HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 10:21 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
If we suck enough that we are unloading quality players for draft picks (which makes us even worse) I want Sasha Barkov. I don't care about where someone is from and a Galchenyk/Barkov 1-2 punch would be epic.
Barkov or Lindholm would be great picks at 3-4.Monahan at 5 and Drouin probably at 9-10.If the Habs are picking @3-4 it would be a close call Barkov hasn't had a good start to this season and Lindholm has had a really good start.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Prairie Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Barkov or Lindholm would be great picks at 3-4.Monahan at 5 and Drouin probably at 9-10.If the Habs are picking @3-4 it would be a close call Barkov hasn't had a good start to this season and Lindholm has had a really good start.
12GP 9G 7A 16P +6

I'd say that's at least good. Add in that he is 6'2 205 as a 17 year old.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:28 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
12GP 9G 7A 16P +6

I'd say that's at least good. Add in that he is 6'2 205 as a 17 year old.
With a name like Barkov it makes him sound like a bit of a dog.I can't argue about the amount of goals he's scored and he's bigger than Lindholm.There's still a lot of games to play in the meantime and I would like to see some more French talent if all things are equal.Like Drouin VS Shinkaruk,French-Canadian kids playing for Montreal will just outplay other equal talent,they play for the pride of Quebec.That was more my point,certainly if the Habs pick in the top five,I expect them to take the BPA regardless of nationality.MacKinnon would be the BPA,then Jones but like I said there's a lot of hockey to be played between now and the draft.Carrier,Morin,Erne,Duclair,Gauthier,Mantha,B aptiste and Drouin that's a lot of talent and the Habs have 4 picks in the 1st two rounds.There are eight very talented players and seven forwards,Bergevin,Dudley and Timmins can most assuredly choose a couple that will fit the Habs needs in the top six.They made great picks in 2012 and 2013 will be a very good draft also IMO.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Agreed, Kane IMO is a bit similar to Pacioretty in size, skating and shooting abilities, but I think Kane still can get better, like a 70-90pts PF, while Pacio could become a 60-70pts sniper who can play physical from time to time.

If Winnipeg asked us for our 2013 1st and, I don't know, one of our 2nd for the rights to Kane, even though I think 2013 draft will be the best in years, I don't think I would pass on that, damn Kane is only 21 !
Evander Kane would cost a LOT more than a 1st and 2nd from the 2013 draft. We wouldn't take that offer for Pacioretty, why would Winnipeg do it for Kane? To get Kane we would have to offer painful pieces to lose (think of a deal involving players like Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, etc...). At best we would be making a lateral move, at worst...

It would be far better for us to wait until Getzlaff and Perry are free agents and try to get one of them for our retool.

Of course, if the Winnipeg GM DID lose his mind and ask for our 1st and 2nd in 2013 for Kane, I would throw in Kristo and Thrower just to make sure he didn't wake up before the ink dried...lol.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:54 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Evander Kane would cost a LOT more than a 1st and 2nd from the 2013 draft. We wouldn't take that offer for Pacioretty, why would Winnipeg do it for Kane? To get Kane we would have to offer painful pieces to lose (think of a deal involving players like Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, etc...). At best we would be making a lateral move, at worst...

It would be far better for us to wait until Getzlaff and Perry are free agents and try to get one of them for our retool.

Of course, if the Winnipeg GM DID lose his mind and ask for our 1st and 2nd in 2013 for Kane, I would throw in Kristo and Thrower just to make sure he didn't wake up before the ink dried...lol.
Bergevin and Cheveldayoff worked together in Chicago,so it's not a stretch for them to come to some kind of trade that's good for both parties.Trading away the Habs 1st and a 2nd pick for 2013 without knowing his draft position isn't a move Bergevin is going to approve though.As you say signing Perry would be a great move when he becomes a UFA next summer.The problem could be the salary cap in that move and until the Agreement is reached GM's won't be signing any huge deals or any deals for that matter so trades are definitely on hold for now.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Habitant le colon

Subban to Philly AGAIN (is that the new Lecavalier to MTL?)

https://twitter.com/HabsCoachK/statu...76826069110784

Old
10-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Montreal can ask for anything they want, it doesn't mean they are going to get it. Nashville asked for Couturier and Schenn and Philly offer sheeted Weber anyways.

Old
10-30-2012, 12:38 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Trade talks during the lockout, doubtful. If that's past tense as in last summer then it's old news.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
DAChampion

Couturier and two 1st rounders for Subban?

I'd do that trade.

The addition of Couturier would also facilitate trading Plekanec, getting even more youthful value.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Montreal can ask for anything they want, it doesn't mean they are going to get it. Nashville asked for Couturier and Schenn and Philly offer sheeted Weber anyways.
I thought you were wrong, but actually you're right upon analyzing the numbers.

From Philly's perspective,
Couturier+Schenn >> four 1st rounders
Since Couturier is the better player (i.e. Couturier > Schenn, the only potentially controversial claim in this proof), we have that:
Couturier >> two 1st rounders

From which it follows that:
Couturier+two 1st rounders >> four 1st rounders

Therefore Philly probably wouldn't make the trade.

QED

Old
11-03-2012, 07:37 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I thought you were wrong, but actually you're right upon analyzing the numbers.

From Philly's perspective,
Couturier+Schenn >> four 1st rounders
Since Couturier is the better player (i.e. Couturier > Schenn, the only potentially controversial claim in this proof), we have that:
Couturier >> two 1st rounders

From which it follows that:
Couturier+two 1st rounders >> four 1st rounders

Therefore Philly probably wouldn't make the trade.

