HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 05:44 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Good. He was just about the only one to show up. Start taking the ball out of vick's hand and let him run it 30 times a game.

It's basically just him, Kurt Coleman, Brent Celek, Trent Cole, at times DeMeco Ryans and Cullen Jenkins that look like they care.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

vCash: 673
When Reid gets canned, I want a defensive coach. I dont care if they are terrible for a few years as they would stockpile high end talent, as that would be much more productive then what they are now.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Phileeguy
Mira, que linda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
When Reid gets canned, I want a defensive coach. I dont care if they are terrible for a few years as they would stockpile high end talent, as that would be much more productive then what they are now.
I wouldn't mind a defensive coach, but this franchise seems to have trouble finding a really good HC that was a defensive guy. Over the past 3 decades the guys who were defensive have been disappointing. Ray Rhodes, Marion Campbell, and Buddy Ryan. That's right I said Ryan. He had a hell of a defense when he coached, but his offense was too often "Randall, go make a play." For all the deserved crap that flies Kotite's (an offensive guy) way, Rich had a better winning percentage and actually won a playoff game with a lot of the same guys Ryan had.

Beyond that, I'd be okay with another offensive guy if he had a decent QB, made a commitment to run the ball and hired a solid defensive guy to coordinate. NFL has swung to the offense over the past while, and 4 of the last 5 HCs who have won Super Bowls were offensive guys.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Trent Cole: "I will **** you up!"
Way to go Trent. Show some balls when the game is over. Big Red has lost the team. If there was ever a game to show who you are, this was the one. To play with no effort at all tells me the team needs a new leader. Lurie must just love hearing game after game all these chants and half empty seats at games end. I will be surprized if Reid makes it to the end of the season at this rate. Vick needs to be benched so they can see that the kid can do. Why not? They are not making the playoffs so lets see what he can do. Hell I almost felt sorry for andy today at the press conference.The man did not look well. But he is the one who wanted the dogkiller for his QB. Between him and the O line and the non tackling conerbacks this team is in fine shape. Did I mention the great ends playing the wide nine? **** it Trent. Lets go deer hunting down in Swedesboro soon, screw the coach.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:50 PM
FLYguy3911

I highly doubt they would can Andy midseason. After the season is a different story.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Justified
Sack Holmgren &Amaro

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I wouldn't mind a defensive coach, but this franchise seems to have trouble finding a really good HC that was a defensive guy. Over the past 3 decades the guys who were defensive have been disappointing. Ray Rhodes, Marion Campbell, and Buddy Ryan. That's right I said Ryan. He had a hell of a defense when he coached, but his offense was too often "Randall, go make a play." For all the deserved crap that flies Kotite's (an offensive guy) way, Rich had a better winning percentage and actually won a playoff game with a lot of the same guys Ryan had.

Beyond that, I'd be okay with another offensive guy if he had a decent QB, made a commitment to run the ball and hired a solid defensive guy to coordinate. NFL has swung to the offense over the past while, and 4 of the last 5 HCs who have won Super Bowls were offensive guys.
Im just sick and tired of this defense looking like crap. Find someone who can evaluate defensive talent and fit them into a good scheme.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:38 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
I'm never going to get over the fact that (as far as we know) the team never contacted Jeff Fisher two years ago for a D-Co position...and instead handed the job to their O-Line coach

Fisher COULD HAVE stepped right in and taken over after Andy gets canned. Instead....not available.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Prongo
Beer

Lady's and Gentleman, the new starting quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles is Nick Foles.

Can't wait to see him in action.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:05 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
I can't see Reid making a switch right now. Vick didn't turn the ball over, and next week you're going up against my Saints, who have the most legitimate of cases for fielding the worst defense in NFL history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I'm never going to get over the fact that (as far as we know) the team never contacted Jeff Fisher two years ago for a D-Co position...and instead handed the job to their O-Line coach

Fisher COULD HAVE stepped right in and taken over after Andy gets canned. Instead....not available.
He was never going to go anywhere as a defensive coordinator

Old
10-29-2012, 08:07 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Ha. Someone had a "Fire Castillo again?" sign.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Jray42

vCash: 86
Quote:

Fisher got the Head Coaching gig in St. Louis, he wouldn't have coe here to be the coordinator anyway.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:20 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Fisher got the Head Coaching gig in St. Louis, he wouldn't have coe here to be the coordinator anyway.
He started this season. He was available BEFORE the start of last season, when Castillo got the D-Co job. Hiring Fisher boosts the defense and puts some heat on Andy, knowing there is a very good NFL head coach coaching with him on his sideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I can't see Reid making a switch right now. Vick didn't turn the ball over, and next week you're going up against my Saints, who have the most legitimate of cases for fielding the worst defense in NFL history.

