HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins/Islanders

Old
10-23-2012, 05:01 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Boston is getting fleeced in this deal?
Yes, because impending ufas, are often dealt in the midst of a league lockout.

It's not as if the NHL, would ever wipe a full yr off the contracts of locked out players.

and of course, the isles owner is such a big spender, we can feel confident that Horton and Ference would be longterm additions

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 05:04 PM
rockinghockey

it is difficult to trade a player that has a major concussion or coming off one.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Boston is getting fleeced in this deal?
i don't think we are getting fleeced but i don't like the trade for the Bruins. i expect Horton to make a full recovery and net 25+ goals if there's a full season and Ference i think is very underrated. he is a very stable defensemen who can play on the second pair and is great on the bottom pair. i just don't think this makes the Bruins better

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

As a bruins fan I personally do not like it at all. What those two brig to the bruins is what makes us so good. I think our top 6 is easily weaker with bailey instead of Horton. I Horton can't go, we have a number of young guys waiting for a crack.

Not a knock on either isles player, but you don't fix what's not broken. Yeah we didn't win the cup again last year, but you also have to realize Horton wasn't a part of that. Add him back in, along with Hamilton adding some potential offense from the backend, we should be back in business, no need for a shakeup trade even on the lower end like this

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:01 AM
binx bolling

Isle fans, if Viz and Bailey give you a shot at Horton and Ference, you take it. 10 times of out 10. Viz is a rental who will play 50 games max and Bailey is a 3rd/2nd line tweener drafted too high.

Isles give up youth for grit, leadership and the better defenseman plus the chance to have 25-30 goal guy pushing Okposo to work/play harder.

No brainer here.

binx bolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx bolling View Post
Isle fans, if Viz and Bailey give you a shot at Horton and Ference, you take it. 10 times of out 10. Viz is a rental who will play 50 games max and Bailey is a 3rd/2nd line tweener drafted too high.

Isles give up youth for grit, leadership and the better defenseman plus the chance to have 25-30 goal guy pushing Okposo to work/play harder.

No brainer here.
No brainer to trade 22 yr old Bailey in a package, for two impending ufas, during a lockout?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Oates2Neely

Is it safe to assume Bailey=Caron?

Both players perhaps drafted earlier than they should have been. Solid 3rd liners, potential for 2nd line. Maybe Im way off base here.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:12 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

Both players perhaps drafted earlier than they should have been. Solid 3rd liners, potential for 2nd line. Maybe Im way off base here.
No way. I don't like Bailey and I like Caron, but Bailey's a much more sure thing than Caron right now.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 11:20 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

I'm not sure that description fits since there are not many, maybe only one player that were taken after Caron that I would take over him. The Islanders could have had Tyler Myers, Erik Karlsson, John Carlson or Jordan Eberle over Bailey, there is not any players like that taken after Caron. Caron was taken a lot later as well.

I think some Bruins fans just had way too high expectations for Caron than was realistic. You have Ryan O'Reilly taken after him and that is it so far.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I'm not sure that description fits since there are not many, maybe only one player that were taken after Caron that I would take over him. The Islanders could have had Tyler Myers, Erik Karlsson, John Carlson or Jordan Eberle over Bailey, there is not any players like that taken after Caron. Caron was taken a lot later as well.

I think some Bruins fans just had way too high expectations for Caron than was realistic. You have Ryan O'Reilly taken after him and that is it so far.
I'd take Despres, Koskinen, Silfverberg and Palmieri over Caron pretty easily.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I respect your opinion, none of those guys has done much of anything at the NHL level yet, Caron has been better than them all so far. At least in my opinion. That doesn't mean they won't do great in the future, a couple will probably turn out to be fine NHLers.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:02 AM
boredmale

With the Islanders trade luck they make this trade and Horton becomes injury prone and doesn't play much while Bailey becomes a top 10 scorer in Boston. lol

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Paralyzer008

I don't know if I like this trade for anyone. I'm wary of the Isles giving up Bailey for a 2013 UFA, and I'm wary of the Bruins trading Ference (who is a glue guy in the room) and Horton who could be a force if healthy.

Paralyzer008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:07 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I'd add O'Reilly, Lehner & Orlov to that list.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
A healthy Horton is good for 25 to 30 goals..and lots of grit. I'm willing to give him a chance to rebound this year. Boston cant afford to trade a top-6 forward without getting one back.
Wouldn't go that far...

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Wouldn't go that far...
He's changed since going to Boston. He has a supporting cast of skill and toughness to back him up, so he acts more tough. When a team has that kind of team toughness it builds up for everyone.

Coincidentally 2 of the main factors in that are Horton and Ference. Horton wasn't really a in-your-face guy who would be as willing to fight in Florida. In Boston, if he smells something he doesn't like he goes ape ****.

Furthermore, Horton has Lucic and Chara with him a fair amount of the time.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:17 PM
JayOnrait18

If horton were healthy this would be a good deal for both teams

JayOnrait18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
kasper11

Why is the rebuilding team giving up the 22 year old for 2 UFAs? It makes no sense given where the Isles are to give up Bailey in a deal for Horton. First, we don't know how Horton will play next year. Second, if he plays well, he will be in line for a big contract from a contender. There is really no upside for the Isles.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:34 PM
kasper11

Quote:
What's the issue with Bailey? Do Isles fans truly see him becoming a legitimate top-6 player some day?
I think a lot of people forget that if he was brought up properly he would have been in his first or second season last year.

He had a career high 32 points last year and was solid (not great, but solid) defensively. He also seemed to play better on the wing, but that was a pretty small sample size.

This should have been a big year for Bailey, 23 years old, moved to wing full time. It should have been a chance for him to earn a role for himself while Strome, Nino, Nelson, Kabanov develop. If the season is lost, you are looking at JT, Moulson, Okposo having top-6 spots with Grabner, Nielsen, Bailey, Strome, Nino fighting for a spot (plus Brad Boyes or another UFA possibly).

A lot of fans think Bailey could be a solid second line forward, but he will probably be hurt more than any Islander if the season is lost.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote