HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st line right wing for Canucks (DISSCUSION)

Old
10-29-2012, 11:34 AM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Kessel + Gardiner for Kesler + Schneider

Oh gawd.
I'd take Kesler over Kessel and I'd take Schneider over Gardiner.

You could argue all day about Kesler vs. Kessel, that one is just my own preference in terms of how you build a team but Schneider vs. Gardiner isn't even close to being close.

It'd have to be a pretty nice asset coming back to make up the discrepancy, either a center to replace Kesler (and I'll be upfront in saying that Grabovski is the only Leafs center good enough to do so - not that I think that'd be fair value) or a really really valuable non-roster asset.

Of course, Kesler has a NTC so he's not going to be moved.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
neither one will be the top winger we are talking about in this discussion.

Kassain might develop into a scott hartnell player.
Nicklas Jensen is more of a quesion mark, Depending on which scout you talk to you could either have stolen a perry type player at 22 or you have drafted Steve Bernier jr(btw why did Jensen go to europe this year---not that it is a bad thing--but I thought he was going to play the nucks farm team)
He's only 19, so he isn't eligible. It was decided he had nothing more to learn in Juniors, he wanted to play pro hockey with smarter players. He chose AIK of SEL because since it's one of the worst teams, he does get his fair share of ice time. While Jensen is a bit of a question mark, he has done nothing but impress in the pro game so far.

AHL: 8gp - 6g - 0a - 6pts
SEL: 17gp - 8g - 3a - 11pts

He's T-2nd in goal scoring as a 19 year old rookie, that has to count for something. Even if his pace cools off a bit, he's still looking like he'll put together a very promising season. He's outscoring Daniel Sedin at the same age in that league, and has a similar pace to what Hornqvist had. Both Hornqvist and Sedin though weren't SEL rookies, they each had at least a full season in the league prior to putting up those numbers. I realize this doesn't mean he's a future Art Ross winner, but as I said this has to count for something. Jensen seems to be a player that's built for pro hockey.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:50 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Kesler's NTC makes the trade a no-go but I would just love to have Kessel on this team (even at the expense of Kesler) because even if he doesnt click with the sedins, he can carry the second line (and i believe that he would do that better than Kesler does). If gardiner progresses like I think he will, then we can end up moving a defenseman to fill the #2 C hole. The opportunity to get a star player is rare, so i would hope that Gillis wouldn't pass it up.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Daniel Sedin at the same age was putting up .9 ppg in the SEL. Just sayin'.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Boondock

I agree that another top 6 winger would be the Nucks top priority but names like Perry and Ryan are not in the realm of reality regardless of how much people are willing to give up. Perry and Ryan will require a lot to get and the Canucks couldn't fit them into their cap structure. A player like Michalek or Tanguay are more realistic. Depending on the Flames season ( if there is one ) I could see Tanguay being available at the deadline for a prospect/pick combo of some sort. Voracek or Purcell would fit the bill too but might be too expensive to acquire

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:31 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

The Canucks upgrading their first line is a pointless endeavor. Unless they're getting a sweetheart deal on Perry/Ryan for virtually no reason, they're going to lose the jam Burrows brings to the first line without a dramatic increase in production. And you're probably going to lose at least 5-10 goals from Burrows going away from the Sedins and back to checking line minutes, so actual production is also mostly a wash.

The Canucks need to improve their scoring and center depth, not dream about the second coming of the WCE. They don't really have players capable of generating their own offense after Burrows. It's why they've had issues every time they've gone against a team that could put quality scoring and shutdown units against Kesler and Sedin, while still having good players matching up against a Vancouver bottom six that can't score.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
The Canucks need to improve their scoring and center depth, not dream about the second coming of the WCE. They don't really have players capable of generating their own offense after Burrows. It's why they've had issues every time they've gone against a team that could put quality scoring and shutdown units against Kesler and Sedin, while still having good players matching up against a Vancouver bottom six that can't score.
I agree with this, we need a third line centre that makes that line dangerous offensively. Higgins and Hansen are nice 2 way players for that line but they need someone that can stickhandle and pass or they don't have a chance. No more Pahlsson, Malhotra, Lapierre for crying out loud.

