HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would be looking for something like this:

Luongo, Schroeder

for

Bjugstad, Petrovic, 1st round pick
Yeah, we know. You're easily the most ambitious of us in regards to the Lu return. That deserves both praise and criticism, so allow me to extend to you and

Old
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:

Luongo, Schroeder

for

Dale Tallon has made it clear he won't trade Involve Bjugstad alone for Luongo and your expecting not only Petrovic with him but a first rounder too? That's just ludicrous homerism. Your trying to take two of the five prospects that make our future look so bright for a middle aged goalie and there's zero chance that'll ever happen. You are aware Keanan has been gone for awhile right?

Old
10-29-2012, 08:34 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
Dale Tallon has made it clear he won't trade Involve Bjugstad alone for Luongo and your expecting not only Petrovic with him but a first rounder too? That's just ludicrous homerism. Your trying to take two of the five prospects that make our future look so bright for a middle aged goalie and there's zero chance that'll ever happen. You are aware Keanan has been gone for awhile right?
You also get a very good prospect in Jordan Schroeder in return as well.

Fair enough though. Jacob Markstrom appears to be struggling a lot this year, coming off of 2 knee surgeries in the past year as well. I wonder if Tallon's position will change.

10-29-2012, 08:37 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
What about

Edmonton
Roberto Luongo
Jordan Schroeder
1st Round Pick (conditional on # of gp for Hemsky)

Vancouver
Ales Hemsky
Sam Gagner
1st Round (top 10 protected)
Actually a pretty decent deal

Only problem that could arise is that Oilers have no 2 line center behind RNH. Unless Hall can fill that role.

Also Im not to familar with schroeder, is he more defensively minded? Could he play 2 line center in 2013/2014 with Yakupov and MPS on his wing and provide some offense?

Old
10-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post

Only problem that could arise is that Oilers have no 2 line center behind RNH. Unless Hall can fill that role.

Also Im not to familar with schroeder, is he more defensively minded?
He has top-6 potential, but hes really rounded out his defensive game last season and this season.

Offensively he hasnt exactly torn up the AHL but most people think its more circumstancial than his ability.

Lots of people pencilled him in at 3C for Vancouver this season.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
I can't see Edmonton taking on Luongo's contract without moving Dubnyk, and given that they've just signed him to a three year, 3.5m deal, makes it much less likely.

If he was 5 years younger, maybe. He's 33 this year, and will likely be 36-37 by the time that Edmonton becomes a real contender. It would be a huge gamble, and at this stage of the rebuild, likely too much risk for Edmonton to take.

I think he's going to Florida.
I'm sure Dubnyk has a bit of value around the league, especially to a team like Chicago.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:49 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
I'm sure Dubnyk has a bit of value around the league, especially to a team like Chicago.
Another reason I can't see Edmonton moving him. He's relatively young, cheap, and was an acceptable goalie playing behind Cam Barker and Corey Potter. When Andy Sutton is part of your top six, you have a few issues. Fortunately, Edmonton seems to have picked up a good defender in the off season, and Whitney sounds like he might actually be healthy.

I'd bet the "Wow" that came from Stauffer today relates to a defenseman - not Luongo.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Moore Money

Quote:

Luongo, Schroeder

for

I would be looking for that too, but then I would wake up and smell the coffee.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:24 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post

Also Im not to familar with schroeder, is he more defensively minded? Could he play 2 line center in 2013/2014 with Yakupov and MPS on his wing and provide some offense?
i feel this is too much going to Edm, but would do it if we dropped the Canucks 1st
just too much risk giving a young powerhouse team an all-star goalie ... if their D clicked, they could win the cup in the next 3 years

Old
10-29-2012, 09:29 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
i feel this is too much going to Edm, but would do it if we dropped the Canucks 1st
just too much risk giving a young powerhouse team an all-star goalie ... if their D clicked, they could win the cup in the next 3 years
Don't worry EDM will not be doing this deal for the reasons explained earlier.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
IIRC Gillis can't even approach Luongo even if he wanted at this point because it's illegal for them to talk with no CBA in place although I could be wrong here. Maybe someone could clarify, I just remember something being said on sportsnet recently that was something along those lines.

They would not be able to talk now. Not while the CBA is still up in the air. However, Luongo does mention that he was not yet approached to waive his NTC, for any team... which does go against some of the rumours floating around.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
They would not be able to talk now. Not while the CBA is still up in the air. However, Luongo does mention that he was not yet approached to waive his NTC, for any team... which does go against some of the rumours floating around.
Why would Gillis approach Luongo about waiving his NTC when it's obvious nobody has offered Gillis close to what he wants?

Old
10-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Why would Gillis approach Luongo about waiving his NTC when it's obvious nobody has offered Gillis close to what he wants?
Exactly. Although I'd suppose it's possible he's worked out a deal in principle, but they can't ask Luongo if he'll waive until after the new CBA goes through as well.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

If Luo gets dealt within be division the Oilers will not pay the price required, I am not interested in Hemsky, Gagner are players the Canucks shouldn't be intersted in.

