HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A year from now...

Old
10-29-2012, 12:16 AM
MaxLacoste

vCash: 500
My 13-14 Habs team.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Drouin -Galchenyuk - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Prust - White - Armstrong

Subban - Markov
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Diaz

Price

I trade Plekanek for a 2013 1st round pick. With that pick and every other pick Montreal have, I do everything to get Jonathan Drouin. Then I make him start the season in Montreal. I bought out Gomez, Kaberle if I can't trade them.

MaxLacoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:28 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Gomez wont be bought out. Thats too expensive, if anything hell be burried in the minors

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Gomez wont be bought out. Thats too expensive, if anything hell be burried in the minors
We don't know what will happen, it depends on the new CBA. Everything can change.
There were talks of a player's cap hit still counting if he's sent down.
Buyout rules may change as well, but if they don't, it's only one year to buyout.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:35 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We don't know what will happen, it depends on the new CBA. Everything can change.
There were talks of a player's cap hit still counting if he's sent down.
Buyout rules may change as well, but if they don't, it's only one year to buyout.
True i keep forgetting that were already going to lose a year off his contract... My bad

Old
10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
My 13-14 Habs team.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Drouin -Galchenyuk - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Prust - White - Armstrong

Subban - Markov
Gorges - Beaulieu
Emelin - Diaz

Price

I trade Plekanek for a 2013 1st round pick. With that pick and every other pick Montreal have, I do everything to get Jonathan Drouin. Then I make him start the season in Montreal. I bought out Gomez, Kaberle if I can't trade them.
That's New York Islanders'esque.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRealist View Post
Dumont has a ways to go hit his ceiling which is average AHler. He has no NHL potential.

Galchenyuk next year sounds right.

Beaulieu no way next year I think. He has got a long way to go. He is an offensive defenceman with no points so far. Real soft in his own zone.

Give all the newbies 2 years in the AHL, be patient, and know some wont improve alot and wont pan out.

I think Holland may get a shot before Leblanc, if the shot comes in 30-40 games.
Agreed on Dumont but Beaulieu isn't soft and if Leblanc is healthy he is well ahead of Holland.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:01 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Too expensive? What? What's more expensive full last year of salary or 2/3 of it?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:40 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Too expensive? What? What's more expensive full last year of salary or 2/3 of it?
Whats more expensive full year salary, 2/3, or nothing?

Old
10-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Jerky

We need a 2nd line LW. Keep Bourque on the 3rd line. I don't think that Leblanc is the answer.

Stalberg is a UFA next year, could be a good fit, if the price is right. Considering that Saad will probably take his spot, I doubt he returns to Chicago.

Or we could trade Desharnais to Phoenix for Korpikoski who has offensive upside and is a great 2 way player.

Or we can go for gold and try to pry Boedker from them. They need a playmaking center as their current 3 are Hanzal, Vermette and Gordon.

Desharnais + one of our 2nds next year. Maybe two 2nds? Would that be enough? Boedker is severely underrated and would be deadly in Montreal's high flying system. I don't see him living up to his potential in Phoenix's D first trapping system. He can join his countryman on the 2nd line.

Patch - Plek - Cole
Boedker - Eller - Gionta
Bourque - Gally - Armstrong
Moen - White - Prust

Jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:32 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Whats more expensive full year salary, 2/3, or nothing?
You are completely confused. If Gomez plays in the minor for the 2013-2014 season it still costs the Montreal Canadiens 4.5 million. If you are talking about the cap there isn't one right now, so there's no discussion to do until the new CBA is signed.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Andy

Out of Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller, I would move Desharnais first. Too one dimensional for my liking. I would try him on the wing before I would move him though. I definitely wouldn't move Plekanec over him. I think every team needs a centre like Eller eating tough minutes on the third line while being able to chip. Also the size factor down the middle affects my decision.

On defense, if Beaulieu continues to keep up the defensive aspect of his game he's shown so far in the Ahl, I don't think it would be out of the question if he's on the team full time by mid next year.

Bournival or Holland could surprise as well.

I'd also clean out the bottom pairing d-men, we have to many: Diaz, Weber, Kaberle, St. Denis and Yemelin. I'd keep Emelin, Diaz and St.Denis out of the 5.

Bourque at 3.5 million isn't an immediate problem. There can still be room for him on the third line with Eller.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:01 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Here's mine...

I present to you your 2013-2014 Montreal Canadiens:

Erik Cole - David Desharnais - Max Pacioretty
Bozon -Alex Galchenyuk - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Lars Eller - Louis Leblanc
Brandon Prust - Ryan White - Bourque

Josh Gorges - PK Subban
Andrei Markov - Alexei Emelin
Tomas Kaberle - Raphael Diaz
Frédéric St-Denis

Carey Price
Mathieu Garon
Hmm...I doubt he is going to be NHL regular ready by that time.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Out of Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller, I would move Desharnais first. Too one dimensional for my liking. I would try him on the wing before I would move him though. I definitely wouldn't move Plekanec over him. I think every team needs a centre like Eller eating tough minutes on the third line while being able to chip. Also the size factor down the middle affects my decision.

On defense, if Beaulieu continues to keep up the defensive aspect of his game he's shown so far in the Ahl, I don't think it would be out of the question if he's on the team full time by mid next year.

Bournival or Holland could surprise as well.

I'd also clean out the bottom pairing d-men, we have to many: Diaz, Weber, Kaberle, St. Denis and Yemelin. I'd keep Emelin, Diaz and St.Denis out of the 5.

Bourque at 3.5 million isn't an immediate problem. There can still be room for him on the third line with Eller.
Personnally, Plekanec is the 1st player that leaves. That's based on age, ccurrent team philosophy, offensive potential and maximum trade value. I think we could get a SOLID winger prospect for him, like Teravainen..

I like Geoffrion-Plekanec-Gionta as a 2nd line, but I also think that Geoffrion is more driven and could do the needed job to compliment the other 2, mainly siting in front of the net, looking for the rebounds and work hard in the corners. That's unless Galchenyuk is ready, but good god putting him on the wing would be a waste.

I think Bournival is going to be a KILLER 3rd line left wing one day. He's way better with the puck than I though and his 2-way game is unreal. We'll see if we resign Armstron or put Leblanc as 3rd line RW. Geoffrion or Bourque could also play 3rd line LW.

I don't think it's actually going to happen, but man I hope Therrien tries a line with Moen, Prust and White all together. Just imagine the crazyness from these 3 wackos together, pure awesomeness lol.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:51 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRealist View Post
Dumont has a ways to go hit his ceiling which is average AHler. He has no NHL potential.

Galchenyuk next year sounds right.

Beaulieu no way next year I think. He has got a long way to go. He is an offensive defenceman with no points so far. Real soft in his own zone.

Give all the newbies 2 years in the AHL, be patient, and know some wont improve alot and wont pan out.

I think Holland may get a shot before Leblanc, if the shot comes in 30-40 games.
Leblanc is ahead of Holland. Leblanc's hockey sense is much better along with his defensive game which is also better. You can argue their offensive play but for me Leblanc is at least a year ahead of Holland in every area. If anything, Gallagher could get in before Holland because of his tenacity and ability to play up and down the line up.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:57 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Personnally, Plekanec is the 1st player that leaves. That's based on age, ccurrent team philosophy, offensive potential and maximum trade value. I think we could get a SOLID winger prospect for him, like Teravainen..

I like Geoffrion-Plekanec-Gionta as a 2nd line, but I also think that Geoffrion is more driven and could do the needed job to compliment the other 2, mainly siting in front of the net, looking for the rebounds and work hard in the corners. That's unless Galchenyuk is ready, but good god putting him on the wing would be a waste.

I think Bournival is going to be a KILLER 3rd line left wing one day. He's way better with the puck than I though and his 2-way game is unreal. We'll see if we resign Armstron or put Leblanc as 3rd line RW. Geoffrion or Bourque could also play 3rd line LW.

I don't think it's actually going to happen, but man I hope Therrien tries a line with Moen, Prust and White all together. Just imagine the crazyness from these 3 wackos together, pure awesomeness lol.

I don't think Geoffrion can be a regular second liner in the NHL. He would have to pick it up a notch. I see him as a bigger version of Palushaj, and a similar player to Pacthes but with out the offensive ablities.