Moving Kassian with the twins can help in this regard, though. Sedin/Sedin/Burrows is three of our four best forwards on one line, it'd be smart to spread them around imo.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Any interest in justin willliams ? not saying id trade him but curious on any offer Looking for a propect top 6 young winger (maybe Jordan Schroeder) and pick 1st or something along that lines open to different offers

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Any interest in justin willliams ? not saying id trade him but curious on any offer Looking for a propect top 6 young winger (maybe Jordan Schroeder) and pick 1st or something along that lines open to different offers
Schroeder + 1st for Williams I would do that.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Schroeder is a centre though, but I think I would do that.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Schroeder is a centre though, but I think I would do that.
I thought he was draft as a rw ?

Old
10-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Gotta give to get I guess, I would probably do it. Personally I'd rather pay more and get someone even more dynamic, but if this were on the table, then ya.

Quote:
I thought he was draft as a rw ?
Nope. Natural center. Plays better there too by all accounts.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:23 PM
The Red Line

Don't want to read through the whole thread right now, but something around Franzen + pick(s) for Edler?

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:32 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Gotta give to get I guess, I would probably do it. Personally I'd rather pay more and get someone even more dynamic, but if this were on the table, then ya.

Nope. Natural center. Plays better there too by all accounts.
Damn the last thing the kings need is another center no matter how talented Jordan Schroeder is. Any chance jensen instead I see he can and does play both wings .

Old
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Don't want to read through the whole thread right now, but something around Franzen + pick(s) for Edler?
Then our D would need lots of help.

DennisReynolds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Nope. If anything it would be Flippula+ (given similar contract status). But that would still leave a hole in our top-4, so I think it would be a no-go.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Damn the last thing the kings need is another center no matter how talented Jordan Schroeder is. Any chance jensen instead I see he can and does play both wings .
Jensen or Kassian would likely only be in a package for legit first line talent.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Yeah, probably not. Jensen is the second coming around here, and that's with Kassian doing a convincing Bertuzzi impression in the A' right now.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
I really like Mule, but picks won't make up the difference, even counting contract status.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Jensen or Kassian would likely only be in a package for legit first line talent.
Well williams was 22 in rw scoring and was 12 th in assits in a down year also a +10. He may not be elite frist line but hes a legit frist line rw

Old
10-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Well williams was 22 in rw scoring and was 12 th in assits in a down year also a +10. He may not be elite frist line but hes a legit frist line rw
True. But if we were to include one(unlikely) then I wouldn't want to give up a first. I feel the players Kassian or Jensen will become would be close enough to Williams that it doesn't merit moving another potential impact player.

But to be honest I just wouldn't want to give them up unless it's for a player like Perry.(should have clarified when I said legit 1st line talent).

Old
10-29-2012, 03:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
True. But if we were to include one(unlikely) then I wouldn't want to give up a first. I feel the players Kassian or Jensen will become would be close enough to Williams that it doesn't merit moving another potential impact player.

But to be honest I just wouldn't want to give them up unless it's for a player like Perry.(should have clarified when I said legit 1st line talent).
Fair enuff just had to say that he was a legit 1st liner. I cant see the kings giving up williams for anything less the a furture top 6 winger. The only reason im considering this is the log jam on the left side this year ( 6 legitimate lws brown penner gagne king clifford and richardson) i figured with williams gone we could move brown back to the right side and be set again with richardson subing for whoever is hurt Would u consider a 2nd and 3rd instead of the frist with jensen

Old
10-29-2012, 03:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Yeah, probably not. Jensen is the second coming around here, and that's with Kassian doing a convincing Bertuzzi impression in the A' right now.
Fair enuff i know how that gets. Fan base can get attached to a player. Kinda like me and clifford for la It would take alot for me to give him up

Old
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Fair enuff just had to say that he was a legit 1st liner. I cant see the kings giving up williams for anything less the a furture top 6 winger. The only reason im considering this is the log jam on the left side this year ( 6 legitimate lws brown penner gagne king clifford and richardson) i figured with williams gone we could move brown back to the right side and be set again with richardson subing for whoever is hurt Would u consider a 2nd and 3rd instead of the frist with jensen
I don't think the pick is the biggest issue, its our prospect pool & how Jensen has performed so far.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
Valuewise it's fair, and it would probably make us a better team, but I'm just reluctant to give him up for less than a star.

But it's definitely a good offer, however I just would rather see what we have in Jensen, due to me being a homer and valuing prospects more than NHLers like everyone else on here.

But to be honest I would have thought the Kings would try to keep their core together for as long as possible after winning the cup.