HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Was the Vancouver Canucks "wussiness" great over exaggerated?

Old
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Vancouver could hit, but when pushed and bullied, their resolve was weak.

- Sedin letting himself get punched in the face by Marchand

- Lucic punching Burrows, who wilted and cried like a new born

- The clown car show of Lappierre, Burrows, and the Sedins falling down, getting shot by invisible assassins with blowdarts, and pining for calls watered down any level of toughness the rest of their team had

- Recchi schooling Lappiere, who just bent over and took it

- Thomas proving to be tougher and more man than Sedin and Burrows could handle

It was pretty clear that after the Burrows bite, that the Bruins were not going to mess around and were out for blood. Vancouver didn't know how to properly respond as a team.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:50 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post

- The clown car show of Lappierre, Burrows, and the Sedins falling down, getting shot by invisible assassins with blowdarts, and pining for calls watered down any level of toughness the rest of their team had

It was pretty clear that after the Burrows bite, that the Bruins were not going to mess around and were out for blood. Vancouver didn't know how to properly respond as a team.
Not even sure that they didn't know how to respond more than they couldn't, didn't and don't have those players who'll do anything and everything to win. Their on ice actions were absolutely embarrassing and if it were Bruin players doing the things they did, I would state the same.

They were outwilled, outhustled and any important puck race, corner battle or key play needed, they couldn't execute.

Geez.....too bad

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not even sure that they didn't know how to respond more than they couldn't, didn't and don't have those players who'll do anything and everything to win. Their on ice actions were absolutely embarrassing and if it were Bruin players doing the things they did, I would state the same.

They were outwilled, outhustled and any important puck race, corner battle or key play needed, they couldn't execute.

Geez.....too bad
The Nucks had no

They THOUGHT they would win the cup and didn't even consider that the B's might be the better team.

10-26-2012, 11:57 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
The Nucks had no

They THOUGHT they would win the cup and didn't even consider that the B's might be the better team.
Yep, and when a team relies so much on one thing to happen in order to win(PP), that's dangerous.

Lost in this too was just how badly Claude outcoached Vigneault who designed nothing different in any game

Old
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post

You missed the biggest contributing factor.

Their leadership. Alain Vigneault and Gillis spent almost the entire off-season complaining about the officiating. Even before the series with the Bruins had started, Vigneault made it a point to mention Thomas' "aggressiveness" with his crease.

Compare that to Julien who refused to comment on such matters and instead maintain that his team was focused regardless of what was going on.

If your coach is a whiner always for calls, YOU will be a whiner who puts too much focus on "unfair" officiating. And we saw it. The Canucks were (are) an incredibly well-constructed team with limp noodle leadership. Shane Doan may have taken charge and worked wonders for that club - good thing he's not getting the opportunity.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Yep, and when a team relies so much on one thing to happen in order to win(PP), that's dangerous.

Lost in this too was just how badly Claude outcoached Vigneault who designed nothing different in any game
I know the word "class" is used here too often but I thought Claude displayed far more class than Vigneault. I was so sick of the complaints about how Timmy played. the refs etc...

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Scotto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
You missed the biggest contributing factor.

Their leadership. Alain Vigneault and Gillis spent almost the entire off-season complaining about the officiating. Even before the series with the Bruins had started, Vigneault made it a point to mention Thomas' "aggressiveness" with his crease.

Compare that to Julien who refused to comment on such matters and instead maintain that his team was focused regardless of what was going on.

If your coach is a whiner always for calls, YOU will be a whiner who puts too much focus on "unfair" officiating. And we saw it. The Canucks were (are) an incredibly well-constructed team with limp noodle leadership. Shane Doan may have taken charge and worked wonders for that club - good thing he's not getting the opportunity.
you are so right with this post. It is one thing for us as fans to ***** and moan about the refs but when the coach's and GM's start doing it the players are going to follow that example. C.J. is the umber professional which sometimes pisses me off because I want he to act like me a fan but when you think about it he is doing exactly what he should be and I am sure it is not easy at all to hold all that in.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:06 PM
WestCoastBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I know the word "class" is used here too often but I thought Claude displayed far more class than Vigneault. I was so sick of the complaints about how Timmy played. the refs etc...
You should try living out here. It doesn't help that 90% of my clothes have the spoked B on them.

It was really sad here to see the complaining during the series and also the people talking about how they wanted Boston to win at least one at home so they could win the cup on home ice.

Not only was the lack of class from GM to coach then to the players. It also filters down to the fans. I love that we went through so much to win the cup but I would prefer it happened some place else. My poor daughter at school went through a crazy time as well wearing her Lucic jersey. She started to wear it when we were down 2 games to Montreal. Good memories.

WestCoastBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

Reading this thread gives me the chills just remembering all those wicked awesome moments.

Jdawg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Simply put, their tires weren't properly pumped!

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:43 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 191
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Simply put, their tires weren't properly pumped!
You can't pump a flat tire with a big punch-ure in it.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
you are so right with this post. It is one thing for us as fans to ***** and moan about the refs but when the coach's and GM's start doing it the players are going to follow that example. C.J. is the umber professional which sometimes pisses me off because I want he to act like me a fan but when you think about it he is doing exactly what he should be and I am sure it is not easy at all to hold all that in.
Sometimes I throw things at the TV or walls wishing it were Julien throwing sticks or the bench at the officials. But your post is right on.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
We broke their will after game 3. They showed up for exactly one of the final 5 games, and even game 5 they weren't that great. The Rome hit on Horton was the worst thing that could have ever happened to them.
I actually think it was this play that Started their demise:

Dan Hamhuis was a key player for them.

Neely2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastBruinsFan View Post
You should try living out here. It doesn't help that 90% of my clothes have the spoked B on them.

It was really sad here to see the complaining during the series and also the people talking about how they wanted Boston to win at least one at home so they could win the cup on home ice.

Not only was the lack of class from GM to coach then to the players. It also filters down to the fans. I love that we went through so much to win the cup but I would prefer it happened some place else. My poor daughter at school went through a crazy time as well wearing her Lucic jersey. She started to wear it when we were down 2 games to Montreal. Good memories.
Good for your daughter. I like her already.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:12 AM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
I actually think it was this play that Started their demise:

Dan Hamhuis was a key player for them.
Agreed...very big moment that was kind of forgotten...Hamhuis was a big player for them. Funny that it was a very Marchand-ish play, but didn't quite get the same kind of reaction from the media/league. Although I guess, after looking at it again, it was more of a hip-check than anything.

UNB Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

I know this sounds silly, but even the way the Sedins fell was annoying. Like on your back and your legs come all the way of the ice,a dn your whole body kind of rocks. Far too exaggerated for the refs to take seriously.

I miss hockey.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

At least they can bust out the Vancouver Millionaires film reel and projector to relive the magic of that Cup run.

Topshelf8188 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 06:02 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Finished off with the dusting of hands while skating past the Canucks bench. One of the greatest hockey moments I've ever witnessed.
Obviously Brad played great in the finals but I didn't like when he did the ''dusting of hands'',it was pretty arrogant in my opinion.

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 05:53 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Obviously Brad played great in the finals but I didn't like when he did the ''dusting of hands'',it was pretty arrogant in my opinion.
There was a certain swagger to it though. It wasn't an entitled arrogance like the Canucks displayed throughout the playoffs, it was more of a "you-are-not-****ing-beating-us" arrogance.

And I loved it.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:45 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
Agreed, love the kid and understand his ways....if this were anyone not wearing a spoked B on their chest, the overwhelming majority of fans here would be commenting about how much of a p***k that player was and how they displayed a complete lack of respect for the game blah blah

Old
10-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Agreed, love the kid and understand his ways....if this were anyone not wearing a spoked B on their chest, the overwhelming majority of fans here would be commenting about how much of a p***k that player was and how they displayed a complete lack of respect for the game blah blah
I think XP above has a point, though. If the Canucks hadn't been biting, taunting (most especially taunting Bergy, of all people), and delivering cheap shots (recall Pierre saying during Game 3 that the Bruins were extremely upset about Horton), does Marchand do that? Perhaps, but in the context of what was happening, I can't blame him.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think XP above has a point, though. If the Canucks hadn't been biting, taunting (most especially taunting Bergy, of all people), and delivering cheap shots (recall Pierre saying during Game 3 that the Bruins were extremely upset about Horton), does Marchand do that? Perhaps, but in the context of what was happening, I can't blame him.
Bergy handled that taunting with class. His fellow B's were pissed and I thought it was a riot when Rex and Looch did it to them. There were just so many great moments in that series.

Most of the Nucks got what they deserved. Maybe they will think twice before planning the parade next time...or telling their fans they WOULD win game 7.

screw the Nucks.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Would he be as dirty as he is today if he weren't playing for the Bruins?
He knows he is being backed up by Chara, Quaider, Thornton etc.

I don't think he'd normally act like that.

I loved what he did to Sedin though. One of my favourite moments of the entire playoffs.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Would he be as dirty as he is today if he weren't playing for the Bruins?
He knows he is being backed up by Chara, Quaider, Thornton etc.

I don't think he'd normally act like that.

I loved what he did to Sedin though. One of my favourite moments of the entire playoffs.
I've heard this countless times by a lot of people. He was a ***** when he played in the ahl.. he was considered a sean avery type of player that agitated people. He would be that type of player if he had komisarek backing him up.. nevermind who has on his team now. I'm gonna ask some of the canadian brethren who are more up on their juniors knowledge... was marchand like this in juniors? I thought i heard that he was always playing an agitating style of hockey.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Rocko604
Let's Go Bruins

If the Canucks didn't lose Hamhuis and the hit on Horton doesn't happen, it's a completely different series. Not saying the Canucks would have won, but those two circumstances benefited the Bruins greatly.

Losing Hamhuis was a huge to the Canucks, and the hit on Horton was like punching a guy who was already knocked out and about hit the canvas: You woke him up and made him angry.

Rocko604 is offline   Reply With Quote