HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Thread - Waiting on the World to Change (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2012, 05:41 PM
  #226
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,406
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Hi Nucks fans,

How credible is Botchford? Interesting report here...

http://theleafsnation.com/2012/10/29...me-trade-value
Yeah, I guess I could settle with Bozak being the only on-ice addition while Rielly plays in the minors for us.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 05:44 PM
  #227
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Hi Nucks fans,

How credible is Botchford? Interesting report here...

http://theleafsnation.com/2012/10/29...me-trade-value
It's funny that he keeps coming to the conclusion that Bozak is weighing down the entire team. The only players on the team that preform well in terms of Corsi are the ones playing with Grabovski, so is Bozak weighing the whole team down or is Grabovksi propping whoever he plays with up?

I don't know why the Canucks having some interest in Bozak means that he has to be a main part of the deal.

Scurr is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
  #228
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,394
vCash: 500
Not sure why Cam Charron jumps to the conclusion Bozak has a lot of value? It's not like teams are discussing a Bozak for Luongo swap - he's likely a throw-in roster player...

Is Dominic Moore still a UFA? Would he provide the same impact as Bozak from the 3rd line?

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:06 PM
  #229
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
In the last article Botch published on Luongo, he also went on to say that its going to take more than just Bozak. If there's a trade with Toronto, he's only one part of the package.

Wisp is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:07 PM
  #230
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
It's funny that he keeps coming to the conclusion that Bozak is weighing down the entire team. The only players on the team that preform well in terms of Corsi are the ones playing with Grabovski, so is Bozak weighing the whole team down or is Grabovksi propping whoever he plays with up?

I don't know why the Canucks having some interest in Bozak means that he has to be a main part of the deal.
What's funny is that when a reporter says Bozak has suspect defensive abilities people accept it, yet when I brought this up last week people argued with me.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:08 PM
  #231
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
I think Cam for analysis but he has tunnel vision sometimes.

Wisp is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
  #232
Jay Cee
P4G
 
Jay Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,823
vCash: 500
I think I said it before in one of these threads.

But, big no thanks to Bozak. If that's the hammer in a Luongo deal, I'm gonna puke.

Jay Cee is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:17 PM
  #233
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
What's funny is that when a reporter says Bozak has suspect defensive abilities people accept it, yet when I brought this up last week people argued with me.
I don't agree with either of you, if that's who you're talking about. The entire team outside of Grabovski and whoever he played with had minus corsi ratings. Cam comes to the conclusion Connolly is a poor Corsi player too, he was a 9+ Corsi on the year before, what happened? Phanuef posted the worst corsi on of his career as Leaf, what changed for him?


Last edited by Scurr: 10-29-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Scurr is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:20 PM
  #234
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I disagree. If he had given Gillis the option I think he would have at least explored a Schneider trade, no? IMO it's been pretty clear that he wants out.
How do you know he hasn't explored Schneider trades? And how do you know Gillis didn't ask Luongo to waive his NTC?

opendoor is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:24 PM
  #235
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
How do you know he hasn't explored Schneider trades? And how do you know Gillis didn't ask Luongo to waive his NTC?
I don't know, that's why I said IMO. Do you know something I don't?

Scurr is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
  #236
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
It's quite evident the Canucks don't want Roberto Luongo much longer, can we agree?

I'll say the Canucks want him gone, and Roberto has a little power with his NTC...we'll see how it plays out.


I don't think it's about wanting him gone so much as wanting to start Schneider more. If there wasn't a stigma about carrying two starters, and there wasn't a cap, I'm sure they could have made the situation work -- But we know that's not the case.


Basically, they both know he has to move on at some point. Wanting to be rid of him implies that they no longer value the person/player, and I don't think that's the case here.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:58 PM
  #237
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Not sure why Cam Charron jumps to the conclusion Bozak has a lot of value? It's not like teams are discussing a Bozak for Luongo swap - he's likely a throw-in roster player...

Is Dominic Moore still a UFA? Would he provide the same impact as Bozak from the 3rd line?
Hes a good comparison as a 3rd liner, but Bozak has the ability to play top 6 and contribute if need be. Moore never displayed nearly that ability while with the Leafs.

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 07:02 PM
  #238
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,727
vCash: 1785
Are the Bozak rumours stemming from the supposed asking price of Gardiner + Bozak + Frattin + 1st?

If so wouldn't Bozak have the least value of the package?

kthsn is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:11 PM
  #239
cooker24
Registered User
 
cooker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
I'll continue to stick with my "prediction" of the following...

