HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
http://thehockeywriters.com/washingt...rowess-in-ahl/

...but we got Francois Bouchard. Not the best trade ever...
As I recall that was another case of a player wanting a trade or a fresh start and the Rangers obliged. Not sure, though. Also, selling him as an offensive defenseman is probably not very accurate (at least at the NHL level)

Old
10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
As I recall that was another case of a player wanting a trade or a fresh start and the Rangers obliged. Not sure, though. Also, selling him as an offensive defenseman is probably not very accurate (at least at the NHL level)
True that, just griping about the return...

Old
10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
True that, just griping about the return...
Can't gripe about something where you had no leverage.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Interesting bit about Myles Bell (Prospect Camp Invite):

Quote:
As experiments go, the one moving Myles Bell from defense to forward has, so far, been a Grade-A success for the Kelowna Rockets.

Since joining Colton Sissons and Dylen McKinlay up front on Sept. 28 in Portland the 6-foot, 210-pound Calgary native has been an offensive force for the Rockets.

Bell, who still drops back to the the point on the power play, is tied for third overall in WHL scoring with six goals and 17 points in 10 games.
http://www.kelownacapnews.com/sports...174240111.html

Very interesting move. He's always been an offensively gifted, big hitting kind of d-man, but his defensive play was shoddy and he had a habit of going out of his way to make a hit and taking himself out of the play. Really intriguing.

Wonder if that makes the Rangers more or less interested in him.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The Rangers staff have a recent knack for finding and acquiring solid American and Swedish players.

Callahan, Dubinsky, Sauer, Stepan, Boyle, Kreider, with Miller, Jean, Skjei, Nieves, Fogarty on their way up the system.

Hagelin, Stralman, Lindberg, Fast, and since departed Erixon.

When teams find their stride and identity as far as developing players goes, that's when they begin to establish prolonged success.

It seems as though the Rangers have found their niche.

They have very good scouts in Europe and in the US. They deserve a ton of credit. Its not an easy job. Or a glamorous one. Long lonely travels to rinks.
These two programs are also really hot.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Can't gripe about something where you had no leverage.
Force him to suck it up. Poor asset management either way. Still pissed about that trade.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Interesting bit about Myles Bell (Prospect Camp Invite):

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/sports...174240111.html

Very interesting move. He's always been an offensively gifted, big hitting kind of d-man, but his defensive play was shoddy and he had a habit of going out of his way to make a hit and taking himself out of the play. Really intriguing.

Wonder if that makes the Rangers more or less interested in him.
He's a forward now, much less appealing. Most forwards his age dominate their leagues. But perhaps he can be a big Buff 2.0 in which he's versatile at both forward and defense.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Force him to suck it up. Poor asset management either way. Still pissed about that trade.
Force him? Force him to do what? He can just go back to Europe. You can't force a guy. And you don't want that negative energy in the locker room.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Kershaw

Letting him play in Europe is better than taking on an ECHL scrub to the 50 contracts list.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Letting him play in Europe is better than taking on an ECHL scrub to the 50 contracts list.
trading him for a draft pick like Grachev would have been a better idea... i guess Caps had to send someone back..Sather did take a chance with Bouchard in hoping he would get the one from the Wild, maybe he called the wrong team

Old
10-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
trading him for a draft pick like Grachev would have been a better idea... i guess Caps had to send someone back..Sather did take a chance with Bouchard in hoping he would get the one from the Wild, maybe he called the wrong team
Haha yeah. I read a text that said that Kundratanek was traded for Bouchard. I got my hopes up and thought it was Pierre-Marc.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Haha yeah. I read a text that said that Kundratanek was traded for Bouchard. I got my hopes up and thought it was Pierre-Marc.
i was hoping for that too. but sather usually gets the wrong brother...Pronger, Hossa, Bouchard...

Old
10-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Skellhell

Lindberg with an assist today, his ppg is still intact.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:45 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
When Kundratek does ANYTHING noteworthy at the NHL Level I will be aware of the trade. As it is, that trade is not even on the radar as one of the worth trades thsi team has made in the last 5 years let along ever.

Marginal defenceman for marginal forward.

No loss, no gain.

absolute Meh.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Kershaw

Kundratek go his cup of coffee with the Caps already. He is going to be a NHL regular pretty soon. Basically you're dumping away a quality asset for a scrub.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:12 PM
eco's bones

I think Kundratek is going to get a serious shot sooner rather than later at the NHL. OTOH he's probably never going to be a legit top 4 NHL d-man. If I were to guess he's another version of Steve Eminger when all is said and done. So I don't see him as a huge loss at all. He was struggling getting ice time with the Rangers AHL team and he wanted out. The Rangers obliged him and after all if a player doesn't want to play for your team after some time with the organization and he's not a bad actor it's best to move him. Personally I think he's going to be an NHL'er at least for a while--don't see him as a core kind of player on a real competitive team.

Old
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Kundratek go his cup of coffee with the Caps already. He is going to be a NHL regular pretty soon. Basically you're dumping away a quality asset for a scrub.
Actually you're trading away a redundant piece with no NHL experience to try and bolster an organizational weakness. But you know what they say about hindsight..

Old
10-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
He's a forward now, much less appealing. Most forwards his age dominate their leagues. But perhaps he can be a big Buff 2.0 in which he's versatile at both forward and defense.
He's tied for 5th overall in scoring in the dub, how much better do you expect him to be doing?

Old
10-31-2012, 02:15 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Actually you're trading away a redundant piece with no NHL experience to try and bolster an organizational weakness. But you know what they say about hindsight..
Reundant? Sure. No NHL experience? Sure.

Hindsight? Not so much. I don't remember anyone being happy at the time about the trade.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:48 AM
Ola

Fasth had an assist last night too.

They showed some great moves by him in the game on the Swedish sportscenter, we must see if we can find those highlights on line.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:58 AM
Faxius

vCash: 2249
Hagelin injured his shoulder. He did not play in the 3rd period of yesterdays game.

– "He felt he couldn't go 100% into the physical game, so he wanted to rest" - Södertäljes Coach Strömwall

The extent of the injury is still unclear

Link to Swedish paper

Old
10-31-2012, 08:28 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Updated stats in the first post of the thread.

It's just pain.
Old
10-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Reundant? Sure. No NHL experience? Sure.

Hindsight? Not so much. I don't remember anyone being happy at the time about the trade.
There's a difference between a trade that people weren't sure about and "dump a quality asset for a scrub." I wasn't crazy about the trade, but at the time, Kundratek was a long shot to make a solid impact in the AHL for at least another year or two, let alone make an impact on our NHL roster. His development curve changed with a new team. People are arguing about what he did after the trade, when the entire reason for the trade was the fact that he was floundering in Hartford.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
It was a bad move from the start. You could tell from a mile away that the trade was garbage. There is really no use for hindsight in this horrendous trade.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
He's tied for 5th overall in scoring in the dub, how much better do you expect him to be doing?
He should get drafted this year.

Closed Thread