Hemsky is injury prone (only ever finished 1 season) and had broken 20 goals only twice,not to mention is he WAAAAAAAAY overpaid and overrated by the Oilers. Kulemin is a better player/fit for what we need and for almost half the cap hit.

Gagner doesn't give us an upgrade on Booth/Raymond/Higgins.

The only pieces I'd want or would consider trading Luongo for are the ones EDM won't give up.

Chicago I would take slightly less value than what I'd demand from EDM. As in Bolland, Hjlmarsson + pick for Luongo +

Any teams in the east pay less of a premium because we would see much less if him. I for one would love to play elite goalies less so if we can move him out of the west that's great.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Overpayment from division rivals is overrated imo. Although if I really had to, I would make Chicago pay more becuase they're more of a competitor.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Exactly. Although I'd suppose it's possible he's worked out a deal in principle, but they can't ask Luongo if he'll waive until after the new CBA goes through as well.
It's a fact that there is some type of agreement between Luongo and Gillis that a deal will get done eventually. Luongo wouldn't be so calm if there wasn't. But GM's don't approach players about waiving their NTC until after a deal is in place.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Overpayment from division rivals is overrated imo. Although if I really had to, I would make Chicago pay more becuase they're more of a competitor.
So you're ok with giving a team we will play 6 or more times a year an elite goalie?

While we are at it lets trade Kesler to Calgary to play with Iginila and the Sedins to Minny to play with Parise...

Old
10-29-2012, 10:21 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
I agree with you when considering skaters, however I feel goaltending is a separate issue. I would never want to trade a top 5 goalie to a team in our division with elite offensive talent, unless the return was ridiculous.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Ummm he wouldn't...

Old
10-29-2012, 10:23 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
So you're ok with giving a team we will play 6 or more times a year an elite goalie?

While we are at it lets trade Kesler to Calgary to play with Iginila and the Sedins to Minny to play with Parise...
The problem is the Oilers don't have the defense to be a playoff team right now.

By the time the Oilers are a consistent playoff team and a Cup contender, you won't have to worry about Luongo being "elite" anymore.

Which is probably why the Oilers would likely never go anywhere near him.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
The problem is the Oilers don't have the defense to be a playoff team right now.

By the time the Oilers are a consistent playoff team and a Cup contender, you won't have to worry about Luongo being "elite" anymore.

Which is probably why the Oilers would likely never go anywhere near him.

Better get on the phone with Tambellini then because they have been mentioned in rumours. Even speculating on the strength of the offer being greater than that of TO's...

Old
10-29-2012, 10:30 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Better get on the phone with Tambellini then because they have been mentioned in rumours. Even speculating on the strength of the offer being greater than that of TO's...
There is a vast difference between rumours and useless speculation.

Not a single reporter, radio host, blogger, etc. has even mentioned anything in Edmonton that they are interested in Luongo, and if there was interest someone would be talking about it, especially if an offer was made.

Don't you find it strange all the "rumours" come from the same place?

The Oilers just signed a young goal to 3.5 million, trading for Luongo makes less than no sense on many different levels.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:36 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
By Botchford IIRC, however this has been dismissed as bs by Bob Stauffer on Oilers Now and he is about as connected to the team as you can get.
I would hazard a guess that this is Gillis playing Burke at his own media games whilst trying to drive up the price for Luongo (and who could blame him?)

Old
10-29-2012, 10:39 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
If Luo gets dealt within be division the Oilers will not pay the price required, I am not interested in Hemsky, Gagner are players the Canucks shouldn't be intersted in.

Hemsky is injury prone (only ever finished 1 season) and had broken 20 goals only twice,not to mention is he WAAAAAAAAY overpaid and overrated by the Oilers. Kulemin is a better player/fit for what we need and for almost half the cap hit.

The only pieces I'd want or would consider trading Luongo for are the ones EDM won't give up.

Chicago I would take slightly less value than what I'd demand from EDM. As in Bolland, Hjlmarsson + pick for Luongo +

Any teams in the east pay less of a premium because we would see much less if him. I for one would love to play elite goalies less so if we can move him out of the west that's great.
So can we agree that a trade with Luongo heading to Edm is highly unlikely? - because as good as Luongo is, it just makes no sense from our side at this stage.
Thanks.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Numbers

Quote:

Hjlmarsson is a player you keep suggesting, but is someone Canucks just do not need. Vancouvers defence is pretty much set with Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Garrison, Ballard, Tanev, Alberts. The only defenceman we would trade is Ballard, but his value is to low to make it worthwhile. Bolland is a good piece. I think that if we are trading with Chicago though we should be asking for Hossa or Sharp. I know many Chicago fans do not like this, but they are loaded up front and goaltending would really complete that team. Trading a star for a star is what it boils down to.

Closed Thread