2011-2012 Anaheim Ducks Prospects Update Part II ‎

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tANNERRRR54 View Post
Was curious to see what everyone's thoughts were on Etem so far? I haven't watched any of the Norfolk games other than the highlights. However, I have heard he has been pretty invisible. Why is that? It sounds like he is on the 3rd line. Is that correct?

Again, I have not watched any of the games, but I am thinking maybe throwing him up with Holland and Palmieri would really help him get some points and gain confidence. The guy must feel pretty bad right now with 0 points through the first 4 games. He is so used to tearing it up in the WHL. I am sure he will bounce back fairly soon, but how has his play looked?
He's had shifts with them here and there. Line mates aren't the problem.

Old
10-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I seem to think Etem has a history of slow adjustment periods. NTDP, going into WHL, at various juniors tournaments, etc. Then once he adjust he starts to tear it up. So this would just be par for the course.
Etem is a hard worker, but I've kind of gotten the impression he doesn't have a particularly high hockey IQ. He doesn't strike me as someone who only needs to be told once, but who needs the repetition.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:05 AM
tANNERRRR54

Cool thanks for the info. Hopefully he can adjust ASAP. Would love to see him have a breakout game of a couple goals and assists

Old
10-25-2012, 08:46 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I'm bored at school, so I did another prospect update.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Paul4587

Thanks for the update. Cramarossa needs to start producing better numbers than he has been considering it's his last year of juniors and he's about to turn 20. Even most 4th liners in the NHL were somewhat productive by their last season of juniors.

Illo could be one to watch. He went from 6 points in 37 games in his first year to 17 points in 30 games last season. If he can keep improving at the rate he has he could have a chance to earn a contract when he's done at College.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Carelton CA

Admrials Insider

The Unsung Heroes

Posted on October 25, 2012

The fourth line has a tough job in hockey. On average, they take more fists to the face than their teammates. They’re asked to create energy, create chances, and wear out the opposition. They must simultaneously grind the game to a halt (for the opposition) and jump-start their team’s offense. More often than not, it is a thankless job.

Troy Bodie, Chris Wagner, and Jay Rosehill managed to blur the typical lines during the opening four games of the season. “I guess on paper you’d say that [they are the 4th line]. But, right now, we just have 4 lines and they’re all contributing in different ways,” said Admirals Head Coach, Trent Yawney. However, exceptional performance often breeds reward. In Saturday’s game against Connecticut, Yawney named this trio as part of the starting lineup. Bodie figures it was both a reward and a strategic decision. “Our line has been playing well. Our success has been pressuring and getting momentum. I felt very privileged that he started us.” Yawney must have agreed. After all, prior to Saturday’s match-up, Yawney stated, “they’re kind of the unsung heroes through the first three games. They did a great job fore-checking and creating energy for the lines that followed them.”

The blurred lines don’t seem so indistinguishable to some of the players, though. Chris Wagner quickly offered his thoughts on the first line, “Umm, I’d say it’s ‘Palms’ (Kyle Palmieri), ‘Petey’ (Peter Holland), and Pat Maroon.” In a moment of self-deprecating humility he continued, “The first line usually has all the skill (laughs).” The trouble with his sentiment is that he and his line were the stars on Saturday night. The chance to start (and score his first professional goal, by the way) didn’t go unnoticed by Wagner, “It was cool to start, as a rookie. I definitely didn’t expect that.”

The useful thing about rewarding players is that oftentimes it provides unexpected results. During Saturday’s game, Troy Bodie scored a short-handed goal, assisted on a short-handed goal, and notched a win in a fight against former Admiral, Mike Vernace. This feat is known as a “Gordie Howe hat trick”. I’ve often wondered which is more satisfying for a player: the goal, the assist, or winning the fight. For Bodie, the answer is simple, “whatever one’s the third one, I guess (laughs).”

In addition to this line’s success, everyone’s contributing, and there have been plenty of positives in review; however, Saturday night belongs to the unsung heroes. Their line accounts for 10 total points; and, Bodie (2g, 2a) and Wagner (1g, 3a) are on point-per-game paces. The team looks to build on its success during their first road trip. “Our line’s been preaching just to ‘play simple’. Just get pucks deep. Get in there. Bang and crash,” said Bodie. If their energy and effort continues, the Admirals can expect to extend their already impressive season-opening winning streak to five this coming weekend.

Here is the link to the article...It has some good video embedded in it from Saturday.
http://norfolkadmirals.wordpress.com

Old
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Hockey Duckie

Woot, woot! Thank you for the article, Carelton! Nice response by the coaches at Norfolk to reward the hard work that the fourth line with starting the game. And Wagner is raising more eyebrows. Good news all around.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:15 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
That 4th line is like the 3rd Ducks had in 2007. Shutted down opposing line and scored. Of course they are not as talented but you get the idea.