Bournival at his highest can be a 2nd line centerman. i can see Moen - Bournival - Leblanc 3rd line in the next yr or so. Again Eller is gonna have to play amazing at center or the can move him to the wing with Pleks and Gio as a second line. Prust - White - Armstrong etc 4th line. Guys like Geoffrion/Palushaj/Gallagher/Holland are going to hav to fight hard to play op six mins in the next yr or so.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:02 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Gionta - Galchenyuk/Desharnais - Pacioretty
Cole - Plekanec - Bourque/Gallagher/
Leblanc - Eller - Bournival
Prust - White - Moen
Geoffrion/Palushaj/Holland/Quailer(if he gets good, man o man he would be a beast)

Old
10-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

That is a terrible second line. I coudln't disagree more. Geoffrion should not be anywhere close to a second line right now. If he is, it speaks volumes of how pathetic this teams offense will be. This a page right of Randy Cunneyworth's "waste Plekanec's offensive game" book. That is just completely ridiculous. Putting Geoffrion on Plekanec's wing is a much bigger waste that putting Galchenyuk on the wing until space is made at centre for Galchenyuk. Despite Plekanec being older I'd still move Desharnais. He's one dimensional and I don't think a team can win it all with such a player as one's go to centre. I'd move him to make room for Galchenyuk in the long run. I'd like to see Gionta play in a reduced offensive role with Eller where Gionta is counted on as much to be a go to point producer. He's still an excellent to way player. This team should really focus on upgrading Plekanec's wingers.

I'd also like to see an upgrade on White. He'll do for now, but we can really do better than him. His skating really limits his effectiveness as a player. He's decent for now, but we shouldn't settle with him. If we lack depth next year, then I don't mind seeing Moen playing on a 3rd line. If the depth is there, Moen and Prust should be on the fourth line, eating up whatever minutes they get responsibly.

Unless Armstrong returns to form, I don't expect him to be here in the long-term.

Ideally by the end of next season I'd to see something like

Pacioretty Plekanec *Upgrade on Wing*
Bourque Galchenyuk Cole
Leblanc Eller Gionta
Moen *Upgrade at Centre* Prust

Would like to see Bournival and Holland spend as much time as needed in the minors. For the record I do think I'm asking for too much and in the end, it doesn't seem like that strong a lineup.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Habitant le colon

Well Sandy came by and say let's wash up our team

Gionta Couturier Cole
Pacioretty Desharnais Galchenyuk
Armstrong Burish Bourque
Prust White Moen
Gomez Nokelainen

Markov Mezaros
Emelin Boyle
Bouillon Gorges
St-Denis Diaz

https://twitter.com/HabsCoachK/statu...76826069110784

P.K. Subban , Lars Eller, Yannick Weber MTL 1st 2013
vs
Sean Couturier Andrej Meszaros PHI 1st 2013

Plekanec Kaberle Palushaj PHI 1st 2013
vs
Dan Boyle Adam Burish Sean Kuraly

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Well Sandy came by and say let's wash up our team

https://twitter.com/HabsCoachK/statu...76826069110784

P.K. Subban , Lars Eller, Yannick Weber MTL 1st 2013
vs
Sean Couturier Andrej Meszaros PHI 1st 2013

Plekanec Kaberle Palushaj PHI 1st 2013
vs
Dan Boyle Adam Burish Sean Kuraly

Ugh, big pass from me. I'd rather let Philly offer sheet us and trade Plekanec for other players.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Ugh, big pass from me. I'd rather let Philly offer sheet us and trade Plekanec for other players.
Agreed what a pair of awful awful trades.....

The first trade is the worst for sure but the second is pretty terrible as well.

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:08 PM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

I wonder if Mac Bennett could crack the team sometime in 2013-2014 season at 22 or 23.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:24 PM
AmeriHab

I hate to say it, but this post and the recent extended cancellation of games is making me think tank and continue to clear out players just like molson did to management once/if they agree and tank. So a year from now our line up could look very different and a rebuild now would be short, and very short misery and last only this season an we can be ready for the draft with tons of picks and have cap space for FA (getzlaf or Perry??)

Trade Pleks, Markov (if he shows he's healthy in Europe) Kaberle, and even DD.

Already know many will hate everything about this post and I'm against tanking on a normal year, but with this lockout, it maybe the best thing.

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Roulin

Cole is 4 years older than Plekanec. If I'm rebuilding, looking to sell high, I'm moving the 34 year old and keeping the turtleneck.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Habruti!

Lets play the trade game then...

We buy out Gomez

We shuffle things arround to minimize the pressure on Gallchenyuk.
We trade for another large winger (Collberg, Bourque, 2nd) for Bobby Ryan

Ryan Plekanek Gionta
Pacs Desharnais Leblancs
Gallchenyuk Eller Cole
Moen White Prust

Emelin Suban
Kaberle Gorges
Markov Diaz with Beaulieu replacing Markov once he is injurred

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:29 PM
AmeriHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Cole is 4 years older than Plekanec. If I'm rebuilding, looking to sell high, I'm moving the 34 year old and keeping the turtleneck.
Your right I should have him on the list, although Pleks is by far better trade bait which is why his name is always tossed around

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote