Notices

The Official Jaromir Jagr Discussion Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Mirinho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Vendor on ebay. There were two auctions (from the same seller). One had one bidder, and the bid was $55 - the other had no bids and a buy it now" for $65. I just did that to avoid a bidding war.

Go to ebay and type in "jagr kladno" - you may only see the other auction that has the 1 bid, unless the vendor relists another.

He replied back to me this morning and, while his english is not that great, I think he said I would have it in my hand in 3 weeks (due to the shipping time from Czechoslovakia).

I think the jersey is really cool. I did see a while version online too, but I liked the blue one better.

The logo with the face almost reminds me of the vikings or something similar.

I'm a big Jagr fan, so I'll get a kick out of having this.
grats to your new jersey

but are you really buying it from Czechoslovakia

and pls don't forget to write us about your first walk in this jersey ok? hehe Kladno Jersey somewhere in NA

Last edited by Mirinho: 10-29-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Mirinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
grats to your new jersey

but are you really buying it from Czechoslovakia

and pls don't forget to write us about your first walk in this jersey ok? hehe Kladno Jersey somewhere in NA
Ok, the czech republic - sorry

I'm still waiting for it. It should be in this week.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Also, the member crabcz is helping me get a Kladno hockey puck (he posted on the previous page - offering to help anyone get a jersey if they wanted one). It's like the one in my avatar

I missed out on 1 auction on ebay, and I couldn't find one anywhere else. Hope to have it in hand in 3 weeks or so

Old
10-29-2012, 03:32 PM
crabcz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
Also, the member crabcz is helping me get a Kladno hockey puck (he posted on the previous page - offering to help anyone get a jersey if they wanted one). It's like the one in my avatar

I missed out on 1 auction on ebay, and I couldn't find one anywhere else. Hope to have it in hand in 3 weeks or so
Yes, I'm a bit reluctant to send a expensive jersey without insurance though. I've lost a jersey this way - a sharp object went through the package.

crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 09:40 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes, that would suck....

Old
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

This is probably an inappropriate place to post this, but I'll do my best to make it about Jagr.

99' was a pretty solid year as far as being a Stars fan goes. It was also the prime of Jagr's career. But Gretz also called it a career and in his final game Jagr scored the winner in OT to truly take the torch from The Great One. During Gretzky's final year the Rangers brought out the White Lady Liberty jersey, and for only that one year.White Liberty Kinda cool the Stars won the cup in 99', and 99' was also the last year we will see anyone wear #99 in the NHL (Backstrom's a loser for wearing it in the KHL IMO). And now the guy who took the torch from Gretzky in 99', which according to me is the year of the Star, will hopefully retire a Star.

Pretty cool and somewhat coincidental I thought, so of course already being a fan of the Lady Liberty jersey I had to buy it. No hockey is getting wayy too expensive, I think I've bought at least 15 jerseys in the last month or so. I completed the entire Stars history (sadly Mooterus included), all replica and older remakes, going back to '67-68.

TBH, I never really liked Jagr until he came to Dallas, but I do appreciate his place in the history of the game. I'm still up in the air on it, but think I will get 68 Jagr on an old school 67-68 White Northstars jersey, as a commemorative to the first Stars' season and to the best player to ever play for the franchise.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitimes View Post
This is probably an inappropriate place to post this, but I'll do my best to make it about Jagr.

And now the guy who took the torch from Gretzky in 99', which according to me is the year of the Star, will hopefully retire a Star.

TBH, I never really liked Jagr until he came to Dallas, but I do appreciate his place in the history of the game. I'm still up in the air on it, but think I will get 68 Jagr on an old school 67-68 White Northstars jersey, as a commemorative to the first Stars' season and to the best player to ever play for the franchise.
Wait, did the Stars sign him to a 5 year deal?

Seriously though, just remember that at this point there's a chance he never plays a game for the Stars (we're all hoping that's not the case).

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post

Seriously though, just remember that at this point there's a chance he never plays a game for the Stars (we're all hoping that's not the case).
Ohhhhhh I know, which was the reason I guarded the statement with a 'hopefully'. I'm diein' to see what he might do for the PP. No time's a good time for a lockout, but this one just plain sucks if you're a Stars or Jagr fan. Not many top 10 NHL all-time scorers will ever wear a Stars uni. He said it himself recently, he's got time for hockey with Kladno, NHL's another story.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post

For sure, this lockout came at a very inopportune time for Jagr and Stars fans.

