HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 05:06 PM
lazyboy

vCash: 500
another great weekend by the sting....just came in to say way to go and my hats are also off to JB and the coaching staff since i'm also one to point all too quick at JB's flaws...well done!

Old
10-28-2012, 06:34 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
Anyone ever make the trip to Saginaw? Thinking about going to the game on November 4th. Any suggestions or advice?
easy trip. tickets are cheap at the door. and there is a restaurant just down the street...like the bijou or something like ... good food, and great price.
if you don't mind driving, piece of cake to get to. 1.5 hours.

Old
10-28-2012, 06:46 PM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
easy trip. tickets are cheap at the door. and there is a restaurant just down the street...like the bijou or something like ... good food, and great price.
if you don't mind driving, piece of cake to get to. 1.5 hours.
Going to stop at Birch Run the morning before the game and might stop in again on the way home the next morning. The Ramada Inn in Saginaw offers a package for $80 per night and that includes tickets to the game, shuttle ride to and from the game, hotel room for the night and breakfast in the morning. Can't beat that price. The tickets alone at the gate were $31 and we were going to spend the night in Birch run anyways. Thanks for the help and advice.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:18 AM
fanofdo

Quote:
Going to stop at Birch Run the morning before the game and might stop in again on the way home the next morning. The Ramada Inn in Saginaw offers a package for $80 per night and that includes tickets to the game, shuttle ride to and from the game, hotel room for the night and breakfast in the morning. Can't beat that price. The tickets alone at the gate were $31 and we were going to spend the night in Birch run anyways. Thanks for the help and advice.
That is a great deal - surprised it hasn't been advertised or have I just missed it?

Old
10-29-2012, 07:27 AM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post
That is a great deal - surprised it hasn't been advertised or have I just missed it?
It's on the Spirit website...just click on the ticket drop down menu and it's right there

Old
10-29-2012, 11:58 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Anyone ever make the trip to Saginaw? Thinking about going to the game on November 4th. Any suggestions or advice?
Just don't wander too far from the arena.

Old
10-29-2012, 06:15 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
another great weekend by the sting....just came in to say way to go and my hats are also off to JB and the coaching staff since i'm also one to point all too quick at JB's flaws...well done!
Who would have thought just a few months ago that we would be talking about the Sting being #1 on the PP and #3-4 on the PK. Congrats boys

Old
10-29-2012, 10:06 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Also nice to see Nikolay Goldobin second in rookie scoring. Sarnia has a good one in the making. He's just scratching the surface...

Old
10-29-2012, 10:10 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Also nice to see Nikolay Goldobin second in rookie scoring. Sarnia has a good one in the making. He's just scratching the surface...
great pickup by the Sting,they will continue to need his offence,in the very tough western conference where 5 pts separate 1st place to 8th as we head to the quarter pole of the season

Old
10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Baldy

Just watched Dave Naylor of TSN reporting on the so called CHLPA. Demolished this scam outfit. Every single player in the CHL should be required to sit and watch that clip.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
StungbySting

I had Connor Murphy out at my Novice Tier 1 practice yesterday and I couldn't get over how well spoken he is. The kids loved him being there on the ice, but he had a 5-10 minute talk with the group afterwards and it put a smile on every kids face. He stuck around for 20 minutes after practice and signed sticks, jerseys etc. Total class act.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Hivehound

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/-dad...f-justice.html

I don't know if I added the link correctly but a nice article on Justice Dundas and his Dad.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:53 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
I had Connor Murphy out at my Novice Tier 1 practice yesterday and I couldn't get over how well spoken he is. The kids loved him being there on the ice, but he had a 5-10 minute talk with the group afterwards and it put a smile on every kids face. He stuck around for 20 minutes after practice and signed sticks, jerseys etc. Total class act.
Great story. Thanks for sharing

Old
11-04-2012, 03:52 PM
krauss72

Big win last night. Way to bounce back! On another note former Sting B Ritchie scores 9 goals in last two days. NINE!!!

