HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st line right wing for Canucks (DISSCUSION)

Old
10-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 500
I think depending on the price I would go for Ryan over Perry. Already locked up for a few more years and plays more physical...

Perry seems to be less drama free and will do 35-40g a year easily. But I'd a UFA at seasons end!

Neither will happen but it's nice to dream...

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:53 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Perry
Higgins-Schroeder/Malhotra-Hansen
Raymond-Lapierre-Kassian

As a top-6 is scary good. And it would need to be a good offer to beat out other teams.
That second line sucks. Seriously. I would compare it to the Wings' line of Hudler/Modano/Cleary. Not in skill, of course. In the fact that plugging Perry in right there gives you three shoot-first players.

Adding Perry to Vancouver's top-six might mean that breaking up the Sedins is the best option;

Daniel-Kesler-Booth
Burrows-Henrik-Perry

Daniel moves to more of a playmaker role instead of being Henrik's go-to guy. Potential for three 50-goal scorers on this team with this setup. Daniel-Henrik-Perry for the first PP unit.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:54 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
The problem with the firsts is that you end up going the same way as Calgary or Toronto did. Hell Toronto is still recovering, is seven years and counting since your last playoff appearance worth a cup? I'd like to think so, but I think their may be a cheaper option to accomplish the same task without royally ****ing the future.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post

breaking up the Sedins is the best option

Daniel moves to more of a playmaker role
Stopped reading there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
The problem with the firsts is that you end up going the same way as Calgary or Toronto did. Hell Toronto is still recovering, is seven years and counting since your last playoff appearance worth a cup? I'd like to think so, but I think their may be a cheaper option to accomplish the same task without royally ****ing the future.
We wouldn't need to blow up the team though. Toronto and Calgary didn't have much to begin with so I don't think that is a fair comparison tbh. Closer to what Pittsburg and New Jersey did for Hossa/Kovi

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Calgary and Toronto's lineups were inferior to the Canucks' right now though. Add Perry into the mix and we don't even need to be worrying for another 5-6 years. I trust Gillis to pick up some decent 2nd round talent and then he'll even have some firsts to work with before my "worry period" is up. Then, it's retool on the fly.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:19 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Calgary and Toronto's lineups were inferior to the Canucks' right now though. Add Perry into the mix and we don't even need to be worrying for another 5-6 years. I trust Gillis to pick up some decent 2nd round talent and then he'll even have some firsts to work with before my "worry period" is up. Then, it's retool on the fly.
Yea I guess, three firsts is a lot though. A lot depends on the Luongo return.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:21 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Yea I guess, three firsts is a lot though. A lot depends on the Luongo return.
Three firsts that are likely to be in the 25-30 range is not that much for the best RW in the game (as far as I'm concerned).

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Adding Perry to Vancouver's top-six might mean that breaking up the Sedins is the best option;

Daniel-Kesler-Booth
Burrows-Henrik-Perry

Daniel moves to more of a playmaker role instead of being Henrik's go-to guy. Potential for three 50-goal scorers on this team with this setup. Daniel-Henrik-Perry for the first PP unit.
Adding Perry allows us to split up the Sedins, or he could play as they're right wing.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Perry: Is a fantastic first line, probably best in the league. Second line would take a hit though.
Booth - Kesler - Burrows: Makes a decent second line, but gets to play behind a fantastic first.

Splitting up the twins my lines would look like so:
Booth - H. Sedin - Perry
D. Sedin - Kesler - Burrows

No chance we have the potential for three 50 goal scorers though, one 50 goal scorer would be impressive.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
If there's one thing Gillis shouldn't be trusted to do it's find 2nd round talent. I honestly think that's been his biggest weakness since becoming GM, which says he's doing a pretty good job.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:25 AM
StringerBell

To add to the Perry discussion, I think it would be a mistake for us to go after him. The chances of him re-signing with us would have to be pretty slim considering the offers he would get from every other team in the league. It doesn't make sense to give up three 1sts or whatever for a playoff rental. Gillis has even come out and said as much on the subject, only targeting players under contract for 3+ seasons or ones he's confident will re-sign.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:27 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

I would gladly ship three first round picks for Perry, however there's a problem, and the problem is that Perry would be a rental, and may not sign after being acquired. With the uncertainty of Perry signing or not, it makes the trading of three years worth of first round picks a huge gamble.

