where the Skins lost to Green Bay, but good old W won re-election.

So Skins win on Sunday and good old Obama chugs along for another 4 years. Skins lose and Mr. Mitt is the 45th President of the US. Man I am conflicted.
So are you saying that you're not sure whether you'd want the Redskins to win a football game versus having the guy you want elected President?

Jiminy Christmas.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:50 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananas View Post
So are you saying that you're not sure whether you'd want the Redskins to win a football game versus having the guy you want elected President?

Jiminy Christmas.
Yes that is what I am saying.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

These jerseys are awesome (even if they look like Florida State).

Luckily my politics align with the team I want to win.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Cush
-inator

3rd and long? time for that screen pass

Old
11-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Langway
Intangibles

They stink. They stink. They stink.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Cush
-inator

ridiculous play calling

take the damn points

Old
11-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Banks ran straight into the blocker.

e; Ugh.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
WetHog

QB sweep to the short side of the field, turning the sideline into the 12th defender. Dumb ass call.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
WetHog

Newton is hurt.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Cush
-inator

lol......98 yard drive.....thats why you take the damn points