Last year was a re-adjustment period for Jagr in the NHL and couple that with the injury (groin) he struggled with in the second half, this made it a rather average come back for him.

At the half-way mark Jagr had 40 Pts in his first 41 games (consider that he didn't score his first goal that season until the 7th game mark) and there was lots of optimism for the second half. His chemistry with Giroux and Hartnell was at its peak, he was looking stronger and stronger and was starting to look very comfortable to be back in the NHL (he was putting together a string of 1,2, 3 Pts games at that point along with 18, 19, 20 + minute games) and then the ever-pesky groin injury occurred.

He tried to come back too early and when he did; it seemed that he had fallen out of favor with Laviolette and was relegated to the 3rd and 4th lines playing about 12 minutes a game. He never really regained his form back. He looked hurt, slow, tired and his shot was lacking.

Watching his games in the Czech Extraliga this year has me very excited.

He looks lighter yet stronger and his stickhandling and shooting look to be back to Jagr standards.

What I have also noticed is the jump in his legs, he looks quicker and faster this year. For what it's worth, it is only the Czech Extraliga (this is a weaker league than even the KHL) but the level of play in the league is up this year due to the influx of many NHL players and in comparison, the last time Jagr played in the Czech Extraliga was 2004-05 (the last lockout) and he was putting up similar numbers then as to now and we all know how well he played the following NHL season.

If there is an NHL season (which we are all hoping there is), all indication has it that the Dallas organization is putting a lot of faith in Jagr to help lead them back to the playoffs. He will be allowed to play on the right half boards on the PP (something that we rarely saw in Philadelphia) and this has always been his bread and butter on the PP.

What's clear is that he still has elite vision and give him the chance (as long as he stays healthy) and I have no doubt in my mind that he can return to being a PPG player and 30 goal scorer. I think he will be given more opportunities to lead in offense where as in Philly that team revolved around Giroux last year. Jagr even at this advanced stage of his career still needs to have the puck on his stick to be an effective player.

This is also without taking into consideration the type of mentoring he will offer to the younger Stars players and very importantly Benn. The way he prepares for games and the fact that he once was the league's best player will help to mold Benn into a better player.

Last edited by livewell68: 10-30-2012 at 02:45 PM.
livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Jagr brings pride, talent to HC Kladno

Jagr brings pride, talent to HC Kladno

Quote:
Should the lockout end, he’ll be in the Western Conference for the first time in his career and will look to return Dallas to the playoffs for the first time since 2008. But for now, home is with Kladno in the Extraliga’s oldest arena that pulsates with fan support and a resurgence of premier hockey talent – with thanks greatly due to Jaromir Jagr.
http://www.foxsportswest.com/10/27/1...blockID=810815

Old
10-31-2012, 01:10 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
All Jagr talk is going to go in here.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 11:52 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Highlights of Jagr's recent hat trick can be seen here: http://www.sport.cz/hokej/extraliga/....html#topstory

(site is not in english, but you can still watch the video)

Last edited by shipwreck: 11-02-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old
11-02-2012, 03:31 PM
jagrgodr

Jagr picked up another 2 points tonight in 6 to 9 win for kladno.

15 games in, Jagr has 22 points good for 1.46 points per game with 9 goals and 11 assists.

This is not the best league in europe but it's supposedly close behind the KHL. There is very little hitting in the league but Jagr looks extremely good and i would say that is an excellent sign for Dallas fans if the lockout ends soon.

If you put that 1.46 points per game into perspective, he produces 1.64 points when playing for the same team in the 2004-2005 lockout in which he played 17 games and produced 28 points, not too far off his current pace. In 1994-1995 he produced at a 2 ppg in 11 games for the same team.

Jagr's two best seasons came after lockouts too. His 95-96 season he produced 149 points and the 2004-2005 season with the rangers he produced 54 goals and 123 points. Yes Jagr is older, but he is still a top 10 all time points leader and probably has the best shot to produce a great season in his old age because of his tremendous work ethic. Jagr's life is hockey, more so than most players.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:57 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Jagr picked up another 2 points tonight in 6 to 9 win for kladno.

15 games in, Jagr has 22 points good for 1.46 points per game with 9 goals and 11 assists.

This is not the best league in europe but it's supposedly close behind the KHL. There is very little hitting in the league but Jagr looks extremely good and i would say that is an excellent sign for Dallas fans if the lockout ends soon.

If you put that 1.46 points per game into perspective, he produces 1.64 points when playing for the same team in the 2004-2005 lockout in which he played 17 games and produced 28 points, not too far off his current pace. In 1994-1995 he produced at a 2 ppg in 11 games for the same team.

Jagr's two best seasons came after lockouts too. His 95-96 season he produced 149 points and the 2004-2005 season with the rangers he produced 54 goals and 123 points. Yes Jagr is older, but he is still a top 10 all time points leader and probably has the best shot to produce a great season in his old age because of his tremendous work ethic. Jagr's life is hockey, more so than most players.
I've enjoyed watching some of the highlights of his games recently. he does seem faster than when he was on the Flyers last season...

Old
11-02-2012, 07:57 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I finally got my Jagr jersey in today

Pretty cool!

Old
11-02-2012, 08:22 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Looks amazing. I'm jealous.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
jagrgodr

YAY awesome, congrats!!! I MUST GET ONE NOW!!!

Old
11-02-2012, 09:39 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks

Well, I'm looking forward to the coffee mug and kladno puck I am waiting on. Also getting a keychain for my son (khe has a thing about keychains )

Last edited by shipwreck: 11-02-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 02:29 PM
livewell68

Anyone have any clips of yesterday's match between Kladno and Pardubice?

Jagr had 1 goal and 1 assist in the game. I have only seen clips of Plekanec and the other Kladno's player's hattricks.

Anyone have clips of Jagr picking up those 2 points or say of all the goals in that game?

Old
11-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Calibos72

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post

Jagr had 1 goal and 1 assist in the game. I have only seen clips of Plekanec and the other Kladno's player's hattricks.

Anyone have clips of Jagr picking up those 2 points or say of all the goals in that game?
http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilan...rytiri-kladno/

record the whole match

Calibos72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:41 AM
DrunkElkCZ

vCash: 377
Quote:

By the way, the other Kladno's player's was Pavel Patera who played 12 matches for Stars in 1999/2000

DrunkElkCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
jagrgodr

Jagr with a goal and 3 assists tonight in a 7 to 2 win. He is up to 1.65 points, the same average the year before his Rangers domination season :-D

Old
11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Jagr with a goal and 3 assists tonight in a 7 to 2 win. He is up to 1.65 points, the same average the year before his Rangers domination season :-D
It's actually 1.625 PPG. He has 26 Pts in 16 games, does he not?

Old
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
It's actually 1.625 PPG. He has 26 Pts in 16 games, does he not?
Yeah you are right, my bad. BTW Kladno is in 2nd place, 5 points behind the leader (3 points per win). Their next game won't be till the 11th when they play the 3rd place team who are 4 points behind Kladno, that will be a good match of 2 strong teams.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:04 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Yeah you are right, my bad. BTW Kladno is in 2nd place, 5 points behind the leader (3 points per win). Their next game won't be till the 11th when they play the 3rd place team who are 4 points behind Kladno, that will be a good match of 2 strong teams.
I hope he can carry over some of this momentum into the NHL if there is a season this year. He looks lighter, stronger and faster this year.

Here's to hoping there is an NHL this year and Jagr is over a PPG player in the big leagues.

Edit, Jagr had 4 assists along with the goal apparently as perhttp://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=167914&spln=1

That gave him 5 Pts for the game and 27 Pts in 16 matches so far for Kladno which is a 1.6875 PPG overall.

Over an 82 game schedule that would have been 138 Pts. If one is to take the Czech Extraliga point total and translate it to the NHL (73 % is transfered) then that would still be a 101 Pts game season over 82 games in the NHL.

He's looking good!!! I heard that the Czech Extraliga trails only the KHL in Europe in terms of level of play. Does anyone have any input on this?

Could he challenge Malkin for the Art Ross if there is a shortened season? One's allowed to dream.

Last edited by livewell68: 11-04-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: c