Obviously if there was some way to guarantee that we'd be able to sign him, I'd gladly move the three first rounders. But I think it's all moot point, because I doubt the Ducks move him for three first rounders from Vancouver.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
if 2-3 1sts isnt worth a cup then you are crazy...Id give ten years of 1sts for a cup for buffalo...

Van. had their chance at a dynasty and it passed them by at this point they need to be more worried about winning one than becoming the biggest choke artists dating back to 94 when the Rangers took them out. A cup is FOREVER, 1st rounders are forgotten usually.
Not sure if serious...did you watch game 7 of the 1994 SCF?

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:48 AM
JuniorNelson

I am thinking Gillis wants bigness. I nominate Latendresse. He has bigness and he can set up. I don't expect him to play much on the Sedin line, Burrows owns that spot but Latendresse would be good with Kesler, I think.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 06:45 AM
NYVanfan

Perry is gonna want Parise money, likely more as he has better credentials.

If we could pay the Ducks' price, are we good w giving him that? Methinks its a stretch, and he'd upset the internal cap structure. Perry is a Hart winner though..would the other guys mind if he were made the top paid player on the team?

Luongo for something around Hemsky makes a lot of sense, but for the divisional thing....

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:30 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

We'll give you gomez for a fifth round pick... Im sure he can play on the wing....

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:01 AM
zytz
lumberjack

any chance of moving Kesler to get your 1RW?

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

Kessel + Gardiner for Kesler + Schneider

Oh gawd.

Dangles McGavin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:17 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post

Oh gawd.
Not bad value, but then what do we do for #2C?

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
DJOpus

I'd rather have Getzlaf than Perry but I'd be happy to acquire either...happier still to get both.

Gaunce + Raymond + 1st + 2nd + 3rd for Perry?

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Not sure. Either way, I honestly don't think either team does this. It's too... big.

Dangles McGavin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:38 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksCupHopes View Post
Someone older because we have Jensen and Kassain coming up.
neither one will be the top winger we are talking about in this discussion.

Kassain might develop into a scott hartnell player.
Nicklas Jensen is more of a quesion mark, Depending on which scout you talk to you could either have stolen a perry type player at 22 or you have drafted Steve Bernier jr(btw why did Jensen go to europe this year---not that it is a bad thing--but I thought he was going to play the nucks farm team)

Last edited by jumptheshark: 10-29-2012 at 10:53 AM.
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:59 AM
416Leafer

Quote:

Oh gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
As a Leaf fan, I would definitely do this.

For Vancouver? The hole they currently have of missing another top 6 winger isn't nearly the size of the whole that moving a top two-way Centre in Kesler would create. Not worth it for them IMO.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
neither one will be the top winger we are talking about in this discussion.

Kassain might develop into a scott hartnell player.
Nicklas Jensen is more of a quesion mark, Depending on which scout you talk to you could either have stolen a perry type player at 22 or you have drafted Steve Bernier jr(btw why did Jensen go to europe this year---not that it is a bad thing--but I thought he was going to play the nucks farm team)
Wasn't elligible for the AHL. It was either back to junior or Europe if he didn't make the Canucks training camp.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:21 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:

Oh gawd.
yes

I absolutely love kessel

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
if 2-3 1sts isnt worth a cup then you are crazy...Id give ten years of 1sts for a cup for buffalo...

Van. had their chance at a dynasty and it passed them by at this point they need to be more worried about winning one than becoming the biggest choke artists dating back to 94 when the Rangers took them out. A cup is FOREVER, 1st rounders are forgotten usually.
Agreed with this, to an extent. It's difficult to win a cup nevermind establishing a dynasty. The Canucks have pieced together a highly competitive team for quite a few years now without sacrifing many draft picks, because of this we have a fairly underrated prospect pool. It isn't great, but we have quite a few players that should become impact players at the NHL level (Kassian, Jensen, Lack, Corrado, Connauton to name a few). But, I do agree that we need to try to acquire that one extra piece to win. I'd certainly put together a competitive package for Perry, I'd love to get him even if it was as a rental. Hopefully we get a 1st back in the Luongo deal, if we do then I'd trade our 1st rounder for the next 2 years plus Jensen.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote