HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Thread - Waiting on the World to Change (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Hi Nucks fans,

How credible is Botchford? Interesting report here...

http://theleafsnation.com/2012/10/29...me-trade-value
Yeah, I guess I could settle with Bozak being the only on-ice addition while Rielly plays in the minors for us.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Hi Nucks fans,

How credible is Botchford? Interesting report here...

http://theleafsnation.com/2012/10/29...me-trade-value
It's funny that he keeps coming to the conclusion that Bozak is weighing down the entire team. The only players on the team that preform well in terms of Corsi are the ones playing with Grabovski, so is Bozak weighing the whole team down or is Grabovksi propping whoever he plays with up?

I don't know why the Canucks having some interest in Bozak means that he has to be a main part of the deal.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Not sure why Cam Charron jumps to the conclusion Bozak has a lot of value? It's not like teams are discussing a Bozak for Luongo swap - he's likely a throw-in roster player...

Is Dominic Moore still a UFA? Would he provide the same impact as Bozak from the 3rd line?

Old
10-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Wisp

In the last article Botch published on Luongo, he also went on to say that its going to take more than just Bozak. If there's a trade with Toronto, he's only one part of the package.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:07 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
It's funny that he keeps coming to the conclusion that Bozak is weighing down the entire team. The only players on the team that preform well in terms of Corsi are the ones playing with Grabovski, so is Bozak weighing the whole team down or is Grabovksi propping whoever he plays with up?

I don't know why the Canucks having some interest in Bozak means that he has to be a main part of the deal.
What's funny is that when a reporter says Bozak has suspect defensive abilities people accept it, yet when I brought this up last week people argued with me.

10-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Wisp

I think Cam for analysis but he has tunnel vision sometimes.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

I think I said it before in one of these threads.

But, big no thanks to Bozak. If that's the hammer in a Luongo deal, I'm gonna puke.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
What's funny is that when a reporter says Bozak has suspect defensive abilities people accept it, yet when I brought this up last week people argued with me.
I don't agree with either of you, if that's who you're talking about. The entire team outside of Grabovski and whoever he played with had minus corsi ratings. Cam comes to the conclusion Connolly is a poor Corsi player too, he was a 9+ Corsi on the year before, what happened? Phanuef posted the worst corsi on of his career as Leaf, what changed for him?

Last edited by Scurr: 10-29-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old
10-29-2012, 06:20 PM
opendoor

Quote:
I disagree. If he had given Gillis the option I think he would have at least explored a Schneider trade, no? IMO it's been pretty clear that he wants out.
How do you know he hasn't explored Schneider trades? And how do you know Gillis didn't ask Luongo to waive his NTC?

Old
10-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
How do you know he hasn't explored Schneider trades? And how do you know Gillis didn't ask Luongo to waive his NTC?
I don't know, that's why I said IMO. Do you know something I don't?

Old
10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
It's quite evident the Canucks don't want Roberto Luongo much longer, can we agree?

I'll say the Canucks want him gone, and Roberto has a little power with his NTC...we'll see how it plays out.

I don't think it's about wanting him gone so much as wanting to start Schneider more. If there wasn't a stigma about carrying two starters, and there wasn't a cap, I'm sure they could have made the situation work -- But we know that's not the case.

Basically, they both know he has to move on at some point. Wanting to be rid of him implies that they no longer value the person/player, and I don't think that's the case here.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:58 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Not sure why Cam Charron jumps to the conclusion Bozak has a lot of value? It's not like teams are discussing a Bozak for Luongo swap - he's likely a throw-in roster player...

Is Dominic Moore still a UFA? Would he provide the same impact as Bozak from the 3rd line?
Hes a good comparison as a 3rd liner, but Bozak has the ability to play top 6 and contribute if need be. Moore never displayed nearly that ability while with the Leafs.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:02 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Are the Bozak rumours stemming from the supposed asking price of Gardiner + Bozak + Frattin + 1st?

If so wouldn't Bozak have the least value of the package?

Old
10-29-2012, 08:11 PM
cooker24

I'll continue to stick with my "prediction" of the following...

Bozak, Kadri, and a draft pick for Luongo.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Are the Bozak rumours stemming from the supposed asking price of Gardiner + Bozak + Frattin + 1st?

If so wouldn't Bozak have the least value of the package?

It would appear so. In that package he is clearly the "throw in", as the other pieces should be valued more.

I'm curious is Bozak and Kadri are valued the same within the Leafs organization. If they are, I would much rather roll the dice on Kadri than take on Bozak.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker24 View Post
I'll continue to stick with my "prediction" of the following...

Bozak, Kadri, and a draft pick for Luongo.
I would call for Gillis to be fired if that were the case.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:04 PM
MAGICMAN1963

Quote:
i think i would too.I think we could get somthing better from any other team,then Toronto.I really dont want Luongo to go,but if it happens,please not to TO

Old
10-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I'm curious is Bozak and Kadri are valued the same within the Leafs organization.
I'd be really surprised if that was the case. The Leafs have some decent prospects imo, but not enough to trade 3 or 4 of them. We're going to have to take a roster player to make a deal with them imo.

These trades are usually roster player, prospect, pick because nobody wants to deplete their team too much in any one area.

What do you guys think of Washington as that "mystery team"? Holtby looks good, but they've been thinking that about their goaltending for a while. I also think McPhee is probably on the hot seat as much as Burke is, or at least he should be.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Without reading your previous comments, what would you trade for Luongo?

Old
10-29-2012, 10:27 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Without reading your previous comments, what would you trade for Luongo?
Would be looking for an A prospect (someone in the Bjugstad range), an A-/B+ prospect (someone like Petrovic) and a 1st round pick. OR an upgrade to our top 6 forwards (someone like a Joffrey Lupul) a B+ prospect (someone like Carter Ashton) and a 1st round pick.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Would be looking for an A prospect (someone in the Bjugstad range), an A-/B+ prospect (someone like Petrovic) and a 1st round pick. OR an upgrade to our top 6 forwards (someone like a Joffrey Lupul) a B+ prospect (someone like Carter Ashton) and a 1st round pick.
Nobody is going to give that up imo. If I'm right, how should Gillis handle that? How many years can we roll with 9.3m in the pipes? You like Lu, you really want to see him on the bench for the next 3 years?

Old
10-29-2012, 10:33 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Nobody is going to give that up imo. If I'm right, how should Gillis handle that? How many years can we roll with 9.3m in the pipes? You like Lu, you really want to see him on the bench for the next 3 years?
I would roll them both. Some team will get desperate at some point and meet the price or get very very close to it at least. Luongo is too good of a goalie to just dump.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Scurr

Quote:
I would roll them both. Some team will get desperate at some point and meet the price or get very very close to it at least. Luongo is too good of a goalie to just dump.
Everything short of what you suggested is not a dump. How many years do we wait for someone to get desperate? Is Luongo more or less attractive next offseason when he's a year older? How long is he going to be happy with that?

Old
10-29-2012, 10:41 PM
SunshineRays

Article: Ben Scrivens Struggling: Should Brian Burke Be Worried?

Obviously pretty early on in the season, but 3 assists for Kadri? He's a 3rd yr guy with only 3 assists? Wonder how much of an upgrade he'd be over Schroeder.

I really hope Florida didn't drop out of the running. Toronto has some ok roster players, but their prospects aren't so great in terms of making an impact soon on Vans roster.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:43 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Article: Ben Scrivens Struggling: Should Brian Burke Be Worried?

Obviously pretty early on in the season, but 3 assists for Kadri? He's a 3rd yr guy with only 3 assists? Wonder how much of an upgrade he'd be over Schroeder.

I really hope Florida didn't drop out of the running. Toronto has some ok roster players, but their prospects aren't so great in terms of making an impact soon on Vans roster.
Kadri would be horrible as a main piece coming to us. I really am not thrilled with the prospects Toronto has to offer.

Jacob Markstrom hasn't looked good at all for Florida's farm team. Perhaps Luongo might intrigue them and he could serve as a mentor in a couple years?

Closed Thread