Bozak, Kadri, and a draft pick for Luongo.

cooker24 is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
  #240
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Are the Bozak rumours stemming from the supposed asking price of Gardiner + Bozak + Frattin + 1st?

If so wouldn't Bozak have the least value of the package?


It would appear so. In that package he is clearly the "throw in", as the other pieces should be valued more.


I'm curious is Bozak and Kadri are valued the same within the Leafs organization. If they are, I would much rather roll the dice on Kadri than take on Bozak.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
  #241
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker24 View Post
I'll continue to stick with my "prediction" of the following...

Bozak, Kadri, and a draft pick for Luongo.
I would call for Gillis to be fired if that were the case.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:04 PM
  #242
MAGICMAN1963
Registered User
 
MAGICMAN1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RED DEER ALBERTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would call for Gillis to be fired if that were the case.
i think i would too.I think we could get somthing better from any other team,then Toronto.I really dont want Luongo to go,but if it happens,please not to TO

MAGICMAN1963 is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:18 PM
  #243
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I'm curious is Bozak and Kadri are valued the same within the Leafs organization.
I'd be really surprised if that was the case. The Leafs have some decent prospects imo, but not enough to trade 3 or 4 of them. We're going to have to take a roster player to make a deal with them imo.

These trades are usually roster player, prospect, pick because nobody wants to deplete their team too much in any one area.

What do you guys think of Washington as that "mystery team"? Holtby looks good, but they've been thinking that about their goaltending for a while. I also think McPhee is probably on the hot seat as much as Burke is, or at least he should be.

Scurr is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
  #244
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would call for Gillis to be fired if that were the case.
Without reading your previous comments, what would you trade for Luongo?

Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
  #245
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Without reading your previous comments, what would you trade for Luongo?
Would be looking for an A prospect (someone in the Bjugstad range), an A-/B+ prospect (someone like Petrovic) and a 1st round pick. OR an upgrade to our top 6 forwards (someone like a Joffrey Lupul) a B+ prospect (someone like Carter Ashton) and a 1st round pick.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:31 PM
  #246
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Would be looking for an A prospect (someone in the Bjugstad range), an A-/B+ prospect (someone like Petrovic) and a 1st round pick. OR an upgrade to our top 6 forwards (someone like a Joffrey Lupul) a B+ prospect (someone like Carter Ashton) and a 1st round pick.
Nobody is going to give that up imo. If I'm right, how should Gillis handle that? How many years can we roll with 9.3m in the pipes? You like Lu, you really want to see him on the bench for the next 3 years?

Scurr is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:33 PM
  #247
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Nobody is going to give that up imo. If I'm right, how should Gillis handle that? How many years can we roll with 9.3m in the pipes? You like Lu, you really want to see him on the bench for the next 3 years?
I would roll them both. Some team will get desperate at some point and meet the price or get very very close to it at least. Luongo is too good of a goalie to just dump.

y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
  #248
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would roll them both. Some team will get desperate at some point and meet the price or get very very close to it at least. Luongo is too good of a goalie to just dump.
Everything short of what you suggested is not a dump. How many years do we wait for someone to get desperate? Is Luongo more or less attractive next offseason when he's a year older? How long is he going to be happy with that?

Scurr is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:41 PM
  #249
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Article: Ben Scrivens Struggling: Should Brian Burke Be Worried?

Obviously pretty early on in the season, but 3 assists for Kadri? He's a 3rd yr guy with only 3 assists? Wonder how much of an upgrade he'd be over Schroeder.

I really hope Florida didn't drop out of the running. Toronto has some ok roster players, but their prospects aren't so great in terms of making an impact soon on Vans roster.

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:43 PM
  #250
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Article: Ben Scrivens Struggling: Should Brian Burke Be Worried?

Obviously pretty early on in the season, but 3 assists for Kadri? He's a 3rd yr guy with only 3 assists? Wonder how much of an upgrade he'd be over Schroeder.

I really hope Florida didn't drop out of the running. Toronto has some ok roster players, but their prospects aren't so great in terms of making an impact soon on Vans roster.
Kadri would be horrible as a main piece coming to us. I really am not thrilled with the prospects Toronto has to offer.

Jacob Markstrom hasn't looked good at all for Florida's farm team. Perhaps Luongo might intrigue them and he could serve as a mentor in a couple years?

y2kcanucks is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.