Old
11-04-2012, 06:26 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
Big win last night. Way to bounce back! On another note former Sting B Ritchie scores 9 goals in last two days. NINE!!!
Another win today.Who cares about Ritchie lol.Sarault 8 points in 2 games and Gali I believe 7 points.Who would have believed we would be talking about sarnia 2nd in the conference.Not Me. Congrats to Jocko and the team.Every game is exciting.Also congrats to Nick Goldobin on another goal today.As for Basso goals,that makes up for the 10 he has allowed by his play this year.Sorry venting,congrats Alex basso

Last edited by massey: 11-04-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Another win today.Who cares about Ritchie lol.Sarault 8 points in 2 games and Gali I believe 6 points.Who would have believed we would be talking about sarnia 2nd in the conference.Not Me. Congrats to Jocko and the team.Every game is exciting.Also congrats to Nick Goldobin on another goal today.As for Basso goals,that makes up for the 10 he has allowed by his play this year.Sorry venting,congrats Alex basso
Congrats to Sting followers,just think if u guys had Yakapov,though in the same breath Sting could lose Galchenyuk if Montreal gets back to work,could go from 2nd in the conf to 7 or 8th
I really think if Windsor had Khloklachev a few more pts in the standings would be a reality especially in shootout successes,he was deadly

Old
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Congrats to Sting followers,just think if u guys had Yakapov,though in the same breath Sting could lose Galchenyuk if Montreal gets back to work,could go from 2nd in the conf to 7 or 8th
I really think if Windsor had Khloklachev a few more pts in the standings would be a reality especially in shootout successes,he was deadly
You know what.i think we are a better team without Yaki.I was Yaki biggest fan last year but I think ALL our guys are playing harder without him>I think they depended too much on him last year and he was too predictable for the opposition later in the year.Plus he gave up easily on a play when he lost the puck and didnt have a defensive bone in his body to come back and pick up a man. I said at the start of the year that i liked our offense better this year w/o him than last year

Old
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM
SarniaSting101

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=644954

Nice article on Barrick, if I attached it right. I have a soft spot for goalies as I tried to play the position back in the day and I took a liking to this kid when he first appeared at rookie camp back in 2010. I tried to follow him best I could the past couple years and am glad to see him have some good games in the O. Keep it up Brodie!

Old
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
StungbySting

Had a great time at the game in Saginaw...thanks for all the advice...it was almost cheaper for my family to go to the game in Saginaw then it is to watch a game here it town. Great arena there too

Old
11-05-2012, 02:09 PM
krauss72

After a lackluster 1st period the lads got it together yesterday. Way to go Sting! I to think the team is playing more like a TEAM this year.

Old
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
SMantzas

How has Reid Boucher looked this year? Has he improved his all around game?

Old
11-05-2012, 08:23 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Well IMO Reid had an awesum preseason.looked strong,Then for a 4-5 game stretch he seem to loose his touch and didnt seem real hungry to me BUT since then he has played awesum i think.Now, he is usually on a line with Sarault and Gali and even I could look good with that pair.LOL.Seriously,he has been with a few other linemates also and looked good.He is on the first line PK which is 3rd-4th in the league,he skates well,quite a few shorthanded opportunities,awesum shot and on the PK blocks a lot of shots.He is also first line of the PP which is 1st-3rd in the league and has performed well passing the puck around and a blister of a shot.He has also thrown some hard checks to my surprise and can hold his own.To me a great improvement over last year and looks great.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
He's improved a bit from last year but he still struggles with consistency especially on a shift-to-shift basis. He still owns one of the best releases in the OHL but hasn't found the back of the net as much as I expected him to especially considering his line mates. He's getting much better on the defensive side of the puck and shows better in battles. His puck handling skills have also improved but he still struggles at times if under pressure

Overall, Boucher has been good. With more consistency over the entire season and his development is on track

Old
11-05-2012, 09:51 PM
StungbySting

Quote:
He's improved a bit from last year but he still struggles with consistency especially on a shift-to-shift basis. He still owns one of the best releases in the OHL but hasn't found the back of the net as much as I expected him to especially considering his line mates. He's getting much better on the defensive side of the puck and shows better in battles. His puck handling skills have also improved but he still struggles at times if under pressure

Overall, Boucher has been good. With more consistency over the entire season and his development is on track
Well said... I was expecting more this year offensively...good to see him becoming a more rounded player...I expected him to score 30-40 playing top line mins...he still could do it...a hat trick here and there will put him on pace for it

Old
11-06-2012, 03:30 AM
tommy89

Quote:

I agree with all of what was said by Dean. On the note of his shot/shooting I'd like to point out tho that I think the problem he has run into this year is that he has become much more predictable for goalies. His shoot from anywhere style made him dangerous in the offensive zone last season(still is), but now more established in the OHL he needs to pick up more of a willingness to pass in order to keep the goaltenders guessing, thats not a knock on his team play either. I'm just saying if I'm a goalie and he's comming in on me 2 on 1 with the puck, I know what he's going to do with it

As I also expected Reid to put up 30-40 this season as Lavy said and he's certinaly behind that pace right now, but I think he does have a breakout weekend up his sleeve and that gets him going. On a good note I've definately noticed his 2 way game has improved which was a must considering his poor +/- last season.

Closed Thread