He was never going to go anywhere as a defensive coordinator
Maybe not, but it's frustrating that they didn't even try. He's worked in the organization before.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
He started this season. He was available BEFORE the start of last season, when Castillo got the D-Co job. Hiring Fisher boosts the defense and puts some heat on Andy, knowing there is a very good NFL head coach coaching with him on his sideline.

Maybe not, but it's frustrating that they didn't even try. He's worked in the organization before.
Fisher wouldn't have taken a coordinator job. He knew he would get another shot as a HC. That would be like Andy taking a coordinator job after he gets let go. Not going to happen.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Fisher wouldn't have taken a coordinator job. He knew he would get another shot as a HC. That would be like Andy taking a coordinator job after he gets let go. Not going to happen.
You never know. Mike Tice took a job as O-Line coach for the Bears after being a head coach. Singletary is currently a LBs coach for the Vikings.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:50 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
You never know. Mike Tice took a job as O-Line coach for the Bears after being a head coach. Singletary is currently a LBs coach for the Vikings.
And there's a reason for that. Those guys make Fisher look like Lombardi.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:40 PM
TheLegendkiller

Well do you think Rex Ryan would take a coordinator job or will he get another shot as HC?

Old
10-29-2012, 08:06 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Well do you think Rex Ryan would take a coordinator job or will he get another shot as HC?
Not sure about him. He'll definitely get another shot. Whether he has to be a coordinator again first IDK.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:17 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
To the Carolina comment, their main problem has been finishing games out fully.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Phileeguy
Mira, que linda.

Some quotes from an article by Berman in today's Inqy.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...h_defense.html

Quote:
Yet Kendricks did not seem to think the defense had fallen apart...
"A couple mishaps, a couple plays here and there, nothing too serious,"
Quote:
Cedric Thornton, a defensive tackle who took nearly half of the defensive snaps on Sunday and recorded a sack, said, "There's nothing wrong with our defense" and attributed two of the Falcons touchdowns to poor calls by the officials that extended Atlanta's drives.
Quote:
Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who was beaten for a deep touchdown, did not think the problems on Sunday were problems that have happened before. But missed tackles, penalties, and busted coverages were problems in previous games this season.

"I didn't see any confusion," Asomugha said. "We haven't tackled poorly. We haven't covered poorly, [and] we haven't had the issues even in the run-game with those long plays. So we're just doing things that we haven't really done all year."
They're delusional.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

They're delusional.
The sign of a problem. No accountability whatsoever.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:

They're delusional.
So.... then how did the Falcons score all those points? That would've been my next question.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:53 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Eagles going to continue to ride the Vick train. The 28th ranked offense in the league not making any changes it seems.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:02 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eagles going to continue to ride the Vick train. The 28th ranked offense in the league not making any changes it seems.
Good.... Not because I like Vick (I hate him as a person and a football player), but because this will serve as another nail in his, and Reids, coffin(s).

This will prove that (1) Vick is not good, and (2) Reid cannot make good football decisions, in any aspect.

Castillo - Failure
Vick - Failure
Drafting - Failure
Post JJ D - Failure
Redzone Scoring For The Last 8 Years - Failure
Game Time Decisions - Failure
Clock Management - Failure
Offensive Play Calling - Failure

The list is longer than the failures listed above, and the severity of failure has increased every year since JJ passed. Reid, Vick, ASO, Allen (the whole secondary really), Babin, The 30 year old rookie, Brandon Grham and the rest of the coaching staff need to get booted out.

Also, Lurie should just sell the team and pocket his cash... Dont let the Wide 9 hit you in the a$$ on the way out, you carpet bagging POS

Old
10-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Phileeguy
Mira, que linda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Good.... Not because I like Vick (I hate him as a person and a football player), but because this will serve as another nail in his, and Reids, coffin(s).
Maybe, maybe not. New Orleans' defense is worst in the league. So if they move the ball and score, it's a bit of an out. But if they continue to suck, there's your nail.

Quote:
This will prove that (1) Vick is not good, and (2) Reid cannot make good football decisions, in any aspect.

Castillo - Failure
Vick - Failure
Drafting - Failure
Post JJ D - Failure
Redzone Scoring For The Last 8 Years - Failure
Game Time Decisions - Failure
Clock Management - Failure
Offensive Play Calling - Failure
Squeezing the most out of past "glory" years and schmoozing the owner and national media to brainwash them into thinking he's still good - Pure Success

Quote:
Also, Lurie should just sell the team and pocket his cash... Dont let the Wide 9 hit you in the a$$ on the way out, you carpet bagging POS
Unless an owner is in dire straights money-wise, or there's infighting within owning families over control, I can't see anyone selling what is a cash-cow in an NFL franchise. They're basically money printing machines.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:13 PM
TheLegendkiller

Vick wasn't even really to blame for the loss. Everybody wants to see Foles in but I guarrantee you if they put that rookie in with the o-line the way it is, in the middle of the season, he's going to throw mutliple picks per game and seriously lose his confidence.

Closed Thread