QED
Except that most NHL GMs would not know a Proof if it smacked them in the face. Hence the bad trades we see year after year.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Except that most NHL GMs would not know a Proof if it smacked them in the face. Hence the bad trades we see year after year.
I don't think Paul Holmgren will work out in the nerdy way that I did, but he is one of the great GMs of our time. He's a sharp man. He did the Pronger trade which thus far has been mixed but was a brave gamble, he did the Carter and Richards trades, and he showed a lot of balls, smart balls, in going after Shea Weber the way he did.

A lot of teams that wheel and deal end up like Brian Burke's Toronto. Philadelphia, however, is one of the powerhouses of the eastern conference.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:30 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I don't think Paul Holmgren will work out in the nerdy way that I did, but he is one of the great GMs of our time. He's a sharp man. He did the Pronger trade which thus far has been mixed but was a brave gamble, he did the Carter and Richards trades, and he showed a lot of balls, smart balls, in going after Shea Weber the way he did.

A lot of teams that wheel and deal end up like Brian Burke's Toronto. Philadelphia, however, is one of the powerhouses of the eastern conference.
I like Holmgren too. He was not who I was thinking of. Was simply stating that based on abundant evidence, many NHL GMs couldn't pass an Intro to Logic course...

Old
11-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Freaky Styley

Avs - Habs

Avs fan coming in peace. Just wondering what Habs fans thought of this proposal, as if Colorado ever did end up trading Stastny this is the type of return I'd want/expect.

To Habs:
Paul Stastny
Defensive dman (choice of Zanon, O'Brien, Wilson)

To Avs:
Lars Eller
Josh Gorges
Offensive prospect/pick (Bournival?) - a winger might be best, but I'm not too familiar with your wing prospects outside of Leblanc and Palushaj

Any constructive criticism would be helpful, especially on the prospect end and concerning your team needs

Old
11-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Value is fair, but I don't think the Habs do it. We already have a problem looming with too many offensive centers once Galchenyuk is ready.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
habsfan92

Stastny has lost it a bit, Eller hasn't quite hit his ceiling, and Gorges is a solid and well liked top 4 (in Mtl anyways). If you replaced Stastny with Duchesne, I would contemplate it.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Dirty Danglez
Groupthink

The value seems quite fair. I'd most likely do it for Wilson and stastny. The one problem I think people would have is that it'd be a waste to have pleks or stastny on the 3rd line, and DD isn't responsible enough defensively to hold that position. someone being paid too high a salary would be thrown on the 3rd line.

Old
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Value is fair, but I don't think the Habs do it. We already have a problem looming with too many offensive centers once Galchenyuk is ready.
I don't really see how that is a problem, as you can always trade one away when he is ready. Plus, with what Stas brings to the table defensively, he is much more an all around C that can also put up points.

Old
charlie

vCash: 358
I would be hesitant to include Eller in any trade as of yet.
Its too early. I like his game too much and he has a decent ceiling with a supporting
cast.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
Stastny has lost it a bit, Eller hasn't quite hit his ceiling, and Gorges is a solid and well liked top 4 (in Mtl anyways). If you replaced Stastny with Duchesne, I would contemplate it.
Duchene is a monster you would simply contemplate it?

Old
11-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Dirty Danglez
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I would be hesitant to include Eller in any trade as of yet.
Its too early. I like his game too much and he has a decent ceiling with a supporting
cast.
Stastny's a better player than eller will ever be (offensively and defensively)... Not a knock on eller since Stasty is a pretty elite top 6 centerman. The trade off here for the avs is that they get a better defenseman in return for giving up a better centerman.

They have an influx of physical dmen as well (like a wilson) available. I'd probably do the trade. Unfortunately Pleks or stastny would be stuck as a 3rd line centerman with very average wingers.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Bournival was a Colorado pick and he's not very offensive if you mean top 6.

For top 6 guys there's Kristo, Gallagher, Collberg, Holland, Hudon, Bozon, and Quailer with a slight possibility. Quailer is the biggest of them all at 6'4, but he's a fringe top 6 winger at best.

Stastny is a good player and all. Value isn't face palm worthy. Fantasy wise, I'd probably do it.

Realistically, I'd have to kindly pass.

However, your defensive dman are a want for the habs. We have a bunch of soft puck movers.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Duchene is a monster you would simply contemplate it?
This,

The value is fair, but the Habs have too many offensive centers.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

Eh, it's not bad but we'd have:

Desharnais
Plekanec
Stastny

Not even counting Gomez.

I guess it depends on what we'd get if we moved Plekanec or Desharnais because as is, Gorges is a big piece to lose. I can deal with losing Eller for a guy like Stastny but the depth doesn't make much sense as they are all undersized guys and with gally being ready sooner than later it's a weird mix.

I would certainly do Stastny for Eller+ but that Gorges piece is tough. I feel it's just better to stay the course instead but its not a bad deal. I'd just have to say no. If it were Duchene we'd have a better discussion about it.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Dirty Danglez
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Eh, it's not bad but we'd have:

Desharnais
Plekanec
Stastny

Not even counting Gomez.

I guess it depends on what we'd get if we moved Plekanec or Desharnais because as is, Gorges is a big piece to lose. I can deal with losing Eller for a guy like Stastny but the depth doesn't make much sense as they are all undersized guys and with gally being ready sooner than later it's a weird mix.

I would certainly do Stastny for Eller+ but that Gorges piece is tough. I feel it's just better to stay the course instead but its not a bad deal. I'd just have to say no. If it were Duchene we'd have a better discussion about it.
there wouldn't be much of a discussion... lol

Closed Thread