Old
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

NU up 3-1 at Wildcats after 1st, Roy not on score sheet.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:37 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
I think Kerdiles is injured.

From his Facebook: Haha all I can do is laugh about it. What else can go wrong in my life right now...

and someone commented get well soon. Also apparently he didn't play the entire second period (at least) of his last game.

Last edited by DuckJet: 10-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old
10-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Exit Dose

Rakell with an assist.

I haven't seen it here, but Kerdiles has been cleared by the NCAA to play with the USNDTP while he waits for his suspension to end.

Edit: Haha, well, looking at the post above, it doesn't matter.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:07 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

I don't have much of a foundation here, but Lindholm is booked in the NHL-roster next season (in my mind).

Old
10-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I don't have much of a foundation here, but Lindholm is booked in the NHL-roster next season (in my mind).
If next season means 2014, I agree. Hell, if we have a season this year, it wouldn't shock me to see him get a look late in the season.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:42 PM
AngelDuck

I agree with you guys, but who do we move to fit Lindholm and Vatanen on the blueline? Obviously Lydman will be gone after this year, so we could get one of them on the blueline. Try to move Souray?

Old
10-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I agree with you guys, but who do we move to fit Lindholm and Vatanen on the blueline? Obviously Lydman will be gone after this year, so we could get one of them on the blueline. Try to move Souray?
Well, we'd need to see how the new additions pan out before making those decisions.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Well, we'd need to see how the new additions pan out before making those decisions.
This. It's tough to speculate before we've seen anything, and it's also important to remember that doing well in the AHL doesn't always mean you're a better option at the NHL level. I'd rather see spots earned at the NHL level, instead of the AHL level.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
It's quite possible Souray could create the opening...but likely not because he has any trade value.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:05 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
It's quite possible Souray could create the opening...but likely not because he has any trade value.
You're probably right. Souray will be injured enough to get Lindholm in there.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:34 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
From Bucky's Twitter:
Nic Kerdiles suffered a grade 1 MCL injury Saturday night. No surgery needed. Out a couple weeks. Will be back in time for Nov. 30th at DU.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:40 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

From now on, all our prospects are forbidden from attending Wisconsin. That school has bad mojo for the Ducks.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Carelton CA

Do over

Watching these names roll across the top of this screen as the TOP PROSPECTS, voted sometime this summer I believe.

#1 Palmieri
#2 Etem
#3 Vatanen
#4 Rakell
#5 Holland
#6 Smith-Pelley
#7 Lindholm
#8 Karlsson
#9 Gibson
#10 Kerdiles
#11 Friberg

Now that we're at the end of October and have a snapshot of all the prospects what would you change today? Also need to remember that the AHL is now considered the best league in the world according to almost all the experts. That being said, here is my new ranking.

#1 Vatanen
#2 Palmieri
#3 Lindholm
#4 Holland
#5 Smith-Pelley
#6 Gibson
#7 Wagner
#8 Friberg
#9 Rakell
#10 Bobkov
#11 Karlsson

Old
10-29-2012, 04:49 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Etem completely off your top 11? I don't think I agree with that. Smells a little like what have you done for me lately. He has had a slow start but he is still pretty talented IMO.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Etem completely off your top 11? I don't think I agree with that. Smells a little like what have you done for me lately. He has had a slow start but he is still pretty talented IMO.
But that's exactly what the poster is stating. Hence, "with the snapshot" of the league so far.

I would rank Lindholm #1 because he's an 18 year old doing extremely well. Vatanen is doing what he's been doing for the past few years. Nothing wrong with that because it just supports that Vatanen has been that good all the while.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:20 PM
tuozzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
Watching these names roll across the top of this screen as the TOP PROSPECTS, voted sometime this summer I believe.

#1 Palmieri
#2 Etem
#3 Vatanen
#4 Rakell
#5 Holland
#6 Smith-Pelley
#7 Lindholm
#8 Karlsson
#9 Gibson
#10 Kerdiles
#11 Friberg

Now that we're at the end of October and have a snapshot of all the prospects what would you change today? Also need to remember that the AHL is now considered the best league in the world according to almost all the experts. That being said, here is my new ranking.

#1 Vatanen
#2 Palmieri
#3 Lindholm
#4 Holland
#5 Smith-Pelley
#6 Gibson
#7 Wagner
#8 Friberg
#9 Rakell
#10 Bobkov
#11 Karlsson
Really?

Old
10-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuozzi View Post
Really?
Yeah, but that`s not oficiall yet, since Sutton remains silent.

Closed Thread